Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

compatibility issue on lenovo y470

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-One
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
vjbadboy 8:24 PM - 6 June, 2012
whenever i install rane & scratch live on my lenovo y470, my whole set up including starting windows & run programs starts to hang! my laptop becomes abnormal, is there any incompatible issues on lenovo?
my lenovo is brand new but i cant get it back, only it has a warranty which incompatibility issues with serato is not covered.

i spend $3,500 for rane61 and lenovo but i didnt know if theres an issue on both of them?

pls. help thanks!

vjbadboy 8:26 PM - 6 June, 2012
pls. help thanks!
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:46 PM - 6 June, 2012
There is no known issues with installing SSL on any computer.
If simply installing SSL is making Windows start up slow or your Windows OS in general I would suggest getting your computer looked at.
If SSL isn't open it shouldn't interfere with your computer at all.
vjbadboy 5:08 AM - 7 June, 2012
i try to re install the ssl & rane asio in my lenovo & it becomes normal, i did it 3 times so there is no problem with lenovo. also the lenovo staff installing diff kinds of program then they show me its normal, only when serato or i think the rane 61 asio driver has a conflick on lenovo.

i try to install ssl and rane on my wife's asus laptop but there is no problem.

only between lenovo & ssl or rane asio has an incompatibility i think.
vjbadboy 6:00 AM - 7 June, 2012
by the way my lenovo is i7 2nd gen & my asus is core2duo only,

maybe i7 is not yet completely compatible with ssl or rane?
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:41 PM - 7 June, 2012
I'm sorry.. I'm not understanding your previous response.

Is everything ok now?
If not, what is the current issue?
Please be as specific as possible.

There is no known issues with an i7 when using it with a Sixty-One mixer.
vjbadboy 6:04 PM - 7 June, 2012
ok. heres the issue...

whenever we install ssl & rane61 on lenovo y470 it becomes abnormal,
but when we uninstall ssl & rane61 it becomes normal.

the lenovo staff said that lenovo y470 is not compatible on either ssl or rane 61 driver or quicktime.

they said i cant give back the laptop only on incompatibility issue because the warranty covers only on damage software & hardware.

my fault is that i should have installed it to any compatible high end laptop before buying.
so thats the problem now.

hope u understand thanks!
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:22 PM - 7 June, 2012
I've never heard of any PC not being compatible with Scratch Live, any newer Rane devices (SL2, SL3, SL4, Sixty Eight, Sixty-One, or Sixty-Two), and especially Quicktime?

I don't think you've got the correct info from whoever you spoke to.

Can you describe "abnormal"?
vjbadboy 6:19 AM - 8 June, 2012
ok abnormal is like whenever you run exe it will hang, when you turn off it will hang, when you open windows it will hang.

but when we un install the ssl and rane asio driver and quicktime, all the programs run very quick and easy without any hang. i did it once and i go to lenovo office and the officials did it twice, so we uninstall it 3 times. they have proven it that it is not compatible.

lenovo y470 is i7 2nd gen with a built in 2gb videographics and has an 8gb ddr3.

i have no doubt on ssl or rane on windows because some of my friends is using windows on ssl and has no problem also in my asus it has no problem, only on this new lenovo technology.
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:29 PM - 8 June, 2012
I'm guessing the issue is with your video cards not having the correct drivers which is causing a compatibility issue with Quicktime.

If the support staff at Lenovo can't get you up and running I suppose you should just not use that computer with SSL.
I'm still very skeptical on the machine "not being compatible".
vjbadboy 6:43 PM - 9 June, 2012
ok thank u very much.

i think i should buy a macbook pro i7 md314
where quicktime is an apple software & it should be compatible.

hope there aint any issue on that notebook.

pls. advice if there will be issues so that i can try first before buying.

atleast now i've learn that..

"powerful laptop isnt enough to make things better!, but compatibility can makes us do the best.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:52 PM - 12 June, 2012
I highly suggest Macs vs. PCs.

I have an i7 Macbook Pro and its a dream:)

There are no current compatibility issues with Macs.

Get one.. you'll love it!
vjbadboy 5:05 PM - 12 June, 2012
thanks for the advice!
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:37 PM - 12 June, 2012
Anytime!