DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Denon SC-3900 Serato switches from relative to internal mode @ about 2:00

theedjrisk 3:45 AM - 21 May, 2012
Occasionally while I am using Serato and my Denon SC-3900's Serato will change from Relative mode to Internal mode at about the 2 minute mark. It only happens once and awhile but it is annoying. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks!
Tim
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:49 AM - 21 May, 2012
The only thing you can do once in a while is to press cue so it reset the timer again

There is thread in the DJ discussion on how to map the sync button on the sc3900 to reset the timer
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:51 AM - 21 May, 2012
5:49 PM, 21 May 2012
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
theedjrisk 9:52 PM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
The only thing you can do once in a while is to press cue so it reset the timer again

There is thread in the DJ discussion on how to map the sync button on the sc3900 to reset the timer

Any idea where? I can't find it.. Thanks
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:49 PM - 23 May, 2012
Contributed by DJkom

Quote:
Yes just add these lines at the end the midi xml file provided by Denon:

Quote:
So, you know how SSL goes to internal mode after 15 minutes automatically with the 3900s?
Well, i heard there was a way to map an unused button to go back to relative mode. What would be the new line if I'd like to change the "Serato library" function to be relative mode? thanks!

Here are my lines for Relative Mode mapping to Bpm Sync button:

<Control name="Relative Mode Button A" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="107" />
<Control name="Relative Mode Button B" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="107" />

The mapping to "Serato libray" (aka Display button) should be:

<Control name="Relative Mode Button A" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="22" />
<Control name="Relative Mode Button B" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="22" />

Quote:

<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A0" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="23" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A1" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="24" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A2" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="25" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A3" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="32" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B0" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="23" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B1" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="24" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B2" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="25" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B3" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="32" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />

Make sure that the Modifier 2 is well set, verifiy these lines in the begin of the midi xml file:
<Modifier name="Shift Modifier 2" event_type="Note On" channel="5" control="26" />
<Modifier name="Shift Modifier 2" event_type="Note On" channel="6" control="26" />
theedjrisk 3:00 AM - 24 May, 2012
Quote:
Contributed by DJkom

Quote:

Quote:
So, you know how SSL goes to internal mode after 15 minutes automatically with the 3900s?
Well, i heard there was a way to map an unused button to go back to relative mode. What would be the new line if I'd like to change the "Serato library" function to be relative mode? thanks!

Here are my lines for Relative Mode mapping to Bpm Sync button:

<Control name="Relative Mode Button A" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="107" />
<Control name="Relative Mode Button B" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="107" />

The mapping to "Serato libray" (aka Display button) should be:

<Control name="Relative Mode Button A" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="22" />
<Control name="Relative Mode Button B" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="22" />

Quote:

<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A0" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="23" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A1" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="24" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A2" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="25" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A3" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="32" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B0" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="23" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B1" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="24" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B2" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="25" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B3" channel="6" event_type="Note On" control="32" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />

Make sure that the Modifier 2 is well set, verifiy these lines in the begin of the midi xml file:
<Modifier name="Shift Modifier 2" event_type="Note On" channel="5" control="26" />
<Modifier name="Shift Modifier 2" event_type="Note On" channel="6" control="26" />

Thanks for finding that for me. Do you know how to set a cue point from the deck? Silvio posted pushing BPM Sync + the cue button on the deck at the same time but that didn't work for me.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:52 PM - 24 May, 2012
I guess you havent installed the SC3900 MAP for Serato?
If not download the file from the link below.

It has instruction to where to put the file.

usa.d-mpro.com

Actually before you install it add those commands i posted earlier into the xml file and then load it.

To set a cue point on the sc3900 is just to press any of the Hot Cues. Nothing else.
theedjrisk 12:44 AM - 25 May, 2012
Quote:
I guess you havent installed the SC3900 MAP for Serato?
If not download the file from the link below.

It has instruction to where to put the file.

usa.d-mpro.com

Actually before you install it add those commands i posted earlier into the xml file and then load it.

To set a cue point on the sc3900 is just to press any of the Hot Cues. Nothing else.

