Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

need a serato sofware to work the amerian audio vms4 pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

djhypaz 2:06 AM - 20 November, 2011
when are you guys will support the american audio vms4
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:32 AM - 21 November, 2011
Hi djhypaz,

I could not tell you with any certainty whether we will be supporting the VMS4 as a controller in the future.

However, we do appreciate feedback and requests, and if enough users are requesting this controller to be supported, the likelihood of it happening can increase greatly.

Cheers :)
DJwyn 2:53 PM - 21 November, 2011
Hi Serato,

i also have a VMS4... i/we, would really appreciate if your DJ INTRO could support the VMS4... Please.... very soon please...................
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:45 PM - 21 November, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion DJwyn, I will put this forward as a request.

As I said, we do appreciate suggestions/feedback and we are planning to support more controllers for Serato DJ Intro in the future, but at this point I couldn't tell your for sure if the VMS4 will be.
DJ Breezy B 7:13 PM - 22 November, 2011
I would love and like to request for Serato to make a midi mapping for the Intro software and other serato software and the American Audio VMS4 controller. I also would like to request this to happen soon.
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:20 PM - 22 November, 2011
Cool, thanks DJ Breezy B.

I have said all I can say as far as the "help" aspect of this thread goes. But I was thinking this discussion could gather a bit of momentum in Serato DJ Intro General Discussion.

I will move it over there now and you may get other users who will support this idea by posting up and expressing their interest.

Again, however I must stress, I could not tell you with any certainty when/if it will happen.

Cheers :)
9:20 PM, 22 Nov 2011
Discussion moved to Serato DJ Intro General Discussion
BIGICEDOG 4:25 AM - 30 November, 2011
i would also like to see this controller supported
djhypaz 5:04 PM - 1 December, 2011
Thanks Martin c really appreciate moving the support for the vms4 controller to the general discussion i recently bought a sl2 and 2 turntables for larger jobs and i love the serato software i don't want to go back to virtual dj on my vms4 which i use for smaller gigs so please try your best for all of us dj's .
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:26 PM - 1 December, 2011
Cheers man.

Although the decision isn't really in my hands, if support for this controller gathers momentum, then the chances of it further being looked into can increase.
DJMikers 11:50 PM - 8 December, 2011
I understand that it's not in your hands cause fo your repetitive posts but i would greatly appreciate it if the VMS4 does link up with DJ intro . I want to try out the software before i dedicate my money into it cause at the moment i'm sold on traktor :) if it can be linked up with the VMS4 I d gladly purchase Serato within a week of trying out dj intro.
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:15 AM - 9 December, 2011
Hi DJMikers,

Serato DJ Intro software is free to download, it is the hardware/controllers that you have to pay for :)
DJ SON 4:26 AM - 17 December, 2011
Hi Serato like please hurry and make American Audio VMS4 to work with Serato INTRO please my boss is about to fire me if I dont find something that will work with serato I'm fired forever
You won't want me to lose my job so HURRY PLEASE
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:32 AM - 17 December, 2011
Trade it in for a Denon MC6000 then download the xml file and have full MIDI support over SSL and yes even the platters work. That'll blow this program and the VSM4 outta the water plus you can spin videos with it after you buy the video plugin. And if I was gonna be fired for not using Serato I'd tell that boss to shove it up his a--!! A programs not gonna make you a better Dj..............
phatbob 11:20 AM - 17 December, 2011
Quote:
Hi Serato like please hurry and make American Audio VMS4 to work with Serato INTRO please my boss is about to fire me if I dont find something that will work with serato I'm fired forever
You won't want me to lose my job so HURRY PLEASE

Congratulations on the most absurd post on the forum in 2011.

If that is actually true, sell your American Audio POS and buy a controller which is compatible with Itch or Intro or Scratch Live. There are PLENTY to choose from at all price points.

Not rocket science.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:08 PM - 17 December, 2011
+1 your boss sounds pretty tough if he is putting you in that position!

