Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

BUG: Transition selection, can't scroll down.

m0nster 4:07 PM - 15 December, 2007
Just like the title says, for the fader, i can only pick what i see when i expand the menu, i can't scroll down, i have tried cursor/joysticks/mousewheel/etc...Just thought i would say something.
nik39 4:23 PM - 15 December, 2007
Same goes for the video effects for me...
m0nster 4:41 PM - 15 December, 2007
yes, and i can't assign effects to mid/bass/treble etc, also, i can't only see half :(

Still a nice treat. Also, with the legen on, the effects on the right, none of them work, i've tried going thru my groups or even ruining my own button config to assign new video effects functions, but i guess it's just a demo and not suppose to work?
nobspangle 5:53 PM - 15 December, 2007
Same thing here for me except I can select the other options if I use the knobs on the 57.

m0nster, I don't think you can assign effects to the eq I think this was just in some of the original preview versions. You have to control the effects using group 5 on the mixer.
djoneswitch 1:09 AM - 16 December, 2007
I cant scroll down either to select other transitions.
Serato
Nathan H 9:19 PM - 16 December, 2007
Scrolling can only be done using the 57 in this version. After selecting group 5 in the hardware panel then clicking P1 or P2 and twisting will scroll the list of effects on left or right respectively. J1 and J2 up and down select which effect slot are being affected.

Selecting 'Deck 2' will mean that P1 and P2 select transitions instead.
m0nster 9:39 PM - 16 December, 2007
i'm talking about transitions for the fader. I figured out after going to group 5 for the p1/p2 knob effects.
nobspangle 10:39 PM - 16 December, 2007
Quote:
Serato
Nathan H 1:10 AM - 17 December, 2007
Quote:
m0nster, I don't think you can assign effects to the eq I think this was just in some of the original preview versions.

Yes. There was a prototype of this sort of thing in one of the demos. However the GUI to set it up was really messy. We are working on a (not 1.0) feature that will be even better :-)
D-Twizzle 5:33 AM - 17 December, 2007
Quote:
Scrolling can only be done using the 57 in this version. After selecting group 5 in the hardware panel then clicking P1 or P2 and twisting will scroll the list of effects on left or right respectively. J1 and J2 up and down select which effect slot are being affected.

This way works fine, just using the mouse to move the scroll bar doesn't work and I think most people are trying to use this method since they're still learning all the 57 controls.