Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Vestax VCI 380 Right Platter Problems

DJ K-Ceaser 11:21 AM - 18 June, 2012
I saw another thread about Right Platter Problems with the vestax Vci 380 and I too have experienced this. At times the right platter is not responsive in vynal mode! I credit this to some faulty designs in the first batch of systems.
JDforKing 12:45 PM - 18 June, 2012
That was the same problem we had with all the batches of vci 300 mk1 and mk2. Come on vestax this is ridiculous. Definitely not buying one if i see more and more people having the same problem.
DJ K-Ceaser 1:52 PM - 18 June, 2012
Already put my request in for a replacement from the guitar center when they get the next batch! Horrible I know. SMH.
Oreo The Dj 2:08 PM - 18 June, 2012
K-ceasar mind if i ask when you bought your 380 from Guitar center..because the ones in my area are acting like its not even released yet...and its my only option to buy from because i have a 500 gift card to them
DJ K-Ceaser 4:12 PM - 18 June, 2012
No prob it came in Friday. 3/15/12. I pre-ordered mine about 3 months ago. It was sent rush order because I was the only one to Preorder so this was the only one recieved in this area. I'm in Gary IndIana about 20 min from Chicago I checked there and they haven't recieved any either.
DJ MDX 7:19 PM - 18 June, 2012
At the time you have to order through a GC Pro, other than that you can't get it from GC online or otherwise...
DJ K-Ceaser 7:37 PM - 18 June, 2012
Also try sweetwater.com they just got them in stock shipping today!
DJ K-Ceaser 9:15 PM - 18 June, 2012
Here is a vid right after I got mine!

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ K-Ceaser 9:19 PM - 18 June, 2012
This is another vid showing me installing the cfx2 crossfader Peaceeee!

Watchwww.youtube.com
pdidy 9:37 PM - 18 June, 2012
Quote:
This is another vid showing me installing the cfx2 crossfader Peaceeee!

Watchwww.youtube.com

fixed
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ K-Ceaser 9:44 PM - 18 June, 2012
fixed

Fixed? Are u asking if the platter is fixed?
pdidy 12:28 AM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
fixed

Fixed? Are u asking if the platter is fixed?

NO , your 2 links are the same , so I posted the link you intended on posting....:)
DJ K-Ceaser 12:55 AM - 19 June, 2012
LMAO!! I see now dayumm IPHONES!!! well here it is!!! ^^^^

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ K-Ceaser 12:56 AM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
NO , your 2 links are the same , so I posted the link you intended on posting....:)

THANKS THOUGH!!!!
DJ K-Ceaser 1:05 AM - 19 June, 2012
YOOOO CHECK OUT MY Vid DID a TEST run for all my SERATO Brothers and Sisters!!! LETZZZ GO!!!!!
Watchwww.youtube.com
ernie 9:45 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
I saw another thread about Right Platter Problems with the vestax Vci 380 and I too have experienced this. At times the right platter is not responsive in vynal mode! I credit this to some faulty designs in the first batch of systems.

Have you tried adjusting the sensitive knob?
MixxWizard 10:48 PM - 23 June, 2012
So far, no problems with the right Platter. I've been messing with the VCI 380 at least 3 hours a day. I had one audio dropout. Here's a video of me testing out the VCI-380. So far I don't regret selling my NS6, & Twitch.

Watchwww.youtube.com
JDforKing 5:26 AM - 24 June, 2012
Quote:
So far, no problems with the right Platter. I've been messing with the VCI 380 at least 3 hours a day. I had one audio dropout. Here's a video of me testing out the VCI-380. So far I don't regret selling my NS6, & Twitch.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Probably the best video demo of the vci 380 thus far. What do you like more about the 380 than the ns6?
MixxWizard 5:18 PM - 24 June, 2012
1st of all, it's much lighter in weigh. I love having 2 controllers in one. Still waiting on The Bridge for Itch, so I can use my APC 40 in my set as well.
DJ Kelly Web - The Mad Scientist 5:34 PM - 24 June, 2012
Mixx Wizard that video was slamming. You may be one of the few people who have not had a problem with the right platter. It makes me hesitant to get one until that problem is resolved. How long did it take for them to resolve the problem with the VCI- 300?
djkrazyleo 6:21 PM - 24 June, 2012
nice job MixxWizzard looks very fun i think i,m going to look into the vci 380.what case are you using for the 380
DJ K-Ceaser 7:51 AM - 25 June, 2012
Whats good Every 1 Shout out to MixxWizzard U killed that Homey!! But unfortunately i have to reiterate I love the system but I still experience problems with the right platter at times. In vynal mode the right platter becomes unresponsive for no apparent reason. I plan on returning it for a new one as soon as the new shipment comes.
djdisbjohn 6:18 PM - 25 June, 2012
Hey Mixxwizzard, what flight case are you using for the vci-380?
Maskrider 5:59 AM - 28 June, 2012
^^ I think it's for a VCI300 originally
rangeela007 7:47 PM - 28 June, 2012
HELP ME PLZ :(

