Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark N4 + Serato

iCandy 9:37 AM - 22 October, 2011
I am looking forward to buy this toy for mobile gigs.
So, Will it be possible in the future that Serato Itch or SL will support Numark N4?
I think Serato should.
Seriously, Its a 4 deck controller with Video FX controls.
Although, I can use VDJ with to use its full functionality, but i still hope that Serato would make it compatible with ITCH or SL.
Dj Ricky Redz 3:43 PM - 22 October, 2011
n4 will only be supported by serato dj intro.
if you need basic 2 channel mixing, use a "serato dj intro" controller,
if you need 4 decks, more samples, POTENTIAL to do video & bridge get an itch controller
if you need video, 4 decks and the ability to merge with traditional hardware (cdjs, turtables) then get a scratchlive hardware!
djcerla 3:56 PM - 22 October, 2011
Quote:
if you need video, 4 decks and the ability to merge with traditional hardware (cdjs, turtables) then get a scratchlive hardware!

Or a NS6.
hologram 6:11 PM - 22 October, 2011
OK simple as this.
If you are already a serious DJ by the NS6. The N4 is for your kids to learn on.
iCandy 7:03 PM - 22 October, 2011
Quote:

I think the N4 can do this using VDJ. So I was thinking if Serato would have any plans on having this controller supported by either ITCH or SL. No harm in asking, don't you think? :)

Quote:
OK simple as this.
If you are already a serious DJ by the NS6. The N4 is for your kids to learn on.

I'm not planning this to be setup in a regular club but i am planning to bring this around during vacation around early next year.
And seeing the features and it looks promising for a cheap controller.
Maskrider 7:27 PM - 22 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I think the N4 can do this using VDJ. So I was thinking if Serato would have any plans on having this controller supported by either ITCH or SL. No harm in asking, don't you think? :)

Quote:
OK simple as this.

I'm not planning this to be setup in a regular club but i am planning to bring this around during vacation around early next year.
And seeing the features and it looks promising for a cheap controller.

Your fine with Intro asking stuff from ITCH or SSL is not gonna happen.
benictrs 5:13 PM - 24 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Or a NS6.

i own ns6 and don't want tu use virtual dj for video :(( what are my options???
pdidy 5:29 PM - 24 October, 2011
Quote:
So, Will it be possible in the future that Serato Itch or SL will support Numark N4?
I think Serato should.
Although, I can use VDJ with to use its full functionality, but i still hope that Serato would make it compatible with ITCH or SL.

Intro is a new product an it is impossible for any one to no what it will support in the future because serato is a business an they are not in the habit of giving up any secrects.

My advise....it will never happen.
kraal 10:19 PM - 24 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Or a NS6.

i own ns6 and don't want tu use virtual dj for video :(( what are my options???

none at the moment
iCandy 10:46 PM - 24 October, 2011
Quote:
Your fine with Intro asking stuff from ITCH or SSL is not gonna happen.

Im not asking for intro to "be like" ITCH or SSL, Im just hoping that ITCH or SSL will support N4 and make the controller compatible with the software.
iCandy 10:50 PM - 24 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
I think Serato should.

Intro is a new product an it is impossible for any one to no what it will support in the future because serato is a business an they are not in the habit of giving up any secrects.

My advise....it will never happen.

Yeah, I understand that Intro is somewhat comparable to the "LE" version of VDJ and Traktor. so im sure no advanced features will happen there.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:48 AM - 26 October, 2011
Hey iCandy,

There are no plans for ITCH or Scratch Live to support the Numark N4.

Cheers!