Quote:
go to hell sync

+500
Carlos Sabes 1:44 PM - 1 August, 2011
WTF up w/ sync?
djleenorth 3:19 PM - 1 August, 2011
I Can,t Down Load Because It State It May harm My computer
magin 6:39 PM - 1 August, 2011
Loving itch 2.0 and great to hear some Tokyo Pros in the demo Video!!!
djalacranero 9:41 PM - 1 August, 2011
It Looks Awsome. Nice One Serato.
DJ.Tyme 11:05 PM - 1 August, 2011
djleenorth are you lost ?
DJ.Tyme 11:06 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
go to hell sync

+200
dj tayway 11:32 PM - 1 August, 2011
I really like the look of 2.0
dj genius 33 3:24 AM - 2 August, 2011
brand new mac and 2.0 is stalling to load after using twice without a problem...........i hate this.......
DJ.Tyme 3:30 AM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
brand new mac and 2.0 is stalling to load after using twice without a problem...........i hate this.......

this iz the quotes i like to find, because so many DJ's talk about how mac's have no problems what so ever. and they tend to hate on us pc guy's all the tyme. but ive seen mac guys event step up to the bat and say look at the forums us mac guy have alot of problems to
Dj B-Ro_D' 4:00 AM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
go to hell sync

+500

yup
Dj B-Ro_D' 4:30 AM - 2 August, 2011
how do u get free loopmaster pack that serato said about
MCruzEvents.com 5:54 AM - 2 August, 2011
dont like the sync it really sucks...
MCruzEvents.com 5:55 AM - 2 August, 2011
the center layout wont show up
MCruzEvents.com 5:58 AM - 2 August, 2011
the classic vertical mode , wont show up anyone else with this issue??
Dj Mindset 9:47 AM - 2 August, 2011
new and improved sync?... if it ain't broke don't fix it
Mini Cederholm 11:33 AM - 2 August, 2011
are gonna need a 42 Inch screen in the future to ba able to see the libary without jumping like a frog in layouts
djalacranero 3:25 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
how do u get free loopmaster pack that serato said about

here the link bro. u have to sing up with this guys,
well there the step by step on what to do.

www.loopmasters.com
dj killer fire 9:30 PM - 2 August, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com video scratch serato itch 2.00
DJ_NIPS2010 2:03 AM - 3 August, 2011
i must admit i am a pc person been djing for years old school, then one day fell in love with the ns7fx the store that sold it to me told me my laptop was more than good enuff to run the programs from it so i bought it woot woot , well wouldnt ya know it itch screws everything up so i started using virtual dj 7.4 now then i saw itch 2.0 out so i got stoked thinking it was fixed !!!!!! ya right guys its a waste of time it has a new face thats it !!!!!!! sound fades while you play ! i have been reconfiguring my pc all damn day and the best i got was 2 hours of play no prblems then bam it cuts, freezes and starts the same crap as past versions !!!!! when will they make a program that works for everyone ? yes mac is better but i am fed up and ready to scrap serato and numarks and go back to old school
DJ_NIPS2010 2:05 AM - 3 August, 2011
sorry guys nothing good to say about it at all
DJ.Tyme 5:29 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
i must admit i am a pc person been djing for years old school, then one day fell in love with the ns7fx the store that sold it to me told me my laptop was more than good enuff to run the programs from it so i bought it woot woot , well wouldnt ya know it itch screws everything up so i started using virtual dj 7.4 now then i saw itch 2.0 out so i got stoked thinking it was fixed !!!!!! ya right guys its a waste of time it has a new face thats it !!!!!!! sound fades while you play ! i have been reconfiguring my pc all damn day and the best i got was 2 hours of play no prblems then bam it cuts, freezes and starts the same crap as past versions !!!!! when will they make a program that works for everyone ? yes mac is better but i am fed up and ready to scrap serato and numarks and go back to old school
there is alot of us who have had no problems @ all ???? im using itch 2.0 and VDJ. read on my friend = serato.com
DJ.Tyme 5:31 AM - 3 August, 2011
@ DJ_NIPS2010 sick of hearing mac is better try reading all the post on here about macs having problems just as much as pc guys = serato.com
advance 8:03 AM - 3 August, 2011
Love the new look but the sync is not working for me!!!!!!
advance 8:07 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Love the new look but the sync is not working for me!!!!!!