MY VCI-380 the right platter won't work in vinyl mode tried enabling, disabling, restarted my Mac, no luck.
I run version 2.2.1.
Shall i send it back?
It was working Fine and then It just got stuck in Jog mode even with the vinyl button on. Left platter works fine. I dont know what to do ?
PLZ HELP ME :(
DJ K-Ceaser 8:03 PM - 28 June, 2012
What's up Rangeela. I think it's a manufacturing problem. I plan on returning mine for a new one once the Guitar Center stocks up again. Which totally Suckssss!!!! Lol
ernie 10:36 PM - 28 June, 2012
Quote:
HELP ME PLZ :(

MY VCI-380 the right platter won't work in vinyl mode tried enabling, disabling, restarted my Mac, no luck.
I run version 2.2.1.
Shall i send it back?
It was working Fine and then It just got stuck in Jog mode even with the vinyl button on. Left platter works fine. I dont know what to do ?
PLZ HELP ME :(

have you tried adjusting the sensitive knob?
ernie 10:38 PM - 28 June, 2012
Now more vci 380 user is having problem with the right platter..i hope there's a quick fix
rangeela007 10:43 PM - 28 June, 2012
Ima try changing the knobs when i go home - Will keep you guys posted- I hope this shit gets fixed man I gotta dj on the radio tommorw FML
DJ K-Ceaser 1:54 AM - 29 June, 2012
Whats Good U all Posted a New Vid! let me know what u Think Peace!
Watchwww.youtube.com
rangeela007 8:54 AM - 29 June, 2012
hey thanks alot guys !! It was the knobs on the front :)
:D
VCi - 380 is the bomb!!!
H2o 6:04 AM - 15 July, 2012
I just ran into this problem with the left platter I hope it's also just the touch sensitivity knob...those things should be in the back, like they used to be!
H2o 6:19 AM - 15 July, 2012
Oh my god, I just double checked, after restarting my computer and VCI 380, moved the left platter sensitivity dial all the way way from hard left to hard right, and disengaged and re-engaged the vinyl mode button and STILL the left deck is only working in NUDGE MODE!??!?

I bought my VCI 380 today!
H2o 6:20 AM - 15 July, 2012
Weird I just disengaged the vinyl mode again and it works, maybe it has something to do with pressing shift and vinyl mode? I stopped the platter did that, and then backspun, and reengaged vinyl mode, problem seems to have solved for now
DJ K-Ceaser 3:19 PM - 15 July, 2012
I truly think that this is a hardware problem h2o. It doesn't make since to have to put in codes for this to work lol. I am returning mine today. I think I am going to give the ns6 another shot until further notice.
H2o 5:44 PM - 15 July, 2012
I am now encountering random stuttering on both decks, first problem solved new problem arising....all effects are off
H2o 5:45 PM - 15 July, 2012
Actually it is a constant stuttering
H2o 5:46 PM - 15 July, 2012
Slow playback, problem doesn't happen in offline player, I restarted my computer, and the VCI 380, turned the 380 back on before starting Itch, and same problem
H2o 5:50 PM - 15 July, 2012
Hmm...ok, second problem seems to have gone away after I put my laptop on top of a book, may have been overheating
H2o 12:36 AM - 16 July, 2012
Left platter not working again, now also on my MacBook. (I normally use a MacBook Pro)
DJ K-Ceaser 11:16 AM - 16 July, 2012
I believe that it is a hardware problem h2o. Mine was doing the same thing it worked and then didn't work then it worked and once again didn't work lol. I really like the machine but I think that the first batch is experiencing some issues. I'm going to give vestax some time to get it right and give it a try later I can't do a gig worrying if my equipment will go out at any time.
H2o 11:49 AM - 16 July, 2012
Yeah, Ceaser, this is a complete bummer...I totally agree with you, when it works, the 380 is amazing, but these issues are just getting to be too much right now....you returned yours?

