Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

ttm57 - scroll tracks in prepare (right knob) focus

ral 2:54 AM - 31 March, 2008
in the 57, jump focus from prepare tracks, to normal track listings..then back to prepare tracks focus..

scratchlive.net
nik39 11:54 AM - 31 March, 2008
How do you want to change focus?
ral 12:47 PM - 31 March, 2008
hmmm, maybe tab? like the usual tab to crate, tab to tracks, tab to prepare tracks..there should be a tab midi command i guess
nik39 12:52 PM - 31 March, 2008
Midi does not help for those who just use the TTM57.
ral 2:54 PM - 31 March, 2008
at least add a tab command in that midi list, so you can assign to any 57 button/knobs?
nik39 5:06 PM - 31 March, 2008
What has a midi command with an assignment to any 57 button/knob have to do? Do you mean that you need a command in general to do focus change?
DJ Prinvale` 11:19 PM - 31 March, 2008
Quote:
How do you want to change focus?

when you have the "preview" window open and you try to scroll tracks with the 57 it only scrolls in the preview window. The only way to scroll the rest of the tracks is to either close the preview window, or use your laptop and manually select the bottom window.

This feature has been suggested a few times. It's not a deal breaker but would be very convenient if fixed.
nik39 11:23 PM - 31 March, 2008
Quote:
when you have the "preview" window open and you try to scroll tracks with the 57 it only scrolls in the preview window. The only way to scroll the rest of the tracks is to either close the preview window, or use your laptop and manually select the bottom window.

Thanks, but that's not what I was asking for :) I know what the problem is, I just wanted to know how his suggestion actually would look like... how would *he* change focus?
DJ Prinvale` 12:20 AM - 1 April, 2008
I was thinking the same way as regular ssl. The tab button.
ral 1:20 AM - 1 April, 2008
add TAB and SHIFT TAB in the command listings, so that you can assign it to any knobs/button/toggle in 57

for example, i have the prepare open...

the SCROLL tracks should go where the focus is. if the focus is in the prepare, then scroll tracks knob should be in the prepare...

then use the TAB - ex assigned in the DOWN TOGGLE switch.. to focus in the TRACK listings... the SCROLL tracks knob should behave in track listings, where the focus is...

if you want to go back to prepare, then SHIFT TAB ex assigned in UP TOGGLE SWITCH.... then focus and scroll tracks should work in the prepare...

gets?
ral 6:17 PM - 25 August, 2008
bump