DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Recording EQ & Fader Movements on Mixtape with the Sixty One

Charlie 3:42 PM - 29 January, 2012
I haven't heard anything about this but want to confirm: do both the Sixty One and Sixty Two record fader and EQ movements like the 57SL when using Mixtape?
Dj Ace 9:38 PM - 30 January, 2012
Yes
nik39 11:35 PM - 4 February, 2012
Ace, got a link or reference?
WarpNote 1:00 AM - 5 February, 2012
Id like to know this as well, having trouble getting the mixtape to record both EQ, HW FX and filter from my 68. Been thinking about maybe getting the 62 as a second mixer to supplement my 68, both for home studio work with SSL & Ableton and playing out, back to back.

So, Trevor @ Rane:
1. Can I run the bridge or Ableton standalone on the 62 aux channel?
2. Will it record faders, eq, filter and hardware/software fx to mixtape .ALS from the 62 (not really working for my 68 ATM)
3. Can i sync Ableton standalone on latop B to SSL on laptop A over either usb or a network cable? Both for overlay beats and VST fx into the usb insert send/return...?

Thanks, Warp
Rane
TrevorW 6:36 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
1. Can I run the bridge or Ableton standalone on the 62 aux channel?
2. Will it record faders, eq, filter and hardware/software fx to mixtape .ALS from the 62 (not really working for my 68 ATM)
3. Can i sync Ableton standalone on latop B to SSL on laptop A over either usb or a network cable? Both for overlay beats and VST fx into the usb insert send/return...?

1. Yes, Bridge is fully supported and you can use it on Aux.

2. No, you cannot record to mixtape .ALS, Serato Scratch Live is no longer carrying Mixtape as a feature. It has been shelved until the usability issues and functional problems have been fixed.

3. Yes, just have the mixer follow SSL's BPM (which it does automatically), and have Ableton follow the mixer's MIDI beat clock.

Keep in mind that the mixer is always outputting MIDI traffic for all controls, so it is possible to record that information along with audio using non Serato software and the Rane CoreAudio/ASIO drivers.
WarpNote 6:58 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
2. No, you cannot record to mixtape .ALS, Serato Scratch Live is no longer carrying Mixtape as a feature. It has been shelved until the usability issues and functional problems have been fixed.

Does this mean the mixtape function is shelved for all Rane interfaces?
If so, whats the preferred SSL & Ableton versions for full mixtape .als recording functionality with the 68 and 57?
phatbob 7:02 PM - 6 February, 2012
That's pretty big news, TrevorW, and the first I think any users have heard about it.

Care to elaborate a little?
XRM5 9:21 PM - 6 February, 2012
The worst news always shows up the slowest & barely at all when it does.
I agree this is huge. Really disappointing.
Half of The Bridge is broken?
Code:E 9:44 PM - 6 February, 2012
WOW, this is really disappointing to hear.
Quote:

I though this was a BIg feature for alot of bridge user's? I was just about to go borrow my buddys TM57 to record a mix. What issues are being had? I hear the 68 always had issues, but i though that was just the 68. does mixtape not work with the 57? I use the bridge and have toyed with mixtape but since i dont own a rane mixer and most likely never will mix tape was lost on me. I was really hoping to hear that mixtape was finally going to be expanded to include other MIDI mixers which are far more commonly used. Like the DJM 800/900/2000. Also I use CDJ2000's over MIDI and it would be great if mixtape recoded MID controls from it.
Serato/Ableton, get on it, The bridge should have solidified your postion as the industry standard DVS/Controller Software, since its release i have not seen any feature update's, or advancement, WHY? Traktor and the machine are looking more and more appealing every day. If traktor added support for video mixing, I would have a hard time staying with SSL.

