Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How do I change order of songs in a crate/playlist?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
inspecta83 11:19 PM - 1 December, 2011
Ok, I am trying to use "crates" as playlists so when am making a CD, I can organize the songs in a particular order before I start to play. This way, when I begin playing, all the songs that will be on the CD are already in order in the crate. All I have to do when I start recording the CD is cue up each song one after another in the order they appear in the crate.

I already know how to order the songs alphabetically or by any other column heading, simply by clicking on the top of the particular column. The problem is, the order that I want them to be on the CD is not alphabetical, etc.

How do I organize songs (not alphabetically) in a crate AFTER they are already in the crate?
doublez 4:09 AM - 2 December, 2011
Drag the songs up or down within the crate to change their order within the crate. This information is found in the User Guide:

To make a new crate, click the + button. To rename a crate, double click
the crate name. You can change the order of tracks within a crate by
dragging them up or down.

-z
inspecta83 5:56 AM - 2 December, 2011
thanks for the response. i tried to rearrange the order of the songs in the crate by dragging them up and down but they do not move. when i click on the song i want to move, and then unclick when i'm pointing the mouse where i want it to go, it just stays in its original place. almost like its locked in place. i know I'm selecting the track correctly b/c if i drag and drop it on the playing deck, it will appear.

i checked the 'setup' options to see if there was a setting i can change to fix this problem but i don't see any such setting. any other suggestions??

thanks in advance.
doublez 6:32 AM - 2 December, 2011
Try highlighting the "number" column by clicking the hash mark (#) at the top of that column before you re-arrange the tracks.

-z
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:39 PM - 2 December, 2011
Yes.. doublez suggestion should work.
inspecta83 9:52 PM - 2 December, 2011
Got it..awesome! thanks a lot