DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJs Needed For Internet Radio Station

djreece1 2:16 AM - 19 April, 2012
Looking for DJs on the former XM Satellite Radio's 67 The City. The station is now online 24/7. Visit www.67thecity.com for more info!

Twitter: @IAmDJReece
DJRUDEBOYY 5:06 AM - 19 April, 2012
how do i get on !
djreece1 10:18 AM - 22 April, 2012
Do you have a demo mix?
Dj Nyce 4:44 AM - 23 April, 2012
DJ Reece, i sent you an email
DTHUSTLA 11:48 AM - 23 April, 2012
How do I get on? And yes I have plenty of mixes www.blackicemovementz.blogspot.com
DJ Remy USA 4:04 PM - 23 April, 2012
I'm down and yes I have mixes as well. Where do I audition or sign up
phonze 4:45 PM - 23 April, 2012
Go to www.67thecity.com, go to the contact info section and send an email. I was able to get in touch with them.
djreece1 7:28 PM - 23 April, 2012
Cool everybody just email thecity67@gmail.com if you haven't already
Frankie Glasses 9:07 PM - 23 April, 2012
is the format just current hip hop?
ced_so_thoed 9:20 PM - 23 April, 2012
ay
I might send a mix as well
yep
djreece1 12:31 AM - 25 April, 2012
Format is Hip Hop and R&B but you can go out the box with it! Email thecity67@gmail.com for more information
DJ Rocky Jr 4:22 AM - 1 May, 2012
I have sent you an email. Sounds pretty GREAT! I'm sure you got a huge response.
DTHUSTLA 6:09 AM - 2 May, 2012
I will be ready for next week...
DTweed 4:43 PM - 2 May, 2012
Reece is this live format or submitting mixes?
djreece1 3:29 PM - 8 May, 2012
It can be either LIVE format or submitting mixes. Whichever is easiest for you.
djreece1 3:29 PM - 8 May, 2012
Just send your Demo Mixes to thecity67@gmail.com
SL4eva 4:31 PM - 8 May, 2012
wha sort of beats are you looking for?
Ime from the uk would that matter?
djreece1 4:36 PM - 8 May, 2012
No not at all. We are looking for Hip-Hop and R&B DJs
SL4eva 4:41 PM - 8 May, 2012
Damn!! no funky and electro house then!!

Thanks anyway reece

peace!
ced_so_thoed 4:43 PM - 8 May, 2012
ay
Hey Reece what would be the schedule that you are looking for? A mix every weekday, every weekend, everyday, or certain days?
yep
HYDRO MATIC 9:11 PM - 9 May, 2012
Quote:
Just send your Demo Mixes to thecity67@gmail.com

Would soundcloud links work?
djreece1 1:20 PM - 14 May, 2012
Yes
Dj Nyce 6:28 PM - 23 July, 2012
so site is down. gmail and twitter is deleted.

i mean whatever happened to fucking common courtesy.

i'm sitting here publicizing my show and then i get texts that listeners can't hear it. check the website...godaddy placeholder. send email to contacts including the one above. no fucking response. send tweets and facebook posts/messages to contacts. no fucking response.

i take my shit seriously. i put in work to get new music and program a good show. i record the mixes every fucking week. i promote the show and the station. i'm not getting paid for this. but all i ask is a little fucking common courtesy.

i don't know what's going on with the station but the professional thing to do would be to inform me if you are pulling the plug so that i con focus my efforts elsewhere.
Papa Midnight 6:52 PM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:

i'm sitting here publicizing my show and then i get texts that listeners can't hear it. check the website...godaddy placeholder. send email to contacts including the one above. no fucking response. send tweets and facebook posts/messages to contacts. no fucking response.

i take my shit seriously. i put in work to get new music and program a good show. i record the mixes every fucking week. i promote the show and the station. i'm not getting paid for this. but all i ask is a little fucking common courtesy.

i don't know what's going on with the station but the professional thing to do would be to inform me if you are pulling the plug so that i con focus my efforts elsewhere.

int.na.tl
ced_so_thoed 7:46 PM - 23 July, 2012
ay
well shyiat... I was about to jump down but I did notice he was gone on twitter.
yep
Dj Shamann 9:21 PM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:

That's why I don't bother with these threads that pop up every week about internet radio stations, it's usually just some dude trying a thing but in way over their head.

Maybe we should come together and work out or own station, the possibilities are there if we all promo and put in the effort you just mentioned.

