Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Twitter quartz file overlay

dj-dave-d 9:22 PM - 15 October, 2012
Hey guy's does anyone have a twitter .qtz overlay file for mix emergency with twitter feed at the top ? I've tried doing it myself in quartz composer but failed

Cheers, Dave :)
phil F 9:27 PM - 15 October, 2012
how do you want it edited mate ??? what # or @ etc
Joshua Carl 10:55 PM - 15 October, 2012
remixreport.com

theres a download link in the comments
dj-dave-d 2:02 AM - 16 October, 2012
hi joshua, i downloaded that composition the feed was still at the bottom :s

hey phil, it would be great if you could do it @OceanaSwansea thanks :)
dj-dave-d 2:43 AM - 16 October, 2012
cheers for your responses guy's, i've worked it out now, nick from inklen showed me. easy when you know how lol
popnwave 6:31 PM - 16 October, 2012
Yeah finding the right field and/or dial to tweak in the composer makes it cake!
djianl 11:28 PM - 17 October, 2012
Where the hell do I get quartz composer from or find it on mountain lion?!
DJDaveOtt 7:55 AM - 18 October, 2012
Dave, email me at DJDaveOtt@yahoo.com. Include ur twitter handle and I'll send you the file you need
DJDaveOtt 8:00 AM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:

Developer > Applications then open Quartz Composer

If it's not there, you need to install it
bboysupafly 7:29 PM - 18 October, 2012
Here's the 2nd version of the twitter feed

Youtube Video:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Download:
www.facebook.com
DJDaveOtt 7:34 PM - 18 October, 2012
check inklen's forum for the one I did with 2 logos and the old twitter feed. I like the new one...maybe I'll make one with 2 logo slots if anyone wants it
popnwave 8:35 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:
Here's the 2nd version of the twitter feed

Youtube Video:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Download:
www.facebook.com

Checking yours out...
djdaddydog 6:25 AM - 19 October, 2012
looks sick dave
phil F 2:55 PM - 19 October, 2012
wicked, just edited this for my own use. looks good. Thanks :)
Dj Nyce 4:15 PM - 19 October, 2012
nice work the both of yous
DJDaveOtt 5:27 AM - 22 October, 2012
Thanks guys.

I've had quite a few people email and message me with questions about the quartz file so I'm gonna make a tutorial on the basics of using quartz in MixEmergency and how to change the functions of the quartz file using QC. I'll post a link on this thread..give me a day or 2.
www.ganzi.co.uk 7:20 AM - 22 October, 2012
I look forward to it DJ Dave
phil F 5:19 PM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:
Thanks guys.

I've had quite a few people email and message me with questions about the quartz file so I'm gonna make a tutorial on the basics of using quartz in MixEmergency and how to change the functions of the quartz file using QC. I'll post a link on this thread..give me a day or 2.

+1 :)
SeriousCyrus 9:40 PM - 22 October, 2012
If you have some good tips for qc, you could help me with this thread: serato.com

We need more resources for qc, it's got so much potential for djs. i've run dry for now, gone deeper than the basics and it's hard to summarize.

Serato should really look to ME for the potential, custom overlays, transitions, effects and continuous play, you can do anything with your visuals.

unbelievable what you can tap into, working on a few things and it's coming together slowly but surely.
phil F 12:52 AM - 23 October, 2012
i think the next thing VSL should include is the Qtz overlay on the main output like ME.
bboysupafly 10:53 PM - 23 October, 2012
VJ Xplicit has the facebook feed working with mixemergency but you need to give him a $30 donation to download the file.

I'd like to test it out before giving him a donation. (just my opinion)

site:
www.vjxplicit.com
dj-dave-d 11:22 PM - 23 October, 2012
can't get the link to work :/
VJXPLICIT 3:06 AM - 24 October, 2012
hey,

thanks @bboysupafly for posting my link here. I know there is probably a lot wondering why its $30 just to allow something that is for free. And yes I would love to make it free just like I made the twitter quartz for free however the facebook api doesnt come standard with a rss output so I had to create one. So the $30 is to help me cover the cost of a server and to help keep this store maintained and updated.

Even I think its a little steep, if and when I can make it cheaper I will. but for now that is what is required to keep this running with the amount of users using it. next year it may only be like $10-15.