On the ns7 that is....
nuttybeats 10:10 AM - 3 August, 2011
Downloaded it....Installed it...Tried it...it looks very pretty and sound quality is great as usual...and I went back to using Virtual DJ.

Serato!!!!!!! Be wise and learn from other software companies who are constantly listening to their customers.
You need to first of all get rid of the whole crate nonsense. My music is all organized already on my hard drive and I really HATE doing it all over again.
Second, what's up with the new sync? Seriously.
HINT: VDJ
lolzy 11:10 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Downloaded it....Installed it...Tried it...it looks very pretty and sound quality is great as usual...and I went back to using Virtual DJ.

Serato!!!!!!! Be wise and learn from other software companies who are constantly listening to their customers.
You need to first of all get rid of the whole crate nonsense. My music is all organized already on my hard drive and I really HATE doing it all over again.

VDJ All the way brother.
Quote:
dont like the sync it really sucks...

Agreed.
dj killer fire 1:38 AM - 4 August, 2011
hello, I notice that many of you this full-automatic sync of serato itch. but its mean if there are no graphics or ny bpm sync, or sync to the witness you do not mix. be dj c is having tuned for combos. training pays so do not cry for things not very important work and the mix should not be forgotten because it's a great passion dj-ing.
DJ.Tyme 2:45 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:

+1 im with you 100% on this topic. have a read = serato.com
Rasta Yute 2:50 AM - 4 August, 2011
WTF is up with Sync. This feature really sucks. I guess you need a Ph.d to figure it out.

Go back to the old sync or post a tutorial on how to use it. Damn!!!!!
DJ.Tyme 2:52 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
WTF is up with Sync. This feature really sucks. I guess you need a Ph.d to figure it out.

Go back to the old sync or post a tutorial on how to use it. Damn!!!!!

read up my friend = serato.com
Rasta Yute 2:54 AM - 4 August, 2011
I like all of the new features except the SYNC. Screw this, I'm going back to 1.7.1.
DJ LOCO123 3:08 AM - 4 August, 2011
I'm an old school DJ from back in the 80's...when we had to carry crates of vinyl, and as time went on I went to cd's and now everything is by computers like for ex: mp3-mp4 or whatever they call it now......back then we didn't have sync or computers telling us bpm's. So I don't understand if you are a true Dj and you don't like the sync function then don't use it !!!! I just don't understand the whole issue with the sync button- LOL hell I didn't know what the sync button was till I started reading all these comments and I went ahead and pressed the DAMN button and it didn't do anything anyways......so what's the bBIG DEAL???? I'm just saying.
Serato
Brigid 3:30 AM - 4 August, 2011
Hey everyone,
For SYNC, press SYNC on the deck that's playing, then press SYNC on the deck you want to sync.

We changed it purposely for a few reasons, but mainly, because of the addition of the SP-6 and SYNC to the SP-6. This way, we find it more straight forward when SYNCing with more than two decks (four decks, SP6, etc).

With so many sources, it's hard to know what is synced to what. But this way, you dictate it yourself, so it is easier to follow.
DJ.Tyme 3:39 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
I'm an old school DJ from back in the 80's...when we had to carry crates of vinyl, and as time went on I went to cd's and now everything is by computers like for ex: mp3-mp4 or whatever they call it now......back then we didn't have sync or computers telling us bpm's. So I don't understand if you are a true Dj and you don't like the sync function then don't use it !!!! I just don't understand the whole issue with the sync button- LOL hell I didn't know what the sync button was till I started reading all these comments and I went ahead and pressed the DAMN button and it didn't do anything anyways......so what's the bBIG DEAL???? I'm just saying.