I am using the map file provided by Denon. I will add the lines of code that you gave me but if I press a hot cue button on the deck it does nothing. It will recall cues already created but not create them. Is there something I'm missing?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:07 AM - 25 May, 2012
You can only create 4 hot cues on the SC3900 if they are empty in Serato.
Rebelguy 3:39 AM - 25 May, 2012
Quote:
Occasionally while I am using Serato and my Denon SC-3900's Serato will change from Relative mode to Internal mode at about the 2 minute mark. It only happens once and awhile but it is annoying. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks!
Tim

Use turntables....jk. yes it was a joke.
theedjrisk 3:05 AM - 28 May, 2012
Quote:

Ok I finally got this all sorted out. I do have the XML file installed correctly from Denon however when I tried to add a cue point from the deck it didn't work until I clicked the MIDI button at the top of Serato then clicked the plus next to cue 1 and pushed the 1 button on the deck. Repeat 3 more times for 2-4 and boom it worked. Then I took things a step further and mapped the start time knob to the effects knob in Serato and the shift button (next to lock on the deck) to the effects on/off button in Serato. If you use the effects in single knob mode this works perfectly. I also mapped the bpm/sync to the REL button manually so if it jumps to INT mode unexpectedly I can bounce back to REL mode on the fly. I love Serato and my 3900's more and more every time I use them!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:04 AM - 28 May, 2012
Glad you got it to work, but you did not have to assign the midi for the cues. Now you got me confused lol
theedjrisk 6:21 PM - 28 May, 2012
Quote:
Glad you got it to work, but you did not have to assign the midi for the cues. Now you got me confused lol

All of the other functions from the original map file work as they should except for creating cue points. After I assigned them they work.
J.J. 6:47 PM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:

I am using the map file provided by Denon. I will add the lines of code that you gave me but if I press a hot cue button on the deck it does nothing. It will recall cues already created but not create them. Is there something I'm missing?

In SSL, go to SETUP, then Playback. Under General:
Check Enable Hot Cues
Uncheck Playback keys use shift
Tony G777 5:07 PM - 27 September, 2012
hi im having a problem with just the right deck the auto loop doesnt work everything is working fine but auto loop pls help i love these things too much to be that upset over this lol
theedjrisk 8:31 PM - 27 September, 2012
It is not responding to the button push? You might have to remap the auto loop button, or try re-downloading the map file from Denon and starting over from scratch.

Quote:
hi im having a problem with just the right deck the auto loop doesnt work everything is working fine but auto loop pls help i love these things too much to be that upset over this lol
Tony G777 10:21 PM - 9 October, 2012
got it working thank you i mapped my sync button for an fx through serato super cool feture but it still jumps into internal mode once a blue moon
theedjrisk 2:55 AM - 10 October, 2012
Mine will go to internal mode on each side about 30 to 45 min into my set. It seems like it would be an easy fix but apparently Serato isn't interested in fixing it.

Quote:
got it working thank you i mapped my sync button for an fx through serato super cool feture but it still jumps into internal mode once a blue moon
Tony G777 9:34 PM - 11 October, 2012
ya and now i notice on my sc3900s that 2 same tracks same bpm one follows behind the other i know that i can just fix the pitch by hand and no biggie but when i got these things everything was fine and now i see the bpm always moving ever since i downloaded the new serato
theedjrisk 10:13 PM - 11 October, 2012
I've noticed it as well however I know that if you change the sensitivity in the decks presets it can be improved.

Quote:
ya and now i notice on my sc3900s that 2 same tracks same bpm one follows behind the other i know that i can just fix the pitch by hand and no biggie but when i got these things everything was fine and now i see the bpm always moving ever since i downloaded the new serato
DJ BIS 6:42 AM - 5 March, 2013
Has the mapping file for the SC3900 been updated by Denon/Serato lately, or are we still working with the same one that was referred to in the first post on this thread?

The issue with the time code running out is still there I assume?

On timecode CD's I would always loop the timecode, as long as I never hit the "cue" button I could keep playing uninterrupted. Can you do that with the hybrid mode time code?

