DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 62 and Coffins?

wicked223 10:41 PM - 18 February, 2012
My 57sl fits pretty snug in my coffin and i know the 62 is bigger and wont fit in a regular 10" coffin so i was wondering which coffins currently will fit the 62 with no problems?
DJ Tino C 3:09 PM - 19 February, 2012
I'd buy a pelican case for now, and you can cut the memory foam to your liking.
DjBoozie 4:18 PM - 19 February, 2012
Buy a case that fits a 12" mixer and get some extra form pieces if the case doesn't come with them

Like these:

i1103.photobucket.com
lvmez 5:34 PM - 19 February, 2012
Or just wait a month before a case comes out for the 62.
DJ Tino C 5:44 PM - 19 February, 2012
I agree!
DeeJay Fingers 3:26 AM - 20 February, 2012
here you go :)

Watchwww.youtube.com
wicked223 12:17 AM - 22 February, 2012
Quote:
here you go :)

Watchwww.youtube.com

ya i seen this one. and that is a case for the mixer alone..not tables and mixer.....thanks tho
AVENUE 2:30 AM - 23 February, 2012
Hey Wicked, Its Ramon from agiprodj.. Nice talking to you today..
DJ Tino C 2:32 AM - 23 February, 2012
Hey Avenue, got a flight fx coming in soon from odyssey for the 62?
Dj Ace 6:17 AM - 23 February, 2012
Now I know...Ramon is DJ AVENUE ;)
AVENUE 6:29 AM - 23 February, 2012
Hey Tino... I am not here to sell boss. not part of the rule with the board. you know where to find me holla at me there...

Ace what up man.. you get the 62 yet? is so we need to talk. LOL
DJ Tino C 12:02 PM - 23 February, 2012
Will do bro! Thanks!
wicked223 2:06 PM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
Hey Wicked, Its Ramon from agiprodj.. Nice talking to you today..

whats up man....cant wait to get my 62!
Trinicapone 12:27 AM - 1 March, 2012
B4 62! www.flickr.com
Now.....
With www.flickr.com
Sen 2:45 AM - 1 March, 2012
Trinicapone 2:46 AM - 1 March, 2012

Your page is private
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 7:06 AM - 1 March, 2012
Hey can you post the make and model - i seen a video advertising that cae from AGIPRO DJ but i cant find it
Trinicapone 7:10 AM - 1 March, 2012
Here you go www.odysseygear.com
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 7:13 AM - 1 March, 2012
DISREGARD ^ lol i scrolled up
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 7:40 AM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Hey Avenue, got a flight fx coming in soon from odyssey for the 62?

can you link to this case if its diff from the oddessy one - thanks mane!
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 7:41 AM - 1 March, 2012
my bad i mean i different model than whats posted in the video
Sen 8:54 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:

Your page is private

I think I fixed it
DJ Tino C 6:04 AM - 3 March, 2012
Hey Ramon, I'm gonna hit you up next week bro. You guys in on Saturdays?
breakabreaka 7:07 AM - 6 March, 2012
I got a coffin for my gear, and had the 57sl. i had to squeeze in my 62. Its snug in there. probably a little too tight for my liking, but better tight than loose.
AVENUE 4:54 AM - 7 March, 2012
We are closed on the weekends man.. Family time..
ninos 3:53 AM - 8 March, 2012
rane 62 fits reallllly nice in the marathon cases!! mines the 10' case
imageshack.us
Kepik 8:28 AM - 15 March, 2012
Here's my 62 in a Odyssey 12MIXBL:

lockerz.com

I own a 68 as well, but looks like I may be using the 62 more often!
AVENUE 3:51 AM - 21 March, 2012
I wonder if it is going to fit my old road ready coffin. I hope so. I will find out next week when i get my sixty two z..
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 8:42 AM - 21 March, 2012
Does anyone have a good fit so far not extra tight like the on from AGIPRO - make and model
Dazel 10:31 AM - 21 March, 2012
I got the road ready RR10MIX

Fits perfect not too tight not too loose
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 11:06 AM - 21 March, 2012
Quote:

THANKS BRO!
AVENUE 3:06 PM - 21 March, 2012
thank you just hate to buy a new coffin and mixer case for it
wicked223 7:07 PM - 21 March, 2012
Quote:
thank you just hate to buy a new coffin and mixer case for it

Join the club buddy ! My turntables and mixer just sit on top of the coffin cover for now untill i can afford a new one.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:13 PM - 21 March, 2012
Quote:
I wonder if it is going to fit my old road ready coffin. I hope so. I will find out next week when i get my sixty two z..

