Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer's DDJ SX vs. Numark's NS6

Dj Ricky Redz 5:51 AM - 7 October, 2012
Is it just me or does the pioneer ddj sx looks a lot like the numark ns6? Imo pioneer seems to be following here and no longer leading..... Wonder what gear would be numark's answer.....
antlover 12:05 PM - 7 October, 2012
Definitely it is! A developed version of NS6! I have the NS6 and from the hardware side I'm happy with the product. When Serato DJ is open for Midi mapping, I will buy an additional controller for effects. Thats enough for me.
SkyJ 2:37 PM - 7 October, 2012
It certainly does to me to very similar in every way what bothers my is the software i use ITCH & LIVE wonder if i will be able to still use ITCH or if i would have to upgrade to the Serato DJ software which worries me in case i don't like Serato DJ i much prefer to use ITCH or Live.
How much has changed with the new software does anyone know?
DJ dVO 2:56 PM - 7 October, 2012
I was at a local music store yesterday hoping to test out the VCI-380 but it was not available so I looked at the NS6. Wow. Although it was my second time testing out the NS6, this time I paid more attention to the details. Of all the available controllers( VSM4, MC-6000, S1, VCI-400,etc) next to it, none could match in build quality! Coming from the NS7, I felt at peace with how solid the knobs are on the NS6. Not a big fan of plastic buttons though. However, the overall layout isn't as crammed as the other controllers. The metal plate and casing should be made standard on all controllers!!! :)

The SX looks crammed in comparison. I hope the knobs and buttons are as solid as the NS6. But in terms of functionalities, the SX is packed with quite a punch though! Too big for my liking as I am looking for portability. Years of lugging the NS7 around is getting to me. :(

What I really hope Numark to come out atop all is a motorized platter controller the size of the NS6 or smaller. With today's technology, it is possible. At the same time release a new V7 with a bigger 9" platter without increasing the actual external dimensions. That will win over a lot of DJs out there!
DJ dVO 3:03 PM - 7 October, 2012
Quote:
It certainly does to me to very similar in every way what bothers my is the software i use ITCH & LIVE wonder if i will be able to still use ITCH or if i would have to upgrade to the Serato DJ software which worries me in case i don't like Serato DJ i much prefer to use ITCH or Live.
How much has changed with the new software does anyone know?

If you like the way it is, you shouldn't upgrade. Just saying.....

From the PR info I don't suspect it to be a great deviation from ITCH. If anything, it will be an improved GUI. Everyone knows the color waveforms is a trademark so it will always be with whatever release. It's a question of how big these waveforms or how smooth they scroll, etc. I think the change s for the better.
Ragman 5:07 PM - 7 October, 2012
+1
Kmxorbit 7:11 PM - 7 October, 2012
Quote:
Coming from the NS7, I felt at peace with how solid the knobs are on the NS6.

My experience is that the buttons break easily. I treat my machinery quite gentle, and even then some of the hot cue buttons broke.

When it comes to buttons, the Ns7 isn't bad at all. The Ns6 has a nice feel, but the build quality is just to fragile.
My V7's however can even handle a hammer. they just don't break or fail at all...
But everybody on this forum knows already that the V7 is a rock solid tank.
Manny C dot com 8:26 PM - 7 October, 2012
Split cue is a deal-breaker for me.

No split cue = NO SALE
djemdub 9:22 AM - 8 October, 2012
Ive had my ns6 for 10 months and it performs very well..scratching is the greatest that I've tried with jogs!I really hope Serato dj gives the same when it comes to scratching.as for the cue buttons, I've never had a problem with them
DJ DU 9:16 PM - 14 October, 2012
I had a chance to feel it up close at BPM. It is more solid then the NS6 or VCI 380. It feels like a pro piece of gear. Being an owner of Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus and 2 Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus, 2 CDJ 900's, an NS6 and an Allen & Heath DB4 I feel like must get the Pioneer SX. Haven't seen the software yet so that will be the selling point for me.
DJ Xio 9:26 PM - 14 October, 2012
Quote:
I had a chance to feel it up close at BPM. It is more solid then the NS6 or VCI 380. It feels like a pro piece of gear. Being an owner of Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus and 2 Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus, 2 CDJ 900's, an NS6 and an Allen & Heath DB4 I feel like must get the Pioneer SX. Haven't seen the software yet so that will be the selling point for me.