Does hitting the cue button on the SC3900 reset the hybrid mode time code and bring it back to 0:00?
forty 8:29 AM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
On timecode CD's I would always loop the timecode, as long as I never hit the "cue" button I could keep playing uninterrupted. Can you do that with the hybrid mode time code?

No.

Quote:
Does hitting the cue button on the SC3900 reset the hybrid mode time code and bring it back to 0:00?

Yes.
DJ BIS 9:55 AM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

No.

Quote:

Yes.

Thank you. I guess I'll have to get used to hitting CUE more often now. :)
DJ Cold Medina 8:23 AM - 3 April, 2013
You can simply map the platter pulse signal to the rel button and you'll will never notice Serato go into int mode ever again while the platter is spinning.

In Denon SC3900 Midi Hybrid Mode the platter is sending a fast pulse. This pulse will switch Serato back into Rel mode so quickly you won't even notice it ever switched.

To map hit the play button first on the Denon SC3900 so the platter starts moving. Then map the rel button on Serato and it will map to the platters pulse signal.

To test this: While the platter is spinning you can manually click the int button and it will quickly switch back to rel mode.

This works on the 3900 but may not work on the 3700 because I've heard the 3700 doesn't sent a pulse signal in Midi Hybrid Mode.

Enjoy

www.denondjforums.com
J.J. 7:08 PM - 3 April, 2013
You are correct. The 3900 sends a MIDI out for the Platter in HYBRID mode. It shouldn't and will be fixed.

So you are basically assigning the REL button to every 2960 (pulses) MIDI messages every rotation. This is extremely overkill, but a nice workaround if you have a fast enough computer. I would rather have Serato fix this bug/limitation/feature already.

I say '/feature' because this was added to prevent the audio stopping in SSL when the vinyl reached 15 minutes. Especially in REL mode.
Rick Hodgkins 2:25 PM - 4 April, 2013
This is part of the reason I got rid of my 37's along with the inability to drag the platter to bend without stopping. Sometimes its better to avoid trying to make things work against their natural will.
DJ BIS 7:52 AM - 9 April, 2013
Quote:
This is part of the reason I got rid of my 37's along with the inability to drag the platter to bend without stopping.

That brings me to this point:

Not liking the fact that when you slow down the tempo the platter on the 3900 appears to have less torque going to it. That is WACK. Even at -16% pitch the motor does not drive the platter properly. Anybody else having that issue?

It gets worse if you go to the +/- 100% setting. its horrible!
J.J. 4:07 PM - 9 April, 2013
Quote:

quote]This is part of the reason I got rid of my 37's along with the inability to drag the platter to bend without stopping. Sometimes its better to avoid trying to make things work against their natural will.

Wasn't this fixed on the 3900? I've never had this problem on the 3700's because I use the Pitch Bend buttons. This method is far more accurate then putting different pressure on the platters rotating dots. But if you are coming from Vinyl like me, I see your point. Even though the platter on the Technics TT was never designed to pitch bend. But that's like telling a DJ records were not made to be scratched.

Quote:

That brings me to this point:

Not liking the fact that when you slow down the tempo the platter on the 3900 appears to have less torque going to it. That is WACK. Even at -16% pitch the motor does not drive the platter properly. Anybody else having that issue?

It gets worse if you go to the +/- 100% setting. its horrible!

DJ BIS, I do not have a 3900 so I don't know for sure. But on a real Direct Drive turntable, when you decrease the pitch, it slows down the platter and loses torque. It is very different to scratch or release the platter at -8% or -16% then at 0%. The Denon TT was designed to mimic a real TT. Look at the Strobe Light and Platter dots on the 3900, they are accurate when you adjust the pitch.

Just out of curiosity, why would you mix at -16%? I use ±100% for tricks and doubling the beat of a slow song with a dance song. I also like to go -50% with Key On so I can get the slow down "Fatboy Slim - Funk Soul Brother" effect.
Watchwww.youtube.com
forty 1:09 AM - 10 April, 2013
Quote:
Wasn't this fixed on the 3900?