You cant really hold us responsible for this... as phatbob and the Surge say, you have the option to sell your VMS4 and buy one the many controllers that work with ITCH and Serato DJ Intro instead :)
NEG273 8:13 AM - 27 December, 2011
I recently purchased a VMS 4.1 and am pleased with the hardware. I would love to see Serato software support for this device as well. I already own an SL3 and have no plans to sell it, I just would love to see your software in place of what is considered the competitors. I'm certain many of us prefer serato software above the others on the market.
Caribbean Base 12:25 PM - 18 January, 2012
D word is more interest will make it happen. I own an sl3, sl1 and vms4. I use my vms4 on those gigs that much mixing isn't really needed and would also love using another serato program to get it done. I was going to buy an itch cotroller but when i saw the intro I thought my prayers were answered. SERATO PLEASE! make it happen for us and all the dj's who didn't post any request. Let us use the best dj program in the world and keep the serato flag flying high.
phatbob 4:18 PM - 18 January, 2012
It's up to American Audio to pay to licence Intro. You are wasting your time talking to Serato, talk to them.
Caribbean Base 5:03 PM - 18 January, 2012
Thanks! I did send them an email asking for the same thing. Still waiting on a reply.
BIGICEDOG 6:57 PM - 19 January, 2012
and the vms2 as well
rhpdj 1:15 PM - 22 January, 2012
Пожалуйста и побыстрее бы
Selecter Denjo 10:20 AM - 25 January, 2012
yoo...
it would be great, if you support the vms2 soon...
i'm using ssl with turntables and its the best program.
so, wanna change to midi controlling and wanna use serato in the futur, too.

cheers
Caribbean Base 10:53 PM - 25 January, 2012
American Audio Customer Support Supervisor said they hope to support Serato products in the future. This doesn't sound very encouraging. Not at all!!!!!!
CCeliteDJ 11:52 PM - 12 March, 2012
I would like to be able to use Serato DJ Intro with my VMS4.1 controller. I have the Numark Mixtrack Pro and like DJ Intro, however I like the hardware of the VMS4.1. If we DJ's could get the best of both worlds that would be great, VMS4.1 with Serato DJ Intro, that would be great.

James
Dj Stefano Rocca 5:40 PM - 18 March, 2012
liebes Serato-Team....

Bitte bitte unterstützt die benutzung von vms4.1 und serato dj intro...es wäre ein großer schritt in der digitalen welt des dj! ich warte schon so sehnsüchtig darauf!! danke im vorraus für die unterstützung
Dj Stefano Rocca 5:40 PM - 18 March, 2012
dear Serato team ....

Please, please, the use of information and support vms4.1 serato dj intro ... it would be a big step in the digital world of the dj! I've been waiting so eagerly to! Thank you in advance for your support
coynek86 4:09 PM - 1 May, 2012
Please please please
vsm4fan 11:01 AM - 10 May, 2012
Please could you support VMS4.1. It is a fantastic controller!
phatbob 5:30 PM - 10 May, 2012
Quote:
It's up to American Audio to pay to licence Intro. You are wasting your time talking to Serato, talk to them.
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:23 AM - 11 May, 2012
To be fair, phatbob is correct. American Audio would have to approach Serato, in order for us to support it.

I would recommend if this is something you guys would really want, making noise to American Audio would be the right way to go about it.

Whether or not we would take on the project, would be a whole different story.
DjCiro 3:09 PM - 14 July, 2012
Good morning friends wanted to know if Serato have any news about this driver and I just bought the VMS4.1 and it would great if I could occupy it with Serato DJ INTRO ...

I welcome your comments.