Glad to hear...

Pioneer is aiming to make the DDJ-SX the new standard in the DJ Controller realm.

They already said they will have videos coming out with big named DJs using the DDJ-SX so I'm pretty sure Pioneer will succeed.

It's a pro piece of gear by Pioneer with an incredible price!!!

Game Over!
Ragman 2:09 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
[..]
Game Over!

Doubt it. Everyone will evolve and step their game up. This new Serato DJ just means new controllers from all the major DJ companies. Let's just see what else comes out before crowning a winner.
DJ Toney 6:02 PM - 22 October, 2012
The jury is still out on this one. I've had the VCI 300 and NS6 from the time they were drop. I'm yet to see any other controller as well built as the NS6. Gentlemen reserved your judgment !!!!!
Ragman 2:45 AM - 23 October, 2012
NS7/V7 is a better build then the NS6. ;-) Pots are better.
SG SOUNDS 3:36 AM - 24 October, 2012
Does anybody knows the actual size of the ddj sx? is it bigger than the ns6?
signs 11:41 AM - 24 October, 2012
NS6:
603 x 340 x 64mm

DDJ-SX:
664 x 357 x 70,4mm

So yes. It's a bit bigger
DJ Toney 3:41 PM - 24 October, 2012
Size matters ! Anything bigger than the NS6 thus begin to defeat the purpose of being portable. I carry my NS6 in a flight case and that's as big i'm willing to go . With the new Serato DJ, they are going to be many more controllers coming out on the market. The NS6 is gonna be the stander they all are gonna be measured by in terms of size and quality. What do you guys think ? It's only my take !!!!!!!!!
DJ dVO 5:08 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Size matters ! Anything bigger than the NS6 thus begin to defeat the purpose of being portable. I carry my NS6 in a flight case and that's as big i'm willing to go . With the new Serato DJ, they are going to be many more controllers coming out on the market. The NS6 is gonna be the stander they all are gonna be measured by in terms of size and quality. What do you guys think ? It's only my take !!!!!!!!!

I have to agree. But even with the NS6, I still find it's a tad big and heavy to carry around. After having lugged the NS7 + flight case every where, I now look for extreme portability but without compromising functionalities and reliability! Hence, I've chosen the VCI-380 over the NS6. I want to have the ability to carry everything in my bag.

But I do admire the I/O of the Pioneer DDJ-SX though. XLRs, TS booth, and RCA outs and two Mic INs with choice of TS and XLRs with three band EQs? That's just gem! I could live with a slightly wider VCI-380 with these I/Os though!
VinnyBlanc 6:17 PM - 24 October, 2012
Throwing the NS6 in the Numark Controller backpack with the decksaver on and walking out the door...I'm gonna miss that.

I hope they make a similar style bag for the DDJ-SX or I am going to just pick up the Odyssey digital2xl bag.

I have a good feeling that the DDJ-SX might be able to cram in the numark bag and also cut away a small amount of foam to have it fit the odyssey FZGSNS6BL case.
signs 7:07 PM - 24 October, 2012
UDGGear told me that the DDJ-SX fits into the "UDG Pioneer DDJ S1/T1 Midi Controller Backpack".

