Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

4 dicers with SL4 in true Native mode

DJMINGIA 4:42 PM - 20 February, 2013
While SL4 does indeed offer 4 decks at the same time, the last 2 decks (secondary) are not true decks that can be operated natively via MIDI. If Serato is going to offer 4 decks, and charge more for it, why not offer the ability to control all 4 decks the same exact way, natively? What if I want to use 2 pairs of native controllers (Same model or not)? That can't be done on all 4 decks at the same time. The only way to control secondary decks is either control signal, or mapping a "generic" MIDI device with no true LED feedback. You can't re-map native controllers and have true LED feedback. Howe about giving us the ability to control all 4 decks natively at the same time as a true 4 deck design should/would?

Thanks.
Craig Dalzell 11:56 AM - 4 April, 2013
I've wanted this for nearly 2 years since i bought my SL4 and set of dicers, puts me off using my secondary decks 3&4 for anything else other than acapella's and samples during my sets which like you say isn't like a true 4 deck set up.

Should not have to think, "oh i better drop that vocal on that deck and get this track that deck"

i've MIDI mapped bank 2 on my DN-HC100s to control decks 3 & 4 but it's just not the same, i'd go out and buy another set of dicers tomorrow if that feature was implemented
DJMINGIA 2:49 PM - 4 April, 2013
It's sad that the SL4 really isn't true 4 deck. It's as if they took an SL1 and added 2 decks as an afterthought. Sure, on screen there are 4 decks, but 2 of those decks have to be "secondary" decks, and cannot be controlled natively at the same time as the other 2 decks. If I want to use two 450''s, I can't. 2 pairs of dicers natively, can't. Why is it so hard to be able to implement native control of those last 2 decks? We paid nearly twice as much for the SL4, so why not?
dLo-dnb 3:43 AM - 9 May, 2013
I'm going to second this- I currently use 3 turntables with drop to cue on an SL3. I may need to switch to a 3 CDJ setup in the future, but don't want to give up being able to instantly jump to cue points (similar to being able to needle drop on vinyl). I've been told you can't run 3 dicers natively on an SL3, though I have never been able to try it myself. I would really like if 3 deck setups for the SL3 and up to 4-deck setups for the SL4 natively supported 3 and 4 dicers, respectively.
Canon 1:33 AM - 11 June, 2013
I also use 3 decks via my SL3, controlled with CDJ 850s in HID mode, and can only get Dicers to control decks 1 & 2... I would pick up a second set in a heartbeat to put a third Dicer on deck 3 if it would work just like the Dicers on decks 1 & 2.
Please support this!!!
938MyDJ 6:46 PM - 18 June, 2013
+1
DJ_Seanie 12:45 AM - 25 June, 2014
A year later and still I can't use more than 2 dicers or all three decks as native on my SL3. I'm starting to think that the only way to do this is to buy a SL1/2 another laptop and a set of dicers and beatmix by ear. I'd also like to point out that if your spending the extra cash on a SL3 or SL4 your kind of expecting to be able to use 2 pair of dicers and 3 or 4 decks natively. Considering that support for scratch live is stopping soon, It would be a nice feature to add in one of the last updates.