Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

"Serato DJ" will this replace Itch

Silver Foxx Sound 7:48 PM - 8 October, 2012
Is Serato DJ going take over for itch. and is the ddj-s1 will it work with this Serato DJ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:02 PM - 8 October, 2012
Lol can you not read jesus???
djemdub 9:44 AM - 9 October, 2012
itch will still be available for download(Im assuming)

Serato dj will be compatible for all itch controllers except for the xone dx and (i think) the denon controller?

if you plan on owning a serato dj intro controller, regardless of having an itch controller, you will need to purchase a license for serato dj to use your intro controller

first release will only allow midi mapping to an additional controller that is not the primary controller( the itch or intro controller used to activate the decks). future release(s) will allow custom mapping to primary controllers(as stated by serato)..this will be faders to faders, knobs to knobs, buttons to buttons on secondary midi controllers.

features like the slicer, slip mode, and any new features offered by the ddj sx are exclusive to their respective controllers i.e
slicer=twitch, vci 380, ddj sx
slip mode=ddj s1, ddj sx
etc etc..
Serato did state that they plan on adding these features to the rest of the controllers.

xone dx users have no hope of gaining compatibility or support for serato dj(thats how it looks as of now). dont get mad at me for saying this, im just stating the obvious.

itch users will be waiting til spring and get the update FREE. Intro users pay $199

Non-serato dj, certified, controllers will NOT activate the software's decks.

fx are now powered by iZotope.(cant wait to hear em!)

as stated in another post, the memory leak issue should be fixed

theres suppose to be a better GUI

4 deck mixing will only be for 4 deck controllers(im sure i read this from serato somewhere in the forums)

and i think that sums it up. in case you didnt notice, i was just trying to answer questions that ive seen on almost every post regarding itch's future and serato dj that are bound to be asked here. feel free to correct me if im wrong on any of this info. this has come from questions i asked serato on other topics.

things that i would like answered:

1. is the key lock algorithm better?
2. is auto-gain any better?
3. will the pitch fader resolution be any better on the ns6(or this a hardware thing)?
4. will the ns6 be having the problem that was talked about in the itch 2.2.2 beta area regarding the levels not being equal?
5. will all controllers have the same scratch resolution as they do in itch?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:57 AM - 9 October, 2012
I would like to know that as this is a NEW software has it been made as a 64bit program so it can take advantage of the RAM we have in computers these days??? To bring a new software put that will not be a 64bit app seems strange!

Also i would hope after all the customer crys and other software having it for time that serato dj would come with midi out
djemdub 10:03 AM - 9 October, 2012
i shouldve added those questions to my list lol
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:40 AM - 9 October, 2012
In 2013 you should really not be making new software as a 32bit program! Also for there tobe any hope of the bridge serato needs tobe 64bit as that is a 64bit program now aswell i believe. Would also help with the out of memory error as you would have more memory to use with a 64bit program. Itch used 1.5gb then ran out of memory and new macs/pcs have 16gb ram!

Be very interesting to see if 64bit happens. (Not holding my breath!)
GARETHWYN66 1:03 PM - 9 October, 2012
SERATO IS A JOKE, JUST BOUGHT MY DDJ S1 3 MONTHS BACK.. "£950" and all of a sudden they bring a new controller out again ddj sx, They should concentrate more of their time working on that sh***t software called itch instead of all their time getting people to spend money on controllers.... the sync is crap on the ddl s1 and beat grids don't line up, effects are crap had to go out to but a rmx 1000 now there is a piece of genius..Why can't sera to get their software sorted first then move on to their controllers...it s like improving fuel for a car that has no wheels..o well controllers buy buy cdj 2000 nexus is the way forward.. saving up I think.. By the time they give us sera to dj for ddj s1 I will have left sera to like many others by the sound of it...
toi 3:18 PM - 9 October, 2012
Garethwyn you should be happy about the new software... Itch was so flawed from it's code base that further development would have been a waste of time. Now we get new software with (HOPEFULLY) better, more reliable code to build new things on instead of just fixing bugs. Most ITCH controllers will be fully supported for FREE so no need to buy a new controller. Since you even agree on ITCH being shitty, I don't get your frustration about getting a new, fixed software with iZotope FX all for free...
djemdub 9:45 PM - 9 October, 2012
Quote:
SERATO IS A JOKE, JUST BOUGHT MY DDJ S1 3 MONTHS BACK.. "£950" and all of a sudden they bring a new controller out again ddj sx, They should concentrate more of their time working on that sh***t software called itch instead of all their time getting people to spend money on controllers.... the sync is crap on the ddl s1 and beat grids don't line up, effects are crap had to go out to but a rmx 1000 now there is a piece of genius..Why can't sera to get their software sorted first then move on to their controllers...it s like improving fuel for a car that has no wheels..o well controllers buy buy cdj 2000 nexus is the way forward.. saving up I think.. By the time they give us sera to dj for ddj s1 I will have left sera to like many others by the sound of it...

It's not only Serato is not the one releasing the new controller, it is your controller's manufacturer, pioneer, releasing.Serato is only providing the software.why are you so mad?you're getting free software that is price at 199 for other users..so not only was you controller supported in itch, it will be supported in Serato dj.if you want to jump ship, go for it. I'm sure you'll be back when dj is released for your s1 and you'll regret paying that traktor software..

Why is everyone that is unhappy willing to jump ship?I think you'll run into more problems an another problem. Also, our jogs are complete shit on other platforms, so why would you eliminate your possibility of scratching. My laptop runs smooth with itch, with traktor, CPU kept Maxing out, noise was popping scratching was very loose..this was with an ns6 BTW..anyways, Serato itch is flawed, but traktor is just a mess.I hate their beatgridding.I hate their sync.I hate their GUI.
slyxdevil 1:31 AM - 3 August, 2015
I'm furious that my 1200 Xone DX is not supported. With serato dj. It pushed me to traktor pro 2.8.1 which I love once I got it mapped. Effects in traktor destroy itch 2.2.2 I would like to at least try serato dj. I think it was a bad move to not support this controller. There are thousands out there and you can still buy new on eBay for 500-600 $ half price