Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Input matrix - Route INPUT source to selected deck / multiple decks

WarpNote 8:27 PM - 19 December, 2011
Versions up until 1.9.2 used to have the input reverse button to remedy switched connections. It was great for its intended use, but was also very nice for using instant doubles when a deck at the club suddenly had a bad tone arm, or messed up rca/ground etc.

Then with the release of the Sixty Eight and later the SL4, Serato included the clever drop down selection for each deck, making it possible for the dj to assign any free channel to any deck.

So my suggestion goes like this:
How about taking the input reverse idea further by implementing the dropdown for both input signal and the output signal of the SL Box/Rane Mixer?
The output signal would be exclusive, ie you would only route the output to one channel at the time (just like todays implementation), BUT the input signal would be NON-EXCLUSIVE, meaning several decks could share the SAME input.

Imagine this scenario:
2 djs (tag team/back to back), 2 laptops, 4 channel mixer (SL4/68), 1 set of turntables.
The way it works now, DJ A & B must constantly turn on or off the signal feed in software to switch over. When doing quick mixing back to back this can be a very hectic routine, to say the least. Before the days of Sixty Eight/SL4 we would daisy chain the SL1 boxes, routing the through signal to the second SL box. Now, with a true input matrix we would be able to do the same thing, making life a lot easier for these scenarios.

To work around this current limitation in SSL, me and my tag team DJ is using this RCA setup > www.flickr.com (I guess you guys can see what I'm aiming for here? - also, back when piggyback connecting SL1 boxes, there would always be somebody who warned against the signal degrading...)

And then there's the odd situation where the tonearm is busted. Just route the working turntable to your needed channels and switch to internal when needed. Think about it, this feature is very useful for both SL3 & SL2 users too.

And if worried about confusing novice users, how about making it an option in setup called something like: "advanced input matrix"..?

I jumped on the Sixty Eight as soon as I could afford it, and I love that mixer. Went to a demo prior to buying, in which BigWiz made a very convincing rundown. However, I remember asking him about this exact feature, and I if I didn't misinterpret him, he thought it was a good idea....?
Res-Q 10:27 PM - 19 December, 2011
+1 this would be dope for sure
erange 10:55 PM - 19 December, 2011
+1
intellekt 12:23 AM - 20 December, 2011
+1
nik39 12:55 AM - 20 December, 2011
+1
radikarl 2:01 PM - 27 December, 2011
+1
punchisdj 7:34 PM - 25 January, 2012
+1