I have a good web host and would consider putting something up on a separate account if we had enough people, maybe everyone donates a couple of bucks a month for their own shows to keep it going (maybe 5 bucks a month or something)

Just thinking out loud
Dj Shamann 9:29 PM - 23 July, 2012
However I don't know how reliable I would be as a live server, maybe we could figure out who would be and go from there.
sixxx 9:30 PM - 23 July, 2012
"That's why I don't bother with these threads that pop up every week about internet radio stations"

/Thread
Frankie Glasses 9:33 PM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:

I stop sending in my mixes a few weeks back as i wasnt getting any response on questions that i had. Sometimes when i sent in my mix it wouldnt be played!!! (I DJ so bad jokes...)
We did take time out to make these mixes and as DJ Nyce said its just common courtesy to let us know and say hey guys the site is shutting down. Thanks for your time.
ced_so_thoed 10:20 PM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

That's why I don't bother with these threads that pop up every week about internet radio stations, it's usually just some dude trying a thing but in way over their head.

Maybe we should come together and work out or own station, the possibilities are there if we all promo and put in the effort you just mentioned.

I have a good web host and would consider putting something up on a separate account if we had enough people, maybe everyone donates a couple of bucks a month for their own shows to keep it going (maybe 5 bucks a month or something)

Just thinking out loud

ay
how much money are you needing in total?
yep
DjPHranchise 10:28 PM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I stop sending in my mixes a few weeks back as i wasnt getting any response on questions that i had. Sometimes when i sent in my mix it wouldnt be played!!! (I DJ so bad jokes...)
We did take time out to make these mixes and as DJ Nyce said its just common courtesy to let us know and say hey guys the site is shutting down. Thanks for your time.

that's really messed up...
i think there was another radio station that call 66 the mix? or something like that... that i saw on the website. Is that station still up?
ced_so_thoed 10:49 PM - 23 July, 2012
ay
66Raw.com is still up. Reece was never with them I don't think.
yep
Dj Shamann 12:16 AM - 24 July, 2012
Quote:
how much money are you needing in total?

$100 a year for the separate host account, that would give us unlimited bandwidth for uploads/downloads.

If we wanted to go all out with a .FM domain name those are $80 a year, if we went .COM instead it's like 12 bucks. If we went .COM I'd probably pay 2 or 3 years in advance (using whatever GoDaddy discount available so maybe $20-25)

Frill expenses, a decent website template are usually $50-$100 (one time fee)

The only thing we would have to figure out is making it stream capable for time slots. (I think depending on how many DJs we get, even if we had to use a separate pay upgrade to make it work, we'd probably be able to pull it off with a few dollars a month)
Dj Shamann 12:26 AM - 24 July, 2012
I'm looking into the possibilities/legalities right now, if we can't use this host I'm sure there are alternatives.
DJ1800 5:01 PM - 24 July, 2012
I agree with everyone here. I was on the site and slotted for a show weekly, pubbed my slot via Twitter,Facebook, etc... and my s**t didnt get played. He just shut down shop. I feel like a senior citizen getting scammed. (Oh well, no money out my pocket)
ced_so_thoed 6:19 PM - 24 July, 2012
ay
*chin scratching* I would be interested perhaps.
yep
ced_so_thoed 8:03 PM - 6 August, 2012
ay
from his twitter page today...
Quote:
‏@_DJReece
Follow my new radio station @66RAW

hmmmmmmmmmm
yep
Papa Midnight 11:11 PM - 6 August, 2012
So he changed his twitter and made a new "station", then still hasn't responded to other's here yet? That's pretty darn shady right there. Even Slim would be jealous.
ced_so_thoed 11:29 PM - 6 August, 2012
ay
aaaaaaaaaahhhh I see the joke there
yep
Dj Nyce 12:37 AM - 7 August, 2012
66raw.com isn't a new station. he was always a dj on there.

after the xm/sirius merger everybody from 66 raw and 67 the city got the axe. they made the online radio stations 66raw and 67thecity. not sure who was managing 67thecity but they did it very poorly.
DJDIRECT805 1:13 AM - 7 August, 2012
There is this website called mixify i am not sure if any have heard of it and its a place where you can setup events and dj live or play already recorded mixes. You can invite people and they can tune in and listen and chat live with other people or with the djs. Ive been trying to setup a show where it can happen weekly or maybe daily in the future. If anyone is interested send me a message and we can discuss about it.
Papa Midnight 1:20 AM - 7 August, 2012
Quote:
ay
aaaaaaaaaahhhh I see the joke there
yep

Glad someone caught it :P
E-T 2:23 AM - 19 November, 2012
I would love to dj at anytime. I mostly mix bass music (Drum & Bass and Dubstep) but sometimes mix house and hip hop. really love mixing with any type of music so hit me up. I have a drum & bass mix up at: soundcloud.com that you can checkout
Papa Midnight 1:02 PM - 19 November, 2012
E-T: Read the topic. This guy disappeared on people and closed up shop. Don't waste your time here.
BullsEye Radio 6:16 PM - 20 December, 2014
I am a Internet Oldies Radio station owner seeking out talent for my legally licensed professional internet radio station.
My goal is to find people that want to have fun on air and practice their talents as a professional Jock learning the way that FM radio runs without all the stringent rules that FM radio has in place.