Getting my hands on this thing, was a pain enough, and now I gotta return it...ugh
DJ K-Ceaser 1:57 PM - 16 July, 2012
I know I was hyped just for this to happen. I tried yesterday but the manager wasnt in and it being a special order he has to approve the return so I'll try again today. However I I picked up a ns6 I had it once before but didnt give it a fair shot due to the fact that itch wasn't as advanced as it is now.
JDforKing 5:09 PM - 16 July, 2012
Quote:
I know I was hyped just for this to happen. I tried yesterday but the manager wasnt in and it being a special order he has to approve the return so I'll try again today. However I I picked up a ns6 I had it once before but didnt give it a fair shot due to the fact that itch wasn't as advanced as it is now.

I have the ns6 and i must say its a solid piece of gear. I've had it for a over a year and have experienced no problems.
DJ K-Ceaser 12:19 AM - 18 July, 2012
Just returned mine. Almost felt sad for a sec lol but this ns6 is pretty nice! So this will be weapon of choice for now.
DJ K-Ceaser 11:21 PM - 25 September, 2012
Check This out beware of the odyssey glide case!!!

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ MDX 4:13 AM - 26 September, 2012
You don't put that stuff against your platters but rather drop your pitch faders to +max and put them on either side. You can do the same for the ch faders.

It has worked this way all the way back to the original VCI-300.

Another thing I would highly suggest is to bump all that and put a Decksaver on it before you transport it in the case - problem solved.

Good luck.
DJ K-Ceaser 4:57 AM - 26 September, 2012
MDX check this homey lol.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ MDX 10:29 AM - 26 September, 2012
LMAO - It's all good - "Don't Believe The Hype" PE Style....
DJ K-Ceaser 10:49 AM - 26 September, 2012
Lol Don't Believe The Hype Ugggg aaaa! Man I almost crashed when I read that good throwback line +1
djdisbjohn 6:23 PM - 26 September, 2012
Those hard stoppers go on the underside of the sliding shelf where the the outer edge of the VCI sits in the case
DJ K-Ceaser 6:36 PM - 26 September, 2012
It doesn't work they are too large. I had a glide case for my ns6 similar in style I believe they miscalculated the stopper size to VCI ratio.
H2o 10:56 AM - 27 September, 2012
Vci 380 #3 now experiencing vinyl mode problems for me. Now on right deck, instead of left.

Dunno what to say. This is 900 dollars flushed down a toilet.
DJ K-Ceaser 11:15 AM - 27 September, 2012
Man that's unfortunate!!! I haven't had any issues with the second one yet but I have been seeing this problem in other threads all over the place I hope Vestax does something about this soon!
H2o 12:30 PM - 27 September, 2012
Yeah, figured the kinks would have been ironed out by now. Wish there was a quick software/firmware fix for this.
djkrazyleo 6:08 AM - 28 September, 2012
Just curious,can anybody who is running the vci 380 tell me if the new update improve the level meter performance, it seem to have a delay in the actual movements of the playing track and did it stop occasional dropouts ? i,m still feeling the 380 so i,m willing to take the plunge the second time around. maybe the one that I had before was defective, thanks in advance peoples .
Alexandr RU 9:24 PM - 18 April, 2015
VCI 380 Right jog plate does not respond to touch.
Has anyone solved this problem?
VON DUTCH 1:38 PM - 25 May, 2015
Both my jog wheels not working on 380 vinyl mode not working at all what's the problem?
DJ K-Ceaser 3:31 PM - 25 May, 2015
What's good with everyone. I started this Disscusion about 3 years ago and I Finale solved the Problem! I got a DDJSX 2 lol
VON DUTCH 3:44 PM - 25 May, 2015
I just fixed it lol
VON DUTCH 3:45 PM - 25 May, 2015
Press shift and vinyl at the sametime
Chandler L 12:17 AM - 30 July, 2015
Having the same Issue on my Vci 380. No matter what I do I can't get either one of the jogwheels to scroll through the song properly.