Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Numark MixTrack Pro: Very low headphone volume

LJ_WOOLSEY 10:53 AM - 16 November, 2011
Hi there peeps,

Ok so i was working with a warmup DJ who had got the Numark MixTrack Pro and Serato DJ Intro.... I had a play with it and its not bad at all apart from one massive issue you can not hear the headphones i mean at full blast it was very faint (In a club with loud music) Is this normal? Is there any settings in the software or on the hardwear to make the headphones output louder??? As it is just about un-useable.

I did mention to him to buy a headphones amp would that help boost the output??

Was thinking of telling him to buy one of these -> cpc.farnell.com

Hopefully that would boost the volume up loads then he can just turn this on full and run lead from headphones out on the mixtrack to this box then just plug his headphones in but still use the volume on the mixtrack.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Cheers.
Mr Invincible 4:31 AM - 17 November, 2011
I also noticed this problem with the Mixtrack Pro. Is this something that can be fixed in the next version?
frogster99 11:05 AM - 18 November, 2011
Yes true I struggle with mine too fix needed but I think its hardware
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:45 PM - 18 November, 2011
Well if it is hardware then hopefully a headphone amp would solve the issue, I had a look and see its only usb powerd so i should say it is a hardware issue. I will let the DJ know that his best bet is to buy a Headphone amp.
frogster99 3:56 PM - 19 November, 2011
I would say so I just don't know if it would distort the music I guess he will just have to try
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:36 PM - 19 November, 2011
ya had a play again last night you cant hear for shit lol iv told him to just buy it. So if he does i will post up the out come.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:30 PM - 19 November, 2011
How was the overall volume? I find my Mixdeck volume to be alot lower then say compared to my SL3 or Audio 8.
djsmuve415 7:07 PM - 19 November, 2011
Headphone volume on the Mixdeck Pro sucks to high hell! -------- but then what do expect from a lil plastic thing that looks like a toy and is only driven by USB power?!?!
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:45 PM - 19 November, 2011
Well i could hear anything in the headphones lol but output to the main mixer seemed fine. Oh hell ya like i said the guy paid £130 brand new for it cheap as chips but for the money i think its really good just shame about headphones, but if that amp fixes it job done. Saves me pluggin in my sl-3 midi controller and cd players and laptop, i just turn up and carry on using his stuff. You the mic on the main mixer. The auto gain thing in dj intro is shite needs loads of work. If a song is to quiet to way to turn it up.
schlazz 7:26 AM - 19 December, 2011
Try the gain control in the setup menu.
adde 5:17 PM - 22 January, 2012
The headphone volume is a lot lower in Serato Intro compared to for example Virtual DJ. I hope it will be fixed asap!
Shumi 7:23 PM - 27 February, 2012
I hope so, too. Please Serato fix this!
Psyclone1976 9:26 AM - 19 March, 2012
Quote:
The headphone volume is a lot lower in Serato Intro compared to for example Virtual DJ. I hope it will be fixed asap!

Yes me too, makes Serato DJ intro completely useless for a live set in a pub etc.
Simon Love Carter 10:45 PM - 27 March, 2012
the problem is the small headphone amplifier that your mixtrack pro has inside. I made a workaround using amplified headphones like monster studios by dr. dre
djx7 2:39 AM - 28 March, 2012
it doesnt matter the head phones because i got some expensive headphones and still nothing... the mixtrack pro has a low vol plz serato fix it ty
Simon Love Carter 9:46 AM - 28 March, 2012
it do matters because headphones like the one i told you before got a amplifier inside with batteries that bring the volume at a very nice level. However it's just a solution for people who already has those headphones 'cause beats studios are so expensive
djx7 2:07 PM - 28 March, 2012
i know it does matter but when you use your mix track pro on another program it sounds just fine. but on serato it lows the db. so that's why i said it didn't matter just my p.o.v.
iLLERJ 6:07 PM - 17 September, 2012
The behringer MA400 did not help me resolve this problem, i returned that today. If you try trakor pro 2 the volume on the headphones output is 150 percent louder. so its software from the 4 peices of software i tried. Serato DJ Intro is the issue. Anyone know of registry hacks for this fix maybe?
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:38 PM - 17 September, 2012
Well the dj that had this issue got a headphone amp and says its fine now but he also said with vdj its loads louder.
traywigs 7:45 PM - 23 September, 2012
Quote:
Well the dj that had this issue got a headphone amp and says its fine now but he also said with vdj its loads louder.

