Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

wheres the serial number!!!

dvito 3:00 AM - 28 August, 2012
all i have is the mixer and the serato dj terminalmix4 disc, i installed it on a dell and threw away the box and just have the mixer and cd. now i have a macbook pro and it's asking for a serial number but i don't' know how to find it or what, am i screwed?
phatbob 6:49 AM - 28 August, 2012
What is asking for a serial number? Intro is a free download, you don't need a serial number.
dvito 11:23 PM - 28 August, 2012
I've got the virtual dj LE program and it's asking for a serial number
phatbob 11:25 PM - 28 August, 2012
You need to ask about that over at the VirtualDJ website then, Serato have got nothing to do with that software.
dvito 1:19 AM - 31 August, 2012
k I've got the software off of your site, it runs great on my mac, looks exactly like the other software i was using on my old comp, but for some reason, when connecting the usb wire to my sera to terminalmix4 mixer its not registering on the mixer, Im playing it on the comp, but it's not transferring to the mixer, do you know what the problem would be for that?
dvito 12:16 AM - 1 September, 2012
it's weird cuz all the lights light up the speakers work cuz I've tested them, it's just that for some reason it's not registering from the computer to the terminal mix 4 deck, idk if it's the chord, but it worked fine on my dell and now I've got this mac and it's not working and idk why I've downloaded all the software i feel like, so idk
dvito 6:37 PM - 2 September, 2012
i got the serial number from the guitar center i bought the product from, it's still saying invalid serial number, is it because I've already used it on another comp, i need help!!
Mimizuku no Lew 1:20 PM - 4 September, 2012
You’re not going to get help with your VDJ serial number here. Try the Virtual DJ forums.
dvito 11:05 PM - 4 September, 2012
thankyou
JOHN JOHN 11:39 AM - 5 December, 2012
Where find the serial number of serato dj i have tha ddj sx pioneer
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:12 PM - 5 December, 2012
Hey JOHN JOHN,

You should get a second email with this. It may be in your spam/junk folder?

Even so, you should be able to authorize within the software when you open it up. Just need to enter the email you used when purchasing. Let me know how you get on.

Sam.
DJ Lady Shay 1:47 AM - 13 December, 2012
HEY SAM i'm having the same problem. I have been using the DDJ-SX and i was checking for an update for the serato dj . but when i open it after it finish updating its asking for a code. I don't get it please help i need it tomorrow for my gig!! I have proof that i purchase this at guitar center. IT was working fine before doing this update it was requesting.

-DJ Lady Shay
bookings@djladyshay.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:28 AM - 14 December, 2012
You don't need to do anything. Just click license at the bottom of the screen and it will hide this window. You can also choose to never show this again.

This is only for Serato DJ Intro upgrades, the Pioneer DDJ-SX is still just plug and play :)

Sam.
JOHN JOHN 1:46 AM - 19 December, 2012
Ok but click the license and not hide this windows
JOHN JOHN 9:52 PM - 2 April, 2013
i have pioneer ddj sx controler and try enter the serial number from serato video but don't can insert why? The button ok is off!!!
JOHN JOHN 9:57 PM - 2 April, 2013
Write all serial number and after the button ok is off!!!
phatbob 9:58 PM - 2 April, 2013
Change the zeros for Os or the other way round. Or the 1s for Ls.
Cj Sales 5:49 AM - 6 April, 2013
LOL! the serialnumber is at the back of your purchased product man to use VDJ LE
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 2:14 AM - 9 April, 2013
Hi JOHN JOHN,

You can find your Serato Video serial number here: serato.com

Click the "Show Serial Numbers and Licenses" button, enter your password, and you should be able to see the full serial number.

Once you've done that, enter the number into the Authorize tab of Serato Video inside Serato DJ and you should be good to go.
JOHN JOHN 10:55 PM - 14 April, 2013
Ok thanks!!!
DJ J RUN 8:22 AM - 10 July, 2013
Pls i need d serial numbers i only have SL1 and i wnt to ues it to play vídeo plss i need it so bad. How do i get it?
phatbob 10:39 AM - 10 July, 2013
Quote:
Pls i need d serial numbers i only have SL1 and i wnt to ues it to play vídeo plss i need it so bad. How do i get it?

You go to the Store link on Serato.com and you buy a licence for Serato Video.
mikechow 7:04 AM - 9 October, 2013
i already click at serato.com, but what i saw is ''Your serial numbers are private and are visible only to yourself and to the relevant support staff'' so how do i get it?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 7:20 AM - 9 October, 2013
Click the "Show Serial Numbers and Licenses" button, enter your password, and you should be able to see the full serial number.
mikechow 7:57 AM - 9 October, 2013
Eru G,it doesn't work ,so how do i get it?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 8:45 PM - 9 October, 2013
Hi mikechow

I'm going to PM you about this issue.

Cheers.
Dj Saupe 7:27 PM - 18 October, 2013
Guys I don't understand!! I downloaded the Trial Version of Serato 1.5.0. and it tells me a compatible dj device is connected. I go to the bottom right of the screen and select start new trial, I enter in my email and password. Then a window pops up and instead of just being able to start the trial it's only giving me the option under the bar "Serato Dj" to Enter Serial or Buy Now. Someone please tell me how I can just activate this trial I really need this
smartie75 2:02 PM - 11 February, 2014
Where find the serial number of serato dj i have ddj sx pioneer
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 7:55 PM - 11 February, 2014
Quote:
Where find the serial number of serato dj i have ddj sx pioneer

Hi smartie75,

If you have a Pioneer DDJ-SX, you won't need a serial number. Just plug it in and everything should start working.
Dj shashi 5:54 AM - 5 March, 2015
Hey guyzz I also have an DDJ-SX CONTROLLER and its both decks play/pause and cue buttons are not working so what shud I do for that???
Dj Mintty 2:34 PM - 20 March, 2015
Hey my fellow DJ's What are the short-cut for virtual Dj software
nono95fr 10:06 PM - 25 April, 2015
hello everyone,
i bought last week a pioneer controler, the pioneer DDJ-SB,
i have two problems, my cumputer doesn't recognize the controler and i don't find the license number to upgrade serato ?
thanks
Serato, Support
Jordan L 4:07 AM - 29 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey guyzz I also have an DDJ-SX CONTROLLER and its both decks play/pause and cue buttons are not working so what shud I do for that???

Hi DJ Sashi,

Make sure you virtual decks are in internal mode. Does the play/pause button flash or stay illuminated when you press it?
Serato, Support
Jordan L 4:15 AM - 29 April, 2015
Quote:
hello everyone,
i bought last week a pioneer controler, the pioneer DDJ-SB,
i have two problems, my cumputer doesn't recognize the controler and i don't find the license number to upgrade serato ?
thanks

Hey there,

You may want to go through the troubleshooting steps for connection issues first if you haven't already done so. I have linked both the Mac and PC pages.

Mac--> support.serato.com

PC--> support.serato.com

If you want to upgrade to Serato DJ you can purchase it on our webstore. You won't need a license number. The license will be tied to the email account you use when purchasing Serato DJ.

Serato Store (currently 30% off Serato DJ) --> store.serato.com