Can we get some confirmation that the bridge is being worked on for expansion? or is it just gonna stay where it is at now?
Audio1 10:11 PM - 6 February, 2012
WOW!
Kepik 10:24 PM - 6 February, 2012
I see they omitted the Mixtape feature on the 61 & 62 page:

rane.com
rane.com
citi 10:26 PM - 6 February, 2012
The mixtape fader movements work on the 57. So for clarification:

1. The 61, 62, 68 will not be getting these features when they (61,62) are realeased?
2. The 57 will LOSE these features in subsequent updates?

I REALLY need to understand this.
WarpNote 10:26 PM - 6 February, 2012
Fader movements work on my 68, but not filter and eq.
Nicky Blunt 10:27 PM - 6 February, 2012
Yah I have to say this raises huge buyers doubt as to if i even need this mixer now. I mean £1200 is a seriously expensive mixer & to find out that you have shelved pretty much the largest reason for me to buy it. I would like to hear some more details on the plans for the bridge now before i spend my hard earned cash on this mixer. Because I dont want to buy something this expensive in the hope that you may eventually bring that feature back. I'm very unlikely to buy this now until some form of confirmation appears.
Code:E 10:29 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Because I dont want to buy something this expensive in the hope that you may eventually bring that feature back. I'm very unlikely to buy this now until some form of confirmation appears.

Serato has been very bad about "eventually" bringing back features or updating there product. so dont hold your breath on it. it could be 3 years or more away.
aireyc 10:33 PM - 6 February, 2012
WOW talk about disappointing. More like pissed. I was going to purchase a DJM-900 for the 4 channels (don't care for the sixty-eight) but weighed the necessity of that vs. Mixtape support and decided on waiting for the 57 replacement. Now this... even if I cancel the 62 pre-order I still will have waited 6 months for no reason. Serato you better step your game up with this BS.
Nicky Blunt 10:34 PM - 6 February, 2012
They really need to clarify exactly whats happening with this.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:41 PM - 6 February, 2012
if you ask me serato have too much on their plate with all their new ventures and the flagship ssl is suffering,

their focus seems to be on their new controllers these days as their the ones that are bringin home the bacon, i wouldn't be suprised if were charged for updates in the near future
djdannyd 10:42 PM - 6 February, 2012
Mixtape is a feature that I can live without "for the time being". As long as I can still use the sixty two with Serato Video, mapping of the faders e.t.c.
BattleFunk 10:45 PM - 6 February, 2012
So let me get this straight

Serato sold the TTM57 as 'The mixtape DJs Dream' when it first came out, didnt implement the feature for 4 years, then added the function if you bought Ableton Live for a further £400, then 2 years later are removing the feature again?

I might be a little off on the exact timing of all of these, but in a roundabout way, this is what has happened?

Could this have something to do with the largely rumoured Live 9 about to be released and the fact Ableton has spent 3 years fixing bugs with Live 8? ie; they don't want all the extra shit to fix this time around?
aireyc 10:59 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Keep in mind that the mixer is always outputting MIDI traffic for all controls, so it is possible to record that information along with audio using non Serato software and the Rane CoreAudio/ASIO drivers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying with the 62 it would be possible to essentially record your mix with fader/eq and audio in practically any DAW? In other words I could be playing a set with only CDJs or regular vinyl and then output that entire mix and its parts to Ableton or Logic or whatever? It's basically a manual mixtape of sorts that bypasses SSL, it just wouldn't have BPM unless laptop A were using SSL.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:06 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying with the 62 it would be possible to essentially record your mix with fader/eq and audio in practically any DAW? In other words I could be playing a set with only CDJs or regular vinyl and then output that entire mix and its parts to Ableton or Logic or whatever? It's basically a manual mixtape of sorts that bypasses SSL, it just wouldn't have BPM unless laptop A were using SSL.

from the info available so far what I gather is that you can either use the mixer with serato and have no midi options in your DAW till serato unlock this,
or you can use the 62 as a audio mixer without serato and get all the midi options available
WarpNote 11:08 PM - 6 February, 2012
For the dual usb 62 and 68 mixers I guess, for 57 and 61 probably not....
aireyc 11:09 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
from the info available so far what I gather is that you can either use the mixer with serato and have no midi options in your DAW till serato unlock this,
or you can use the 62 as a audio mixer without serato and get all the midi options available