+100 on this one
Serato
Brigid 3:45 AM - 4 August, 2011
Having said that, we hear everyone's feedback and SYNC is still a hot topic in the office.
south kac 7:36 AM - 4 August, 2011
love the new look hate the sync serato please fix that hate doing a show and the sync stuck and i bring in a song in and it to fast or to slow fix it or put up a post on how to cut it off hate to leave itch 2.0
Rasta Yute 3:35 PM - 4 August, 2011
DJ Time,

It's not that we can't blaze without the Sync; it's working smarter vs. harder, otherwise we would be lugging boxes and boxes of music like back in the days. I, for one , don't want to go back to those days. If the feature is there, i'm gonna use it. Call me lazy. I call exploiting technology. I guess it's my Lean Six Sigma training.

Other than that, I like the 2.0, really good stuff.
Philly DJ 4:15 PM - 4 August, 2011
It's simply amazing on how many people complain and rely on the Sync feature(s). Trying doing it old school and using your ear for beat matching. That's a requirement to be a "DJ"... in my opinion of course.
DJ.Tyme 4:43 PM - 4 August, 2011
@ rasta its (Tyme) its all gud
DJ.Tyme 4:44 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
It's simply amazing on how many people complain and rely on the Sync feature(s). Trying doing it old school and using your ear for beat matching. That's a requirement to be a "DJ"... in my opinion of course.

200% on this one also !!!
DJ HANGLOOSE 6:22 PM - 4 August, 2011
I love it and cant wait till the Bridge comes out for Itch.Itch 2.0 looks real sharp and the sampler is dope.I was thinking of getting tha Akai APC 40 to postup for the Bridge but for now does anyone know if the APC 40 can work as Itch Sampler hardware?
JORVANNY 6:32 PM - 4 August, 2011
Now my Vestax 300 doesn't work with this new update. Only the power light is on. It doesn't even let me update the hardware :(
DJ HANGLOOSE 7:07 PM - 4 August, 2011
If your looking for a dope laptop checkout Rain Computers.The only reason alot of heads run out and get a Mac is because they see other Dj using it and they dont get cookies and most viruses.Now what happens is alot of times some checkout the basic specs on there program and and jump on a PC or Mac.Most programs run the best on a 32 Bit system 64 bit work but it takes alot more to run.Alot of Djs get a Mac and think its all good then it lags.Thats because they have a Mac but didnt know they went home with a 64 Bit system and in due time it freezes.Now dont think your gonna get a Mac as a day time surfer and nite time dj or even with a Pc dont do this.Your Dj Laptop should only be for Djing.Even when i download music i do it on another laptop and Zip drive it over to avoid my wifi wondering around and picking up stuff.Just disable your Wifi.You get what you pay for even Rain Computers have 32 and 64 Bit systems always get a 32Bit system.I say Rain for the face it dosnt come with a bunch of crap you dont need like a Mac.Just your programs and music is all you need in a laptop.
DJ FLiP 310 7:14 PM - 4 August, 2011
My complaint is not about the sync not working which in fact it really isn't. What I'm having issues with is when I load a track onto either side A or side B on my NS7fx there seems to be lag when being loaded which causes the song that's being played to stop for about a second in order for the track that's being loaded to start. This really sucks and is really frustrating I can't imagine dj'ing at an event and this happening. Please fix this ASAP, other than that itch 2.0 is great. Thanks!
DJ.Tyme 8:48 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
If your looking for a dope laptop checkout Rain Computers.The only reason alot of heads run out and get a Mac is because they see other Dj using it and they dont get cookies and most viruses.Now what happens is alot of times some checkout the basic specs on there program and and jump on a PC or Mac.Most programs run the best on a 32 Bit system 64 bit work but it takes alot more to run.Alot of Djs get a Mac and think its all good then it lags.Thats because they have a Mac but didnt know they went home with a 64 Bit system and in due time it freezes.Now dont think your gonna get a Mac as a day time surfer and nite time dj or even with a Pc dont do this.Your Dj Laptop should only be for Djing.Even when i download music i do it on another laptop and Zip drive it over to avoid my wifi wondering around and picking up stuff.Just disable your Wifi.You get what you pay for even Rain Computers have 32 and 64 Bit systems always get a 32Bit system.I say Rain for the face it dosnt come with a bunch of crap you dont need like a Mac.Just your programs and music is all you need in a laptop.

