Serato DJ General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ software and controllers

Serato DJ AUTO GAIN setting?

DJ Baby Raj 4:41 AM - 8 November, 2012
Which db do you like using default 92 db? Would like to hear what others are using on the DDJ-SX. I was running 93 db on my S1.
phatbob 9:08 AM - 8 November, 2012
I have always used 92db with all Serato software.
diezdiaz 5:35 PM - 8 November, 2012
92db. been waiting on my sx, so been messing around with the stand alone and been noticing regardless of the setting its been setting the tracks gain too hot. can both hear and see it clipping in the software. just had to get used to adjusting the gain as well when i beat grid, probably something i should have been doing anyways.
valdini 9:43 PM - 8 November, 2012
Have been getting a very hot signal coming from the software into the main unit and have to keep the gains at about 9pm on the dial.

K
DJ Baby Raj 10:01 PM - 8 November, 2012
And this is set at 92 db?
valdini 10:26 PM - 8 November, 2012
Yep, was fine in SSL but now is showing much higher on the channel / master with Serato DJ.

K
diezdiaz 10:41 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
And this is set at 92 db?

yeah unfortunately, the gain setting doesnt seem to make a difference. the gain setting will affect the over all level going out to the outboard mixer, but it still clips internal audio. so regardless of setting, regardless of mixer gain, you still have pops and clicks from the software over doing the levels on random tracks. its not a big deal if you're willing to sort your stuff manually, but for all those who expect results with no work - they're probably the people complaining about wheres my service
BadBoyChubs 11:02 PM - 8 November, 2012
do u all re-analyze in SeratoDJ. that made a difference for
DJ Baby Raj 12:03 AM - 9 November, 2012
Yeah every time u tweak the gain db setting you have re-anaylze 1 file for testing then the whole library when your happy.
dj shadow from detroit 2:39 AM - 9 November, 2012
91db and keep trim levels at 9-10 on the 61.
Johnnynights 11:45 PM - 4 February, 2014
I analyzed my tracks with 92db default,then i lowered it to 91 and 90db because my tracks were clipping and the volume level on the gains in serato dj are the same it didnt lower the volume.

Looks like i have to analyze my whole library again just for that kinda annoying.