Yes it was/is.

Quote:
DJ BIS, I do not have a 3900 so I don't know for sure. But on a real Direct Drive turntable, when you decrease the pitch, it slows down the platter and loses torque. It is very different to scratch or release the platter at -8% or -16% then at 0%. The Denon TT was designed to mimic a real TT. Look at the Strobe Light and Platter dots on the 3900, they are accurate when you adjust the pitch.

Yep. I said the same thing in the other thread were this same comment was posted.
DJ BIS 4:38 AM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
This is part of the reason I got rid of my 37's along with the inability to drag the platter to bend without stopping. Sometimes its better to avoid trying to make things work against their natural will.

Wasn't this fixed on the 3900? I've never had this problem on the 3700's because I use the Pitch Bend buttons. This method is far more accurate then putting different pressure on the platters rotating dots. But if you are coming from Vinyl like me, I see your point. Even though the platter on the Technics TT was never designed to pitch bend. But that's like telling a DJ records were not made to be scratched.

Well, as a Technics guy you probably know that when you slow down the platter on even the oldest, most beat up MKII turntable, the platter slows down, but the same torque is still driving it. If you are scratching or back-cueing you just have to be mindful that when you relesease the record you have to make up for the lost speed, though torque will still be there if you have to do some heavy back-cueing, and/or pitch bending. The same is not true with the Denon unit. Oh, and I too picked it because I thought this problem had been fixed.

Quote:

I know that the Denon unit has a great motor, probably better than that of a Technics 1200, however, its digital nature I think is creating the problem. The feel is different (still close to a real turntable of course) specially when you pitch bend. Even at 0%, pitch bending forward and backward is very different. I am still trying to get used to it, but unfortunately because of the very inconsistent results I am starting to use the pitch bend buttons instead (something I did not want to do, hence why I bought a player with motororized platter that emulates my favorite turntable).

For DJ's who don't ride the pitch fader all night, pitch bending via the platter is one of the most executed activities on a turntable. We are constantly touching it, messing with it, and each one of those adjustments has to be accurate, extremely accurate. The fact that Denon did NOT keep a close watch on this specific function of the platter leaves a lot to be desired as a motorized digital turntable. :(

The price is the only selling point and the only thing that kept me from going back to pioneer. OH, if only Numark would have improved on their CDX unit...!!! *sigh*

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, why would you mix at -16%? I use ±100% for tricks and doubling the beat of a slow song with a dance song. I also like to go -50% with Key On so I can get the slow down "Fatboy Slim - Funk Soul Brother" effect.
Watchwww.youtube.com

Why do I mix at -/+16%? I guess, mostly out of necessity. I am always running out of range on the pitch faders, so I quickly have to hit the range button to bump it up a bit (to 16%). I try to reset back to 10% as soon as I can so that I can gain the extra accuracy, but sometimes I forget.

Extremely high/low percentages are indeed used for crazy stuff, FX, intros, outros, etc.... but when you are operating in those ranges you are basically left with a fairly useless platter (scratch/bend at your own risk). I don't expect the player to perform flawlessly at those extremes, but at +/-16% it should IMO.
DJ BIS 4:38 AM - 1 May, 2013
I screwed up the first quote above.... my fault.
forty 8:28 AM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
The feel is different (still close to a real turntable of course) specially when you pitch bend. Even at 0%, pitch bending forward and backward is very different.

Well it will never be identical due to the platter size. TBH, this is probably what you're experiencing. It's 9" compared to 12".

For me, the pitch bending via the platter is the same as on a 1200 once you realise you're on a slightly smaller platter.

Quote:
I am still trying to get used to it, but unfortunately because of the very inconsistent results I am starting to use the pitch bend buttons instead (something I did not want to do, hence why I bought a player with motororized platter that emulates my favorite turntable).