Quote:
somewhat true as to wut you have said BUT there is nothing wrong with a 64bit all my dj laptops have been 64bit. (64bit = more ram.more ram = faster system)
DJ.Tyme 8:50 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
My complaint is not about the sync not working which in fact it really isn't. What I'm having issues with is when I load a track onto either side A or side B on my NS7fx there seems to be lag when being loaded which causes the song that's being played to stop for about a second in order for the track that's being loaded to start. This really sucks and is really frustrating I can't imagine dj'ing at an event and this happening. Please fix this ASAP, other than that itch 2.0 is great. Thanks!
this issue is being addressed on another thread I just kant member where its @ its the fx bar that's kausing the problems
Giant 9:51 PM - 4 August, 2011
just checking out 2.0 it seems to be ok not sure if i will use it on the radio yet but you guys a bsing over the sync wow you must be a fake dj or just cant mix do you want serato to mix for you as well.....
ThatMoment 11:11 PM - 4 August, 2011
The problem isn't the sync aspect in my opinion..It is the fact that it doesn't reset the auto tempo after you turn it off..If is annoying that when it is off the pitch at zero isn't even..That is the only issue that I have with it..Always mix by ear anyway..Sync can only help so much. If there is something I miss about when you clear the auto tempo please let me know Serato. It would be helpful. Vestax VCI-300 MKII
DJ LOCO123 11:16 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

200% on this one also !!!

im with you 100% on this!!!!
DJ LOCO123 11:19 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
just checking out 2.0 it seems to be ok not sure if i will use it on the radio yet but you guys a bsing over the sync wow you must be a fake dj or just cant mix do you want serato to mix for you as well.....

LMFAO!!!!! im with you 100% on this one bro.
DJ Don Legend 12:42 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
It Looks Awsome. Nice One Serato.

YAAAAAAAAAA MANN!
JCdread 9:02 AM - 5 August, 2011
the Sp-6 doesn't show up , regardless if i turn it on or off in the setup / plugins. why? does it need to be plugged into my controller to show up?
Serato
Brigid 9:13 AM - 5 August, 2011
Hey JCdread,

Yes, you do need to plug in your hardware to see it.
JCdread 2:39 PM - 5 August, 2011
ok, it's not with me currently. I will try soon, I have the Vestex VC!-300 will i be able to trigger the sampler with the controller or will i have to use my mouse pad.?
househead79 3:58 PM - 5 August, 2011
I can't seem 2 make the beatgrid to work!! Whats the deal wit that.....

Is there anyway to trigger the SP-6 without using my laptop?? (Im using a NS7/FX)
DJ-Charly 6:45 PM - 5 August, 2011
Hello Serato,

I'm sure you're doing a great job with itch, but what's about ScratchLive?!?! I'm not using itch, but I'm using ScratchLive!

Mac OS X Lion is now released for more than one week, I'm sure you're had the possibility to get your hands on some Beta Versions of it and you're still not done in fixing all the mentioned bugs! Come on guys!

You happy about releasing itch 2.0. But serious problems in ScratchLive! still persists and I think it's really time to resolve them right NOW!

I completly understand if there are still some issues, that freakin' you guys out, but what's about a timeline, next steps or a DATE?! there is no blog, no news, no information. Just a post which says: Lion not suported! And that's it? Are you serious?

So I really beggin' you: Just inform us what's going! Tell us when Lion will be supported.

Greetz
Serato
Brigid 12:57 AM - 6 August, 2011
Hey DJ-Charly,

Sorry that you haven't had an update on Scratch Live 2.3 or Lion support. We have been updating people through our social networks, and if you're interested, you can find us here:

www.twitter.com
www.facebook.com

In short, Scratch Live 2.3 has been in Public Beta for around two weeks, and was delayed from final release this week because of some last minute bug fixes that needed to go in. If all goes well over the weekend, final release will be next week.

