Serato DJ General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ software and controllers

windows 8

DJ Sugarbear 4:43 PM - 6 December, 2012
hi there.. iv just got a new lap top, and it has windows 8 installed on it. am just wondering is serato working fine with it or will i have to install windows 7 on it
Logan D 11:45 PM - 6 December, 2012
Hey DJ Sugarbear,

We are currently in the middle of investigating/testing Windows 8 with Serato DJ - which means it's currently unsupported. From memory we have run into a few issues that we will likely need to fix before supporting it so if you plan on using Serato DJ out I highly recommend rolling back to Windows 7 until that official support comes.

Alternatively, you can just go ahead and use Windows 8 (it seems quite a few people are). You might not run into any problems but we can't guarantee that until official support.

Hope that helps!
DJ Sugarbear 8:23 AM - 7 December, 2012
i dont use serato dj. i use scratch live if that helps any??
DJ Sugarbear 8:44 AM - 7 December, 2012
i aslo cant install windows 7 on my new lap top due to the downgrade option that microsoft dont like. hopefully serato will have an update to get it supported asap likes
Dj Nyce 4:33 PM - 7 December, 2012
i use a mac but i always like to keep my windows laptop undated just in case in need a backup.

ssl works perfectly fine for me in windows 8 on 62, sl2 and sl3.
DJ Sugarbear 7:19 PM - 7 December, 2012
ok see am on the sl1 maybe il give it ago and see what happens
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:09 PM - 11 December, 2012
Sl-1 new laptop good luck! Is it an intel i series laptop? If so even more good luck!

Strange as Rane say all there hardware has issues with windows 8. And serato are working on a fix. But i also read a few peeps thats its working fine trial and error i supose.
Atriks 7:33 PM - 11 December, 2012
Quote:
hi there.. iv just got a new lap top, and it has windows 8 installed on it. am just wondering is serato working fine with it or will i have to install windows 7 on it

I have the new HP Envy m4 laptop with Windows 8, i7, and 8gb of RAM. I'm running Serato DJ 1.1 with a Pioneer DDJ-SX with no problems as of right now. I hope this helps!
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:37 PM - 11 December, 2012
No it don't help at all as he has a Rane SL-1 he is wanting to use with Scratchlive on a windows 8 laptop.
Atriks 7:41 PM - 11 December, 2012
Quote:
No it don't help at all as he has a Rane SL-1 he is wanting to use with Scratchlive on a windows 8 laptop.

My bad, I missed that part.

Regards
Adam
Logan D 8:30 PM - 12 December, 2012
Currently our Scratch Live installer can not install our hardware drivers on Windows 8, we're working on fixing this now. However, if you are a Windows 7 user and updated to Windows 8 you should be fine as the drivers will already be installed (however we still aren't supporting Win 8 yet). Stay tuned for more news around this update :)

With Serato DJ we have found a few issues in our regression testing that we would like to fix before officially supporting Windows 8.

Hope that helps guys!
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:38 PM - 12 December, 2012
But as you have an RANE SL-1 take a read if this ---> serato.com
DJ Sugarbear 9:35 AM - 14 December, 2012
it loaded ok, but got a red signal line instead of the grey so just left it till the update will come out.. didnt want it to crash mid way thur set
DJ Sugarbear 9:39 AM - 14 December, 2012
i got samsung series 7, intel7 with 8gb ram, 1tb memory. its a top of the range of lap top
djdelite 2:52 AM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
Currently our Scratch Live installer can not install our hardware drivers on Windows 8, we're working on fixing this now. However, if you are a Windows 7 user and updated to Windows 8 you should be fine as the drivers will already be installed (however we still aren't supporting Win 8 yet). Stay tuned for more news around this update :)

With Serato DJ we have found a few issues in our regression testing that we would like to fix before officially supporting Windows 8.

Hope that helps guys!

It does help and WOULD really be a big help if someone was keeping people in the loop of a closer date. Im so frustrated with this whole process more so windows 8 and some compatiable issues. I hope the fix can take place very very soon. I really want to get back into the swing of business and organize and enjoy scratch live. I tried to load it on windows 8 and then install the drivers manually but NO LUCK. I have windows 8 with a Rane 62...that's just sitting around :(
pdidy 3:58 AM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Hope that helps guys!

It does help and WOULD really be a big help if someone was keeping people in the loop of a closer date. Im so frustrated with this whole process more so windows 8 and some compatiable issues. I hope the fix can take place very very soon. I really want to get back into the swing of business and organize and enjoy scratch live. I tried to load it on windows 8 and then install the drivers manually but NO LUCK. I have windows 8 with a Rane 62...that's just sitting around :(

This is why it is very important for users to read and do proper research in regards to system requirements PRIOR to buying new gear and or software.
djdelite 1:22 AM - 21 December, 2012
Thanks pdidy. It's only a matter of time before the upgrade will be available.. I'm just hoping sooner than later..
Logan D 5:37 AM - 21 December, 2012
Hey djdelite,

That's a shame to hear, I can imagine how frustrating that would be. We're making good progress on the installation issue. Keep an eye out for a Public Beta some time in the new year.

Logan.
djdelite 11:35 AM - 21 December, 2012
Serato is not the only program with 8 that's an issue. There are some others . I jus cant believe how every other windows upward movement seem to work great until now.. I can still borrow a labtop but that's another headache lol.. Ill continue to deal. Thanks for the support an I'm glad to know forward progress is being made.

True story I went to a dj show in NYC like 2002 or 2003 an bought original serato stuff with its week one release.. I've Been loyal an love the progress it's made not only for me but worldwide ..
DJ_Japa-Br 12:52 AM - 5 February, 2013
I agree with pdidy, i have a DDJ S1 with seratO itch and it does not work with windows 8 and we can not have a deadeline (from serato) to have our DJ gear working fine! That's a really embarrassing situation!
Targett_M 12:58 AM - 27 May, 2013
I Recently downloaded Serato DJ for my DDJ SX and have had a few problems with windows 8. Some songs from my iTunes library can't be recognized and I cant hear music through my headphones as-well. Any Solutions? All nobs and controls are at normal level so.