Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

TRAKTOR DATABASE IMPORTER FOR SERATO DJ??

Rrocksteady 9:54 AM - 20 October, 2012
ssl database importer for traktor is a great tool for anyone who switched to traktor...
with the introduction of Serato DJ will there be a Serato equivalent???

(or is there such a thing already and i missed the boat??)

ps. not happy Twitch has to wait till spring...and VCI 400 has till wait till winter 2013...WTF????
phatbob 11:05 AM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
ssl database importer for traktor is a great tool for anyone who switched to traktor...
with the introduction of Serato DJ will there be a Serato equivalent???

(or is there such a thing already and i missed the boat??)

ps. not happy Twitch has to wait till spring...and VCI 400 has till wait till winter 2013...WTF????

NI's database importer is long dead, sadly. Doesn't look likely that either company will be making a new equivalent.

As for your second point, you seem to have got a bit confused by the way they've described it; the VCI-400 will get Serato DJ before the Twitch, which will be getting it early next year. Intro controllers get the paid upgrade before Itch controllers get the free upgrade.
Rrocksteady 3:38 PM - 21 October, 2012
serato.com

it says vci 400 winter 2013 which is a year from now and...

serato.com

it says Twitch spring 2013....

not sure what you mean by 'dead' im still using it loooooool
DJdaveZ 4:57 PM - 21 October, 2012
dec 2012

the front page is different but when you click on the vci400 you get.......

serato.com
phatbob 5:30 PM - 21 October, 2012
They've put it badly, but by winter 2013 they mean the coming winter (December/January) and spring 2013 follows that.

Serato staff have confirmed that elsewhere on the forum.
Rrocksteady 9:13 PM - 21 October, 2012
oooooooooook !!! now i get it......thanks

its a shame nobody is going to develop the data importer...helped me massively migrate to traktor
dj-nice 10:46 PM - 21 October, 2012
The NI Database Importer for SSL still work and is a great tool to make the non supported DX future safe with my Serato database:
www.native-instruments.com
phatbob 11:48 PM - 21 October, 2012
Did it work for you? I was under the impression it didn't work anymore.
Mr Wilks 12:50 AM - 22 October, 2012
The SSL importer didn't work for me two years ago when I bought a cheap Audio 8 and TSP in the half price sale.

It's been dead for that long.
dj-nice 7:32 AM - 22 October, 2012
just tested, worked fine with Database importer, Crate importer and Folder importer!
Rrocksteady 8:35 PM - 22 October, 2012
I created a lot of crates in Serato Itch when i was using it with the Vci 300,
it still works and is a great tool!
it migrates Itch cue points effortlessly

My cue points in traktor are pin point and at this stage I really dont want to be forced to re-do them
as will a whole bunch of people

its all about library recognition, Native Instruments recognized this, and gave us a handy tool...

I think it would be wise for Serato or a third party to do the same...
Mr Wilks 1:09 AM - 23 October, 2012
I pulled my hair out trying to get it to work and never quite got it to do anything and looking into it, many others had the same problem on the Traktor forums. It was just dead.

This was Traktor 1 just before Traktor 2 launched. I remember the database importer stating it worked with SSL version 1.9.2 and I put it down to the newer database V2 not being compatible as at the time as we was on SSL 2.0 by then. I had no clue.

Maybe they fixed it? I do hope so.
Mr Wilks 1:24 AM - 23 October, 2012
Looks like an issue with the way Serato changed the database handling.

The trick could be not to have sub crates?

www.native-instruments.com
dj-nice 6:38 AM - 23 October, 2012
Had crates and subcrates and tested the tool without Problems.
My database is on a separate Partition.
phatbob 8:29 AM - 23 October, 2012
I had already duplicated my library to another drive for Traktor, but I ran the tool on the folders in the hope of getting my Serato cue points into it.

Maybe, 20% success. Better than nothing, but not great.
Mr Wilks 1:04 PM - 23 October, 2012
I think it's very "hit and miss" with some saying they get nothing and others saying success.

I think when I tried it it copied the library but no cue points, loops or crates.

Windows seems to work better from what the forums are saying, but it was my Windows machine that wouldn't work.

I never used the Audio 8 again really. I bought it to play with so I could have both Serato and Traktor but just kept Traktor. I think I may start experimenting with it now the remix decks are out.
I won't move but I may have a play.
nik39 1:19 PM - 23 October, 2012
I've got a beta build which can import your Traktor Library including loops+cues into a Serato library. If anyone wants to try it out, send me a PM. I won't have much time to support it though. But I'd like to know whether it works for you. I have done it a couple of times and it worked fine for me.
Rrocksteady 6:45 PM - 6 February, 2013
@nik39..i sent you a message..
rbeginnerBerlin 8:03 PM - 20 November, 2013
Is there an actual importer for Serato?
DJ Chuckie Chuck 9:45 AM - 13 September, 2014
a quick question: if i use SSL Database Importer, do i lose my Serato Cue points and crates ?
DjSyndic8 12:52 PM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
a quick question: if i use SSL Database Importer, do i lose my Serato Cue points and crates ?

no it should be written to the id3 tag
DJ Chuckie Chuck 3:21 PM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
[no it should be written to the id3 tag

Thanks bro