Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Pioneer djm700 for serato video

Macks-Well 12:13 AM - 11 November, 2012
I am about to purchase a djm 700 for video mixing as it has 4 channels vs the ttm57. Does anyone know if the mixer will control audio and video when switching between the 2 during a set?
And what else will i need in order to midi controll/assign? Ive seen other disscusions about an interface? Im a bit confused as to what this enables you to do?

Help is much appreciated!

Cheers from NZ
Code:E 12:21 AM - 11 November, 2012
you just need a midi to usb interface. i have used this one in the past www.m-audio.ca
Code:E 12:21 AM - 11 November, 2012
other than that the djm700 will work fine
phatbob 1:06 AM - 11 November, 2012
I own a 700 and it works a treat with Serato Video & MixEmergency.

A bonus is that all the midi enabled Pioneer mixers transmit the same midi data from each control. So you can map your software with the 700 and rock up to any venue where they have a DJM-800/850/900/2000, and you won't have to remap anything.
Code:E 1:21 AM - 11 November, 2012
Quote:
A bonus is that all the midi enabled Pioneer mixers transmit the same midi data from each control. So you can map your software with the 700 and rock up to any venue where they have a DJM-800/850/900/2000, and you won't have to remap anything.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! Really???? I have like 5 midi preset for ME for each mixer and which channels i'm using.... I'm gonna have to try this out.
phatbob 1:58 AM - 11 November, 2012
Yup. I'm 100%. Download the manuals and they tell you all the signals.

Obviously each mixer has some different physical controls on the unit, but crossfader, upfaders and stuff like each channel's EQ are always the same.
Code:E 2:24 AM - 11 November, 2012
Thats handy.
Macks-Well 4:58 AM - 11 November, 2012
So without this midi to usb interface i wont be able to midi control/assign? And it is simple plug n play......assign etc?
phatbob 9:18 AM - 11 November, 2012
There is only an old-style 5-pin midi port, and no USB on the mixer, so you do need an interface like Code:E linked, but once that is hooked up the mapping is plug-and-play, yes. You assign it like you do any other midi device.

Actually, to be extra cautious, I'd suggest the Roland UM-One interface instead of the M-Audio.

I have read on here (a while back) of some 700s not working great with the M-Audio.

And as they both cost and function the same, I'd err on the side of caution and go with the Roland.
Code:E 7:18 PM - 11 November, 2012
I found the m audio link 1st but i own a roland one too find it work better also . and doesn't break. My friends m audio one fell apart after 6 months. But hes hard on stuff.
Quote:
So without this midi to usb interface i wont be able to midi control/assign?

Your a DJ and should be tech savoy. Do some critical thinking. without some sort of device or cable plugged into the mixer sending information to the computer how can you expect the computer to know when the faders are moving? And yes plug it in and assign stuff. Assuming your on a mac. If you on a PC you need drivers, but again that should go without saying.
Macks-Well 2:13 AM - 12 November, 2012
Quote:
I found the m audio link 1st but i own a roland one too find it work better also . and doesn't break. My friends m audio one fell apart after 6 months. But hes hard on stuff.
Quote:
So without this midi to usb interface i wont be able to midi control/assign?

Your a DJ and should be tech savoy. Do some critical thinking. without some sort of device or cable plugged into the mixer sending information to the computer how can you expect the computer to know when the faders are moving? And yes plug it in and assign stuff. Assuming your on a mac. If you on a PC you need drivers, but again that should go without saying.

Thanks, that makes sense.
Appreciate the help!
Much love!
Kenyan Zaga 12:15 PM - 8 June, 2015
Hi guyz kindly need your help here. I have a MIDI cable,Pioneer DJM 700,serato box Sl2 and serato dj 1.7.5 with serato video.How can I MIDI map the crossfader so that while mixing the videos ill see the transition?
Code:E 9:33 PM - 8 June, 2015
Quote:
Hi guyz kindly need your help here. I have a MIDI cable,Pioneer DJM 700,serato box Sl2 and serato dj 1.7.5 with serato video.How can I MIDI map the crossfader so that while mixing the videos ill see the transition?

Plug in the MIDI cable to the mixer and your computer (make sure you plug it in the right way).

Check in the MIDI setting page that the MIDI to USB adaptor is being picked up.

Open the Serato Video Panel

Click the midi map button

click on the control you want to midi map

Move the fader/knob/button you want to control whatever you clicked on.

Have a beer.
DJ Tecniq 2:13 PM - 9 June, 2015
I have the 700 and use the Cakewalk UM1G interface and it never fails. It is important to have the midi button turned on your mixer as you will get no control unless you do so. For me I didn't even have to push start on the mixer. Just pushed the on button and everything was golden👌🏻💯
Culprit 2:31 PM - 14 August, 2015
Hey Code what roland device are you using?
Code:E 3:40 PM - 14 August, 2015
www.roland.ca

This is. I have had really good luck with it.
Culprit 5:05 PM - 14 August, 2015
thank you!