Unless you used Serato on laptop A and the DAW on laptop B via the Rane drivers, right?
Nicky Blunt 11:13 PM - 6 February, 2012
again only on the 62 or the 68
aireyc 11:14 PM - 6 February, 2012
Yeah I know.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:31 PM - 6 February, 2012
i thought i read somewhere that you cannot use both rane drivers and core audio even using the two usb's? i thought it was either one or another, correct me if i'm wrong
WarpNote 11:42 PM - 6 February, 2012
At least for the 68 you are wrong Sparky. However its not very stable.
For the 62, I have no idea.
eder 1:03 AM - 7 February, 2012
So instead of the Bridge working like this: farm4.staticflickr.com

It's now working like this:
newsimg.bbc.co.uk

Good to know...
djdannyd 1:11 AM - 7 February, 2012
Id love to hear from a Serato or Ableton mod right about NOW!
Dj Ace 1:26 AM - 7 February, 2012
me too...
bicedidit 2:11 AM - 7 February, 2012
im running 2.1.1 with the 57 and i just recently bought ableton for mixtape purposes.
does this mean i can never update to a newer version?
SiRocket 2:33 AM - 7 February, 2012
Wow... if this is the case... its total bullshit... this is why i try not to buy into these "unique" features, because they will probably disappear, or be forgotten... I strictly bought Live 8 and a 57 for the mixtape purposes, and after having some fun with the 61 and 62 at namm, i have gone ahead and purchased (not pre-ordered) a 62z... (there are no refunds for deposits from my retail contact) and i paid in full..

So now i have a mixer that is useless to me??

Someone better chime in here and get shit straight.....
SiRocket 2:34 AM - 7 February, 2012
*i label it useless to me for the fact that the 62 was bought for my studio, while the 57 will be used out for gigs (if needed)...
Serato
Brigid 4:26 AM - 7 February, 2012
Hey guys, thought I'd pop my head into this thread.

It's great to get your feedback on mixtape + the 61/62. Don't panic just yet - we're going to have some internal discussion about this, and we'll update you all soon.
djdannyd 4:34 AM - 7 February, 2012
Thanks for chiming in Brigid (btw, it was nice meeting you at NAMM). Internal discussions won't do any good to us that actually use mix tape. I just wish that it is not left out, specially with these new kick ass mixers from Rane.
Serato
Brigid 4:37 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
Internal discussions won't do any good to us that actually use mix tape.

I hope they will be of use to you, as we will be talking about Mixtape!

Nice to meet you too mayne :D
Dj Ace 4:41 AM - 7 February, 2012
Sounds good Brigid...very nice hanging out with as well and thanks for the awesome 1 on 1 twitch demo! Just picked it up last weekend, and love it!
Serato
Brigid 4:49 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
Sounds good Brigid...very nice hanging out with as well and thanks for the awesome 1 on 1 twitch demo! Just picked it up last weekend, and love it!

Great news Ace! Glad to hear you like it. Was rad to hang for sure :)
SiRocket 4:53 AM - 7 February, 2012
appreciate the chime in here and twitter, thanks brigid. I have some hope i guess -_-
HYDRO MATIC 3:58 PM - 7 February, 2012
Ive been putting in TONS of HOURS learning ableton more and more just for this...Id rather have it broken than not at all!

If its an loss of EQs And Filter bieng recorded fine...atleast keep my fader automations...

NOT saying that this would be Ideal but atleast the operations core function would still remain until its dialed in...hell call it a "long term open beta".
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:31 PM - 7 February, 2012
how well does it record fast scratching like crabs with the crossfader, does it struggle to record real fast movement or something?
HYDRO MATIC 5:21 PM - 7 February, 2012
Sparky Ive always been trying to use it to get rough ideas or club sets down to edit and learn from later as far as the mixtape function...let me get to the laptop and open to check a cut session.
The Version Suicides 5:26 PM - 7 February, 2012
This is a big deal.