Also the quartz i made is free for anyone to download. Its the datafeed you pay for and you would need to edit my quartz file to get this working. There are free websites out there that provide the same thing but I found that they went down quite a lot and it was because of the quartz. PM me on facebook if you want details about these also we are out of free beta but I guess I could work out a free hour testing session with people if they are that worried it dont work :)

@dj-dave-d - website should be back up now. had to adjust things slightly for amount of traffice I had this morning.
djianl 2:19 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I don't have a developer folder :-(
Where can I download it from?
SeriousCyrus 2:50 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't have a developer folder :-(
Where can I download it from?

You have to get an Apple developer account (free unless you want to publish apps)

developer.apple.com

Then download from the app store:

developer.apple.com
VJXPLICIT 2:04 AM - 30 October, 2012
If you have uploaded to latest ios then you can find xcode in app store now rather than having to go thru all that.
DJDaveOtt 8:28 AM - 7 March, 2013
I got my first "Fuck You" on the twitter feed...knew it would happen sooner or later. Now I need to figure out how to filter bad words. Anyone have any info on this? I posted on inklen forum also. Thanks in advance
Code:E 1:08 AM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
I got my first "Fuck You" on the twitter feed...knew it would happen sooner or later. Now I need to figure out how to filter bad words. Anyone have any info on this? I posted on inklen forum also. Thanks in advance

I have also wanted to know this for a very long time. I haven't found anybody able to do it inside the qtz twitter file. But i have found services that let you do this but they are all stand alone applications.
bboysupafly 3:53 AM - 8 March, 2013
Change the hashtag # into your @ username

For example, I use @djsupafly
When someone tweets something inappropriate I go into twitter and block their account.

This will prevent their tweets showing in your feed.
Code:E 4:01 AM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:

When someone tweets something inappropriate I go into twitter and block their account.

Good idea. But sometimes that person might be a drunk fan who you wouldn't mind keeping around. just not tonight.

Is there a way to get the qtz file to look for a #hashtag, but not to show it on screen, only you would know the correct #hashtag to push tweet to screen, and you would retweet only the tweets you want seen with the correct #hashtag.
djnak 4:22 AM - 8 March, 2013
just play the shitty song that wasnt appropriate at the time...the dancefloor would have gone crazy and they wouldn't be cussing at you.....
DJDaveOtt 12:20 PM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
just play the shitty song that wasnt appropriate at the time...the dancefloor would have gone crazy and they wouldn't be cussing at you.....

Yeah, I wish it was that simple...this person wasn't even there, is a hater and not even allowed in the place lol

Quote:

From what I understand, this won't work because the twitter feed is RSS and searches twitter itself for any mentions regardless of # or @. It doesn't pull tweets from your account. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am thinking there has got to be a way to put a list of undesirable words into a text file that is cross checked before it's sent to the screens...
popnwave 1:17 PM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:

From what I understand, this won't work because the twitter feed is RSS and searches twitter itself for any mentions regardless of # or @. It doesn't pull tweets from your account. Correct me if I am wrong.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this, blocking a person does nothing, the QTZ works by using a public search. Unless you have magical abilities to block them from all of twitter, the asshats will make it through.
DJDaveOtt 2:11 PM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this, blocking a person does nothing, the QTZ works by using a public search. Unless you have magical abilities to block them from all of twitter, the asshats will make it through.

That's what I thought...so where do we go from here?
SeriousCyrus 2:14 PM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
I am thinking there has got to be a way to put a list of undesirable words into a text file that is cross checked before it's sent to the screens...

Pretty sure this could be done fairly easily, first thing that comes to mind, a javascript to check the contents of a tweet against a stored array would be easy to write.
Dj Nyce 3:19 PM - 8 March, 2013
yeah it will have to be javascript patch or a custom one using xcode and the quartz composer framework.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:39 PM - 8 March, 2013
These guys ( www.pangolinsms.com ) have made a plugin for VDJ which I use and it can filter out any cuss word or words you think are inappropriate. Now this is a text to screen application but maybe if there's enough support here they could come up with something.
Joshua Carl 11:29 PM - 8 March, 2013
There is a 2nd twitter feed floating about, the rumor was that they wanted to sell it... so you probably dont see too many people with it.

its not 100% fool proof... sometimes words slip by, and also if someone has done it before, is trying to be funny they know just to add a letter...

"This Fukcing dj can sukk his own penas"

good luck blocking that
DJMark 12:03 AM - 9 March, 2013
I guess I'm not quite understanding why a Twitter overlay is something you'd want to have on the screens...for all the reasons already mentioned and because to me that kind of thing looks super tacky.
popnwave 5:57 PM - 9 March, 2013
Quote:
I guess I'm not quite understanding why a Twitter overlay is something you'd want to have on the screens...for all the reasons already mentioned and because to me that kind of thing looks super tacky.

