Numark MixDeck
Computer
Mac
OS
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
Platform
-
Ben93 6:54 AM - 28 December, 2011
I just got a new Numark Mixdeck and installed the drivers that came with it then installed Serato Intro. When Serato is open it has the Hardware Disconnected alert at the top. Both of the decks are set to MIDI and the drivers are the latest update. I realize this is a problem a lot of people have been having but can't seem to figure why it is not connecting. Nothing shows up in Audio MIDI setup either when I unplug and plug. I would appreciate any help :/
Logan D 2:00 AM - 5 January, 2012
Hey Ben93,

Firstly please do this again :

1. Download and Install the Drivers from www.numark.com in the ‘Documents and Downloads’ section.
2. Connect your MixDeck to an available USB port.
3. Choose ‘USB Midi’ from the Source menu on your MixDeck and press the Parameter knob to select.
4. Start Serato DJ Intro.
5. You should now see both virtual decks and be ready to DJ.

If it still doesn't connect can you please open the Audio MIDI Setup and go to Window > Show MIDI Window. Are you sure the Mixdeck isn't showing up here at all? Even just as an unknown device?

Also, have you tried connecting it to another computer?

Let me know :)
Screwmatic 10:52 PM - 26 January, 2012
I also have the same problem. I have the SL2 and i tried to use the DJ Intro so i can record, but when i open then DJ Intro it says Hardware Disconnected, but doesn't say it when i open my Serato Scratch Live. I thought it should be able to work, actually?
I need some help, please. Is there any special way to use the DJ Intro?
Mimizuku no Lew 11:03 PM - 26 January, 2012
Intro doesn't work with the SL2. It works with the controllers in this list:

*Numark MixTrack Pro
*Numark MixDeck
*Numark MixDeck Express
*Vestax Typhoon
*Vestax VCI-100 Mk II
*Pioneer DDJ-ERGO-V
*Vestax VCI-400

Future releases of Serato DJ Intro will support:
*Numark MixDeck Quad
*Numark N4
Logan D 4:14 AM - 31 January, 2012
Hey Screwmatic, as stated above, DJ Intro only works with the above controller list (which will add more controllers in the future).

Ben93, how are you going?
DJEMIKE 4:59 AM - 2 February, 2012
I am having the same problem on DJ intro. Should I uninstall SL2? I have INTRO and LIVE 2. Also the Output source (audio) doesnt reccognize my mixdeck
Logan D 11:19 PM - 8 February, 2012
Hey DJEMIKE,

What Numark Mixdeck Model do you have? Express? Quad? Or just the standard Mixdeck?

What version of ITCH are you using? You can check in the bottom-left corner of the Setup screen.

Are you on Mac? If you go to Audio MIDI Setup and go to 'Window' > Show MIDI Window, what does the Mixdeck show up as? Whatever blue device is highlighted will be what your computer is recognizing it as.

Let me know :)
Nattral Blaze 10:53 PM - 12 February, 2012
Hi, I've had my mixtrack pro for a while, works well, tried to use it with DJ Intro and it keeps blue screening my PC. I'm very computer literate and this makes no sense. I tried disable as a sound card , everything. The Dj Intro needs some new firmware, it might work well for 35-50% customers, but overall it just doesn't sync. Using: Mixtrack Pro with Windows 7 (fairly new PC, exceeds all requirements). I can't believe I did anything wrong (not to sound to cocky, but this is simple plug and play but it doesn't. let me know something.... Bless.
Logan D 12:40 AM - 15 February, 2012
What version of Intro are you using?

When do you actually get this blue screen? Anytime you connect it? Do you have to restart your computer after this happens?

If you connect it before you start Intro does it work?
Nattral Blaze 3:11 AM - 15 February, 2012
1.5 but I have 1.1 and 1.4 also downloaded not installed.
Intro works before I connect the Mixtrack Pro
The blue screen causes a restart, only when i connect the controller (Mixtrack pro)
My Mixtrack pro works perfect with my virtual DJ.
Logan D 12:51 AM - 16 February, 2012
That's strange generally a bluescreen on Windows means a harddrive issue I believe.
Do you have anything else connected? Have you tried a different USB port/cord?
Does it bluescreen like this any other time? Have you tried using the Mixtrack Pro on another computer?

I would even suggest taking your computer to an IT technician if possible.
Mimizuku no Lew 2:24 PM - 16 February, 2012
A blue screen is usually caused by a faulty or corrupted driver, faulty USB devices or bad RAM.
Logan D 3:22 AM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:
A blue screen is usually caused by a faulty or corrupted driver, faulty USB devices or bad RAM.

Interesting, Mimizuku no Lew.

Nattral Blaze,

Are you sure you are doing this...
Quote:
Choose ‘USB Midi’ from the Source menu on your MixDeck and press the Parameter knob to select.

Please also try to re-install the drivers and firmware from this link here > www.numark.com. I would even suggest you uninstall the current drivers before you do this by opening 'Device Manager' and right-clicking and uninstalling the driver from the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' tab.
4:00 AM, 6 Mar 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.