Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Smart Crate Subfolders please

DJ CAPRO 7:02 PM - 29 March, 2012
So my new method of organizing music is using smart folders to collect tracks based on the GENRE field. I find this to be the best way to organize music into subgenres as I have about 10 subgenre folders for music such as Drum & Bass, Dubstep, and Techno. A track may have several labels written in to describe how it is categorized.

The easiest way to gather these tracks into the folders that correspond to whatever subgenre they belong to is to have a Smart Crate gather it for you automatically.

Obviously it is much easier on screen real estate if you can open and close groups of related folders, and therefore I would like to see Itch be able to include Smart Crates as subfolders. Right now if you want to have dozens of Smart Folders none of them can be tucked away in a larger main folder. Please throw this on the list for the next update! Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:00 PM - 29 March, 2012
Great idea and one that I don't doubt will be added in the future :)
DJ CAPRO 1:59 AM - 30 March, 2012
Thanks, I hope so :)
DJ506 3:06 AM - 10 April, 2012
+1
benjay747 6:12 AM - 7 December, 2014
I DJ at a beach club - sunset, dinner & the party at night. Other than that, my main DJ business is private events - weddings, corporate, etc. Aside from that, my passion is hip hop, drum and bass,house, party breaks, ghetto funk, soul, funk, blah blah blah..

Please add a sub folder option for my smart crates. I have a huge list of them and need to group them together.

Thanks