It was pretty fun when I used it. Lots of birthday shout outs and people kept it positive (a lot of "oh man that girl on the podium is RATCHET" lol). I think the crowd def dictates if I would want to use it or not. If I have to babysit it, it's too much work at that point.
Joshua Carl 2:32 PM - 10 March, 2013
Like anything in the game, you have to use it at the right spot at the right time.

It's like rolling to spin the Rick Ross after party with novelty sunglasses and glows sticks.

You don't bring a knife to a gunfight
DJCrank 6:44 PM - 10 March, 2013
Where can I find a Facebook feed? Willing to pay for one that works!
Dj Nyce 6:01 PM - 13 June, 2013
if you don't know twitter deaded the v1.0 api and all twitter overlays are doa. the qtz's would need to be updated to use v.1.1.

so i've been reading the v1.1 api and see a few challenges for the twitter overlay.

-json - stream only supports json. i'm doing some testing trying to see how to make that work with quartz composer
-Application-user authentication - applications have to authenticate on the user's behalf. so most likely you will have to supply your username/password in the qtz. testing so far basic auth (username/password) is not working. oauth is working tho.
-one api per application - the different versions of the overlay (xplicit's, nicks, etc) have to have a unique key.
-Display Requirements - i don't see how twitter can enforce this, but they have display requirements for displaying a tweet.
Joshua Carl 6:35 PM - 13 June, 2013
Yeah, it's a clusterfuck at the moment..
Joshua Carl 6:52 PM - 13 June, 2013
Code:E 8:07 PM - 13 June, 2013
oh my this looks crazy? I assume someone will let us know when this is all up and working again?
GRiNDBoX 6:35 AM - 15 June, 2013
so its all dead by now....:(
Dokumentary 12:15 AM - 18 June, 2013
I just made a new layout for the Twitter feed and it works great! (Thanks to DJFunkyT) I'll make some more with different layouts. serato.com
GRiNDBoX 5:56 PM - 20 June, 2013
Quote:
I just made a new layout for the Twitter feed and it works great! (Thanks to DJFunkyT) I'll make some more with different layouts. serato.com

will try edit this one later...thanks
DJCrank 7:37 PM - 11 January, 2015
Anyone know where I can get or purchase a updated Twitter, Instagram or Facebook qtz feed or all of them. Running Serato 1.6 and Mix Emergency 2.7(I think)
DJDVaughan 12:51 AM - 12 January, 2015
Quote:
Anyone know where I can get or purchase a updated Twitter, Instagram or Facebook qtz feed or all of them. Running Serato 1.6 and Mix Emergency 2.7(I think)

@DJCrank - Just did a quick Google search for "live instagram feed for djs" and found www.flyboost.com. From what I gathered from reading their blog, it looks like they have beta testers and are about to launch soon, if they haven't already.

Glad you bumped this thread because I've been looking for something like this too. Can't wait to give Flyboost a try! : )
DJ DisGrace 4:19 AM - 12 January, 2015
There is definitely demand for custom overlays like this. Surprised there aren't more resources. Back in the day I would have put in the time to make my own, but I just don't have the time these days. If I could go somewhere and fill in a template and pay for a custom overlay, I would be all over it.
DJCrank 5:09 AM - 12 January, 2015
VJ Babylove made me one about 2 years ago but it only lasted about 6 months before they updated or changed the program. The only thing that still works is the qtz file I have that plays pictures from a folder as a slide show. Would love for the live feed to work.
Joshua Carl 9:20 PM - 12 January, 2015
There MIGHT be something coming down the pipe... :-)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:37 PM - 12 January, 2015
Maybe we all should bomb Pangolin and iWall with emails asking for a plugin so we don't have to go through all this half assed stuff.

I know and use both with VDJ on the PC side and Alls I do is tell the plugin where I want what to display.

IWall shows pictures and supports all major social media networks (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) plus I get the text2screen.

All this qtz stuff is great for you guys that know how to build them but for people like I don't have a clue and really can't be dependent on someone to build it for me cause people always don't have the time.