I wrote this statement about Lion support on our Facebook here, because I know that a lot of people are eagerly awaiting our official support: www.facebook.com

We are always overly cautious when new a new OS drops, as there's a number of unknowns that could affect any part of our software. We appreciate everyone's patience while we extensively test all our supported hardware with Lion, and hope to offer support as soon as possible.

If you need anymore information, let me know.
Dj rick A 4:37 PM - 6 August, 2011
i havent updated my mac to lion yet, will itch 2.0 work fine with lion? what about itch 1.5, which is what i still use cuz it works perfect for me?
Philly DJ 5:02 PM - 6 August, 2011
No, don't do it with Lion...Not working just yet. Save yourself the troubles...v.10.6.8 works best.
PapaDrew 11:05 PM - 7 August, 2011
Hmm.. Respect due to the old school dj's who certainly don't need a sync button or even Serato for that matter. They can rock a party with just 2 1200s, mixer of choice and crates of records. However, those of us who use a controller with Serato Itch might have gotten used to the ease of just pressing the auto tempo button to quickly match the grid bpm of 2 given tracks. At least with my VCI-300 mk2 and the Itch 2.0 (on mac), this feature seems to be completely disabled and non-functioning. Yes, I'm sure most can adjust the sliders, use our ears, and even use those handy visuals but as for me, I did enjoy the simplicity of quickly syncing multiple tracks with this feature. Especially after setting up a lot of custom beatgrids.

Perhaps it could be a hardware issue in my case? I'll start a support thread but from what I'm reading here, this would appear to be a known issue/new 'feature'?
Dj Ly 4:36 AM - 8 August, 2011
The sync is all messed up. The only way to release the sync is by using the curser on my laptop to hit the sync off button inside of the Itch program. The tempo is off, when you turn off the sync tmepo is all wrong, the tempo does not go to were it supposed to be according to where the tempo slider is on your controller. Say the original tempo for the song is 85 bpms but I was playing it at 87 bpms, if the tempo slider was below the mid point and you turned off the sync the tempo stays at 87bpms. This sucks going back to 1.7 until they fix.
singh 6:17 AM - 8 August, 2011
Please fix the SYNC feature....
DJ LOCO123 12:13 PM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
Hmm.. Respect due to the old school dj's who certainly don't need a sync button or even Serato for that matter. They can rock a party with just 2 1200s, mixer of choice and crates of records. However, those of us who use a controller with Serato Itch might have gotten used to the ease of just pressing the auto tempo button to quickly match the grid bpm of 2 given tracks. At least with my VCI-300 mk2 and the Itch 2.0 (on mac), this feature seems to be completely disabled and non-functioning. Yes, I'm sure most can adjust the sliders, use our ears, and even use those handy visuals but as for me, I did enjoy the simplicity of quickly syncing multiple tracks with this feature. Especially after setting up a lot of custom beatgrids.

Perhaps it could be a hardware issue in my case? I'll start a support thread but from what I'm reading here, this would appear to be a known issue/new 'feature'?

Thanks bro. yes all we had wuz 1200's and my choice of mixer wuz numark. lol and i still got them but can't get vynl lp's for them. But I am glad with the new technology we don't have to rent cargo vans to move all these equipments around any longer lol....I have scratch live and the numark ns7- for sratch live I still have to carry cd j's 2000 and djm2000. I like the ns7 but it's too heavy, so now I have the pioneer cdj s1 - it's just like sratch live and i'm pretty much gonna stick with this one.... well bro i hope they fix the sync button for you and yes it makes it easier for you and everyone else to beat match bpm's. But for one of the requirements to being a Dj back in the day was being able to beat match --not trying to knock anyone down or nothing like that-- but maybe everyone should try to beat match on ur own- it can make you a better Dj...just hearing the music, beat, tempo and matching songs makes you a good Dj....LOL i do it all the time listening to the radio and trying to match songs up with other songs.
DJ LOCO123 12:16 PM - 8 August, 2011
ddj-s1
PapaDrew 1:52 PM - 8 August, 2011
Right on DJ Loco123, I definitely agree that beatmatching without sync is an important skill to master! That Pioneer DDJ-S1 looks dope! Might have to upgrade from the VCI...

