Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ: true competition for Traktor?

Kmxorbit 9:20 AM - 3 October, 2012
Probably the best news in years that Serato finally starts with a solution that can match traktor supremacy on several levels.
Finally we see a roadmap with a lot of integrations:

-Improved FX: I know the iZotope fx quite well and they're top notch.
-Midi mapping: The start for a new era of DJ control.
-4 deck control: I really hope they give the V7 a second life boost by making is 4 deck compatible aswel.
-Tight integration of the library between all the Serato products.
-Upgrade fees (Sounds like they will get the funds to really compete with NI)
-Last but no least: Tight collaboration with the biggest brands in the DJ industry, especially Pioneer.

I think with this roadmap, Serato will keep their customers in their camp, and even better, attrackt ex traktor adepts. But then the soft must be really pro.

And still... I believe the competition can only be won, if Serato DJ will be compatible with the pioneer Nexus range. Because then, you only need a laptop with serato DJ in most DJ booths and you're off.
NI is compatible already... Serato DJ should be too. Then the real battle begins.
Afdj 9:31 AM - 3 October, 2012
One question:

Serato Scratch live will be "inside" Serato Dj or will be separate software (of course using Sl soundcard etc..) ??
kthbrdy 9:33 AM - 3 October, 2012
I'd be very interested to find out if I can hook my Serato control vinyls to this and scratch away?
Kmxorbit 9:54 AM - 3 October, 2012
The business models of 2005 aren't compatible any more with the current evolution and business models in DJ'ing. Even Rane will have to adapt.
Imho, it should be a logic evolution that you could hook up your vinyl's with this system...
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:49 AM - 3 October, 2012
No scratchlive is totaly one its own as a dvs, serato dj is for midi controllers not timecode, but its said serato dj will have all the features of scratchlive.
filemon 11:43 AM - 3 October, 2012
Hope you Can set beat countdown marks like rekordbox for cdj2000 nexus
nik39 11:49 AM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
The business models of 2005 aren't compatible any more with the current evolution and business models in DJ'ing. Even Rane will have to adapt.
Imho, it should be a logic evolution that you could hook up your vinyl's with this system...

I agree.
blackavenger 3:07 PM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I agree.

Yeah, I have suspicions that this new software is the precursor to ScratchLIVE's eventual demise. What I mean is that I think it's inevitable that ScratchLIVE will eventually be integrated into Serato DJ, then they'll only have (1) program to deal with.

They have to see that this is the primary way to stay relevant. Merge it all. Rane will have to get a cut or something...it has to eventually be done!!
Solidsnake 4:28 PM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree.

Yeah, I have suspicions that this new software is the precursor to ScratchLIVE's eventual demise. What I mean is that I think it's inevitable that ScratchLIVE will eventually be integrated into Serato DJ, then they'll only have (1) program to deal with.

They have to see that this is the primary way to stay relevant. Merge it all. Rane will have to get a cut or something...it has to eventually be done!!

Well I was about to say I doubt that will happen but then I looked at my SL3 box which has the scratch live name and logo on it, meanwhile.... my Rane 62 just says "Serato" on it so.... might be some truth behind this...
VinnyBlanc 4:34 PM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:

x2
seratosnatch 4:38 PM - 3 October, 2012
Yes, the future looks bright again for Serato..I was kind of worried.
Like the idea behind this! Pioneer controller looks sweet too.
diezdiaz 5:04 PM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:

i always set my grids so the 1 is on first big drop, anything before that is displayed as a negative number so its essentially a "countdown".
not quite the same but pretty damn usefull, especially for songs with intros that arent 16 or 32 bars
Dj Robs sweden 12:45 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
VinnyBlanc 1:11 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

This is the one feature from rekordbox I wish we had. It would be nice to know the next cue point is 16 bars away etc....