I have a road ready coffin for cdj800 and 10 inch mixer. I had to remove the foam pad on both side of the mixer. And also found out that there is not enough room for xlr connection in the back
AVENUE 11:00 PM - 21 March, 2012
Crap really?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:11 PM - 21 March, 2012
Unless there are micro xlr available... it might fit :)
check it out
i45.servimg.com

I am using right angled Hosa cables for the cd players and 1/4 hosa booth out
AVENUE 11:16 PM - 21 March, 2012
wow that is a tight fit..
DJ Eighty 8 1:11 AM - 22 March, 2012
Rocked this case for years with my Empath and the transition to my 62 was flawless. I just removed the removable velcro strips and it fit like a charm. The hinged plate gives easy access to cables and what not with plenty of room to spare. The only upgrade I did to my case was making a metal hinged plate to replace the wooden one. I'll post some pics later.......Case: store.roadreadycases.com
Res-Q 1:28 AM - 22 March, 2012
Did anyone from Rane mention a foam cover for the 62? Like the MFC-1 they had for the 57
AVENUE 3:16 AM - 22 March, 2012
Good to know. Eighty 8

Res-Q Not sure but good question
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:06 PM - 22 March, 2012
Hey Res... there are no current plans to make an MFC-1 for the 62.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 9:24 AM - 23 March, 2012
Ok guys Bottom line which case fits the best and has clearance for normal XLRs ?
ninos 6:37 PM - 23 March, 2012
Marathon has plenty of room!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:44 PM - 23 March, 2012
You guys have to be specific when asking a single case or coffin.

My single case does have plenty of room for xlr. But my coffin , above pic, does not ;)

Soo I am waiting for a new coffin with plenty of room for xlr
DJ Tino C 11:32 PM - 29 March, 2012
Well I got my 62 Z this past Monday. I just wanna give a huge thanks to Ramon at AGIPRODJ for all of the great customer service and help. I could not be happier. Definitely use them to buy your gear. Also thanks to Wicked and Xtrodinaire for the extra push when I was a little indecisive on what to do. I love this forum!
DJ Tino C 11:41 PM - 29 March, 2012
I'm waiting for odyssey to come out with the Flight FX 2 for the mixer. I use alot of lighting to enhance my show to set myself apart from other DJs. Gotta raise the bar here in South FL somehow. Oversaturated with DJs down here!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:02 AM - 30 March, 2012
Congrats Tino!

I will send you our "extra push" fee LOL
I need to buy new coffins too.

Enjoy!
DJ Tino C 12:40 AM - 30 March, 2012
Thanks man. Bro its so funny you say that cause I am once again torn between the flight fx cases from odyssey or the diamond plated ones. Was just looking at their website. Also would you be go one solid case or individual turntable and mixer cases?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:53 AM - 30 March, 2012
One piece coffins for me since the mid 90s.

I dont like spaghetti wires anymore :). Much easier to setup.

Just looks cleaner.
DJ Tino C 1:02 AM - 30 March, 2012
Thats what I was leaning towards, mainly because of stability on an X-stand, and rolling transport. I hope that new Flight FX 3 fits the 62, plus it has a glide tray for the computer so I can mount my crane stand under one of the Technics for the sampler.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:23 AM - 30 March, 2012
I see on the oddyssey site that the mixer is a 909. I have that and the 62 is wider.

• Mixer well holds mixers with a width from 8.75" to 10.25", depth up to 14" and 3.25" tall.

62 is 10.5" wide

If you look at my pic above, i had to remove the paddings
DJ Tino C 1:55 AM - 30 March, 2012
I might have to wait for a newer case to come out. Guaranteed something will be out by summer NAMM 2012, or better yet something even newer or better. I dont see that case for a 12" mixer or I would get that and have some room left over for extra cables or fill in the gaps with pads and drop some extra usb drives in the middle of the pads.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:17 AM - 30 March, 2012
DJ Tino C 2:34 AM - 30 March, 2012
Tables.
AVENUE 4:59 AM - 30 March, 2012
Welcome man glad you love it.. I love helping you out man blessed to work at Agiprodj.com blessed to work with a great company like RANE..
DJ Tino C 5:03 AM - 30 March, 2012
Most Def! I will definitely be buying more through you guys. Very satisfied!
AVENUE 9:11 AM - 30 March, 2012
All I could ask for glad you love the service. Makes me happy man.. I get my sixty two z nearly next week.. Can't wait...
AVENUE 4:39 PM - 30 March, 2012
Quote:

Do you have room for the cables in the back?
DJ Tino C 11:04 PM - 30 March, 2012
Ramon, when you get yours, drop it in the Flight FX 3 odyssey case with the 10" mixer well. If it fits good, Holla atcha boy! Otherwise I will go with the 12" version.
AVENUE 11:53 PM - 30 March, 2012
I already have a road ready case that i used for my 57. I hope it fits.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:24 AM - 31 March, 2012
^^single case yes, coffin must remove glued on padding
AVENUE 1:04 AM - 31 March, 2012
Sweet.. I only have road ready cases for now.. If the 62 does not fit in my coffin i would have to buy a new odyssey coffin..
Dazel 8:47 AM - 31 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have room for the cables in the back?

