Off Topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Early 90's L.A. Party Peeps Need Your Help Finding Magazine.

Dj BuddyLove 12:25 AM - 21 February, 2008
Need some help los angeles early 90's party peeps.

back in the Early to mid 90's a dj/party crew magazine called street beat was in major circulation in los angeles. i think they roughly made 20 vols. if that. im tring to find any links to the old magazine. pics,articles,ect

if possible trying to find someone or someplace that has them for sale.

Thanks in advance yall
Steve Dub. 12:39 AM - 21 February, 2008
damn I remeber that shit, used to get them all the time.
Audio1 12:41 AM - 21 February, 2008
I used to get those up here in NORCAL, It was some kind of CLUB Magazine that was super dope. Had articles about all the dope spots back then, from Magic Wednesdays (CAN YOU TRANCE DANCE!!! circa 1993), Arena to Florentine Gardens (LOL)... I spent my summers as a youth in the LA area. What happened to DJ E-MAN? Dude was so sick on the cuts way back.
Dj BuddyLove 1:39 AM - 21 February, 2008
Quote:
I used to get those up here in NORCAL, It was some kind of CLUB Magazine that was super dope. Had articles about all the dope spots back then, from Magic Wednesdays (CAN YOU TRANCE DANCE!!! circa 1993), Arena to Florentine Gardens (LOL)... I spent my summers as a youth in the LA area. What happened to DJ E-MAN? Dude was so sick on the cuts way back.

Dj E-Man is with power 106fm now
profile.myspace.com
Izzy 6:07 AM - 22 February, 2008
That was a cool magazing! Anyone here remember an LA party scene tv show called Club Jump & it's party info line? They were both out about the same time.

Quote:
(CAN YOU TRANCE DANCE!!! circa 1993)

Those indian reservation raves were the shit back in the day.
Dj BuddyLove 9:04 AM - 22 February, 2008
Quote:
Those indian reservation raves were the shit back in the day.
yea!! till those indians started holding people hostage & extorting money from the people to free them.
dev!ous 7:25 PM - 22 February, 2008
yeah I went to Double Hit Mickey's 10 year anniversery (Indio,Ca) and that shit was straight scarey. The promoters left the location because a head-on colliton cause a major traffic jam and caused people to head back to LA from the dessert. No one showed up and no money was made. So the natives closed the gates and held people hostage. This one dude was fried outta his mind thinking he could fly and jumping and landing on his head (sad shit). The natives tied him to a chair and that's when my crew jumped in the car and crashed through the nearest gate and we (only our car) got out. True story from 1997. I stick to the city these days.
Street Beat was the shit and had alot of graff shit.
DjWoody 12:39 AM - 23 February, 2008
I have a few issues from back then. I remember I used to go to 7-11 the first week of the month just to buy it. I really used to look forward to it. Than Party Time came out, than Industry Insider & Live! Came out. I used work for LIVE.

I still have some OG URB Magazines. You know, the newspaper type.
Steve Dub. 12:47 AM - 23 February, 2008
industry insider were the shit too
Audio1 12:57 AM - 23 February, 2008
Industry Insider was soo dope too!
dev!ous 1:40 AM - 23 February, 2008
OG URB back when their office was in Hollywood. Man those were the days. Lotut & Insider
Dj BuddyLove 9:55 AM - 23 February, 2008
Quote:
yeah I went to Double Hit Mickey's 10 year anniversery (Indio,Ca) and that shit was straight scarey. The promoters left the location because a head-on colliton cause a major traffic jam and caused people to head back to LA from the dessert. No one showed up and no money was made. So the natives closed the gates and held people hostage. This one dude was fried outta his mind thinking he could fly and jumping and landing on his head (sad shit). The natives tied him to a chair and that's when my crew jumped in the car and crashed through the nearest gate and we (only our car) got out. True story from 1997. I stick to the city these days.
Street Beat was the shit and had alot of graff shit.
yep!!! this is the one i was talking about. 1/2 my equip was their & i was supposed to play. till al hell broke out over their. we had to load my equip &^ also break out quick. to get out of that place. im not racist (but no more f*cking gigs @ indian reservations)
Dj BuddyLove 10:03 AM - 23 February, 2008
SOOO ANY LINKS ANYONE?????
Izzy 6:39 PM - 23 February, 2008
Quote:

This cat's selling a copy. Don't know how many more he's got in storage.

www.ioffer.com
Audio1 7:33 PM - 23 February, 2008
That cover looks familiar...

dev!ous
LOTUS... They used to give that one out at raves!
dev!ous 8:00 PM - 23 February, 2008
lotus and urb was free back in those days. the clinton era was great
Dj BuddyLove 1:43 AM - 24 February, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

This cat's selling a copy. Don't know how many more he's got in storage.

www.ioffer.com
thanks Izzy!!!! Big Ups & Good Lookin Out. :) im gonna try & contact him and see if he's got any more. says only 1 avalible. mabey he means just that issue.