Quote:
We thank you for your interest in UDGGEAR. The Pioneer DDJ-SX can surely fit into the UDG Pioneer DDJ S1/T1 Midi Controller Backpack. The extra 7mm height will be cushioned by the foam padding inside.
Ragman 2:54 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:

I don't know I think portable is a matter of opinion. Hell from the stuff I use to haul as a mobile DJ back in early 2000s, the NS7 is very portable. Of course I like my unit to have a little girth to it (no pun intended). :-)
Fox Blood 10:46 AM - 25 October, 2012
What does NS6 do that DDJ-SX doesn't and vice versa?

For a portable four deck/channel controller, the NS6 being more compact than the DDJ-SX is most obvious advantage the NS6 has (and split cue), but other than that, what else does the NS6 do that the DDJ-SX doesn't, and vice versa?
DJ dVO 4:20 PM - 25 October, 2012
^ pads
Fox Blood 9:53 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
^ pads

Thank you, but do the DDJ-SX's pads do anything that all of the NS6's loop control and cue buttons don't do?
phatbob 11:36 PM - 25 October, 2012
Slicer.
Fox Blood 12:48 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Slicer.

Don't think I'd ever use slicer, but couldn't that be mapped separately with NS6 if mind changed?
Ragman 12:50 AM - 26 October, 2012
Nope NS6 does not have the slicer feature (sadly) .
Fox Blood 12:56 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Nope NS6 does not have the slicer feature (sadly) .

Right, but when it becomes Serato DJ approved, can slicer be mapped to run along with NS6 on auxiliary MIDI device?
VinnyBlanc 1:02 AM - 26 October, 2012
Slicer can not be mapped
Fox Blood 1:10 AM - 26 October, 2012
Thank you.
DJ dVO 1:28 AM - 26 October, 2012
The NS6 will fall so behind once Serato DJ is out and is compatible because of the lack of these (slicer, roll, and pads) hardware functionalities. The two other hardwares that can fully benefit DJ in terms of functionalities are the VCI-380 & 400.
Fox Blood 1:39 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
The NS6 will fall so behind once Serato DJ is out and is compatible because of the lack of these (slicer, roll, and pads) hardware functionalities.

I think this applies only to those who have need for those features.
DJ dVO 1:59 AM - 26 October, 2012
^ I know, and that's why I am so happy with my heavy weight NS7FX! :) But my soon to arrive VCI-380 will fill the gaps. Can't wait.
Raag 10:43 PM - 30 October, 2012
I personally really like the "Skip" feature on the NS6. Does anyone know if DDJ SX will have the Skip feature as well?
PatrickFehr 3:20 AM - 7 November, 2012
from what i know you can get the slicer if you buy the novation twitch theres a guide on youtube how one guy got them both to work on one laptop and itch.
Ragman 7:59 PM - 8 November, 2012
I know you can put an InnoFader in the NS7, but do anyone know if you can put it in the SX?
If so that would be extra frosting.
Ragman 8:03 PM - 8 November, 2012
Disregard. I don't think it's possible. But knowing Elliot Marx he'll jump on it with the quickness.
djemdub 9:27 PM - 13 November, 2012
Quote:
The NS6 will fall so behind once Serato DJ is out and is compatible because of the lack of these (slicer, roll, and pads) hardware functionalities. The two other hardwares that can fully benefit DJ in terms of functionalities are the VCI-380 & 400.

Ns6 has loop roll
JWS 1:19 AM - 16 November, 2012
The main question that I have now is simply....what controller do you think will best to control the SP-6 decks in Serato?

I have been considering the following:

1.) Midi Fighter (Classic or 3D)

2.) Akai LPD-8

Are there any others that I should be looking at? I know that at some show Numark had an alpha build of what was basically the LPD-8 with a few tweaks that they called the NSP-6 but I haven't heard much about it since.

I'm an Itch user that can't wait to upgrade to DJ because of the Izotope effects and the ability to finally map the damn sample decks in a non-hacker type of way.
phatbob 1:59 AM - 16 November, 2012
That Numark thing was 100% an LPD8. Just different graphics and turned sideways... ;-)

I have MidiFighters and an LPD8.