TBH, the pitch bend will ALWAYS yield a more accurate bend as you mentioned yourself. Even when I'm on my 1200's (90% of the time) I use pitch bend buttons. I have mapped bend up/down for each deck to buttons on my X1. If for some reason I don't have it one me, I use the KB shortcut in Serato. For fine bends on long mixes at high tempos, it can not be beat, no matter how fine a touch you have with the platter.

Quote:
For DJ's who don't ride the pitch fader all night, pitch bending via the platter is one of the most executed activities on a turntable. We are constantly touching it, messing with it, and each one of those adjustments has to be accurate, extremely accurate. The fact that Denon did NOT keep a close watch on this specific function of the platter leaves a lot to be desired as a motorized digital turntable. :(

I think they did keep a close eye on it and GREATLY improved on the 3700. It's virtually the same to a 1200 and this is coming from someone who has been using them for nearly 20 years.

Just give it a little bit, and you'll be right at home. I got used to it within about 10 mins personally, but then again I've always been able to jump on different setups and get accustomed fairly quick.

The other thing to mention, is the 3900 doesn't seem to suffer from wow & flutter like a 1200. It must be there, but I think the fact that it uses a digital pitch must help it being more stable. If you watch the percentage readout in SSL, it doesn't move. VERY stable.
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:20 AM - 31 July, 2014
Hey guys,

I am just trying to get up to speed with this issue here.

Are you experiencing it using the mapping provided here: serato.com and using a control CD?

OR are you experiencing it when using Denons Hybrid MIDI mode?
theedjrisk 12:26 PM - 31 July, 2014
Denons Hybrid MIDI mode.

Quote:
Hey guys,

I am just trying to get up to speed with this issue here.

Are you experiencing it using the mapping provided here: serato.com and using a control CD?

OR are you experiencing it when using Denons Hybrid MIDI mode?
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:26 PM - 31 July, 2014
You probably won't get any help from serato about the hybrid mode as its not supported by themm denon just pulled a fast one and included it on their own
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:36 AM - 1 August, 2014
Hey guys,

As Dj Sparky mentions - the hybrid mode was developed by Denon, we don't officially support this device using that mode. I'd still be keen to know more about the problem just to be sure there isn't something we can do.

Is it that in hybrid mode, it emulates the control signal but after 2 minutes that signal runs out?
theedjrisk 2:50 AM - 1 August, 2014
Martin,

First I would like to (thank you!!!!!!!) for even revisiting this post as I know it is kinda old.
After spinning with my Denon SC3900's for some time now I can elaborate on this problem in more detail and it happens every single time that I work (every week).
What happens is that when I am about 5 to 10 songs into my set each deck (In SSL) will flip into internal mode by itself. Typically it is not an issue unless I don't notice it and start messing with the pitch on the effected deck. After I finish playing the track I simply click REL and it is fine for the rest of the night. It happens to one side then a few minutes later the other (in SSL). I know the timecode that comes out of the 3900 is unique and a small part of me believes that this glitch is Serato's way of giving Denon the middle finger lol.
When I first wrote this post I thought the 2 min mark had some significance but after spending more time with my decks and SSL I've noticed the time is really random.
I also know to expect it without being freaked out. Now it's more of an inconvenience than anything. Overall I am extremely happy with the combination and it is ROCK SOLID!
My biggest wish would be for the Denon SC 3900's & 2900's to be native in Serato DJ since SSL is not being advanced anymore. Thanks again for your time and help.

Quote:
Hey guys,

As Dj Sparky mentions - the hybrid mode was developed by Denon, we don't officially support this device using that mode. I'd still be keen to know more about the problem just to be sure there isn't something we can do.

Is it that in hybrid mode, it emulates the control signal but after 2 minutes that signal runs out?
theedjrisk 2:59 AM - 1 August, 2014
One other side note. I know the timecode is still playing when it happens because at home I've clicked REL right after it happens and the song still plays. At the club I leave it in INT just because I know it won't stop.
J.J. 3:32 PM - 1 August, 2014
Serato added a feature so when a CD or Vinyl reached the end of the track before 15 minutes, it would go into INTernal mode and their wouldn't be silence.

When you let Denon's Serato Hybrid Mode signal play for 15 minutes, SSL will also go into internal model. It would be nice if Serato added a check to disable this feature.

