Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

No Sound on a left deck VCI-380

Kunststoff 11:43 AM - 7 October, 2012
Hi , it`s really looks like a hardware fault , but first of all description

during preparing a crates for a gig , suddenly without any reason there was no sound on a left channel.

i mean there is a sound i can hear in a headphones , and i can control platters but nothing on VU-Meters and 100% silence on a master ... even if i use an external input (mixer mode) still nothing..

Right Channel - no problem

I tried : reinstall a drivers , Itch version vor vci-380 only , any other suggestion ?

Serato tech : should i contact Vestax ? or it`s Itch ?
DJSP1KE 5:39 PM - 7 October, 2012
Try wiggling chanel fader , mine did exactly the same ,

Or grab the button/knob and lift it up ,
DJSP1KE 5:39 PM - 7 October, 2012
Had a replacement sent in the end , workz perfect again
Kunststoff 6:19 PM - 7 October, 2012
Sorry ? grab and lft ??? Can you describe a steps for me ?

I`m not sure but it seems like i don`t have a warranty or it will be really dificult to get one ....

I`ve bought my 380 @ ebay , from a private in England , but i live in Germany ...

Which means ... for fixing fader i have to send my vci back to england to a seller ... he ships it to a dealer and ... and ... someday i gonna get it back

At least that sort of problems i`ve got with my old unit (vci 300) faulty platter and i could not send it to Vestax (workshop) direct but i had to send it back to seller (musicstore) first
DJSP1KE 9:25 PM - 7 October, 2012
yeah mine went near the top of its travel , just grab the knob and lift it away from the unit , like your trying to remove the knob

if i put abit of weight or pressure on mine it would cut the sound , so i had to jiggle it about or lift the knob

i have a spare right but not left or i would have helped you , as they sent a replacement set , my left went aswell

just have a general play with the fader mate , wiggle lift move about , just see if any sound comes back on , if it does you no its that
Marcia 12:54 AM - 11 November, 2012
I had this EXACT same problem last night. In front of a packed house, the audio suddenly cut out. I ended up having to mix with just the right deck and CDJs :( Jiggling the knob might work, but I feel like even if it does, the audio might unexpectedly cut out again.
Kunststoff 10:06 AM - 11 November, 2012
What i figured out is a fact that a first series of VCI 380 came out to the market with a weak input faders (like mine 06.2012)

I just borrowed an input fader from a friend - and everything worked again.

There is a replacement kit available from Vestax , they sends it for free , but since 2 weeks i wait for mine from VESTAX.UK and nobody replies on my emails ....

Shame on you Vestax...
Dj. Havik 4:20 PM - 20 July, 2014
Just wondering is there any update on this mine is doing the same thing. I read other peoples post saying that the serial starting with 124 but mine starts with 125. I know this post is 2 years old. Thanks