Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

VCI-380 - GIVE US BACK THE MANUAL LOOP FEATURE FROM THE VCI-300

DJWOLFD 2:02 AM - 18 June, 2012
Ok.... so I'm lovin' my VCI-380..... BUT....... PLEASE give us back the ability to manually set and turn on/off loops JUST LIKE WE COULD IN THE VCI-300. Do you guys realize how many thousands of previously saved loops that we ITCH users can no longer access with the VCI-380??? This is NUTS!!!!! There's NO WAY you guys should've taken that feature away. PLEASE PLEASE give us an update ASAP and return this very important feature to us!!!
phatbob 6:41 AM - 18 June, 2012
You can still save manual loops, as well as switch previously saved loops on and off, with the pads by hitting the autoloop mode button twice.

The only difference is that you can't set them, you have to do that with the keyboard shortcuts.
dj_eddie_gr 9:05 AM - 18 June, 2012
+1000
DJWOLFD 8:57 PM - 18 June, 2012
Ahhhh... ok. Thanks for the valuable info. Now I'm eager to leave work so I can go back home and test it out!
805ITCH 2:27 AM - 1 October, 2012
"The only difference is that you can't set them, you have to do that with the keyboard shortcuts."

With the 300 it was perfect to record a beat box or some audio input and loop it on the fly without touching the keyboard analyzing per the grid feature.

Returned mine today :( wonderfully built yet missing manual in out feature, critical on any controller. Auto loop does not replace direct placement of start loop end loop (quantized gridded audio does not give you the freedom in a multi bpm song.
nikodb 2:27 AM - 22 March, 2013
+100000000 for the manual loops....in-out and adjust please :)
krewcial 11:18 AM - 16 April, 2014
Long time since people have replied here, but just for people looking for info : with SeratoDJ it's perfectly possible to playback all of your saved loops (and switching them off and on without sending the playhead back to the beginning of the loop) by pressing the AUTOLOOP button twice.

Setting new manual loops is done by pressing ROLL twice. You can then set and adjust begin and end of your manual loop with the bottom row pads.

I just replaced my VCI300+ VFX1 with a VCI380 and I couldn't be happier. So if you still think you can't trigger or set manual loops with the VCI380 and this is holding you back from getting it, reconsider.