Most of the djs I know that use The Bridge use it for Mixtape and pretty much ONLY Mixtape.
canicypher 8:04 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
Most of the djs I know that use The Bridge use it for Mixtape and pretty much ONLY Mixtape.

Yep...that's why i was going to get it..
SiRocket 8:05 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
how well does it record fast scratching like crabs with the crossfader, does it struggle to record real fast movement or something?

Works great for me... only issue i had was when i had 2.3.3 going and had my vfx1 plugged in... after i unplugged that and did another recording session, the crossfader recording was on point.
nik39 8:57 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:

It can't deal with fast fader movements. Sometimes crabs etc. are simply ignored. Sometimes they are not on time.

For blending etc. it is totally fine and sufficient.
SiRocket 9:48 PM - 7 February, 2012
my two clicks, crabs, and other "clicks" sound natural on my latest podcast which i used bridge/mixtape for -> droppingneedles.com

Recorded over 20+ live sessions for mixtape.. The only time i had issues was as mentioned earlier....

"Works great for me... only issue i had was when i had 2.3.3 going and had my vfx1 plugged in... after i unplugged that and did another recording session, the crossfader recording was on point."
nik39 9:56 PM - 7 February, 2012
I can provide you sample .als where the original output from the mixer shows that there were scratches and clicks involved, but on the rendered Ableton output ... there is just an open fader. You can even see that the events have not been recorded accordingly.

I can't say that this happens everytime, but it happens often enough.
citi 10:17 PM - 7 February, 2012
@nik39 - That jusr means your hands are too fast. Us slow scratchers don't have that problem. :-) Click Click Open
nik39 10:17 PM - 7 February, 2012
Don't think so ;)

But yes... if you just blend, then you won't experience any of these issues at all.
Daktyl 9:11 PM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:

i've had the same experience as nik39... with smooth blending or slower cuts, the fader automation is on point. with faster stuff like crabs or even quick, repeated stabs the automation can be off. (this is with the 57 btw...) i've never had it happen where NO fader movement was recorded, but it can be off time. it's a minor inconvenience at the most though. When the fader automation is recorded wrong, it's off time but on beat if that makes sense. What i mean is that the timing is accurate to my actual fader movements, but slightly ahead of or behind the audio. Like if i was doing quick stabs in a row, you would hear the backwards record motion instead of the forward. (no, it's not me messing up lol). All i do is highlight that section of the fader automation and shift it as a whole to the left or right and it's on point. Weighing that one minor glitch against everything that's right with mixtape, i'm willing to live with it. i was pumped about the bridge because of the performance aspect, and the mixtape function seemed like a cool side feature. fast forward to real life... i never use the bridge playing out, and ONLY use it to record using mixtape... Not including it for use with these mixers or in the features of future releases has me thinking i might just stick with SSL 2.2 (never updated because of fx bugs) and the 57 for a while longer until this gets sorted out...
nik39 10:32 PM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:
Like if i was doing quick stabs in a row, you would hear the backwards record motion instead of the forward.

Same hear. Can't recall whether it was ahead or behind in time.
nik39 10:42 PM - 8 February, 2012
Ooops, that's what you also said.
Dj Ace 5:28 AM - 9 February, 2012
I use it of replaying out and for mix tape. first record my mix using mix tape. then open the set using the bridge and add my scratches...
Dj JesC 10:24 AM - 9 February, 2012
tracking this,
SiRocket 11:42 AM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
tracking this,

at least you aren't "multi tracking" this... that feature might not be available anymore :(
Dj JesC 8:05 PM - 9 February, 2012
well thats not entirely true. I was able to record fader, & eq automation with a DJM-700 using SSL & Ableton. It really didnt pick up, but if mixtape feature is taken away a lot of djs might rely on this > serato.com

Almost anything is possible in the digital DJ world. Look at what two guys at serato did back in the 90's & 00's to the dj world.
SiRocket 8:18 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
well thats not entirely true. I was able to record fader, & eq automation with a DJM-700 using SSL & Ableton. It really didnt pick up, but if mixtape feature is taken away a lot of djs might rely on this > serato.com

Almost anything is possible in the digital DJ world. Look at what two guys at serato did back in the 90's & 00's to the dj world.

