DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What is the easiest and fastest way to repair corrupted mp3's?

DJ NIKY I 5:35 PM - 24 August, 2007
What software you use?
a-swift 5:37 PM - 24 August, 2007
i asked this a while back too. didnt get any decent answers.
sixxx 5:38 PM - 24 August, 2007
It really depends on the type of corruption. That's why you can't get straight answers.
sixxx 5:38 PM - 24 August, 2007
Serato can tell you what type of corruption your file has btw.
Kool DJ Sheak One 5:48 PM - 24 August, 2007
Question: When you drag the pointer over the crack, it shows you why the track is corrupt. However, it only flashes and I have to go over it a bunch of times to see whats wrong. It hasn't always been like that so what the hell?
djaction 5:51 PM - 24 August, 2007
Just fixed this on my friends PC. Took a while but I figured out what was causing the problem. Just follow these steps in this exact order: Click the Start Menu on the bottom left, Click Control Panel, Double-Click Add/Remove Programs, Scroll down to Limewire and click OK.
sixxx 5:52 PM - 24 August, 2007
Quote:
Just fixed this on my friends PC. Took a while but I figured out what was causing the problem. Just follow these steps in this exact order: Click the Start Menu on the bottom left, Click Control Panel, Double-Click Add/Remove Programs, Scroll down to Limewire and click OK.

hahaha
sixxx 5:52 PM - 24 August, 2007
Quote:
Question: When you drag the pointer over the crack, it shows you why the track is corrupt. However, it only flashes and I have to go over it a bunch of times to see whats wrong. It hasn't always been like that so what the hell?

It shouldn't just flash. It should stay on as long as you have the cursor over it.
djbriguy 5:58 PM - 24 August, 2007
Quote:

lol thats hilarious
a-swift 6:03 PM - 24 August, 2007
actually, and i'm being serious here. corruption is caused because i have 5 different programs on my laptop which ALL feel the need to write to my damn music files.

if you only have 1 program that writes to your files, fine. but when you have a bunch, it's a pain in the ass.

i'll never back off that one. serato and all the other dj programs should not be trying to write to my damn mp3s.
DJ NIKY I 6:56 PM - 24 August, 2007
What programs do you use to overwrite the mp3 so the problem can be fixed?
sixxx 7:00 PM - 24 August, 2007
It really depends on what's wrong with mp3. If they're a problem in the tag. Sometimes, stripping the tag and rewriting a new one works. If there's bit information missing, then you most likely have to re-encode.
CMOS 7:01 PM - 24 August, 2007
All tracks that i create with Adobe Audition 2.0 using the Fraunhoefer (sp?) encoder come up as corrupt. The wavs that i export from Audtion wont even play it shows an empty file.
Dj Shamann 7:01 PM - 24 August, 2007
Quote:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Brap!
Konix 7:06 PM - 24 August, 2007
Quote:

I notice this a lot also. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it does not.

Quote:
All tracks that i create with Adobe Audition 2.0 using the Fraunhoefer (sp?) encoder come up as corrupt. The wavs that i export from Audtion wont even play it shows an empty file.

I wouldn't recommend Adobe for encoding mp3s. It uses "mp3pro" format, which always comes up as corrupt in SSL. As for the wav files, are you saving them as PCM wavs or ACM wav. Make sure it's PCM.
CMOS 7:14 PM - 24 August, 2007
def PCM. The pcm wav files show up in ssl as not corrupt but there nothing in them. Can i get Lame into audition? I like doing everything in one program.
KaGeN 9:52 PM - 24 August, 2007
any corrupt MP3 that I own, I just open in in Adobe Auditions - make sure it plays and re-save it with a different name or as an AIFF if it is of high quality.
DJCrank 8:50 AM - 26 June, 2008
I found that on my computer I have Adove Audition, PCDJ red, Serato and the Pioneer DJ Program. 3 of them add some sort of coding to my files, when i try to play anything played through Pioneer DJS1 software, they load in Serato as corrupt. They cause serato to freeze and re-build the overview which takes for ever
canicypher 3:42 AM - 18 May, 2012
Any new ways to fix corrupted mp3's. My corrupted file says it contains invalid audio data...
Djaward 4:21 AM - 18 May, 2012
Re-Record the file with serato. I did the following,

-Record the song in serato (I used the TTM-57)
-Adjust the sound to your liking.
-When done recording, make sure you analyze the new track.
-Then delete the OG corrupted file from your computer.
L2daGee 5:13 AM - 18 May, 2012
Get a un-corrupted replacement track.
DJ Unique 5:37 AM - 18 May, 2012
or use iTunes to convert to AIFF
MISTER RIPPER 8:49 AM - 18 May, 2012
Mp3 scan & repair ( might be for mac only)
or
use audicty or soundforge ,wavelab to recode (save as another file )
DJ Matty Stiles 1:35 PM - 18 May, 2012
I asked this question a while back and didn't get decent answers. I had about 150 corrupt files and converting them individually seemed daunting. There is a program called platinum notes where you can get that you can literally drag all of the files at once and re-convert them as a big batch to either wav or mp3. I then dragged the new files in serato and hey presto, they didn't show up as corrupt. However, i'm not ENTIRELY sure whether this method completely uncorrupts the files. Nonetheless they DID show as uncorrupt in serato. What do you think Konix?
DJ GaFFle 1:42 PM - 18 May, 2012
Quote:
or use iTunes to convert to AIFF

+1... Solid method. Anything else would be uncivilized.
DJ Unique 10:31 PM - 18 May, 2012
Quote:
I asked this question a while back and didn't get decent answers. I had about 150 corrupt files and converting them individually seemed daunting. There is a program called platinum notes where you can get that you can literally drag all of the files at once and re-convert them as a big batch to either wav or mp3. I then dragged the new files in serato and hey presto, they didn't show up as corrupt. However, i'm not ENTIRELY sure whether this method completely uncorrupts the files. Nonetheless they DID show as uncorrupt in serato. What do you think Konix?

Doesn't Platinum Notes take your MP3 and converts another MP3 version of the same file. I don't like re-compressing an already compressed file.
DJ Matty Stiles 11:20 PM - 19 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't Platinum Notes take your MP3 and converts another MP3 version of the same file. I don't like re-compressing an already compressed file.

You can choose between wav and mp3
canicypher 6:33 AM - 20 May, 2012
mucho gracious, re-convert in itunes it is..
LoLyfe 3:14 PM - 23 April, 2014
for Audition just make sure you uncheck "include markers and other metadata"