Thanks Agian
Keep Um Coming Guys :)
sunnyca 3:59 AM - 28 August, 2010
Hope you guys can help me. I am trying to find a title to some songs from the 1990's they were techno / deep house music.
One was an alarm or whistle
2nd song was mix with something of the charleston
Hope this help if not i'll keep searching.
thank you
Dj BuddyLove 7:22 AM - 28 August, 2010
the first might be this??
D-Shake / My Heart The Beat..
Watchwww.youtube.com
the second i know witch one you are talking about..
just cant remember the name..

mabey it would be better to ask here..
www.scratchlive.net
www.scratchlive.net
Izzy 1:54 AM - 30 August, 2010
Quote:

Here's my guess...
Dajae - U Got Me Up
Watchwww.youtube.com
Izzy 2:08 AM - 30 August, 2010
Quote:

Not sure when this was released...
Robert Armani - Fire Alarm
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj BuddyLove 6:24 AM - 30 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Here's my guess...
Dajae - U Got Me Up
Watchwww.youtube.com

i was trying to remeber that tracks name..
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure when this was released...
Robert Armani - Fire Alarm
Watchwww.youtube.com

damm how could i missed that..
i think you are right
Pico Town Ballers 3:05 AM - 1 June, 2011
I remember Marty the guy who took pictures and ran Street Beat Mag. and I also remember Hollywood Haze from Club Jump. Those Days will never leave my soul. I have all Street Beat Mags as well but I dont think I want to sell 'em. Maybe to should take some good pics and post them up. We'll see-
Chad S. 7:56 PM - 6 June, 2011
Quote:
lotus and urb was free back in those days. the clinton era was great

Wow it's been days since I thought about Lotus mag. That was a good one though. URB made it big time but got consumed by the beast it created. I still have a few back issues of urb from the 99-00 era.
Dj dren 8:03 AM - 24 January, 2012
I got some issues of street beatz , brings back memories, also they had a hole in the wall called street beatz in pomona , in a place they called the vault , second floor where you can get all the best vynl records , does anyone remember??
The Violators 5:20 AM - 15 March, 2012
Hi my name is Bianca I was in The Violators, let me know if u find the magz pls. I have like one or two articles of our crew...
S.Castro 9:46 AM - 25 March, 2012
I would love to get a few copies of street Beat too.. I was from Afterlife Pleasures in the early 90's and was in the mag a couple of times.. That would bring back crazy memories!!
joey san jose 11:50 AM - 29 May, 2012
hi i have about 16 magazines for sale hit me up thanks with your email i send you pic of them
joey san jose 11:53 AM - 29 May, 2012
if anyone interested in old street beat magazines hit me up with email ok i send you pics of them thanks
90806 6:12 PM - 15 July, 2012
I own old Street Beat Magazines!
Check out old 1990s party pics @
flickr.com/photos/90806
alfred c 5:57 AM - 9 September, 2012
Hey Joey! I'm interested in the street beat magazines, willing to buy em from you. Hit me up greenal11@yahoo.com thank you!
Crackpipe 6:33 AM - 9 September, 2012
LOL good ol Peppers off the 60 freeway. Lots of good times and memories there.
fishone818 2:19 PM - 26 July, 2013
What up fellas i remember those days... every one in valley and throu out L.A was trying thier best to expose themselves to get a review in streetbeat mag... as you rememeber we where San fernando valley chicano Creators crew... we still talk to eachother throu fb and other means.. my homegirlz from I.T.M and many other crews still have cantacts as well.. many great, exciting, crazy, unbelivable, and sometimes scary dp's.. bbq's... raves we threw and i wouldnt trade it or changed it... i reside in seatttle now and have a business.. but i still love my valle... and good old 70's kroq.. stay up fam friends and enemies...
fishone818 2:25 PM - 26 July, 2013
m.facebook.com!/photo.php?fbid=426950150682560&id=100001027371485&set=t.100001027371485&__user=100001027371485
Epo Epolicious 7:37 AM - 16 December, 2013
So does anyone else have these magazines? I was with Child's Play in the 90s. Good times.
nctg1976 10:45 AM - 21 December, 2013
I was wondering if anyone has any Street Beat Magazines on hand. I'm looking for a few issues. One being May 1995 issue & I think the one before or after. I was actually in the 2 magazines. I was given 1 of each but with years of moving have misplaced them. Anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.
Raider man 2:53 AM - 7 January, 2014
If anyone has street beat magazines especially the San Gabriel valley issue with lighter shade of brown in front cover page would like to get a copy if u know we're to get it
Dj Mr Ed 4:42 PM - 10 January, 2014
Sup my peeps in case you are interested there is a Facebook page about L.A PARTY CREWS there you will find tons of old school flyers , music and dj's from back in the day , see the link below

www.facebook.com

Also here is a youtube channel with all the good old techno and house songs from our era

www.youtube.com