Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Device not recognized

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Allen & Heath Xone:DX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
cpa1ne 1:04 PM - 3 October, 2012
I just got a brand new Mac and performed a clean install of Itch 2.2.2. When I plug in the Xone DX the device is not recognized and it causes the computer to shut down and restart. Please help.
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:27 PM - 8 October, 2012
Hi cpa1ne,

I regret to inform you that the Xone DX is no longer a controller that Allen and Heath are making drivers for or supporting. If you want you can try to get it working with an older version of ITCH we have the archive of our releases here - serato.com

Matt P
cpa1ne 12:17 PM - 9 October, 2012
I found a solution. I connected the xone to a Belkin 4 port 2.0 USB powered hub and it worked. All is good now. You might pass this on to others with the same problem.
Allen & Heath, Support
Al C 1:14 PM - 9 October, 2012
Hi folks

Quote:
Xone DX is no longer a controller that Allen and Heath are making drivers for or supporting

Sorry to butt in here Matt, but this isn't correct
:o)
- new software for XONE:DX was released after production of the hardware ended and this included both firmware and driver updates.
The last firmware update included some minor bug fixes and added functionality.
The last driver release included updates to enable OSX10.8 compatibility.

Installers for all can be downloaded direct from the A&H website, here:
www.allen-heath.com

The issue cpa1ne had/had relates to changes in the latest generation of Macs that implement USB3.0 ports; it appears to be direct connection of some USB2.0 hardware to these ports that causes the issue.

Our software devs have been in discussion with Apple about it and have suggested a work-around that, in effect, makes it possible to re-establish enumeration of the DX onto the Mac by connecting the DX to a USB2.0 hub and then connecting the hub to the Mac.

cpa1ne's confirmation this fixes the issue reinforces our thoughts concerning diagnostics and means the DX is good to go with the latest Mac OS and hardware
:o)

I hope the extra info helps

Cheers
Al
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:56 PM - 30 October, 2012
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the clarification Al,

Glad to know you got it working with the Usb 2.0 hub. I'll be sure to pass this information on to other users.

Cheers

Matt P