The LPD8 is great value, pretty solid. Much better for the money than the Korg equivalent, which I had and broke in no time.

The Vestax Pad One is a good bit of kit too, more sturdy than the LPD but a bit pricier.

Either of those will serve you well if you want pads...

But the MidiFighters are something special. Arcade buttons are AWESOME for hammering away at samples. I love my two to death. Just buttons, nothing else. If you want different controls, look elsewhere. But oh, those buttons!

The Midi Fighter Classics are cheap at the moment, too. They're being phased out so you can pick them up for $125 if you're quick.
phatbob 2:01 AM - 16 November, 2012
Actually, scrub that. They're sold out. :-(

I'm sure they'll be dropping a new version soon.

I would recommend the 3D, a friend of mine just got a pair and they rock hard, but without midi out in Serato software you'd be paying extra for a lot of features you'll never use.
djemdub 9:29 AM - 20 November, 2012
so there's no midi out in serato dj?
so if I were to get a Traktor Kontrol F1, the lights wouldn't light up?
or would they light up just because its getting power via usb and never give light(visual) feedback?
phatbob 10:33 AM - 20 November, 2012
The NI control editor for the X1 lets you set the LED's to a default state, so I'd imagine it would be the same for the F1 but you'll have to investigate that.
Cornell rush 4:57 AM - 10 January, 2013
Will serato dj work with da mixdeck
Ragman 7:58 AM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
Will serato dj work with da mixdeck

No > serato.com
Versus Prod 12:44 PM - 4 March, 2013
I think the NS6 is a good piece of equipment. it is pretty durable too and I have put that to the test many times. I would definitely recommend the Odyssey case though. you never know when a table might collapse on you (speaking from exp).

on another note, I think the Pioneer would be an awesome piece of equipment to upgrade to. Should you have a choice, I would buy pioneer because they are pretty much the same price and pioneer has the sample pads.

Does anyone know how to use sample pads from a midi pad while in itch for NS6? I know you can open another program and use a different MIDI controller to do this but I was curious if the SP-6 in Itch could do it with the MIDI controller. Curious if there is a way to link the two so I dont have to use 2 programs at once.

Thanks
phatbob 3:51 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
Does anyone know how to use sample pads from a midi pad while in itch for NS6? I know you can open another program and use a different MIDI controller to do this but I was curious if the SP-6 in Itch could do it with the MIDI controller. Curious if there is a way to link the two so I dont have to use 2 programs at once.

Thanks

Has the Serato DJ upgrade passed you by, somehow?
djemdub 6:05 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Good one.its not possible in Itch but its possible in Serato DJ which the ns6 just received its upgrade last week
DJ Mike Torres 1:54 PM - 20 March, 2013
Has anyone experienced mic input issues on the DDJ-SX? The issue is that there is static on the mic.

I heard that there is a hold on a new batch release until the issue has been corrected.

Anyone?
Thanks
DjjS 8:43 PM - 16 April, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Good one.its not possible in Itch but its possible in Serato DJ which the ns6 just received its upgrade last week

Great news. But how can we do it in terms of setting up and choosing the compatible pad for serato DJ?
DjjS 8:45 PM - 16 April, 2013
Quote:
Definitely it is! A developed version of NS6! I have the NS6 and from the hardware side I'm happy with the product. When Serato DJ is open for Midi mapping, I will buy an additional controller for effects. Thats enough for me.