Either way I think we as a small army should send email after email until someone picks up on this. And if you do send an email make sure you ask for it to be Mac friendly 👌
Jason Cruz 6:23 PM - 3 March, 2015
@DJDVaughan @DJCrank

Instagram and Twitter Feed for ME is Here. I've been beta testing for Flyboost and their new Quartz Social Feed is awesome. Language filters • Quarantine your in coming stream so you can approve the post before it goes live and so much more. Check out Flyboost's website.

Easy to setup. Zero Quartz file editing. It just works
www.flyboost.com

I've been using Flyboost since November.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:27 PM - 3 March, 2015
So are they giving you a cut or are you paying that high ass price as well 😳
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:19 PM - 3 March, 2015
Ya there is cheaper service and now offers Instagram Feed aswel as Facebook and Twitter.

www.vjxplicit.com
Code:E 9:21 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Ya there is cheaper service and now offers Instagram Feed aswel as Facebook and Twitter.

www.vjxplicit.com

Does it offer the "Language filters • Quarantine your in coming stream so you can approve the post before it goes live"
I 's serisulsy asking. I am going to get on one of these ASAP. I just dont know which one.

Really I need one where I can change the hashtag I'm tracking an unlimited amount of times, Change that tag instantly. and set how far back I want posts showing up from that tag.

What will do that for me?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:26 PM - 3 March, 2015
You can change the hashtag from the website then copy code into the wuartz in ME and set time to show last posts i.e the last 6hours.

It has a band word filter and block user. But you cant approve posts before going on screen.
Frankie Glasses 9:31 PM - 3 March, 2015
Flyboost can do 3 different tags at same time at $49mo. 10 of them @ $89mo
Xplicits is only 1 at a time although you can change when you want.
Code:E 9:42 PM - 3 March, 2015
I will need to change it weekly to line up with what ever them the night is. So being locked to any number wont work.
Code:E 9:42 PM - 3 March, 2015
Thanks for the info.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:53 PM - 3 March, 2015
but with Xplicits you can make copies and do more tags and save them to different slots in ME. but yes you can not have more than on tag running at same time.
Code:E 11:18 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
but with Xplicits you can make copies and do more tags and save them to different slots in ME. but yes you can not have more than on tag running at same time.

If its a quartz comp, then is there any reason I cant just dump it into Resolume and run it that way.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:26 AM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If its a quartz comp, then is there any reason I cant just dump it into Resolume and run it that way.

Maybe but i have never used Resolume, but still you can run two quartz at same time as they would be on top of eachother.

I am sure with there being two systems out now they will both up there game and we will see newer updates and features from both.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:26 PM - 4 March, 2015
Yes they do work in Resolume 👌
controversial 12:41 AM - 5 March, 2015
@code:E just holler @vjxplicit through twitter or on his site (i think he has his email there) he will help you set it up with resolume.
dj3lusive 4:22 PM - 31 March, 2015
check out fly boost!!! its the s### inbox me for promotional pricing. The guys over there hooked me up with some promocodes. Hurry!
dj3lusive 4:24 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
So are they giving you a cut or are you paying that high ass price as well 😳

its worth it! i am an avid user!
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:55 PM - 31 March, 2015
It's NOT worth it but i guess depends on the use. Lucky if i even get one person use it a week!! So no that money not worth it.
dj3lusive 4:57 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
It's NOT worth it but i guess depends on the use. Lucky if i even get one person use it a week!! So no that money not worth it.

guess its not for you :). I DJ at large venues 3k+ ppl in one night, many people use it :) even at concerts.

www.flyboost.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:07 PM - 31 March, 2015
True it's not for my customers. Great tool tho.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:38 PM - 8 April, 2015
Still not fully convinced on FlyBoost. It is super easy to setup and the blocking is great but I've been able to do this all except the blocking for free.

To a little longer to setup But I have both Instagram and Twitter feeds with hashtag support and I can edit words out.

I have till the beginning of next till my trial ends.......... Hmm what to do.....
popnwave 7:47 PM - 8 April, 2015
It's all about that ROI. I love the feature but unless you are using it at every gig and it earns you more money, a reoccurring fee just isn't worth it.
PopRoXxX 4:20 PM - 16 April, 2015
*Tax Write-off* lol
PopRoXxX 4:23 PM - 16 April, 2015
I used (and still have) Xplicit's feeds. Loved them since day one! He does great work BTW.

But since I play at Universal here in Orlando majority of the time, I jumped on FlyBoost's product for their amazing "bad words" list and the ability to either quarantine a post after it's gone up or quarantine all posts to be approved or denied before they even go up at all.

