Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How do you put your music in a specific order???

Snipa Layz 2:56 PM - 5 September, 2011
Im a reggae DJ and we have a lot music with the same beat and I like to align all my music by bpm. When I do this, my riddims get mixed up with other riddims with the same bpm and it makes it hard to find the same riddim. So how do i rearrange them so that they're all together? I've tried clicking and dragging but that doesnt work.
djcerla 3:01 PM - 5 September, 2011
just click the "#" symbol near "song" in the bar and arrange your music.
haze324 3:23 PM - 5 September, 2011
i make crates by what songs I want to play at certain times...this is usually by energy level and then I sort by BPM.
kraal 4:41 PM - 5 September, 2011
make separate crates.... or if you want to keep them in the same crate try color coding them
BadBoyChubs 4:42 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:
Im a reggae DJ and we have a lot music with the same beat and I like to align all my music by bpm. When I do this, my riddims get mixed up with other riddims with the same bpm and it makes it hard to find the same riddim. So how do i rearrange them so that they're all together? I've tried clicking and dragging but that doesnt work.

only work around is as @djcerla said is sort by #, Or do i wat i do, create a crate fro each riddim and rearrange the crates by bpm.
Koolaay97 4:53 PM - 5 September, 2011
This is how my reggae is sorted on my HD
Root> 2011 REGGAE
Sub> DANCE HALL
Sub> ROOTS
Sub> ONE DROP

In each sub genre folder I have all my riddim & single individual folder. And all would start with
xxx followed by the riddim or single title......
xxx being the BPM
Snipa Layz 6:35 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:

That really scrambles it up. And i hate to make too many crates cause for all the people thats familar with reggae music. You go through tunes quick as hell and I hate having to keep searching for the next track. Serato engineers, why are we not able to click and drag song in the order we want. I dont see why we dont have this as an option already...
Ragman 6:51 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

That really scrambles it up. And i hate to make too many crates cause for all the people thats familar with reggae music. You go through tunes quick as hell and I hate having to keep searching for the next track. Serato engineers, why are we not able to click and drag song in the order we want. I dont see why we dont have this as an option already...

Because you have the ability to rename the tune in Itch/SSL and sort it that way. (i.e. if you want to make certain songs be listed in an order you want simply add 1,2,3,4 etc). to the beginning of the track title. It is only renamed in the software not the original tracks. However I agree, being able to drag them in certain order would be more efficient.
casket hands 7:10 PM - 5 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You can click and drag into any order you want. Sort by number and then organize to your hearts delight.
dj lashes 7:48 PM - 5 September, 2011
any and everyone that thinks you can just click # and put them in the order you which does not understand what "Snipa Layz" is asking for, I can tell you as i am also a Dancehall / Bashment / Reggae or any thing you want to call it....
@Snipa Layz bro serato like most other mixing programs have not yet made anything to work in that way as we would need it to, has an idea that maybe could work:
if we could link track together make one of them the main track and the rest follow so if you click bpm it would put the main one it right order and rest sit under it like this...

song artist bmp album comment
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 65 Riddim 1 master song of riddim1
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 89 Riddim 1 following master riddim1
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 120 Riddim 1 following master riddim1
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 155 Riddim 1 following master riddim1
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 80 Riddim 2 master song of riddim2
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 90 Riddim 2 following master riddim2
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 91 Riddim 2 following master riddim2
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 100 Riddim 2 following master riddim2
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 90 Riddim 3 master song of riddim3
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 70 Riddim 3 following master riddim3
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 80 Riddim 3 following master riddim3

so as you see the master songs them self are in bmp order and the folling song are in bmp order but only to there master song..
dj lashes 7:51 PM - 5 September, 2011
sorry missed some words out....

any and everyone that thinks you can just click # and put them in the order you wish does not understand what "Snipa Layz" is asking for, I can tell you that as i am also a Dancehall / Bashment / Reggae or any thing you want to call it and i have the same prob....
@Snipa Layz bro serato like most other mixing programs have not yet made anything to work in that way as we would need it to, has an idea that maybe could work:
if we could link track together make one of them the main track and the rest follow so if you click bpm it would put the main one it right order and rest sit under it like this...

so as you see the master songs them self are in bmp order and the folling song are in bmp order but only to there master song..
kraal 11:13 PM - 5 September, 2011
thats why i suggest marking them by colors then your bpm order will be intact you just need to match colors
dj lashes 1:18 AM - 6 September, 2011
wish serato would step in and let us know if they plan to work this out this really would be a 1st in mixing programs if they done something like this .. hope i get % of my idea lol
Snipa Layz 3:28 AM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:
sorry missed some words out....

any and everyone that thinks you can just click # and put them in the order you wish does not understand what "Snipa Layz" is asking for, I can tell you that as i am also a Dancehall / Bashment / Reggae or any thing you want to call it and i have the same prob....

what i might try doing is adding a new column ie..."comments" and then group them in order that way...ie..
album bpm comments
bellays riddim 90 1 bellays
showtime riddim 90 2 showtime
and so on and so on
Snipa Layz 3:33 AM - 6 September, 2011
what i might try doing is adding a new column ie..."comments" and then group them in order that way...ie..
album......................bpm..........................
......comments
bellays riddim............. 90 ................................1 bellays
showtime riddim.......... 90 ................................2 showtime
stink riddim................90.................................3 stink

and so on and so on
dj lashes 4:57 AM - 6 September, 2011
Snipa its so sad that this has not been something that has been looked in and sorted out by now, i really think about it alot and i feel like most of the mixing programs are made for techno, dance, rave, ect style music ..

anyway here is what i do, all my riddim are in order by album name abcde and so on like then i use a smart crate to get the riddim in bpm like this:
*comment is dancehall riddims1
*bpm greater than or equal to 60
*bpm less than or equal to 70
using this i will only see song that are in my riddim1 fold as i set comment on all to riddim1 the only song that bpm is from 60 to 70.
i just edit the info to see in other crate riddim 2,3,4 .... and the bpm
the order will still be mixed up so just click on album and that will put the riddim in line
Johnny Blaze 357 7:20 PM - 1 June, 2014
I've been trying to arrange my songs in a certain order in my crate, but every time I got back into the software all the songs are mixed up again how do I keep them in the order I want?
Dj Fitty 2:40 PM - 28 June, 2014
Sort by order added