YES !!
Dazel 8:50 AM - 31 March, 2012
If you want, I can post some details pictures tomorrow
AVENUE 12:44 PM - 31 March, 2012
Yes please
Dazel 7:57 PM - 31 March, 2012
So here a little video of the RR10MIX and Rane 62

Watchwww.youtube.com
AVENUE 8:05 PM - 31 March, 2012
THanks man.. did you take all the foam on the sides?
Dazel 8:19 PM - 31 March, 2012
yeah
Dazel 8:20 PM - 31 March, 2012
well, the extra foam that came with it
AVENUE 8:34 PM - 31 March, 2012
ok cool.. i get my mixer on the 4th. I will try it out in my coffin and then my single case.
DJ Tino C 10:40 PM - 31 March, 2012
Ramon, Would you recommend that I go with the 12" then on the flight fx 3? I'd hate to have to return the 10" or worse rip the foam out. Defeats the whole purpose. I could always add foam on a 12" worst case. Thats my mindset anyway.
AVENUE 6:27 AM - 1 April, 2012
yeah getting a 12" would not be a bad idea because like you said you could always add more foam if need be.
AVENUE 8:30 PM - 4 April, 2012
Ok just got my 62z put it in the road ready case for a 10" mixer fits fine. put it in my road ready coffin.. tight fit but it will work..
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:25 PM - 4 April, 2012
Post pics! We probably have different model road ready coffin? Do you have plenty of room for xlr?
AVENUE 4:17 AM - 5 April, 2012
I have a ton of room for XLR on both the case and the coffin.. Which i am happy about. Again the coffin is a really tight fit but it will work.. No need to spend more money. Always makes me happy..
asthmatic 4:40 AM - 5 April, 2012
Hey ave, it looks like there are vents on the side of the 62. I havent witnessed the mixer getting hot, but do u think its safe to block?
AVENUE 4:47 AM - 5 April, 2012
Good Question.. I don't think it would be a problem... Because mixer are made me be in coffins for a long time..
DJ Tino C 2:59 AM - 13 April, 2012
Can you test the fitment for me on the Odyssey Flight Fx 3 for me on the 10" with turntables in battle mode. Let me know if its tight or supertight, or if I should just go with the 12". Thanks.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:51 AM - 13 April, 2012
Sup Tino, hows the 62?
AVENUE 4:58 PM - 13 April, 2012
Tino... Go with a 12" the 10" will work just fine but the 12" will be a better fit.
DJ Tino C 4:24 PM - 14 April, 2012
@ X, I'm loving it bro. Been playing with the effects ALOT! Since I'm mainly Hip hop and reggae, the echo has been my favorite so far, but trying to get more familiar with the others like reverb and flanger. Also the robot is cool too, but I think more for a mic. Best thing I've ever bought musically! @ Ramon, I was leaning towards the 12, but if the 10 fits fine, why go with the 12? I was more concerned before about buying it and not having to send it back. Thats why I was leaning towards the 12. As long as the 10 fits the 62, wouldn't it be a better choice? I don't plan on getting a new mixer for a very long time!!!!!! LOL
DJ Barticus 4:31 PM - 14 April, 2012
what about the battle bridge? it brings the mixers to 12" wide. the appendix of the sixty two manual makes it seem like it's something you need if you go with a coffin, is it really needed though?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:17 PM - 14 April, 2012
^^
I want my cdjs err SC3900s and 62 in coffin as compact as possible.
Unfortunately my 62 does not fit in my current roadready 10 inch coffin without removing foam padding and not enough room for xlr to clear in the back.

@Tino Awesome!
Hope you know about the echo option in the Serato Setup?
Echo hold
low cut echo hold etc etc?
DJ Tino C 7:27 PM - 14 April, 2012
@ X, echo option? Fill me in! @ Barticus, Thought about going with battle tray too. I want to Flight FX case for my gigs, but I'm starting to wonder how they would hold up if they get banged up at all. I mean the real purpose of the case is to protect the gear. I also like the Diamond Plated cases from Odyssey. Could get some good lighting effects reflecting off those nicely!
wicked223 11:59 AM - 15 April, 2012
Quote:
@ X, echo option? Fill me in! @ Barticus, Thought about going with battle tray too. I want to Flight FX case for my gigs, but I'm starting to wonder how they would hold up if they get banged up at all. I mean the real purpose of the case is to protect the gear. I also like the Diamond Plated cases from Odyssey. Could get some good lighting effects reflecting off those nicely!