The station has rules that need to be followed obviously , but their rules are simple and not so hard to follow that you feel like it is work.
It is alot of fun. The site has alot to offer in terms of what is on it for activities and it is state of the art.

What this position is for is 3 different styles of DJ , Blues DJ , Oldies DJ and a Country DJ , perfect for someone who loves music , has a LARGE collection of MP3's , enough to fill at least a 2 hour or 3 hour show. Maybe have some knowledge about the artist's being played to throw in some great little tidbits to the listeners.
This show would air once a week and be promoted by all staff members at their convenience.
This is a NON PAID position and to gain experience ONLY, while having fun and meeting new people from all over the world.

If you interested and want to apply you must first have :

* A good connection that is reliable to the internet
* A fast PC able to handle chat , music , messengers going to be able to deal with possible requests.
* A positive and upbeat attitude about your show
* Plenty of music to fill the time slot
* A good quality mic that doesnt sound tinny or cheap
* And the ability to be able to commit to whatever time slot agreed upon
* Be able to agree to some simple station rules regarding promo's being played , DMCA compliance rules , announcements and things of that nature.

You will get alot of exposure and alot of interaction on this site.

The intent of this message is to find good on air talent that wants to be part of a professionally run station, while having lots of fun and meeting lots of new people and learning how internet radio runs.

We will also be interested in a pre-recorded show if that is what you desire or are seeking. This would allow you to have the whole week to prepare at your leisure your show while still getting the same kind of professional station exposure we offer.

So please if you are truly interested in this , or knows someone who is . . . . send me a message here or email me at : info@bullseyeradio.com and you'll be responded to with more details and be setup for an interview with the DJ Mananger.

Thanks everyone !
BullsEye Radio 6:18 PM - 20 December, 2014
CORRECTION - Pre recorded shows No Longer needed - LIVE ONLY
Thanks !
 6 8:01 PM - 20 December, 2014
"This is a NON PAID position and to gain experience ONLY, while having fun and meeting new people from all over the world."

smh

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:25 PM - 21 December, 2014
Quote:
CORRECTION - Pre recorded shows No Longer needed - LIVE ONLY
Thanks !

Well, that makes all the difference.

Peep this...

I am a DJ who is willing to help a legally licensed professional internet radio station with getting off the ground.

My goal is to assist these stations that want to have fun on air and practice their talents as a startup Professional Internet Radio Station while learning the way that FM radio runs without all the stringent rules that FM radio has in place.

I have one rule that needs to be followed obviously , but my rule is simple and not so hard to follow that you feel like it is work.

1. Rule - Pay me.
BullsEye Radio 8:40 PM - 21 December, 2014
wow people in here are really RUDE !
I dont think I want ANYONE from here !
Your all like FCC !
Money money money money !
Very sad !
Obviously your loyalty is to the almighty dollar and you have no love for the business !
Fare thee' well ! I'm outta this forum for good !
BullsEye Radio 8:52 PM - 21 December, 2014
By the way,
I will also let my DJ friends know in the USA , as I have been in this business 30 years and have dealt with celebrity names you could only HOPE to have dealings with, not to bother with this amateur forum as all you care about is money .
I should have known better than try to participate with a company outside the USA , 99% of businesses have no respect , as proven here today with the ignorant comments your members here made !
Typical !
Good Riddens
sumoJr 9:27 PM - 21 December, 2014
yes BullsEye, its ridiculous that we ask people to spend their time and talent
and we not pay them.
we are giving them a platform to get exposure and they arent grateful to our efforts and only want money

well you tell your people and I ll let my people know
and between the two of us we should be able to shut down this forum

crazy kids and their money
its not like they have bills to pay
ScullyDJServices 10:06 PM - 21 December, 2014
#butthurt

P.S.: Good Riddance
sumoJr 1:34 AM - 22 December, 2014
#omgstilluse#omg

ps. good grief charlie brown
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:28 AM - 22 December, 2014
Did ya'll even look at the site. bullseyeoldies.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:31 AM - 23 December, 2014
Quote:
Did ya'll even look at the site. bullseyeoldies.com

Yes,

And the rest is history......
 6 6:20 PM - 23 December, 2014
This moron said,

" Obviously your loyalty is to the almighty dollar and you have no love for the business !"

