DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DELETING DUPLICATE FILES IN SSL

DJMH 3:27 PM - 19 October, 2011
Hi, does anybody know of a quick & efficient way of deleting duplicate tracks/files in Serato?

I know there is a way to delete duplicate tracks in iTunes but I'm not using iTunes to organise my music, and there is only duplicates in Serato NOT in my music library ..

I find it hard to believe a multi-million £/$ company have not found out a way to rectify this very common problem..

:-)
Audio1 5:23 PM - 19 October, 2011
My suggestion would be to click on Files and click on Rescan ID3 tags. It will rescan your music library. Sometimes duplicate files are files that no longer exist inside of Serato or your HD. Those usually get labeled as pink.

You might also just have too many of the same tunes. You can use something like Mediamonkey or any of those organizational apps to help with your day to day organization.

Good luck.
DJMH 5:33 PM - 19 October, 2011
Thanks for your help bro, I'll give that a go. Matt
Audio1 5:40 PM - 19 October, 2011
No problem. I spend a few hours every single day of my life on organization. If you keep everything organized right, You should be ok. Its hard these days sometimes with so many tracks dropping and every track has 30 different remixes. You have to be honest with yourself and even ask yourself "These 30 remixes are hot, but do I really need them all? Am I even gonna play any of them?" Suddenly, You find yourself with an original version, an intro, possible an instrumental and 1-2 remixes. better that way than have too much overkill in your music collection. :)
DJMH 6:09 PM - 19 October, 2011
Realtalk!
Audio1 6:10 PM - 19 October, 2011
serato.com This thread has a lot of awesome information about library organization. Good luck.
DJ NewYork 9:57 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
If you keep everything organized right, You should be ok. Its hard these days sometimes with so many tracks dropping and every track has 30 different remixes. You have to be honest with yourself and even ask yourself "These 30 remixes are hot, but do I really need them all? Am I even gonna play any of them?" Suddenly, You find yourself with an original version, an intro, possible an instrumental and 1-2 remixes. better that way than have too much overkill in your music collection. :)

+1 on Audio1 quote, I totally agree and live by this
Melinda 3:50 PM - 5 January, 2012
Here is the solution in this link;
DuplicateFilesDeleter.com
RogerRabbit 10:55 PM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
Here is the solution in this link;
DuplicateFilesDeleter.com

Crap app...Crashing when try to browse my pc..
Tim Helmy 2:28 AM - 23 October, 2013
I copy all serato files into an itunes playlist and delete exact duplicates.. Delete serato's files and re-load from itunes playlist..
yunda 2:25 AM - 3 July, 2014
I am using www.duplicatefilter.com to find and delete duplicate files on my hard drive. It is working fine.
Frankie Glasses 5:45 PM - 3 July, 2014
So if i use one of these programs, how do the duplicates get erased from Serato? Do i just need to re-scan all my files and then look for the pink ones and delete those?
Algowin Deborak 7:21 PM - 31 January, 2015
I was totally bored with that problem but now I'm free from that because of "DuplicateFilesDeleter" . It saves my time and energy. I will say it's a RockStar software:)
daniel.luke1984 2:15 PM - 1 August, 2015
Duplicate Files Deleter is surely the right choice for such situations.
asante 10:25 AM - 31 August, 2015
I use Gemini on my Mac. Cleans it up nicely.
rewanya 5:49 PM - 14 January, 2016
I use Duplicate Files Deleter as it is very effective. It is 100% accurate and performs the scan quickly.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:35 PM - 14 January, 2016
ROTFLMAO at all the "different people" who decided to create accounts at the same time just to advertise duplicate file deleter lol
Alex82st 6:20 AM - 29 March, 2016
Not all versions of iTunes have a built-in function to remove duplicates. I delete duplicates using the program iTunes Duplicate Remover Free - manyprog.com .
BASE2MUZIK 6:36 PM - 24 April, 2016
So any effective way to do it thats fast and efficient, my external hard drive was accidentally clones and tripicated and added to serato. Have no clue how it happened, my daughter was playing around and must have pressed something.
DJ LIL M 2:59 AM - 25 April, 2016
is there a mac version
Kamila Rodrigo 4:49 AM - 14 June, 2016
Dear