When i paid for things to have a feature available... i don't really buy into the fact that i should have to "ni$$a" rig a setup after spending 500+ on the items to do it... If i pirated software or that feature wasn't legally marketed, then yes i should think out of the box and make it happen myself.
phatbob 8:35 PM - 9 February, 2012
Trying to work out how offensive it is for you to use that term as a white guy.

I'm thinking... Kinda offensive.
The Version Suicides 9:45 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

When i paid for things to have a feature available... i don't really buy into the fact that i should have to "ni$$a" rig a setup after spending 500+ on the items to do it... If i pirated software or that feature wasn't legally marketed, then yes i should think out of the box and make it happen myself.

..........wow, dude. Really? No other description came to mind?

Quote:
Trying to work out how offensive it is for you to use that term as a white guy.

I'm thinking... Kinda offensive.

Actually, it's offensive in it's use. Even if it wasn't from a white guy.

No need for it.
phatbob 10:18 PM - 9 February, 2012
Yeah, I forgot to say 'in that context'.

Using it like that is kind of offensive whoever says it.
Code:E 11:29 PM - 9 February, 2012
I was always under the impression that it was called jimmy or jerry rigging it.

But how about we over look his bad choice in words, hell you American over look so really amazingly stupid things your politician's do, and i think we jus just blame it on that Jay-Z and Kayne song, cause Mr. west is always a good scapegoat.
Dj JesC 11:33 PM - 9 February, 2012
call it what you want. If it wasnt a "legal" my video would have been pulled a long time ago and i wouldve got a letter from Serato or Rane to stop. All your doing is midi recording your movements on your mixer. BTW Bad choice of words, im sure it was just a Kanye moment.
phatbob 11:36 PM - 9 February, 2012
I've seen Serato staff link to your video JesC. They don't mind at all!
The Version Suicides 12:28 AM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:
I was always under the impression that it was called jimmy or jerry rigging it.

But how about we over look his bad choice in words, hell you American over look so really amazingly stupid things your politician's do, and i think we jus just blame it on that Jay-Z and Kayne song, cause Mr. west is always a good scapegoat.

Though I agree with your statement about Jay-Z and Kanye West, I disagree that it's the same thing.

For example: A Jewish person may refer to themselves as a Jew.

Some people may refer to others as a Jews.

Then there is the slang "Jew-ing" someone on the price of an item.

The later is very derogatory and incites stereotyping and racism.

I don't believe that SiRocket meant it to be offensive, but the fact remains that it was.

I myself don't believe anyone (and that goes for Jay and Kanye) should use the N word (or any other word which is derogatory), but I live in America, where (supposedly) there is freedom of speech and opinion.

N***** has always been derogatory, regardless of how many times "you went platinum".

And with that being said, let's get back to topic and let's all try a bit harder to respect one another.

Respect, Groove & Gratitude.
eder 9:38 AM - 10 February, 2012
What's wrong with saying ninja?
The Version Suicides 3:03 PM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:
What's wrong with saying ninja?

Nice. LOL
radikarl 6:19 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:

No it only means, it is not implemented for the new sixty one and sixty two.
It should still work for SL 1 2 3 4, 57 and sixty eight
Why should they remove a feature?
The Version Suicides 6:31 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I think it is shelved for all at the moment as far as the new updates are concerned.

serato.com

So I assume if you wish to keep using it, don't get the update.
Nicky Blunt 10:40 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I think it is shelved for all at the moment as far as the new updates are concerned.

serato.com

So I assume if you wish to keep using it, don't get the update.

