would work with an SL-3

hp envy 15inch
2.2ghz i7
radeon hd 7690 1gb graphics card
8gb ram
750gb hd
skinnyguy 10:40 AM - 13 June, 2012
you were WONDERING.

get a mac. don't wonder. your money won't be wasted.

a lot of people have tried windows machines (HP, Dell, Alienware, Toshiba, Sony, you name it). 99.9% have switched to mac for vsl/sv (and the ones that really got into it moved onto ME...but that's another story).
DJMark 10:43 AM - 13 June, 2012
It's not about "specs" with a PC.

It's about the luck you happen to have getting a bunch of different components/drivers to all work in a way that doesn't suck.

Unless you want to risk wasting a crap-load of time that may very possibly end up being futile futility....take the above (skinnyguy's) advice.

Also, Mix Emergency doesn't run on Windows.
skinnyguy 10:46 AM - 13 June, 2012
wasting time AND money.
skinnyguy 10:53 AM - 13 June, 2012
DJRemixEnt 11:51 AM - 13 June, 2012
get a mac
popnwave 1:08 PM - 13 June, 2012
At this point any damn MacBook with discreet graphics from the last 5 years will run SD stuff fine. If you NEED to to HD anything post 2009 will work ok and any of the core i7 ones will work great.
DJ Soup 11:38 PM - 13 June, 2012
I'm using an HP Envy 15 with Itch and Serato Video. I would switch over to a Mac and use Mix Emergency but it doesn't work with Itch.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:35 AM - 14 June, 2012
I'm using an Asus G1S from 2007 (laugh if you want too) and getting around 70fps with my output set to medium. Like most have said, it's all in the drivers. ......... I will say that when I had a VCI-300 I could only run 3 or 4 videos before it froze up. Can't say for sure if it's a Vista thing or SV.
DeejayRanj 3:35 AM - 14 June, 2012
@djalnasty i was in the same seat, trying to get the best computer for the money and made a mistake, pc are good for like a year then somehow become slow and cant handle serato video trust me, this is coming from a hardcore pc fan and apple hater. i bought a core i5 6gb ram, thing is slow as hell now and get dropouts every so often but cant handle video for shyt like it use it to.

heres my previous thread to prove it:

serato.com
Kenyan Zaga 8:25 PM - 21 June, 2015
So currently 2015 there are hp laptops with NVDIA graphics and a Ram of upto 12Gb has anyone of you tried using them with SV OR the latest version of SDJ?
skinnyguy 7:33 AM - 23 June, 2015
Good luck with your gamble, Kenyan.
manny patel 6:33 PM - 23 June, 2015
Quote:
So currently 2015 there are hp laptops with NVDIA graphics and a Ram of upto 12Gb has anyone of you tried using them with SV OR the latest version of SDJ?

already doing it still having problems
before with video option on cue points not saving( all the video files I am doing with video option off and then it works)

now other problem is recording, its not video recording more then 4-5 minutes.

already contacted serato with the issue and keeping fingers cross
Kenyan Zaga 8:44 PM - 3 July, 2015
@Skinnyguy @manny patel thanks I think ill have to look for a mac
manny patel 12:58 AM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:
@Skinnyguy @manny patel thanks I think ill have to look for a mac

mention not

if u have pc which is above requirements then I belive u should atleast try it you never know it might work (fingers cross). if you really wana spend money then go with mac
skinnyguy 6:33 AM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:

mention not

if u have pc which is above requirements then I belive u should atleast try it you never know it might work (fingers cross). if you don't want to waste time then go with mac

Fixed it for you. And for some, time is money.