Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Sort Cues Chronologically

[O/][iii][O/] 10:03 PM - 5 November, 2012
Sort Cues Chronologically (same as SSL)
irieproductions 10:12 PM - 5 November, 2012
+1
djjoaop 10:28 PM - 5 November, 2012
+10
dgh-dj 2:52 AM - 6 November, 2012
Definitely, and labelling cues would be nice!
[O/][iii][O/] 11:58 PM - 21 February, 2013
Djsho 1:59 PM - 24 March, 2013
That would be nice
rolymaz 5:47 AM - 18 April, 2013
+1 - on the NS6 there are only 4 cue points so it was easy to work out. With 8 cue points it is a nightmare. The cue points are identified by a little coloured triangles and there is no way to reference this back the actual cue button om the controller. This forces me to always set cues in sequence and then i have to count the little triangles to work out which cue button to hit. Must be an easier way than that. A chrono sort would be magic or even just some labels (e.g. numbers) on the cue point.
Draven1327 7:30 PM - 15 May, 2013
+1
Djsho 4:37 AM - 20 May, 2013
+ 1
[O/][iii][O/] 1:30 PM - 5 September, 2013
PLEASE include this in SDJ 1.5.0! PRETTY PLEASE!! WITH SUGAR ON TOP!!!
DJ The Glove 1:16 AM - 22 September, 2013
+1
DJ Barticus 8:50 PM - 22 September, 2013
yeah
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:06 AM - 18 October, 2013
Bump.+

Sort cue point please! for the Rane 64's sake! ;)
Crazyraider 12:47 AM - 18 October, 2013
I could see this being useful. But right now, I don't have any problems with having them in the order I set them (for example, I may set cues that I would use in sequence (though they may be on opposite ends of a track) right next to each other, while putting separate ones (that are between the two aforementioned cues) further away on the pads. So like many other UI changes, make this an option, not a requirement.

+1 for an option for this
JackGregory 1:18 AM - 18 October, 2013
this +1. not sure why it isn't already in there as it's been in scratch live for a long time!
Mister Mac 5:41 PM - 27 November, 2013
+1
DjBliZz 10:51 PM - 4 December, 2013
This isn't available in SDJ? It's a necessary option for me in SSL! Hurry up and include it before I switch over.
Dj Chris Deza 3:34 AM - 5 December, 2013
+100
BADIW 10:24 PM - 10 December, 2013
+100000
DJ GaFFle 11:45 AM - 18 December, 2013
Please add… why do awesome SSL features get stripped from iTch and Serato DJ? I'm guessing job security.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:18 PM - 18 December, 2013
Also requested Here ---> serato.com
nik39 2:23 PM - 18 December, 2013
It's a pain in the *** that this is still missing :(
joachimj 2:47 PM - 18 December, 2013
+1
aireyc 10:06 PM - 15 January, 2014
+1 on this, ridiculous it's not included.
Eskei83 12:07 AM - 17 January, 2014
+1
DJ Nony 8:23 PM - 23 January, 2014
What I find hard to wrap my mind around is - if Serato DJ is meant to be the flagship software, an improvement, how come it is lacking these simple feature that is in the older systems.
Instead of making our lifes easier, Serato DJ is making us remember the good old ScatchLive.

i expected the developers to roll forward the features of ScratchLive, pimp it, and then add new features; not drop off features.

For me, lack of this feature is very serious, as it affects my live performance - as am no longer sure of the cue points sequence, so I end up avoiding/not do some live performance with the cue buttons.
It is inhibiting creativity

I would really appreciate if this be given top priority in the next release.
djmq 5:33 PM - 24 January, 2014
+1

It's horrible when using cues set in SSL. (Pretty much all my cues, that is.)
DJ Nony 12:50 PM - 27 January, 2014
SSL? or u mean SDj(sera to dj)?
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:07 PM - 27 January, 2014
Hes come from ssl all cues were set in ssl and ordered my this option.

Now he opens sdj cues are all over the place in order.
Davideon 9:02 PM - 28 January, 2014
Just found out the sz indicates which hot cue is coming next ( a feature I have long requested). So it might just sort chronologically
Davideon 10:08 PM - 28 January, 2014
just had it confirmed that cues will be sorted chronologically in " an update soon".
nik39 10:43 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Just found out the sz indicates which hot cue is coming next ( a feature I have long requested). So it might just sort chronologically

Hopefully does that work with the SZ?
swift807 11:32 PM - 2 February, 2014
+1 , and also naming loops
Willrock 11:31 AM - 26 February, 2014
+1
Zephirnl 1:08 PM - 28 February, 2014
+1 on this _as an option_

Quote:
just had it confirmed that cues will be sorted chronologically in " an update soon".

Hope this is true, can this be confirmed?
DJ Trice 2:55 PM - 3 March, 2014
+1 !!!
lindsaymar 3:51 PM - 3 March, 2014
+1
Jensen Määäm 9:59 PM - 6 March, 2014
+1
Willie Dynamite 5:41 PM - 22 March, 2014
why has this not been addressed yet?
Mister Mac 10:39 PM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
why has this not been addressed yet?
DJ Nony 10:48 AM - 14 April, 2014
Serato need to sort this out ASAP! This is a major issue!!
whitenite 9:23 AM - 10 June, 2014
+1

Surely this was omitted in Serato DJ by mistake? Please re-implement!!!
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:53 AM - 27 June, 2014
Hey guys,

Sorry this isn't in the software yet, but we hope to implement this in an update soon.

