Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

when will serato dj be available for xone dx

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Allen & Heath Xone:DX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
mgriffiths 3:02 PM - 3 October, 2012
The xone dx was a recent purchse, so I am hoping to move to serato dj soon without having to buy more hardware.
dj-nice 3:35 PM - 3 October, 2012
dream on....your xone is now worthless
seratosnatch 7:57 PM - 3 October, 2012
Serato DJ is not available for the Xone DX..sad news really.
I mean it is a Serato Controller, even if it is discontinued.
Well guess it means those will be forced to move onto Traktor.
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:14 PM - 7 October, 2012
Hi there mgriffiths,

The Xone:DX is not going to be supported in Serato DJ as it is a discontinued product by Allen & Heath.

You will still be able to use the Xone:DX with the current ITCH applications.

Scott
Psynapses 6:14 PM - 8 October, 2012
So, who is going to give my money back, A&H or Serato? Been a Serato user since 2006 roughly. Bought the Xone 3 months ago to find out now that it's now longer supported? That itch is a thing of the past and I can expect no improvements on an already buggy setup?

WTF is happening to the companies that make music gear for their beloved fans to just turn around and say "we got your money and that was all we needed" I just went through the same experience with M-Audio and a $1200 set of studio monitors! Should I now hold Serato in that same regard? Is Serato no better than M-Audio?!

You have the coding to make Serato DJ recognize the hardware. We'll take care of mapping it, just MAKE IT RECOGNIZE THE XONE!
mgriffiths 3:56 AM - 20 October, 2012
I've been a loyal Serato customer since 2006. I recently upgraded to the Xone DX. I sincerely hope Serato has a change of heart and decides to enable Serato DJ to work with the Xone. There are so many people who recently bought the Xone DX with the expectation they would be using Serato software that undergoes continual development. To say to all these new Xone owners, people who have put their dollars and confidence in Serato, that the software they use will undergo no further development, is wrong, and bad business.

If Serato does not decide to enable the Xone for SeratoDJ, there's going to be a lot of formerly loyal customers who become very vocal on dj websites.
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:32 AM - 23 October, 2012
Thanks mgriffiths,

I can close this thread as a feature request and log it to the developers if you wish.

Regards
DJKelly 2:43 AM - 26 October, 2012
Gotta throw in my 2 ยข......

Most of our Xone DX's are not that old. How about Serato go ahead at give us Serato DJ.. and then, say, announce it will no longer be supported after any bug fix updates are rolled out.

Then.. we all win. We get Serato DJ, and in the not too distant future.. say 2 years?.. you no longer support the box.

Throwing us under the bus like this is *NOT* cool. Might be different if this were an 'newbie DJ" iPod controller... but it is significantly above that level.
Psynapses 1:37 PM - 1 November, 2012
This petition is not quite complete and I will continue to work on it, but I figured it needed to happen to organize.

Please share this with any and all DJs that you can. Get them to stand behind this and Serato will hopefully see the light.

www.change.org
DJMannos 2:57 AM - 2 November, 2012
I own a Xone DX, and am completely disappointed that Serato and Allen & Heath have decided to not provide any additional updates. This unit has been a headache since I bought it, and I faithfully stuck by serato and A&H thinking the next update would fix the bugs. I have done many gigs basically on eggshells hoping this unit wouldnt bug out on me, and now they call it discontinued and future support is not in scope, what a shame.

End of life product, less than 3 years old? Is that possible? Software and Hardware, especially those that are dependant on one another, certainly should be supported longer than that. I would even bet, this is a breach of contract, especially for those who recently purchased the unit. Any new units sold should have a big red sticker on them saying, discontinued and no future updates included.

Major retailers are still selling this unit:
www.guitarcenter.com

I have posted the Xone DX on ebay and craigslist, I cannot keep a unit that is not getting any more updates. If Serato doesnt support this unit, I will NEVER purchase a serato product again.

I purchased a Xone DX, the day it came out.

I purchased a Rane TTM57SL the day it came out.

I was going to purchase the pioneer DDJ-SX, but that is on hold until serato decides their next step.

I must make a purchase in the next month, and if serato fails to support the DX, I know they dont care about us paying customers, I will move to Traktor, not like the switch is all that hard.
DJ Serventi 7:37 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
Major retailers are still selling this unit:
www.guitarcenter.com

HA! I love how it even says "non-returnable item" on the site! Such crap! Serato...be a part of the solution and not part of the problem!

I'm getting a little more irate every time some else posts something about this, and it keeps getting brushed under the rug. That rug will eventually bulge from all of the dodging and plies you keep putting there...
Psynapses 2:27 PM - 6 November, 2012
Don't forget to sign!

www.change.org