This was the advice give so far, & they have said something is in the works so im assuming either a replacement or a newer version, just have to wait & see.
Serato
adrian w 11:07 PM - 11 February, 2012
Hi SiRocket,

Leave the offensive remarks out of your posts. I'm sure I don't need to tell you which remark I'm talking about, something like that is absolutely unacceptable.
trnsprtr 5:35 PM - 12 February, 2012
I'm another DJ who bought Ableton for the sole purpose of using Mixtape. This is really upsetting to see it go away so soon. Ableton wasn't cheap, and neither are these new mixers. I appreciate the fact that Serato wants to put out the best products they can, and I believe they're the best on the market, but I think the fair thing to do would be to make sure customers were informed that we're losing support before we buy new hardware. I know we don't HAVE to upgrade, but many of us will. This info could be a dealbreaker, it is for me. I'll be holding off on that new 62 because of this alone. If I hadn't run across this post, I wouldn't have known. At least make it known on the product pages that this is going away.
gevola 10:17 PM - 12 February, 2012
Hi trnsprtr .. please put your feedback/comment into the "official" Serato thread
serato.com
DJ TooHypE 10:45 AM - 13 February, 2012
Quote:
I'm another DJ who bought Ableton for the sole purpose of using Mixtape. This is really upsetting to see it go away so soon. Ableton wasn't cheap, and neither are these new mixers. I appreciate the fact that Serato wants to put out the best products they can, and I believe they're the best on the market, but I think the fair thing to do would be to make sure customers were informed that we're losing support before we buy new hardware. I know we don't HAVE to upgrade, but many of us will. This info could be a dealbreaker, it is for me. I'll be holding off on that new 62 because of this alone. If I hadn't run across this post, I wouldn't have known. At least make it known on the product pages that this is going away.

Ditto.. wit you mang!! def disappointing too hear & see dis post!!
HYDRO MATIC 3:25 PM - 13 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Just bought a 2nd TTM 57 Three months ago...got it back from repairs...fell in love with the improvements of the 62...put them both up for sale...the day after one sold I saw this...and paid the guy a $100 extra to get my ish back...mixtape is to good a feature for me to loose I use it almost daily.
breakabreaka 6:35 PM - 20 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just bought a 2nd TTM 57 Three months ago...got it back from repairs...fell in love with the improvements of the 62...put them both up for sale...the day after one sold I saw this...and paid the guy a $100 extra to get my ish back...mixtape is to good a feature for me to loose I use it almost daily.

I'm with both of you guys, that's the reason I bought Ableton. I love the mixtape feature, but if you guys remember you guys could still record a mix in AIFF. That's how I used to do it before I got Mixtape. That's probably how I'll use it for a while, but I really do hope they bring back Mixtape, I loved that feature. Sometimes you just need to adjust your levels a bit.
DJ TooHypE 1:41 AM - 21 February, 2012
I Honestly Purchased Ableton Live for (The Bridge) & MixTape feature alone!! infact was looking into purchasing a mixer just saving up for one. This disappoints me when companies remove/exclude support/feature from a product you advertise right from the get-go!!
Dj Manzo 7:29 PM - 26 February, 2012
I just bought the TTM-62 and I've realize that the mixtape option with ableton is not available anymore... Can someone at rane or serato confirm that this option will be back when they fix all the problems ... If not I rather return my TTM-62 ... For the amount of money I've paid ...this mixer need to have that als recording option back !
citi 5:01 AM - 1 March, 2012
Rane has nothing to do with it. It's a Serato/Ableton issue.
Dj JesC 7:56 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:

actually I blame canada
Serato
Brigid 8:06 PM - 1 March, 2012
Hey everyone,
Just in case you missed it, I posted in another thread that Mixtape for the Sixty-One and Sixty-Two is definitely coming, but we can't give you a timeline just yet.
nik39 8:41 PM - 1 March, 2012
Nice :) Thank you!!
Code:E 9:05 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

actually I blame canada

Dont forget Canada is on top, we have the high ground. Unless you want to have your arms and legs removed with a light saber, I would be carful on what you blame canada for. :p
gevola 10:21 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Hey everyone,
Just in case you missed it, I posted in another thread that Mixtape for the Sixty-One and Sixty-Two is definitely coming, but we can't give you a timeline just yet.

