Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Folders as Crates

darkfade 6:41 PM - 12 April, 2012
Instead of creating crates and then dropping music into them.

I simply drag the folder from windows explorer into intro resulting in creating the folder AS a crate.

My question:

As i add new music to these folders via windows and not intro, does serato have the capability of scanning for new files added IF crate has been added via dropped folder from windows explorer on startup or do i have to drag the folder to analyze files each time i add a new file resulting in a long re-analyzing of ALL files even if i only added a few.
BRhynO 12:56 PM - 16 April, 2012
no it doesn't
you have to add the files in to intro also

but try using iTunes to store your music and let intro read your iTunes Library
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:22 PM - 8 May, 2012
Use this, it works great, code.google.com
Download SSL or itch and use their directory .....

Enjoy
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:07 AM - 9 May, 2012
Quote:

Enjoy

+100000
darkfade 4:45 AM - 17 May, 2012
Quote:

Enjoy

I can confirm that this works with Intro, and ITCH is not needed to be installed, since i use a usb stick for my music atm, i moved the .jar and the .properties file on the usb stick itself so i can bring it anywhere and sync on the move! greatest tool since sliced bread.. thanks!
healer 4:11 PM - 26 September, 2013
Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread, but can you confirm if this tool works for Serato DJ as well? I'm struggling just to get it to work (on Windows) so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:26 PM - 8 October, 2013
It does work on a pc with SDJ.
DJMN 5:04 PM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:

Hey guys!
FIrst of all, happy new year. I have to say that this topic solved a very old problem for me. Everytime I added a track, I had to synchronize everything manually. Many many thanks for the tip and also thanks to the awesome programmer who developed the code. It is working very fine with SDJ. Regards to you all folks!!
vDJ SailentMasta 2:09 PM - 17 July, 2015
wow‥. my itch just solved my 9months problem in a click on SDJ‥.
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
[b]
Hey guys![b]
FIrst of all, happy new year. I have to say that this topic solved a very old problem for me. Everytime I added a track, I had to synchronize everything manually. Many many thanks for the tip and also thanks to the awesome programmer who developed the code. It is working very fine with SDJ. Regards to you all folks!!

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
[b]
Hey guys![b]

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
[b]
Hey guys![b]
Twiggi 11:57 PM - 3 March, 2016
Thank you for this code, being a long time Dj up grading from Vir***l Dj. This tool is very handy. It works on Serato 1.8.1 just follow the instructions.
darkfade 1:09 AM - 16 March, 2016
Confirming SeratoSync functioning on Serato DJ 1.8.2