I believe if you hit CUE on the Denon, it will reset the signal to 00:00. This will repeat the vicious cycle at 15 minutes and keep turning SSL into INTernal mode.

Quote:
You probably won't get any help from serato about the hybrid mode as its not supported by themm denon just pulled a fast one and included it on their own

How can they pull a fast one if Serato gave them that signal?
dj_soo 11:59 PM - 1 August, 2014
Quote:
How can they pull a fast one if Serato gave them that signal?

i think it's because serato didn't give them the signal or didn't give them the rights to produce the signal (since the signal is easily downloadable).
J.J. 12:13 AM - 2 August, 2014
They had to have given them the loop signal because it's different than the CD and Vinyl version. Plus Silvio said Serato would not Natively Support the 3700 like the DN-HC4500, but "here is a custom signal you can use".
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:31 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
They had to have given them the loop signal because it's different than the CD and Vinyl version. Plus Silvio said Serato would not Natively Support the 3700 like the DN-HC4500, but "here is a custom signal you can use".

Hi J.J,

Where did you read this? How do you know that the signal is different?

@theedjrisk

Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation so I can understand better. So if J.J is correct, the time is not completely random, it is always 15 minutes from when you first pressed play? Which as he mentions is not a bug - its an option/safety feature we provide. It just happens to be an inconvenience for this device it seems.

Have you guys ever tried creating a manual loop of the time code to see if that gets around the issue? Unfortunately I don't have a SC3900 here to test this myself.
DJ Todd Anthony 8:10 PM - 13 August, 2014
Can their be an added option to disable the safety feature of switching from relative to internal mode. I tested playback in the new SDJ 1.7 beta build and it still goes internal within 15 mins. I noticed this was mentioned above and would benefit several users.
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:16 AM - 14 August, 2014
No, we don't plan to add this option for a controller we do not officially support.
DJ Todd Anthony 6:09 AM - 14 August, 2014
Ok can you explain this for me. I "think" I see a possible bug. SDJ playing in relative mode switched to internal. Using SC3900's I touch the still platter forward the track stops playing jumps back to beginning of track. This is not a controller issue since it's just the 1k tone. Say I walk away, SDJ switched to internal, I touch the platter and music stops. Could be a turntable for all that matters its just the tone.

I tried internal mode itself, pressed play, moved still platter forward music stops. With a vinyl should get same result... Is this normal?
DJ Todd Anthony 6:25 AM - 14 August, 2014
All this is because the switch to internal that won't be an option this never happened in SSL. I need to rephrase and correct my question.

I tried internal mode itself, pressed play on computer no midi use at all, moved still platter forward music stops. With vinyl should get same result... Is this normal?
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:50 AM - 14 August, 2014
So are you using a control CD?

Quote:
With vinyl should get same result... Is this normal?

Did you try? I don't believe you would have this issue.
DJ Todd Anthony 6:08 AM - 15 August, 2014
I noticed I have firmware to upgrade, doubt it will change anything. It didn't happen on control cd, have to set up my 1200's to test vinyl. I was able to make it stutter twice. This will take some time, have other life events to take care of. Denon also should have perfected their control signal, it's always red never grey like the control cd. I know already none of its supported here.
djsubjective 8:13 PM - 24 August, 2015
Does sny one know if you can use only one sc3900 with a pioneer srt 900 without the powered usb hub and it will work...im trying to go to smaller gigs with just one cd or turntable
raedonquan 8:29 PM - 24 August, 2015
Very simple folks denon was pointing fingers at serato.... and serato was pointing fingers at denon... who gets shafted the customer.It would have spiked the price of the units......
How come denon never made the mc6000 a native contoller for serato

Now denon is second guessing that decision... now the new mc6000 mk2 is sdj ready. .. since the platter hack for the mc6000 came out... the denon folks were surprises at that one..

Now we have a denon serato box... and the mc4000....

DenonTries to fight the serato pull... got spanked when the pioneer units came out...

How many more pionner units sold over the denon....