in serato preferences there is a effects tab and you can change the type of echo you want to use.......hold echo, LP echo etc. etc... check it out
DJ Tino C 10:35 PM - 15 April, 2012
I will Wicked. Thanks, you too X. Ok, on a side note, I tried putting my 62 in a odyssey case 10" and it fit perfect with plenty of room for XLR and other wires. So Ramon, I'm going to call you this week and order the Flight FX case with 10" in battle mode. Sorry if I have been a pain in the ass guys LOL
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 1:03 AM - 16 April, 2012
Quote:
I will Wicked. Thanks, you too X. Ok, on a side note, I tried putting my 62 in a odyssey case 10" and it fit perfect with plenty of room for XLR and other wires. So Ramon, I'm going to call you this week and order the Flight FX case with 10" in battle mode. Sorry if I have been a pain in the ass guys LOL

Whats the model #
AVENUE 3:00 PM - 16 April, 2012
Quote:

Never are buddy.. Plus ask away we are here for you guys.
DJ Tino C 1:53 AM - 17 April, 2012
Thanks bro! I was going to call you today, but tied up with shit. New homeowners insurance, doctor appt, etc. Wish I was in high school again and could just play with my 62 all day LOL. @ Kevin, honestly bro, I have no clue. I bought it off some guy off of craigslist for $30 bucks a while back just to store cables at my gigs LOL. Just happened to work out that I kept it cause I'm a music packrat. I keep all my gear!
WhattaMac 6:44 AM - 17 April, 2012
Ok, IMO the "correct" way to mount the 62 or the 68

1) Buy a mixer case/coffin for 12 inch mixer - I prefer the Odyssey because they have plenty of room for cable connections in rear
2) Buy "68 Ears" from Rane (they fit 62 & 68) - $90 OUCH!
3) Buy a pair of 10space rack rails
4) mount 68 Ears to mixer
REMOVE ALL FOAM PADDING FROM MIXER AREA OF CASE!!
5) temporarily mount rack rails to 68 Ears and measure the distance from side to side.
6 using plywood (or other) of various thickness to act as "spacers" on each side of rack rails to get the width you need from the distance side to side you measured previously.
(usually around 5/8 inch in the Odyssey cases)
7) cut the plywood/wood spacers to the length of rack rails and install (with wood/drywall screws and white glue)) to each side of mixer case walls (where the foam was that you removed earlier)
8) remove rack rails from the 68 Ears and using short 1/2 inch drywall screws mount the rack rails to the wood "spacers" that you already installed in mixer case. Be sure to measure the up/down distance of the rails so that they are even on both sides or the holes in the rack rails wont line up!
9) using 10/32 screws mount mixer in case - you are done.

Little bit of work, but IMO I don't like having my mixer just loose to flop around inside the case, also if you use Allen head 10/32 screws to bolt the mixer to the rails much more difficult for someone to "walk off" with your mixer!! I know DJ's that have had there mixer disappear at the end of the night because there mixer was just held in by foam... Rack mount it - smart move on all accounts..
DJ Barticus 8:00 AM - 17 April, 2012
^^^ nice guide

if you are handy enough to do all that, why buy a coffin at all? I just found this video for DIY road case instructions: Watchwww.youtube.com
WhattaMac 5:39 PM - 17 April, 2012
Quote:
^^^ nice guide

if you are handy enough to do all that, why buy a coffin at all? I just found this video for DIY road case instructions: Watchwww.youtube.com

Yes, I have built my own coffin before but when you account for your time and materials and tools etc. you are better off to buy one already and slightly modify it as mentioned above.
When you start buying laminate, latches/hardware/rivet gun/aluminum extrusions/ball corners/foam this stuff REALLY adds up!! I know from experience...

Besides, the guide above really doesnt require being all that handy, just some basic hand tools and screws. Your cost for the rack rails should be under $20 and the wood/screws/glue (and black paint for wood if you want it nice) should be around $10-$15...
DJ Tino C 9:15 PM - 22 April, 2012
Well first of all, let me apologize to Ramon for not ordering the case yet. I scored a major craigslist deal for my lighting setup. A Chauvet Q-spot 260, Elation Magic 260 controller, and 6 ADJ par 64 LED pro cans, Did a gig last night which helped recover some of the money I spent. Wife was bitching cause "it never ends" LOL. How much stuff do I need? HAHA Once I do get my LED Odyssey case, it will really compliment my setup. Hoping to definitely get it soon! Just for the heck of it, any guesses on what I paid for the equipment that I got?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:30 PM - 22 April, 2012
post pics of the lights. and you paid 1k?

