Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Selling My Numark NS7

djkurve 4:26 PM - 13 August, 2012
Just want to make sure I'm not crazy, but is asking $900 too much for a used NS7 (in great condition) with two free pair of the color vinyl records?
Felonyruckus 5:03 PM - 13 August, 2012
i've seen it selling for $700 used and $800 with a case. I'm sure you will find someone to buy it at $900 though.
Maskrider 5:51 PM - 13 August, 2012
You can get a vci380 for that price......lol
djkurve 8:15 PM - 13 August, 2012
Quote:
i've seen it selling for $700 used and $800 with a case. I'm sure you will find someone to buy it at $900 though.

Was this recently online? Because I looked online before I posted mine for sell and the cheapest I've seen them (used) was for $949 That was the listed price to buy now, not an auction site.
Ragman 3:12 AM - 14 August, 2012
Quote:
Just want to make sure I'm not crazy, but is asking $900 too much for a used NS7 (in great condition) with two free pair of the color vinyl records?

All depends on how much u charge for shipping. I've shipping for an NS7 range from $26.00 to $100+.
spicaly 12:40 PM - 14 August, 2012
I think its a little on the high end, a buddy of mine recently purchasd one off craigslist in decent condition for $500.... and I see them going for less on the used guitarcenter page
djkurve 4:02 PM - 14 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

All depends on how much u charge for shipping. I've shipping for an NS7 range from $26.00 to $100+.

That depends where I'm shipping it too. Which I don't know yet because no one has bought it yet. If I had to guess a price range I'd say between $35-$50
djkurve 4:05 PM - 14 August, 2012
Quote:
I think its a little on the high end, a buddy of mine recently purchasd one off craigslist in decent condition for $500.... and I see them going for less on the used guitarcenter page

I actually checked my local Craigslist and only one other person is selling one in my area. A brand new one for $1200. And I actually frequent GuitarCenter a lot and they actually advised me to try Amazon or Craigslist because they informed me I would be getting next to nothing if I sold it to them.
Ragman 5:20 PM - 14 August, 2012
I definitely think you shouldn't sell under $800. Especially if you kept it in great condition. If the condition is kinda suspect then get what you can though.
YESWEDJ.COM 3:31 AM - 10 December, 2012
I just sold my used one for $750
DJ dVO 5:45 AM - 10 December, 2012
I wouldn't sell mine even if you offer me $1500! :) The NS7 is one solid solid tank-like build quality. The VCI-380 on the other hand, is not as solid as I thought. Already having hardware issue. Going to look into returning it if I can't get it fixed.
Big Pops 8:25 AM - 12 December, 2012
Quote:
I wouldn't sell mine even if you offer me $1500! :) The NS7 is one solid solid tank-like build quality. The VCI-380 on the other hand, is not as solid as I thought. Already having hardware issue. Going to look into returning it if I can't get it fixed.

I agree with you, I was going to sell my NS7FX but I am going to wait and see what Serato DJ is going to be like on the NS7
djkurve 8:29 AM - 12 December, 2012
I'm glad I got rid of it. Pioneer DDJ SX FTW!
Felonyruckus 11:13 AM - 12 December, 2012
I'm going to be keeping my NS7 and run Itch on it and sell my NS6. The DDJ-SX is definitely a replacement for my NS6.
DJ dVO 4:48 PM - 12 December, 2012
^ good call. Will have to see what functionalities are offered with DJ on the NS7 before deciding. Itch/NS7 combo has been working flawlessly for me since day one it came out!!
JDforKing 5:55 PM - 12 December, 2012
Quote:

What problems are you having with your vci 380. I bought one a month ago and its work really well for me. What are the specs of your computer? When i first got a numark ns6 i had drop out problems. I bought a new computer with a i5 processor instead of the core duo 2 and it was problems solved.
pdidy 6:56 PM - 12 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

What problems are you having with your vci 380. I bought one a month ago and its work really well for me. What are the specs of your computer? When i first got a numark ns6 i had drop out problems. I bought a new computer with a i5 processor instead of the core duo 2 and it was problems solved.

well hes using a 2011 mac so my guess is his laptop is NOT the issue here. Probably just a bad unit.
DJ dVO 8:29 PM - 12 December, 2012
^ yupper. I am in touch with a Vestax's rep regarding the hardware issues, which are the left fader and the right platter.
darkside2551 1:28 PM - 9 February, 2013
Guitar center is selling ns7fx for $911 brand new....just bought one a few days ago to replace my V7's i had to sell to pay bills.

I was looking on craigslist first, most people are trying to sell theirs for a 1000+!
your best bet would be to sell it for $700-$800 i can't imagine anyone would pay more then that with G.C. selling them so cheap brand new.
WarpNote 9:54 AM - 18 February, 2013
As always, once the new generation unit is dropped,
expect the older to come down in price.
Ragman 1:51 PM - 18 February, 2013
Quote:
Guitar center is selling ns7fx for $911 brand new....just bought one a few days ago to replace my V7's i had to sell to pay bills. [...]

Looks like GC is trying to be out in front in getting rid of their NS7 inventory. It'll probably get lower then that once the MKII hits the market real good.
Fenborg 6:07 PM - 2 November, 2014
Definitely on the high end my friend. I've been trying to sell my NS7FX (with an Odyssey hard case, Novation Dicers, and extra platters to boot) for $750 a while back and had no luck. I'm trying again this time and have dropped the price down to a flat $600 in hopes of actually selling the set.
DJ dVO 7:33 PM - 2 November, 2014
It's getting real heavy to lug the NS7FX with its flight case but I can't seem to let it go. I do take it to special occasion though. Great machine all in all.

Good luck with your sale.
djkurve 1:07 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Definitely on the high end my friend. I've been trying to sell my NS7FX (with an Odyssey hard case, Novation Dicers, and extra platters to boot) for $750 a while back and had no luck. I'm trying again this time and have dropped the price down to a flat $600 in hopes of actually selling the set.

I sold this thing 2 years ago. Got my asking price btw. Picked up a NS7 II when they came out last year. If you're still trying to sell your OG NS7, good luck.
Ragman 5:30 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
It's getting real heavy to lug the NS7FX with its flight case but I can't seem to let it go. I do take it to special occasion though. Great machine all in all.

Good luck with your sale.

Yeah when I had mine the had case was overkill to me. The NS7 is built so solid that I used a soft case during transport and just set it up without a case during gigs. Did this for about a year before I sold it and it was still in great condition. Reduced my weight by 50 lbs.
kracky 9:17 AM - 21 January, 2015
I have a NS7 professional dj controller in excellent condition n i really dont use it n i dont have the time either! I would be willing to sell it for $400 plus shipping!
Ragman 3:55 PM - 21 January, 2015
kracky this thread might get locked as selling equipment on the open forum is against policy. I am interested and sent you a Private Message.
danielgov 9:36 PM - 15 February, 2015
I'm also willing to sell my NS7 with the FX controller for $400 plus shipping, if anyone needs one.