What additional FX controllers are you talking about?
djemdub 8:51 AM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

you can use any midi controller. but it has to be mapped buttons to buttons, knobs to knobs.

i went and bought an akai lpd8 to assist my ns6 and youre able to map however you like.so i have nice pads too!lol
DJ LEO SABROSO 3:24 PM - 4 May, 2013
one thing to consider between the ns6 & ddj sx, if you was to get a freeze up using NS6 you could open itch or virtual dj drop a song without a pause.
question: could that be done on ddj sx? because of looks at it you could only use serato dj.
DjjS 1:03 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you can use any midi controller. but it has to be mapped buttons to buttons, knobs to knobs.

i went and bought an akai lpd8 to assist my ns6 and youre able to map however you like.so i have nice pads too!lol

How many pads total you can mapped on the lpd8?
s_a_gallant@hotmail.com 10:56 PM - 11 June, 2013
I downloaded a 14 day trail version of serato dj, and learned i could map my dicers to do what the pads on the pioneer ddj-sx does. so i orded the numark ns6, with the dicers midi mappable, why not save some money.. I will be able to do everything the ddj-sx can do
JDforKing 12:16 AM - 12 June, 2013
I just got my ddj sx today. I also have a ns6, and i must say that the ns6 sounds fuller. The main difference i see between the two is serato was built for the ddj sx. I've decided to use the ns6 for mobile gigs and the ddj sx for clubs and bars.
JDforKing 12:16 AM - 12 June, 2013
*serato dj
SG SOUNDS 12:27 PM - 13 June, 2013
Quote:
I just got my ddj sx today. I also have a ns6, and i must say that the ns6 sounds fuller. The main difference i see between the two is serato was built for the ddj sx. I've decided to use the ns6 for mobile gigs and the ddj sx for clubs and bars.

The ns6 sounds fuller? No way in hell!! Ever since i bought my ddj sx i laid my ns6 to rest...The sound quality of the pioneer is far superior to the ns6...It is one of the first things ive notice when i bought my ddj sx....I was a proud owner of the ns6 but the ddj sx is all i wanted the ns6 to be....
JDforKing 2:52 PM - 13 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

The ns6 sounds fuller? No way in hell!! Ever since i bought my ddj sx i laid my ns6 to rest...The sound quality of the pioneer is far superior to the ns6...It is one of the first things ive notice when i bought my ddj sx....I was a proud owner of the ns6 but the ddj sx is all i wanted the ns6 to be....

Thats my opinion. I have both and hooked them both up to the same speaker. Volume set at the same point in serato dj and that is the conclusion i've come to.
DjCity 7:09 PM - 14 June, 2013
The pioneer is louder but the Numark sounds fuller.

I own 2 ns6's and I have owned (past tense) the ddj sx.

The pioneer is louder. The pads are awesome. The jogs are both good and bad. The mic sucks ass.

The Numark sounds fuller, warmer. The jogs are great. The mic is great. No pads.

SDJ was not up to the job and the mic and other issues made the pioneer pretty much unusable for me.

I will stick to itch and my NS6 until something significant changes with SDJ. I am curious about the NS7 II.
I had an NS7 and LOVED it but it died and got repaved with the NS6.
JDforKing 12:06 AM - 15 June, 2013
Quote:
The pioneer is louder but the Numark sounds fuller.

I own 2 ns6's and I have owned (past tense) the ddj sx.

The pioneer is louder. The pads are awesome. The jogs are both good and bad. The mic sucks ass.

The Numark sounds fuller, warmer. The jogs are great. The mic is great. No pads.

SDJ was not up to the job and the mic and other issues made the pioneer pretty much unusable for me.

I will stick to itch and my NS6 until something significant changes with SDJ. I am curious about the NS7 II.
I had an NS7 and LOVED it but it died and got repaved with the NS6.