regards
Dj Ciro
CHILE
Vann Harbin 12:53 AM - 16 October, 2012
It would be awesome if the VMS4 was supported by Serato. Myself and three other friends are waiting to see the day! Serato is sick!!
Caribbean Base 3:29 AM - 16 October, 2012
I gave up this cause and bought a Numark NS6. for my small gigs. So now its Scratch live with pioneers for the big gigs and Itch for the small. I'm hooked on serato....
dj fireshaun 10:19 AM - 19 December, 2012
I have a VMS4 that I use every day to work but the software that it supports is so lame. It would be the greatest thing in the world for serato to support this controller, that is if american audio grant the license. I know for sure that sales on vms4 will increase dramatically if they do this............they better be wise now or this vms is history.........ill be moving to serato and cd player(pioneer)
djcram... 12:57 AM - 28 February, 2013
i also have american audio VMS 4!
when it will be supported for serato..
Dj Maxify 11:22 AM - 13 March, 2013
I also use the vms 4.1 of american audio. Its allready supported by traktor and virtual dj. Its time for a serato support. This will combine the best dj softwear with a very good controller.
Check it out
vms4.adjfocus.com
Dj Supermari0 6:49 AM - 16 March, 2013
I tried to email American Audio support many times since December no reply. I use serato scratch during my club days they have the rane there. I am having a hard time to shift to another software.. (VDJ).. that always distort during my gigs at bars and hotels. Many vms4 users like me here in the phils are looking for the support or mapping ready atleast.

VMS 4 is a very good controller .. it will only be the best controller if serato supports it as well.
mach9 10:47 PM - 25 September, 2013
DJ David Add me to the list of VMS4 along with Allen & Heath Zone DX. I have VCI 300 & VCI 300 MXII plus VMS4 and ZoneDX. I've used Itch from day one, now that DJ took over it would be very nice to chose what controller I want to use. Like other DJs we put out a lot of money!!!!!!!!!!
dj 1200cc 7:44 PM - 22 May, 2014
Please add the aa vms4.1 and aa mxr14 .... I love serato but end up playing and hunting down vinyl still because I can't find a quality program that works with my equipment
wwiimm 12:22 PM - 23 June, 2014
on the site from aa it says they are working on this.. is this treu? and how far are you?
twiggy232 11:34 PM - 30 June, 2014
i would also love to see the vms 4 become supported with serato, hopefully that will happen soon
jean-mehdi 12:19 AM - 15 September, 2014
Please Serato we need the 4ms4.1 to work with serato....
Really really miss it
thanks
jean-mehdi 9:34 PM - 18 September, 2014
i insist Serato please....
if u want we can help,if needed
cheers
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:54 PM - 22 September, 2014
Hey everyone

Quote:
American Audio would have to approach Serato, in order for us to support it.

I would recommend if this is something you guys would really want, making noise to American Audio would be the right way to go about it.

Whether or not we would take on the project, would be a whole different story.

There's nothing to add to what Martin said, really.

Sorry.

Karl
jean-mehdi 11:50 PM - 5 October, 2014
i really understand that.
but i also dont understand why its not possible to map the jogwheels in serato..
will it be posible to activate that option please ?
jean-mehdi 11:57 PM - 5 October, 2014
the thing is for most of the Dejays(me too)
Serato is the best djing software ever.
And the vms 4.1 is such a good controler
together they can do lots of good things :)
(sorry for my english)
Krycius 10:03 AM - 30 October, 2014
Also trying to break away from Virtual DJ but lack of support for VMS4.1 is making it hard. Love your software but your support for devices is not so good.
DJ Top10 4:30 PM - 31 October, 2014
I also have VMS2, pls when will Serato suport it?
jean-mehdi 12:38 PM - 6 March, 2015
Hello again Serato Team,
We can see that you guys did a lot of very good job as always,still got as many many people around here my vms 4.1 and still dreaming with using it with your amazing software.
i have contacted ADJ about compatibility and i have been told that it was up to Serato to offer compatibility with the programe.

I would like to ask you what should we do to have that controller working on Serato,
or if its posible to have a full mapping option for us to be able to config the soft.

We really need a positive and constuctive answer,waiting for years now in some cases.

thank you,kind regards

Jean
mend 3:47 PM - 7 October, 2015
Bom dia rapaziada seria muito bom eu tenho uma VMS4 e eu sou muito mais o serato
BustinJustin 1:44 AM - 28 January, 2016
any updates yet?
mend 4:19 PM - 5 February, 2016
Boa tarde,agora eu de boa peguei u ma ns7 e estou muito feliz.
jean-mehdi 2:41 AM - 6 February, 2016
the only update is that the vms 4.1 will not be supported,
i moved to pioneer with ddj sx2 and serato dj
YourDreamDJ 12:55 AM - 2 April, 2016
Please support a VMS 4.1