Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

itch doesnt recognize my hardware

Product
ITCH
Version
1.8.2 (Novation TWITCH)
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
technologlicly confused Dj 3:16 AM - 27 June, 2012
i installed itch on the cd that came with the Novation twitch yet when i enter the program and i enter with the twitch connected it says hardware disconnected. The software works but i cannot use the Novation twitch i just bought, ive reinstalled and reinstalled and it does not work.
Serato, Support
Scott S 5:11 AM - 27 June, 2012
Hi technologlicly confused Dj,

Delete all versions of ITCH you currently have on your computer, also delete the _Serato_ and _Serato_backup_ folders that are located in your "My Music" folder in your user folder.

Then download version ITCH 2.2 from our website >serato.com

Make sure you install this with the Novation TWITCH connected.

Let me know how you get on,
Cheers
technologlicly confused Dj 6:20 AM - 27 June, 2012
well i did as you said and deleted all trace of serato software on my computer i plugged in the twitch and the controllers lights come on and it seems like it works just in the softwaree once again it says my hardware is disconnected.
6:23 AM, 27 Jun 2012
technologlicly confused Dj attached a file: screen shoyt.png
View· Permalink
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:41 AM - 28 June, 2012
Are you able to test installing the TWITCH on another computer to see that its not a hardware issue? You might have a defective TWITCH if the lights on the unit do not come on

Go to your control panel and try deleting that Device (TWITCH) in your Device manager, then re-connect the Twitch and it should prompt you that it will reinstall driver. Then re-open ITCH and see if it appears, let me know if that works?

If not, download these drivers > www.novationmusic.com
Install them and restart ITCH, does this help at all?
technologlicly confused Dj 5:09 PM - 30 June, 2012
i did as you said and tried deleting everything off my computer and uninstalling all forms of twitch i then proceeded to download the usb driver and serato 2.2 still serato did not recognize my hardware the computer will recognize it and the lights turn on in fact i was able to use it just fine on my friends macbook. I am still completely confused as to why this is happening while on my friends it recognizes the hardware in seconds.
technologlicly confused Dj 9:15 PM - 30 June, 2012
im also wondering if it could be my PC the computer says it recognizes it but the program does not is there a way that my computer can be interrupting this connection? And is there a customer support hotline that will assist me on a more immediate basis so that i can get this fixed for upcoming shows?
technologlicly confused Dj 4:31 AM - 1 July, 2012
its ok it was something with my system serato is great and it works perfectly.