Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

crates not saving

dynaMix_djsaint 9:18 PM - 24 November, 2011
how do i get the music to save to in the crates? I'm clicking on "protectcrates" but it's not saving.
breakermixer 12:36 AM - 25 November, 2011
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 4:05 AM - 25 November, 2011
Hey dynaMix_djsaint,

Do you mean that you are adding music into crates, but when you close and re-open ITCH they aren't there anymore?

Let me know!
dynaMix_djsaint 6:03 AM - 25 November, 2011
Yes that's it exactly.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 4:52 AM - 29 November, 2011
I'm sure we can sort this out, can you please let me know :
- Are you on Mac or Windows?
- Are you using an external hard drive? What format is it?

Cheers.
Denondj 6:10 AM - 29 November, 2011
i had the same problem
i am using a mac and it is saved on internal hard drive and its a mp3 i lost three crates right when i showed up for a gig it was frustrating because i had spent alot of time prepping those crates for that gig and they had just disappeared
Ragman 8:37 AM - 29 November, 2011
Quote:
i had the same problem
i am using a mac and it is saved on internal hard drive and its a mp3 i lost three crates right when i showed up for a gig it was frustrating because i had spent alot of time prepping those crates for that gig and they had just disappeared

Are u sure the original drive letter didn't change for the external hdd?
dynaMix_djsaint 4:57 PM - 29 November, 2011
i'm using windows and I'm using an external harddrive. with vci300 itch
Ragman 5:25 PM - 29 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
i had the same problem

Are u sure the original drive letter didn't change for the external hdd?

Sorry just noticed u said it was a mac.
mixxinmel 10:10 PM - 29 November, 2011
Quote:
how do i get the music to save to in the crates? I'm clicking on "protectcrates" but it's not saving.

Ok here is what i did with my v7's i turned them off created my crates without the hardware hooked up, then closed up ITCH then closed down my computer, restart computer then start itch without the controler on!!! (wait to see if the crates apear) then turn on the vic 300 and see if it works that way for ya!!! hope this helps.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:05 AM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
I'm using an external harddrive

What format is your external hard drive? To find out right-click on it and select 'Properties', it will tell you what format it is under 'File System'. Let me know.

Also, in this 'Properties' window, make sure you have read & write permissions for the external.
@DjSentie 3:08 AM - 26 November, 2012
I'm having the same problem. I'm using a PC and Mac with an external HD. Any ideas?
Aleester 10:03 PM - 22 August, 2014
I have a mac and a just buy the ddj-sr and i just instal my sera to dj
I use a extern drive to play my music
I can't save my crate when i close the application they do not stay in the library
What do i have to do for them to stay
cheche 2:25 AM - 27 August, 2014
i am having the same exact problem ... in scratch live never happe
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 4:31 AM - 23 September, 2014
Hey guys these issues are usually quite simple to fix, but it's too hard for me to try troubleshoot multiple people in this one thread, it gets messy. Please start a help-thread here (support.serato.com) and include as much information as possible including if you have an external hard drive connected, and what format it is.

What is most likely happening is that SDJ can not 'write' to the drive your music is on because it is not formatted correctly or you have incorrect permissions. Our support team will guide you through how to fix this :)
Johnny Blaze 357 4:33 AM - 28 February, 2015
I have that same problem, I try to edit crates or just add new music to new crates and it doesn't save when I reopen serato DJ??? HELP!!!
Johnny Blaze 357 4:34 AM - 28 February, 2015
It also doesn't analyze and if it does it freezes!?
Ragman 4:42 AM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
I have that same problem, I try to edit crates or just add new music to new crates and it doesn't save when I reopen serato DJ??? HELP!!!

Put a ticket in man...
DJ Lou Rock 4:41 AM - 28 August, 2017
I have all of the same issues as above. I use a MAC AND RECENTLY HAD TO CHANGE HD. I have reloaded this thing and reinstalled Serato numerous times. My music does show up on the HD, I carry it over and as long as I don't shut it down, all works fine. Need help asap, big shows coming up. My HD is formatted correctly also.
FREAQ 2:20 PM - 25 November, 2017
Yeah, so I think I have the same issue as you guys. The song saves in the "all audio" section no matter what, but when you drag into a crate, the metadata forfeits upon closing and opening once more? If this is so, I'm starting a direct helpline on part of Windows 10 users if it makes a difference in the end. I'll report back to this thread once we resolve the issue. For the most part, I do believe restarting could play a part in allowing the program to write the data but not sure yet because I have a million downloads goin on at all times ;D
ishman 3:43 PM - 21 June, 2018
Still having issues with crates disappearing. Any update on this?
RR437T 3:09 AM - 22 June, 2018
Enable protect library in settings and then re-scan your library.
v@l 4:27 PM - 23 June, 2018
Mac only right click on hard drive then click get info make sure the drive is in read & write mode not read only now serato can save crates...
LoopBeatzz 1:06 AM - 28 July, 2018
I seem to having that problem, crates not saving or being back up, running latest version