Thanks for being patient and we appreciate your feedback :)
Jensen Määäm 10:04 AM - 4 July, 2014
We are patient, we gave up on you.
Jensen Määäm 10:05 AM - 4 July, 2014
We are not patient, we gave up on you.
DjBliZz 5:46 PM - 29 July, 2014
We demand a timeline! Waiting 2 years for a feature like this that's so simple? Want to make it more complicated? Make it track specific, there you go. Now you can think of it as something more complicated and maybe you will work harder and faster to get it out in the next update. We have all been more than patient. We at least deserve a detailed explanation as to why it hasn't been implemented. That might help many of us to understand and continue to be patient. For the most part, we are all pretty computer savvy folks. Give us a taste as to why or maybe what the problem is? Maybe even someone on here would be able to help solve the problem? I'm sure there are more users who use "Sort Cues Chronologically" than use "Sync" but that feature gets all the damn attention. (Thank you for adding the disable sync feature btw). Just don't hold back. Let us know what the actual issue is. If I read "Not available yet. Hope to get it out in the near future" as a reply one more time, I will go absolutely insane. Help us!
DJ Compiler 6:30 PM - 29 July, 2014
Here let's put it a way the developers will understand

int main()
{
int support;
unsigned int featureStatus = 0;
for(support = 0; support >= 0; support++)
{
printf("Chrono Sort Support: %u\n", support);
if(featureStatus)
break;
}
return 0;
}

I know there's a lot to be done with SDJ but cut those SSL guys some slack and start working through the back log of feature requests.

PS: I don't think that the integer overflow will become a problem but lets not let it come to that ;)
DJ Mell 07 7:52 PM - 29 July, 2014
+1000
dizzyrocks2001 8:24 PM - 29 July, 2014
Maybe I'm not understanding something but what is the advantage of being able to sort your cue points chronologically? Don't you put your cue points in order when you initially create them? Can someone explain? Do you guys not set your cue points from left to right on the wave form?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 2:57 AM - 30 July, 2014
The chronological cue feature development is going well - we'll have some news very soon :)
DjBliZz 4:41 AM - 30 July, 2014
Quote:
Here let's put it a way the developers will understand

int main()
{
int support;
unsigned int featureStatus = 0;
for(support = 0; support >= 0; support++)
{
printf("Chrono Sort Support: %u\n", support);
if(featureStatus)
break;
}
return 0;
}

I know there's a lot to be done with SDJ but cut those SSL guys some slack and start working through the back log of feature requests.

PS: I don't think that the integer overflow will become a problem but lets not let it come to that ;)

See this is what I'm talking about! Teamwork!

+420
DjBliZz 5:26 PM - 31 July, 2014
Quote:
Maybe I'm not understanding something but what is the advantage of being able to sort your cue points chronologically? Don't you put your cue points in order when you initially create them? Can someone explain? Do you guys not set your cue points from left to right on the wave form?

Not all the time. Especially when created on the fly in a live setting. Most of the time I'm listening for the post or drop or whatever to decide where I want to add a cue point to mark mix in/out or spots I want to play around with. Then work back to set the intro points and what not. OR, you realize that you really don't need the first 1 or 2 cue points that you placed in order and need to use those slots later on in the track. That would then trigger the middle/end of the track when you press the first cue button on the dicers (or whatever midi pad controller used). Never had to worry about triggering the wrong cue on the dicers since it automatically placed them in chronological order. Only to find out that SSL doesn't save them that way. So, once you open up SDJ it places the cues in the order they were created and not in the order they were organized in SSL using the "sort cues chronologically" feature. Pressing what you think will be a cue point somewhere in the middle of the track but actually triggering the intro is no good for anyone.

That being said, there's no way to know what tracks have cue points that are out of order besides loading each and every track in the library to check them and manually move the cue points around. That is a completely unnecessary pain which will probably take years to complete.

Of course, I can see the usefulness of being able to place them anywhere for certain performance situations. It might be nice to have a toggle switch for each track *that saves what was last used* to switch between the two options. Kind of like the effects save or video link button.
dizzyrocks2001 5:11 AM - 1 August, 2014
Ahhh, I see, thank you for taking the time to clarify.
DjBliZz 7:32 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Ahhh, I see, thank you for taking the time to clarify.

No problem.
Dj Wunder 9:53 PM - 4 August, 2014
Sweet, it's here

serato.com
DjBliZz 10:57 PM - 4 August, 2014
Yup! Already installed the beta and clicked that sweet little box.
whitenite 8:22 AM - 5 August, 2014
PRAISE THE LORD
Johnny.S 10:04 AM - 5 August, 2014
THANK YOU SERATO!!!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:08 AM - 5 August, 2014
:)
DjBliZz 2:41 PM - 2 September, 2014
1.7 is now a final official release! We did it! I can finally use SDJ out at gigs! Thanks Serato and Thanks to everyone else who wanted this feature as much as I did.