Thanks for the hookup dj3lusive
dj3lusive 6:28 PM - 17 May, 2015
Quote:
I used (and still have) Xplicit's feeds. Loved them since day one! He does great work BTW.

But since I play at Universal here in Orlando majority of the time, I jumped on FlyBoost's product for their amazing "bad words" list and the ability to either quarantine a post after it's gone up or quarantine all posts to be approved or denied before they even go up at all.

Thanks for the hookup dj3lusive

youre welcome bro!
Julio Sierra 9:41 PM - 5 January, 2016
Hi!

been reading the posts about the Flyboost program and Xplicit's quartz. Any recommendations? Flyboost webpage is vague but also limited. Can only pull feeds form Instagram and Twitter. Saw that Xplicit's quartz and pull the same feeds and also can pull from facebook. However, went on his web page and offers no info.

Was looking to start using but not sure where to go or what to use.

Any help is appreciated!!!! Thanks..
dj3lusive 9:45 PM - 5 January, 2016
Quote:
Hi!

been reading the posts about the Flyboost program and Xplicit's quartz. Any recommendations? Flyboost webpage is vague but also limited. Can only pull feeds form Instagram and Twitter. Saw that Xplicit's quartz and pull the same feeds and also can pull from facebook. However, went on his web page and offers no info.

Was looking to start using but not sure where to go or what to use.

Any help is appreciated!!!! Thanks..

You can try out flyboost just use the code ELUSIVE at check out it will give you the high end plan at a discount . Nick and his team are very helpful! You can cancel if you do not like it.
Julio Sierra 2:54 PM - 6 January, 2016
Thanks Dj3lusive for your feedback!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:09 PM - 6 January, 2016
Xplicit seems to of abbanded his project he was re branding and relaunching in September 2015

Nothing has happened since and he's not taking on new users.

I think for people already using it it's still working for them.
controversial 3:19 PM - 6 January, 2016
Im a customer of Xplicit he's site and support still work, I believe he is working on something new to incorporate to his service. I can tell you as a customer I never had an issue.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:41 PM - 6 January, 2016
Quote:
Im a customer of Xplicit he's site and support still work, I believe he is working on something new to incorporate to his service. I can tell you as a customer I never had an issue.

For exsisting customers yes. But there is no sign up for new and his site said September 2015.

But maybe if you message him direct he will sort something for you.
www.ganzi.co.uk 6:11 PM - 6 January, 2016
Xplicits new site is www.mingling.tv
Code:E 6:23 PM - 6 January, 2016
I have been trying to get added as a new customer for over a year. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting to be added as a new customer.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:36 PM - 6 January, 2016
Quote:
Xplicits new site is www.mingling.tv

i guess he finnaly got there with it then as everytime i checked that site just said coming September 2015 haha.
www.ganzi.co.uk 6:45 PM - 6 January, 2016
i was like you but stumbled it yesterday
Code:E 7:35 PM - 6 January, 2016
I just check out that new site. Looks cool. But still mac only which sucks. I'm on mac which is fine but I need PC support for installs. I have Resolume installed at my club and want social feeds on that computer.
www.ganzi.co.uk 7:37 PM - 6 January, 2016
:-( sorry
VJXPLICIT 7:47 PM - 6 January, 2016
Hey Everyone,

Defiantly have not abandoned my projects. My xplicit website yes have stopped accepting new users only due to the fact it is very buggy for new users and sometimes cannot get it working. but if you PM me we can try get you sorted until my new site is launched.

In regards to my new site, this is nearly ready to go i just finishing off a few last things to do with subscriptions. I was meant to launch last Sept but came into a very busy period at work and was unable to work on this for a bit. But rest assured it is VERY close now.

@Code:E PC is very hard to provide something for, only because they dont really have anything to build it off that can run it. I am working on something that may work on PC but this isnt completed yet and isnt working to well.
Code:E 7:54 PM - 6 January, 2016
Thank you for the response :)
Dj Nyce 2:23 PM - 11 January, 2016
if you have your own website you can run your own twitter feed. there is a php library that integrates with twitter. you plug that url into a qtz and voila feed. that's how i have mine.
Culprit 7:03 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
if you have your own website you can run your own twitter feed. there is a php library that integrates with twitter. you plug that url into a qtz and voila feed. that's how i have mine.

woh! great idea!!
i am Dj fLiP 6:17 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:

mind, giving us the steps on how you did yours?
this would make everything so much easier!