Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Choppy Waveform/Audio on Right Deck

MClarke513 2:55 AM - 14 February, 2013
ITCH was working fine until yesterday (which I use with my NS7FX) and while playing on the right deck, the waveform and audio becomes choppy and slows down a bit. This makes it impossible to beat match and the choppiness is audible as well. This only happens when the motorized platters are ON. If turned off, it's fine. This also only happens on the right deck. The left deck is normal. Any help would be much appreciated.

What I've checked:
Latest NS7 firmware update
Latest version of ITCH, and video
Tried different USB cords
Tried different USB port
Tried different latency settings
Re-calibrated NS7
Took platter off and cleaned around and underneath with canned-air and a lint free cloth
phatbob 3:30 AM - 14 February, 2013
Start a help request so Serato support staff can assist you.
MClarke513 2:28 PM - 14 February, 2013
I've done that. I also wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience and any insight on what the cause may be. Serato can be a little slow to respond, and I use my NS7 2-3 times a week.
Papa Midnight 5:42 AM - 16 February, 2013
Quote:
This only happens when the motorized platters are ON. If turned off, it's fine.

Sounds like a dropout in progress.
MClarke513 7:29 PM - 20 February, 2013
To be more specific, it only happens to the right deck, when the right platter is on. If the right platter is off, it works fine. The left side always works fine, whether the platter is on or off.
Rob V 6:48 PM - 22 July, 2014
This has been happening to me also on my VCI-300 and my NS6.I've been experiencing audio dropouts and choppy waveforms.The audio dropouts are external.Because if I'm recording it doesn't affect my recording.I'm gonna add 2GB of RAM to My MacBook and see if that makes a difference.