Just use DuplicateFilesDeleter it's best for deleting files
Mood 6:47 AM - 29 July, 2016
I tried TriSun Software's duplicate image searcher, very fast and accurate, you can have a try. duplicate file software www.johnblog.com
Abigail Madison 4:52 PM - 3 August, 2016
Duplicate Files Deleter is a simple, but effective tool to locate duplicate files in one or more selected search paths. It scans the files and compares them based on Byte for Byte Comparison, which ensures 100% accuracy. You can then choose to delete the selected duplicate or original files. The program is multi-threaded and performs scans quickly.
DJ Ravien 7:52 PM - 3 August, 2016
I could be wrong, but I don't think his problem is actually duplicate files since serato is claiming it cannot find them.

Re-analyze your tracks then sort by the first column, and select all the missing ? files and delete them
Mood 6:28 AM - 5 August, 2016
If you want to delete duplicate pictures in your computer, you can try this software. fast and accurate 100%. duplicatefilefinder4pc.com
tina rodrigo 11:03 PM - 20 August, 2016
"The Duplicate Files Deleter", That is to remove all the unwanted, duplicated files from your machine.
The software called the Duplicate Files Deleter will do a thorough search of your hard disk and find out the two or more duplicate files of the same file which may be stored at different locations.
fina loren 1:22 AM - 21 August, 2016
I used to have similar problems too, but after using "DuplicateFilesDeleter" everything was solved. Try this software and you would be glad you did,
there are many ways in which you can sort the randomized files in the hard disk.
tina_rodrigo 10:17 AM - 21 August, 2016
I use Dulpicate files deleter,it is very simple to use. But make it sure to keep the important files in back up. just take a try, Thanks.
LoLyfe 8:28 AM - 26 August, 2016
THIS POST SPONSORED BY "DUPLICATE FILES DELETER".
Sharod 8:41 AM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:

+1
DaveAwesome 8:07 PM - 18 September, 2016
Did anyone find out how to simply Delete the Serato DUP (Not actual file). Meaning if it's just a case issue in the tags?

Appreciated.
DJ aCid 2:19 PM - 17 March, 2017
Quote:
Did anyone find out how to simply Delete the Serato DUP (Not actual file). Meaning if it's just a case issue in the tags?

Appreciated.

+1
I have many duplicate file entries inside Serate DJ after pulling a folder into its crate a second time. (First time was on Windows, second time on MacOS)
VJ DJ J-ROCK 12:06 AM - 5 August, 2017
is there a duplicate files deleter for Mac ios?
WizzardfromOz 9:47 AM - 6 August, 2017
Yes there is, I use a software called Duplicate Files Deleter, it's very easy to use and after it finds the duplicate files it lets you chose what you want to do with them (copy/delete/move). You can even check network files and you can check multiple paths in the same scan. This helps me alot. I hope you too.
dj joey d P.R. 9:25 PM - 6 August, 2017
Quote:

LMAO X 30,000 !!!!

LOOKING for info regarding this issue i found this nice post sponsored 100% by DFD !!!!
Astolab 7:25 AM - 18 January, 2018
To delete duplicate tracks you can try Duplicate Media Finder.

This is a user-friendly application but works only on Windows.
It is also a great tool to remove similar photos and videos. It can find exact or similar matches regardless of file names.

duplicate-media-finder.kdo-rg.com
Dj Classic One 8:19 AM - 21 January, 2018
The question again !!! IS IT FOR MAC !!!
leroy 5747 6:22 PM - 31 August, 2018
Does anyone know how to get rid of “duplicate files deleter”