keyword: business.

nm
nathans1 6:11 AM - 26 December, 2014
I am very interested and I don't need to get paid. I will happily do it for the love of the business. I would like to gain experience as an on air personality while having the opportunity to have my love of music heard by your listeners. I am not like all of the other "typical" "greedy" Americans you have come across on this site. I would like to do this for you for free, gratis, no charge!!! However I do accept donations and although you are NEVER obligated to make a donation, making a donation will help me to cover the cost of all of the high quality dj/studio tools I need in order to preform these free services for you. In addition to donations, gifts are also accepted all though you are NEVER obligated to give me gifts the gifts you give me will help me with the cost of feeding my wife and kids and pets food. Please understand that I only would like to do this because of my love for this business and give of my time and resources freely. In addition to the donations and gifts I will also sell pets that you can buy although you are NEVER obligated to buy these pets. By buying these pets you will be helping me with cost I face every time I purchase new tracks so that I can play these tracks to you for free. In addition to all of my free service I would be happy to place advertisements for your business on my radio show for just 25 cents a day. Please be informed that you are NEVER obligated to advertise on my radio show but those 25 cents a day will give me the resources that I require to tell bullseyeoldies.com to fuck off and good riddance. Leave!!! we don't want you here you arrogant stick in the mud.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:21 PM - 26 December, 2014
Wow, only 0.25 cents a day to tell bullseyeoldies.com to F*ck off....hmmm......
nathans1 5:06 PM - 26 December, 2014
Quote:
Wow, only 0.25 cents a day to tell bullseyeoldies.com to F*ck off....hmmm......

That's what they charge to advertise on their website.
BullseyeRadio 3:12 PM - 23 July, 2016
DJJohnny Eat Sh*t
I have dealt with more big names than you'll ever probably see in your worthless pitiful bedroom DJ life loser !
This forum is filled with ignorant people who have no love for the industry and that really makes me sick to my stomach , maybe you all should go to work at McDonalds or something because truly your attitude sucks and Only the money grubbing FM radio Industry would want money grubbers with pissy attitudes like you all . No decent person would want anything to do with you. Your a bunch of DJ wanna be's !
No go back to your stations and impress the only listeners you have , your pals and buddies ! I have worldwide listeners and we do 100 times better than you could ever hope for . . . .now raise yer hands . . . . .how many habve did a live show from studio A in detroit Michigans hitsville usa Motown . . . . . .come on raise em . . . . .oh wait ! We are the ONLY ones to do that excuse me !
Pathetic people !
Im outta this scab bag forum now !
DJ Ravien 3:49 PM - 23 July, 2016
Quote:

Weren't you outta here like two years ago?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:44 PM - 23 July, 2016
Wait, what? You still begging?
soul63 6:02 PM - 24 July, 2016
lol..dont know how it works stateside..but in the uk you dont get paid to dj on pirate stations nor on internet stations..if you dj on a fm pirate in london you have to pay weekly subs..and if you are on a bigger internet station if you want a primetime slot you have to have a sponsorship to do that slot..you do it for the love of the music..all above relates to playing soul.reggae..pretty sure its for the house,dnb,djs here
DJ Ravien 7:19 PM - 24 July, 2016
I wouldn't have had an issue doing it free, had I the time or love for the music he want's played. If it meant exposure etc... However, I doubt that would be the case with his internet radio station as it didn't look like it would generate many if any listeners.

My main issue was with the way he resorted childish antics when a couple of DJ's responded that they weren't interested albeit it in a sarcastic funny(Least I found it laughable) manner. He was entirely unprofessional, way worse then any remark made by the DJ's who responded. The guy is clearly a dick.

In his words "No decent person would want anything to do with you him. "
DJ Remix Detroit 11:34 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
DJJohnny Eat Sh*t
I have dealt with more big names than you'll ever probably see in your worthless pitiful bedroom DJ life loser !
This forum is filled with ignorant people who have no love for the industry and that really makes me sick to my stomach , maybe you all should go to work at McDonalds or something because truly your attitude sucks and Only the money grubbing FM radio Industry would want money grubbers with pissy attitudes like you all . No decent person would want anything to do with you. Your a bunch of DJ wanna be's !
No go back to your stations and impress the only listeners you have , your pals and buddies ! I have worldwide listeners and we do 100 times better than you could ever hope for . . . .now raise yer hands . . . . .how many habve did a live show from studio A in detroit Michigans hitsville usa Motown . . . . . .come on raise em . . . . .oh wait ! We are the ONLY ones to do that excuse me !
Pathetic people !

lol @ you holding on to your butthurtedness for 2 whole years.... ycmtsu