I ordered my Coffin and i should get it by wednesday ;)
AVENUE 10:31 PM - 22 April, 2012
All good brother.. No clue what you paid..
DJ Tino C 10:42 PM - 22 April, 2012
$1300 the guy bought the stuff brand new in January. He still has 2 moving heads and 6 par cans left if anyone is interested. $500 per moving head, and you could probably get the pars for less than $100
DJ Tino C 10:53 PM - 22 April, 2012
I need to get my ADJ Vizi Spot LED, ADJ Galaxian 3D, and my other par cans programmed in the Magic 260 board. The guy had all the boxes, everything in MINT condition, and lived 5 min from my house. Also gave me DMX cables and clamps. I thought it was a pretty good deal, plus used it last night at a gig and made $500 back. :) @ X, will post asap.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:56 PM - 22 April, 2012
wow! good deal!
I am also trying to get the 4 Vizi spots. How do you like them?
AVENUE 11:00 PM - 22 April, 2012
I think i am getting 4 vizi beam 5r soon.. some puck3 unplugged and some denon 3900
DJ Tino C 11:52 PM - 22 April, 2012
I actually like it alot. I only have one, and now one Chauvet. I do like it though. I have the 22W version. Which are you getting? The one that I bought off that guy was a 60W LED. I have to admit, I was never a fan of Chauvet, but they do make some pretty nice lighting as far as moving heads go, but I'm still partial to ADJ on par cans etc. @ Ave, those are nice!!!! I saw them in action. Damn son, going all out huh? I just love the feel of real tables, haven't wanted to transition to CDJs yet. Now if they were motorized......maybe! I'd still like to see Panasonic come out with a new Technic 1200 model, with line inputs, SD card input, or USB input for MP3.
AVENUE 7:36 PM - 24 April, 2012
I got something cool that is coming tomorrow.. keep you guys posted once we have photos and video to be made soon at the website.. for the 61 and 62...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:33 PM - 24 April, 2012
Quote:
haven't wanted to transition to CDJs yet. Now if they were motorized......maybe! I'd still like to see Panasonic come out with a new Technic 1200 model, with line inputs, SD card input, or USB input for MP3.

tino check out the denon sc3900. I bought a pair
DJ Tino C 1:24 AM - 25 April, 2012
They are nice, but pricy! Also if you have the USB in the 3900, how will scratch live read it?
DJ Tino C 1:26 AM - 25 April, 2012
Ramon, what is it? You're killing me!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:47 AM - 25 April, 2012
Quote:
They are nice, but pricy! Also if you have the USB in the 3900, how will scratch live read it?

follow thread :) serato.com
AVENUE 3:32 AM - 25 April, 2012
Time will soon tell.. FYI i am getting my 3900 tomorrow or the next day.. Can't wait. Tino... As soon as we get images up I will post a video link on here.....
Dj Ace 3:35 AM - 25 April, 2012
Yeah...those Denon 3900 hundreds in a coffin with a 62 would be a super sweet setup!
AVENUE 5:11 AM - 25 April, 2012
Quote:
Yeah...those Denon 3900 hundreds in a coffin with a 62 would be a super sweet setup!

Yeah Ace I will post some photos soon. Getting some new lights soon too Blizzard Lights Flurry Q small moving heads two of them..
AVENUE 5:11 AM - 25 April, 2012
Hey Ace... "when will it stop"... LOL
Dj Ace 5:44 AM - 25 April, 2012
LOL...when the fatty lady...um...wow! I am a gear junkie for life...
AVENUE 5:55 AM - 25 April, 2012
Me too brother
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:31 PM - 25 April, 2012
Quote:

Teaser ;)

instagr.am
AVENUE 10:30 PM - 25 April, 2012
Yeah man. X_trodinaire my 3900 are coming soon.. can't wait but the teaser will be done tomorrow
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:06 AM - 26 April, 2012
Follow > serato.com Pics and vid of the coffin
DJ Tino C 5:05 AM - 27 April, 2012
Sorry X, I totally forgot to post pics. Will post this weekend.
AVENUE 5:08 AM - 27 April, 2012
Odyssey Case fitted for RANE Sixty Two you know the place to order them very soon. Prices to come soon. This is my mixer that is in the water tight case.
instagr.am

instagr.am

instagr.am

Let me know what you think?
DJ Tino C 5:17 AM - 27 April, 2012
Looks good, but I'm rolling most likely with the coffin. No pun intended. Do the make the Flight FX 3 without the laptop tray?
AVENUE 5:20 AM - 27 April, 2012
I will ask man
DJ Tino C 5:25 AM - 27 April, 2012
I have the crane stand for the laptop, so dont really need extra junk in my way or protruding. Which is why I will probably go with the 12" mixer well
asthmatic 6:32 AM - 27 April, 2012
hey ave, does that have room to store your laptop above/below the mixer?
AVENUE 7:13 AM - 27 April, 2012
It does not it really only is for the mixer plus for this kind of case you don't want to put the laptop inside that case unless you have a SSD in the laptop. Remember if it's not a SSD there is moving parts..
AVENUE 1:48 AM - 1 May, 2012
What do you guys think of the case.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 3:03 PM - 1 May, 2012
The odyssey case fits perfect - got mine last week i was worried it would be to snug but.... its just right!
AVENUE 3:25 PM - 1 May, 2012
yeah its a nice fit,
DJ Tino C 3:00 AM - 9 May, 2012
Hey Ramon, I FINALLY came to a decision on the case. Definitely going with the 12" in battle position on the Flight FX3, but dont want the model with a laptop tray. Call you soon bro.
AVENUE 2:00 AM - 11 May, 2012
Sounds good
swavek 8:26 AM - 12 May, 2012
Finally got my Zee the other day, and since I couldn't find anything on new/replacement foams for the Pelican TTM57 cases, I finally took a long blade, and whilst it's not perfect, here's what the result looks like:

www.druhslawek.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:08 PM - 12 May, 2012
^^ Swavek, it looks fine to me!
AVENUE 2:45 PM - 12 May, 2012
That all work
DJ Tino C 12:23 AM - 13 May, 2012
Yup, looks descent. Hey Ave, never got my e-mail confirmation on the case. Did it go through?
AVENUE 4:59 AM - 13 May, 2012
I will let that to you monday boss.
swavek 12:06 PM - 13 May, 2012
and one more thing: I never take my decks out of their cases, and I'm used to hang the 57 on the sides of 'em. unfortunately, with the 62, Rane's website informed me that if I place an order for The Ears, it'll get cancelled right away, and that I should contact my local distributor. based on google search - no european distributor seems to have them. but luckily, I live way out in the country, where we still do have an odd blacksmith here and there. so here's 45 min and $13 later:

www.druhslawek.com

www.druhslawek.com

www.druhslawek.com

www.druhslawek.com

admittedly, it does look its $13 and not Rane's close-to-$100, but until I can come up with something more decent, it'll have to (and will) do.

oh, and slightly off topic - and I noticed someone mentioned the Crane laptop stand. I guess y'all know that, but it is the Ferrari and Maserati of all laptop stands, so if anyone is considering getting a laptop stand, it's well worth checking out - there's nuttin out there that comes even close, especially in terms of versatility.
swavek 12:26 PM - 13 May, 2012
and whilst on the the subject of blacksmiths and laptop stands - here's the laptop stand I "designed" and had made for myself back when the phrase "laptop stand" did not even exist, neither did Serato, I was using Final Scratch (the early incarnation of today's Traktor Scratch), and bought my fist laptop.

www.druhslawek.com

until that day, by the way, the hardware setup I travelled with to gigs (often - by train !!!) was: MacMini (!), 17" Mac LCD screen (!!), Ecler HAK 360 (later 380), and that stand.

those were the days...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:48 PM - 13 May, 2012
Quote:
admittedly, it does look its $13 and not Rane's close-to-$100, but until I can come up with something more decent, it'll have to (and will) do.

Looks good to me. Its not large enough to notice it next to your decks
Good job
DJ Tino C 2:47 AM - 16 May, 2012
Ramon, I forgot to call you today for the e-mail. If you can send to me tomorrow, that would be great. Will I be able to track it from Odyssey directly?
AVENUE 2:56 PM - 16 May, 2012
Tino. Yes more then half the time with drop ships you get the item before we get the tracking number not out of the norm with company like Odyssey American Dj I will work on that today.
s3kn0tr0n1c 3:20 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
I'd buy a pelican case for now, and you can cut the memory foam to your liking.
thats how i roll.....cut to fit my 68 and laptop underneath........and if i need to use it for 62 i just put another piece of foam in.
DJ Tino C 12:48 AM - 17 May, 2012
Pelicans are the shit!!!!! We used them in the Marines. Take a major lickin and keep tickin.
s3kn0tr0n1c 8:44 AM - 21 May, 2012
Quote:
Pelicans are the shit!!!!! We used them in the Marines. Take a major lickin and keep tickin.

I use this one -

pelican.com

I get my laptop and mixer(62 or 68) in there...quality case
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:50 AM - 23 May, 2012
^ can you post pics of how you have the foam set up to hold your laptop and mixer.
s3kn0tr0n1c 7:47 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
^ can you post pics of how you have the foam set up to hold your laptop and mixer.
will do asap...no problem
DJ Tino C 3:38 AM - 26 May, 2012
Well, I got my Odyssey Flight FX case today. To be completely honest, I'm not sure if I made the right decision LOL. Holy shit is this thing heavy!!!! The case itself is nice, but I will have to mod it slightly to hold my crane laptop stand. I bought it mainly for the stability on an X stand. Only problem is getting it up there. I think my nuts are in my knees right now. One thing this case lacks also is handles on the sides. I do love the front LED panel though. Overall I really cant complain, but I think I would have gone with 3 individual cases if I had to choose again. And would go with a 10" mixer case, which should fit the new Rane 62. Worst case it will be my bedroom rig with my DJM-600 with my second set of Technics when I play my vinyl. Will most likely go and get the FFX 3 individual cases for gigs, maybe even the diamond plated ones. Those look pretty hot too! Like I said, I'm not unsatisfied with it, but man is it a bitch to haul and left onto a stand. Should be fine putting it on a folding table rig though. Thanks to Ramon @ AGIPRODJ for the help and great customer service.
AVENUE 8:33 AM - 26 May, 2012
Yeah the case with the 62 gets heavy but after you gig with it you will get use to it.. Just think of it as a xxl package from ups.. :-)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:04 PM - 26 May, 2012
i swear i told someone that the 62 fits in the 10 inch coffin cough cough