I agree
Christ beats I. 1:02 AM - 15 July, 2013
I have been looking at a new unit and like many wrestling with a few offers around the £500 mark. Also like many I have not been rocket blasted off my seat and moved from my supposedly out dated and improved upon vci 300 mk2. So I remain in my seat with my. 300 and itch. The scratching is as tight as ever and is a pleasure to use. I run the vfx unit if I want but I have to say most of my audience are not really swayed by such gimmicks as the content of the music itself is of more importance. Switching software is an option but again it boils down to effects. This summer sees SDJ mapped for the vci 300 and a possible same date release for the vfx units purpose. This now means I can use both itch and SDJ with this supposedly outdated unit aswell as utilise izotopes effects with the vfx giving me a very handy controller indeed. If I do get a new unit then after reading these comments of which if I may say was a pleasure I may consider the ns6 but to be honest. I am not eager. This little 300 is a pitbull and I am going to keep feeding it till it dies on me.
DJSI 12:44 AM - 19 November, 2013
Hi guys very cool thread as I am thinking of upgrading to the ddjsx but has anyone tried hooking up the ns6 with Pioneer DJ-SP1 Controller
with Performance Pads. Just thought you may get the best of both worlds or would it be better to just go and get the sx? I haven't yet touched a sx but it sure is getting some great reviews all over the place. But if I'm honest I didn't like pioneers last attempt at a midi controller the build quality was like that of a kids toy. My ns6 rocks in my opinion but I do know that the new ns7 mkll is making some waves on the seen. Was even thinking about the rmx1000 but not sure due to the lack of send/return features on all 3 units. Oh what to get next....
Dj C.E.S 3:38 AM - 10 January, 2014
I keep seeing people talking about tha Ns7fx that it's 2 heavy and all I'm saying is not really it's a tank yes a beast yes heavy ? 2 me it's just perfect without a doubt as 4 anything else without A moving platter it's just worth my money enough
Dj C.E.S 3:39 AM - 10 January, 2014
Enough said
Christ beats I. 12:44 PM - 10 January, 2014
Not my choice for mobile party neither the SX or the NS7. The Denon MC range or Vestax VCI range....much more suitable for mobile hands down.
Dj C.E.S 5:54 PM - 10 January, 2014
So which one is it Christ beats or do you have both ?
Dj C.E.S 6:06 PM - 10 January, 2014
Just Googled both tha denom mc and tha vestex vci and I gotta admit I aways hear good things about both but mainly tha vestexs but for me I will stay with tha NS7FX till I get tha NS7 2 cause it's just a Monster perfect size and weight those other tables R 2 small and look like toys compared 2 tha NS7FX And NS7 2
Christ beats I. 6:40 PM - 10 January, 2014
To be honest I would not complain on playing a couple of hours on most controllers today. I don't believe there is much difference in quality once you start going over £500...just artistic preferences. I am still happy with my little old Vestax 300 mk2. The only change I may consider for the future over the 300 is for yhe sake of the effect section being incorporated into one unit so again it is a matter of convenience here. I still when thinking about am not really decided on which controller I would go for after the 300 mk2. But there are really only the 2 brands in the running for me through convenience. Artistically speaking I am drawn to the VCI 380 but I have a grip as the pads are fixed and non replaceable and so the whole controller subject to the quality and longevity of the pads which are going to be used quite alot. So the stability of the Denon forwards here and would get the vote for a good all round long lasting controller. So at the moment undecided but nevertheless not to fussed as the 300mk2 works both itch snd SDJ really well. Cheers brothers.
Dj C.E.S 6:44 PM - 10 January, 2014
Already
D.Brown that DJ 10:52 PM - 10 March, 2014
What's up my fellow Disc Jockeyians!

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in on this topic. I am a proud user of the NS6 with absolutely no complaints what so ever. However I have recently had the opportunity to perform with the DDJ SX and was very very impressed by it! The biggest difference between the two controllers are the pro pads, and the convenience of your drops and samples being easier and quicker to access. Jog Wheels felt pretty good. I don't wanna say not as good cause I'm just use to the NS6. The knobs and buttons feel and look a little better on the DDJ SX.
And you can customize the SX ( if that kind thing matters) . Outside of cosmetics and what difference the software adds they are pretty much the same!
That said, I'm upgrading to the SX soon!
Dj C.E.S 11:27 PM - 10 March, 2014
2 D.Brown that Dj I just wanted 2 add to this subject and my thoughts where tha same about the DDJ SX until I found this review

Watchwww.youtube.com

Then it Changed for me but than again that might just be me and my preferences 2 the controller scene but you should check it out before you upgrade it might make you see things differently
D.Brown that DJ 11:55 PM - 10 March, 2014
Quote:
2 D.Brown that Dj I just wanted 2 add to this subject and my thoughts where tha same about the DDJ SX until I found this review

Watchwww.youtube.com

Then it Changed for me but than again that might just be me and my preferences 2 the controller scene but you should check it out before you upgrade it might make you see things differently
D.Brown that DJ 12:03 AM - 11 March, 2014
Hey Dj C.E.S.