finally .. good news
Razy 2:02 AM - 2 March, 2012
Good news.
But I know an alternative way to "programm your own Mixtape Feature" with The Bridge. Badly it takes double or tripple time. But its great if you dont have MIDI-Faders.
Code:E 2:25 AM - 2 March, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^SPILLL THE BEANS.... I want this info!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^
Razy 2:36 AM - 2 March, 2012
I release my tutorial next week. I will not explain mixtape because I dont use it in the normal way. I built my own.
Its too many to explain it in a post.
Maybe I will update the Tutorial in a few weeks. I have some good ideas for that.
Dj JesC 3:30 AM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
I release my tutorial next week. I will not explain mixtape because I dont use it in the normal way. I built my own.
Its too many to explain it in a post.
Maybe I will update the Tutorial in a few weeks. I have some good ideas for that.

i already have a video on youtube showing how to do it. very little mapping required.
Code:E 6:23 AM - 2 March, 2012
link please
Razy 10:04 AM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
i already have a video on youtube showing how to do it. very little mapping required.

Yes, but I do it without MIDI-Fader. Just with my TTM 56S.
Nicky Blunt 10:30 AM - 2 March, 2012
would love to know how to do that. any idea of a timeline to when u can upload that ewetube vid
Razy 10:57 AM - 2 March, 2012
Next week.
Nicky Blunt 11:31 AM - 2 March, 2012
nice, thanks man!
D J minus 5:48 AM - 1 July, 2012
i dont care bout recording mixtapes... but if i buy the 62 can i run ableton in the aux standalone and have treble and bass control??? instead of it being on channel 1 or 2 and getting controlled buy channel 1 and 2 eq?
WarpNote 7:34 AM - 1 July, 2012
I guess you could add a 3 band eq for the master track in Ableton?
Then if not using the mic, midi-map those knobs for control?
Dj Ace 4:11 AM - 3 September, 2012
Yes you can use bass and treble using the 62 by assigning it to channel one or two...but if you the sp-6, the bridge, deck one and deck two you should get a rane 68
Dj Ace 4:12 AM - 3 September, 2012
^^^^^^To run them a the same time with effects, bass and treble, and volume control..
WarpNote 8:32 AM - 7 September, 2012
Reason I'm asking, is I cant get this to work out of the box. I am using the 68 btw.
DJ Tony Bank$ 2:42 AM - 8 February, 2013
DO ANYONE KNOW HOW TO OR IF THEIRS A WAY TO MAKE THE MIC WORK (RECORD) IN ,ALS. RECORDING MODE. ON A RANE 62
Code:E 5:24 AM - 8 February, 2013
NO I DONT! WHY DONT YOU ASK WITHOUT YELLING?
citi 1:55 AM - 26 February, 2013
Quote:
DO ANYONE KNOW HOW TO OR IF THEIRS A WAY TO MAKE THE MIC WORK (RECORD) IN ,ALS. RECORDING MODE. ON A RANE 62

As long as the mic is on, it will record in it's own track.
philly doode 4:58 AM - 15 August, 2014
Serato made djing so much easier when it came out....most of all we didn't have to carry crates of records. Now, with all the these features that totally diminish the original elements of djing (apart from a few useful effects for mixtapes and radio shows), we can't even record in abelton without running into issues with the crossfader on sharp and complex cutts! Cutting and mixing requires precision (and we're still dealing with delay issues).
These are just two basic issues on the extensive list. I'm not trying to give you a hard time but this is very important.