yeah missing side handles sucks! cant carry it like a suitcase.
djkrayz 10:07 PM - 26 May, 2012
im tired of carrying 1200s out to mobile gigs and setting shit up

modding my new coffin for my cdj400s that i got for dirt cheap!

added 2 xlr male output jacks, 1 usb input jack for 2nd laptop hookup, 1 xlr mic input, 1 iec plug input, built in power strip.

imageshack.us

still in progress is to add a small led strip inside the case along with power toggle switch on front of coffin.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:29 AM - 27 May, 2012
Quote:
im tired of carrying 1200s out to mobile gigs and setting shit up
modding my new coffin for my cdj400s that i got for dirt cheap!
added 2 xlr male output jacks, 1 usb input jack for 2nd laptop hookup, 1 xlr mic input, 1 iec plug input, built in power strip.
imageshack.us
still in progress is to add a small led strip inside the case along with power toggle switch on front of coffin.

Nice!
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:27 PM - 27 May, 2012
Quote:

I use the foam that came with case plus I got 2 foam sheets made to size from efoam.co.uk

First pic shows a sheet that I got made by efoam - Around 12mm thick

i50.tinypic.com

Next Pic shows Laptop - I originally cut foam (foam that came with case) to fit Laptop and power supply. If doing again Id ONLY do laptop, centred. The power plug dont fit too good so I now carry power leads/supplys separately.

i49.tinypic.com

Next goes another layer of 12mm thick foam from efoam.co.uk

i48.tinypic.com

Next is the Mixer cut out with the foam that came with case- I can also use with 62 if I use a little extra foam as 62 is narrower ;) .

i49.tinypic.com

Next pics show the cut outs for knobs and gnd posts-

i48.tinypic.com
i46.tinypic.com

Cutting the foam that comes with case is really easy as it is made with foam that is designed to be shaped to suit product. Its made of tons of little squares that can be ripped out easily.
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:49 AM - 28 May, 2012
thanks for posting those.

nice. I'll probably do something similar for my 62
s3kn0tr0n1c 8:09 AM - 28 May, 2012
Quote:
thanks for posting those.

nice. I'll probably do something similar for my 62
Your welcome.

As I said best to just do laptop and mixer and carry all leads separately.

Good luck
DJ Tino C 3:17 AM - 1 June, 2012
@ X, Yeah yeah, I know, you did tell me! Its really not a big deal. you saw the pic that I posted on Facebook the other night. It looks good, but holy shit is it heavy. We'll see about Ave being right or not. Worst case like I said is that I have a case for my room, and then buy individuals for gigs. I'll just drop by Pioneer DJM-600 in there later to play with all my old school vinyl for the other Technics that I have. One set for gigs, and one set for room. :) I think Ramon had this planned all along to get me to buy more stuff LOL
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:37 AM - 1 June, 2012
Umm I just bought something else today at Agiprodj <smh> lol
DJ Tino C 3:43 AM - 1 June, 2012
What did you buy?
AVENUE 6:37 AM - 3 June, 2012
Quote:
@ X, Yeah yeah, I know, you did tell me! Its really not a big deal. you saw the pic that I posted on Facebook the other night. It looks good, but holy shit is it heavy. We'll see about Ave being right or not. Worst case like I said is that I have a case for my room, and then buy individuals for gigs. I'll just drop by Pioneer DJM-600 in there later to play with all my old school vinyl for the other Technics that I have. One set for gigs, and one set for room. :) I think Ramon had this planned all along to get me to buy more stuff LOL