Yeah I saw that video awhile ago. Be advised the NS7 and NS7 II are in a class by themselves. I don't even believe Pioneer intended on reaching those user with the SX. Maybe with the SZ that they just dropped, which is bigger and may have a stronger amp. I know you can run 2 laptops on the SZ. But the SX was only aimed at the NS6 and other controllers in that class.
Dj C.E.S 12:09 AM - 11 March, 2014
Understood
Christ beats I. 5:56 AM - 11 March, 2014
NS6 2 Serato DJ.
Felonyruckus 12:42 PM - 29 March, 2014
I have the NS6 and the DDJ SX and between the 2 I would pick the DDJ SX all day, every day. The NS6 isn't a bad piece at all I just prefer the DDJ SX and that is why I'm going to sell the NS6.

I own the NS7FX and the DDJ SZ, between the 2 I prefer the DDJ SZ, I'm not a pioneer fanboy but, between the 2 I prefer the SZ again it has nothing to do with build quality because both are very well built, actually all 4 are built very well.

Ultimately it comes down to preference, it just so happens I prefer the Pioneer gear although the Numark gear served me well especially the NS7, I did many gigs with it.
Christ beats I. 4:10 PM - 29 March, 2014
Practicality over preference for us poor selectors.....what we prefer is not always right in the light. Personally I would in years gone by surf anything I could get under my feet mainly for the experience. I have the same attitude towards controllers and always keep an eye out for any divisive favourism over the truth of whatever is presented, yes that is a costly aptitude but through Christ all things are possible even for a rich man to be saved! I like using the MIXTRACK PRO 2 from Numark which I actually prefer using over my Vestax VCI 300 MK2! Although the later does have better jog response for scratching. But then the NS6 hasa greater resolution on the jogs over the VCI 300 in fact 200 ticks more...3600 compared to 3400 on the VCI which when endowed with a CF- X2 fader was I thought one of the best little digi scratch units on the planet. But both the Pioneer and Numark models are big and this is where my preference and practicality enters the equation. For mobile work I prefer small controllers for obvious reasons and to amplifie I don't have roadies...yet. All very nice machines but size and wieght are big issues for me. I like the MIXTRACK PRO 2 because though it lacks in jog response it is a good wieght and size and it's same with Vestax and the VCI 300mk2 easy to lug around, reliable does the job. If Numark build a true PRO 2 ie metal chassis and posts alongside introducing a censor, slip mode and slicer functions whilst retaining the same dimensions as the current PRO 2 and maybe move the headphone plug back around to the front then for Serato users like me that would be a professional choice, oh yes and bumped the res up on the jogs for tighter scratching. But alas subjective preference and to be frank in these times unless the demand and financial gain is there it would be a no brainer anyway. But yes ...full metal mixtrack pro 2 dimensions with NS6 interface quality would be my preference here.
Regards.
Cheddi 4:20 PM - 1 February, 2016
This is a great thread.

I am finally ready to pick up a controller.

I'm an old school DJ. I really wish I could find a solution similar to a GLI PMX mixer with three channels yet ultimately I would need three pitch controls on a controller.

Having accepted that as fact, i am now more interested in 4 channels and led needle pointer or some sort of display on each jog wheel.

Suggestions on units other than the ns6 or Ddj sx? I think the vestax 400 would be boss if had needle position indicator on the wheels.