Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Posting/Preview button stays disabled

nik39 10:33 PM - 7 August, 2008
Was working fine this morning (local time).. now they stay disabled - I can't post.
Serato, Support
Matt G 11:10 PM - 7 August, 2008
Hm. They're working fine for me (Firefox and Safari tested just now). They're disabled by default until there's content in your message body, but there's a couple of conditions where they can accidentally become disabled and not become reenabled. Firefox also has an annoying feature/bug that causes them to stay disabled on a page reload, which is possibly outside our control.

The Javascript also changed a little bit yesterday. It might be worth forcing Firefox to get the latest version of www.serato.com, just incase that's the problem.
nik39 11:16 PM - 7 August, 2008
I am on FF 3.0.1 and they don't get enabled even after typing in text.

Quote:

It might be worth forcing Firefox to get the latest version of www.serato.com

Reloaded that page a few times (is that how you get the latest version?) and the problem still persists.
Serato, Support
Matt G 12:52 AM - 8 August, 2008
Hmm. I just tried again on FF 3.0.1 as a non moderator user (the JS works a bit different for mods), and it worked fine...

It may be that you still don't have the latest JS file. I had a problem yesterday with Firefox refusing to get the latest version of the file until I restarted it. I suspect their caching code has had a bug introduced recently.

Are you seeing any JS errors in Firefox's error console (or Firebug, if you have it)?
nik39 1:56 AM - 8 August, 2008
Hm, I haven't changed anything in my browser... and suddenly it works. Weird.

However I get these following errors/warnings in the console:

Quote:
Warning: Expected declaration but found '!'. Skipped to next declaration.
Source File: www.serato.com
Line: 1
Warning: Unknown property 'text-overflow'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: www.serato.com
Line: 64

Serato, Support
Matt G 2:11 AM - 8 August, 2008
I bet it was Firefox too aggressively caching the JS file. They need to fix that.

The first of those warnings, I have no idea - never seen it. But the second one is fine. It just means we're using a CSS property that Firefox doesn't support yet.
nik39 2:18 AM - 8 August, 2008
Quote:
I bet it was Firefox too aggressively caching the JS file.

How do I force a reload of that JS file?
Serato, Support
Matt G 2:59 AM - 8 August, 2008
I had to restart Firefox yesterday when it was refusing to get the latest version of the file. On previous versions of Firefox just doing a page refresh would do it, but it seems not the latest version.
nobspangle 2:56 PM - 8 August, 2008
ctrl+F5 should force a reload of all files associated with the page css, script, images etc.
nik39 6:18 PM - 8 August, 2008
Good to know, thanks nobspangle!
Serato, Support
Matt G 1:18 AM - 9 August, 2008
It should. But it isn't in the latest build. At least not for me.