Yes virtual DJ is at least 6 to 8db louder in the cue department. hopefully serato will address this soon.
micael 12:28 AM - 31 December, 2012
on my mixtrack pro i have a similar problem i only have my headphones and the sound is to loud
Zee61 4:32 AM - 3 January, 2013
Recently got the mixtrack pro and have the same issues. I am using a pair of beats solo hd and volume is weak. I thought it was the Serato software but when I play with the headphone jack the volume sounds like it should. Try plugging your headphone jack only 2/3 of the way into the mixtrack headphone jack. I can sort of get it in a position to where I can actually use it.
wrongwun 9:35 PM - 13 March, 2013
had the same problem....

Go into Mixer Settings and see if your mixtrack is actually turning your cue volume all the way up. if its not then this is the problem. try o manually adjust your CUE VOLUME to max with your mouse and then try and adjust it with the mixtrack, mine worked after doing this.
gilmedel 5:49 AM - 23 March, 2013
Quote:
Hi there peeps,

Ok so i was working with a warmup DJ who had got the Numark MixTrack Pro and Serato DJ Intro.... I had a play with it and its not bad at all apart from one massive issue you can not hear the headphones i mean at full blast it was very faint (In a club with loud music) Is this normal? Is there any settings in the software or on the hardwear to make the headphones output louder??? As it is just about un-useable......

Hopefully that would boost the volume up loads then he can just turn this on full and run lead from headphones out on the mixtrack to this box then just plug his headphones in but still use the volume on the mixtrack.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Cheers.

I actually contacted Numark with this issue when I was using it with VDJ a couple years ago and their Tech Support Told me they were not designed to be used with headphones that were above 8ohms. I asked him which headphone amp they recommended and they had no recomendation. Also asked why they designed for low impedance because all my DJ headphones are 32ohms and got no answer. But I believe it is because USB is only 5V and max output of 500mA. I have the same issue with Pioneer Wego, Vestax VCI-300, I cant hear the Headphones when venue Music is Loud.
What I did was I added a 8ch Alesis mixer and connect the Numark Headphone out to the Tape inputs assign to control room and use the Headphone monitor on the mixer. I like this set up because I can connect the main output to stereo inputs and Use the mixer main out to control volume on balanced 1/4" connectors. Just be aware some headphone mixer outputs are not as loud as others.
R3TRO30 5:17 AM - 7 July, 2013
Quote:

what kind of headphone amp did he get after all? its not the mixtrack pro its serato dj intro software wish serato would fix this issue with the latest upgrade serato needs to fix the bugs in the software traktor and Vdj works fine for the headphone cue..... PLEASE SERATO FIX THIS ISSUE...
Mr Invincible 6:08 AM - 30 December, 2013
I bought one of these and it helped tremendously. It's another thing to have to plug in, but it makes my Mixtrack Pro usable for even the biggest events.

www.amazon.com
R3TRO30 6:54 AM - 11 February, 2014
Quote:
I bought one of these and it helped tremendously. It's another thing to have to plug in, but it makes my Mixtrack Pro usable for even the biggest events.

www.amazon.com

think im gonna go and buy this item ive gotten the ergo and the headphone eq is so much louder then on the mixtrack pro im thinking it has to do with the numarks controller
DJ Scott D 1:32 PM - 12 April, 2014
With the Numark Mixtrack Pro II using the Serato DJ 1.6 the headphone/cue volume is perfect. Unlike DJ Intro.
Dj-Elite 2:33 PM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
With the Numark Mixtrack Pro II using the Serato DJ 1.6 the headphone/cue volume is perfect. Unlike DJ Intro.

I agree. I am using the Pro II as well and have had no issues. So I guess it was just the first version.
D33J4yM 7:53 PM - 20 June, 2017
Wow old post but I found a solution after reading it, so I thought I would share...

I first looked through the settings of VDJ and changed the headphonesgain setting to 10 from 0.5 (use the search filter with-in vdj's settings) which didn't really fix the issue.

So I turned my attention to the volume settings with-in windows and boom!! The volume was turned right down. (turned it up 100%)

Now the headphones volume is plentiful! FTW

Hope this works for someone else :)

DJM
D33J4yM 7:55 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
Wow old post but I found a solution after reading it, so I thought I would share...

I first looked through the settings of VDJ and changed the headphonesgain setting to 10 from 0.5 (use the search filter with-in vdj's settings) which didn't really fix the issue.

So I turned my attention to the volume settings with-in windows and boom!! The volume was turned right down. (turned it up 100%)

Now the headphones volume is plentiful! FTW

Hope this works for someone else :)

DJM

btw using mixtrack quad