No plan man. I have a 12 inch well on my ffx case and I love it..
DJ Tino C 1:12 AM - 7 June, 2012
I was just busting chops Ave. I actually made it work pretty good. I do like it alot, but my only honest complaint would have to be the weight. Wife says for me to buy the individual cases in the Flight FX cases, but we'll see. I'll do a few more gigs and see how it works out, then go from there. Thanks again for all the help with everything though.
AVENUE 11:09 AM - 12 June, 2012
Welcome...
luis_f_ruiz 4:10 PM - 20 June, 2012
Marathon makes a case for the Rane Sixty Two mixer. They also make one for the Sixty One.
www.marathonpro.com
www.marathonpro.com
www.marathonpro.com
ninos 1:27 AM - 22 June, 2012
the marathon 10' works great too. i have the blue one.
DJ Super Mario 5:45 PM - 9 July, 2012
I use the Odyssey 10" case. It's a snug fit, but works well.
DJ SURAJ 6:36 AM - 19 April, 2013
I think it's the moment we've all been waiting for! As luis mentioned Marathon makes a 10" case for just the Rane 62 but they also make a COFFIN specifically for this mixer:
www.marathonpro.com
ninos 7:20 AM - 20 April, 2013
I have a marathon 10" and its great! Perfect fit for the 62. That coffin in heavyyyyy and shit tho. And super bulky
DJ SURAJ 5:23 AM - 25 April, 2013
Yeah you're right ninos... screw the coffin I'm going for the 10" marathon. I talked to a couple friends with the coffin and they say they wish they went with the 10" case.. the coffin is too heavy and bulky.. you pretty much need 2 people to move it!
ninos 5:33 AM - 25 April, 2013
Yea, im very happy with going with individual cases instead of a coffin!
DJ Tino C 2:14 PM - 27 May, 2013
I bought the flight FX coffin from odyssey. Great case, but what a bitch to haul around. I should have just went individual cases. You live and you learn. Now, if I had CDJs, maybe a coffin wouldn't be so bad, but with turntables, no way!
DJ RZO 10:45 PM - 28 May, 2013
ok.... so am i correct when i say i can get the flightfx glide 10" case and it will fit my 62 and my denon 3900's with no problem? All cords fit perfect with room for my xlrs and all?
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:09 PM - 3 June, 2013
I use this one -

pelican.com

I get my laptop and mixer(62 or 68) in there...quality case
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:10 PM - 3 June, 2013
oops wrong thread/\
nemix 7:13 PM - 12 June, 2013
Fits tight in my black 10" odyssey coffin www.djkit.com)

By tight, I mean no wiggle room at all
DJ RZO 11:11 PM - 12 June, 2013
im more concerned if all the wires in the back fit comfy in a 10" coffin. I have a 62 and 2 dennon 3900's and i was thinking bout getting the odessy glide flight fx coffin
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:20 AM - 13 June, 2013
Quote:
im more concerned if all the wires in the back fit comfy in a 10" coffin. I have a 62 and 2 dennon 3900's and i was thinking bout getting the odessy glide flight fx coffin

I dont have the glide version but the 3900s and 62 fits perfect. enough room for XLRs and a power strip, I can lay down the macbook pro power supply behind the 3900s

Watchwww.youtube.com
ssookhoo 4:25 AM - 29 June, 2013
Any suggestions on a coffin that would fit 2 CDJ's 1000s and a 62? I'm trying to decide...Is it best to get a coffin that holds a 10'' mixer which would be a tight fit or should I go for a 12'' and add the extra padding?

Thanks,
DJ RZO 8:00 PM - 29 June, 2013
just got my 10" flight fx case for my denon 3900's and my rane 62 and all imma say is PERFECT FIT. plus i got it for 200 so i cant complain
ssookhoo 1:55 PM - 4 July, 2013
Marathon makes 2 coffin cases for the Rane 62 W/ CDJ's

MA-CDJ2KRN62W

MA-CDJ2KRN62WLT
DJ Tino C 3:53 AM - 20 September, 2013
DJ razor, if you have instagram, hit me up @extremeevents_djtino
DJ Tino C 3:53 AM - 20 September, 2013
DJ RZO damn spell check!
Sam Soul 9:20 PM - 27 February, 2015
Can someone confirm that the 10'' oddessey black series coffin will fit a Rane 62? I know that people are saying that it is a tight fit, but I drive a Honda Civic, my wingspan does not allow me to grip the 12'' coffin (just barely), and I would really enjoy a smaller coffin.
gfella 2:50 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
Can someone confirm that the 10'' oddessey black series coffin will fit a Rane 62? I know that people are saying that it is a tight fit, but I drive a Honda Civic, my wingspan does not allow me to grip the 12'' coffin (just barely), and I would really enjoy a smaller coffin.

Odessey FZ10mix will fit.
Believe black series are the same model.
I had the regular FZ10mix.
Gio Alex 4:37 PM - 9 March, 2015
This is why I love the Rane website. The dimensions are always there. It's not a traditional 10" it's actually 10.5".

14.25" x 10.5" x 4"

dj.rane.com

This is useful information if you want to build flush coffins. Helped me with making mine which fits my 57 and Empath. ON page 4 they give you EXACT dimensions for the empath.
www.rane.com

I ended up making this:
www.flickr.com