ITCH General Discussion

Talk about Serato ITCH software and controllers.
If you require help for your ITCH system please create a help request.

Beat Grids 2.1

DJ KeNo 5:58 PM - 12 February, 2012
So you can't turn off the beat grids in 2.1?
Papa Midnight 6:02 PM - 12 February, 2012
Quote:

Simple Sync
dj lashes 6:49 PM - 12 February, 2012
Quote:

go to the setting and change smart sync to simple sync but i think u can open do this if you have a 2 deck controller but i may be wrong so find out
DJ KeNo 3:21 AM - 14 February, 2012
Seriously, I like smart sync and I could still turn the beat grids off in 2.0. Now I guess I have to use simple sync if I don't want beat grids. It's changing little things like this that really piss me off.
phatbob 3:44 AM - 14 February, 2012
Surely smart sync relies on the grids, so without them on, how do you know if your grid is right?
MusicDan 1:11 AM - 15 February, 2012
Someone from Serato chime in. I'd like to turn off beat grids. I was trying to record a mix yesterday, and although I accomplished what I wanted, it took longer to get it right due to the beatgrids. I don't use synch and don't need the beatgrids. It's like the bpm is very different when the beatgrid is enabled.
elsupermang 1:25 AM - 15 February, 2012
i saw a checkbox for beatgrids in the offline player? Maybe just uncheck this to not have beatgrids after analyzed.
Djpr1 3:05 AM - 15 February, 2012
*On 2 deck controllers yes you can turn them off (simple sync)
*On 4 deck controllers is not available this have been discussed numerous times.
*Workaround:Uncheck beatgrids on offline player when analyzing new tracks.
*Delete beatgrids on the tracks that already have them.
Logan D 3:36 AM - 15 February, 2012
Quote:
*On 2 deck controllers yes you can turn them off (simple sync)
*On 4 deck controllers is not available this have been discussed numerous times.
*Workaround:Uncheck beatgrids on offline player when analyzing new tracks.
*Delete beatgrids on the tracks that already have them.

Yup this is true. We are currently discussing bringing back the option to disable beat-grids when using four deck controllers.
MusicDan 8:33 PM - 18 February, 2012
Why was it taken off it the first place? Wasn't that put in because of users requesting it? Was it an oversight or on purpose? Either way it seems pretty dumb...
Logan D 11:23 PM - 21 February, 2012
When you turn off 'Enable Beatgrids' it becomes Simple Sync rather than just disabling the Beatgrids. Simple Sync with four deck controllers is a bit of a nightmare so I think we were trying to avoid that. But I can definitely see the user-case for wanting to not see your beatgrids so we've taken note of this and I would imagine something will be implemented in the future to make this possible.
MusicDan 11:47 PM - 21 February, 2012
Thanks Logan...
MusicDan 11:48 PM - 21 February, 2012
Btw, I reverted to 2.0 just for that reason.
DJ KeNo 8:48 AM - 25 February, 2012
I do not use beatgrids with 2.0 and the only thing I use sync for is to keep the bpm the same on both decks when I am transitioning in tempo. I do not use sync to keep my music matched up. I know how to to DJ and can do it myself. Since I use a pair of v7's I will never be able to have 4 deck control so I don't see how "smart" sync will ever really be necessary.
Logan D 3:22 AM - 29 February, 2012
Hey DJ KeNo,

I'm not sure what you mean. If you only use it to keep the BPMs the same and don't want the Beatgrids then the way Simple Sync works for you is perfect then, no?