I'll give 2.0 another shot and see if I can get used to the new Itch, I'm a huge Serato fan and they must have their reasons for changing things. One of the reasons I liked the sync feature pre-2.0 was because you could quickly try out a lot of similar bpm tracks with minimum effort. This could lead to creative and interesting transitions that you might not otherwise have the time to find on the fly. And, well, I guess I can get a little lazy sometimes!
DJ LOCO123 2:32 PM - 8 August, 2011
lol yea the ddj s1 is awesome and lightweight, less cargo to carry and easy to use. i understand on the fly thing the sync - i totally agree w you but alot of that can be created at home. As far as serato 2.0 it's new and yes it does and might have alot of bugs but just give serato time to fix all that stuff. The problem i have now is trying to keep up with all this "dammm"computer technology. ever time thay upgrade we have to buy more computer stuff lol. i have a mac and pc. but so far i havn't had to upgrade my pc i am using a I7 2.4gh and 8gb. with no problem's. good job serato. i dont care for the sync. but i would like to be able to do video. so i can keep up with the industry. video is the way to go today. all the club's here want video's dj's. so now win i go to do a gig i have to bring 2 setup's one ddj-s1 and vdj for the video's. so that means 2 computer and to controllers.
DJ-Charly 4:35 PM - 8 August, 2011
Hey Brigid,

now that's what I call information! :-)

Thank so you so much, now people do have a reason and a timeline when it will works fine.

I'm looking forward to next week and will follow the mentioned sources for information till then.
Thanks again and apologize the rough message. But sometimes some things have to said just the way they are. ;)

Greetings from Germany,
DJ Charly
Dj Ly 5:05 PM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
DJ Time,

It's not that we can't blaze without the Sync; it's working smarter vs. harder, otherwise we would be lugging boxes and boxes of music like back in the days. I, for one , don't want to go back to those days. If the feature is there, i'm gonna use it. Call me lazy. I call exploiting technology. I guess it's my Lean Six Sigma training.

Other than that, I like the 2.0, really good stuff.[/quote

@ Dj Time , I agree with you man. The whole purpose of progress is to make things easier, faster and better, so to all you old school Dj's that like to beat match the old school way more power to you but don't knock anyone for using the sync technology. I find that when I'm playing a acapella and I go from one instrumental to another within a split second the crowd gets pump. So don't knock, try it some times. It will make you feel good, goood, good. " in my 80's anti drug commercial voice" Lol

@Serato fix sync and I am happy!
Youi 11:05 PM - 10 August, 2011
I love this version of Itch. But, my question is that when is the Ableton/Serato Bridge thing going to be integrated into the "Serato Itch" software.
FreddyfredNYC 11:54 PM - 10 August, 2011
SYNC your teeth into THIS!!!!!! *pointing downwards* Don't like it!!! Why??? just why?????
Ian Void 10:15 AM - 14 August, 2011
Why does sync enable with auto tempo/sync button on the vestax vci300 - yet doesnt unsync when pressed - therefore you need to use a mouse?
Seems a little ridiculous
Khleef 12:58 AM - 15 August, 2011
I am late to the party as always! I am old school too the diff is I took some time off, alot of time so it's sort of like starting over lol! i just downloaded 2.0 today after about twenty mins i came here to see if i was doing something wrong. looks cool but i use SYNC and this may be fine for multi tables but for my NS7 it's murder lol so i'll check back every week or so to see if they have figured it all out! Until then i am going back to old ITCH!!! but i did like all the other features especially being able to change font sizes! getting old sucks lol! Thanks guys for all your input, this is the first time a site was actually helpful.
PapaDrew 3:54 AM - 15 August, 2011
Well, after some practice I have found a solution to the auto/tempo sync button debacles and that is...to not use it! It's quick enough to match tempos with the sliders, and I actually prefer it, although I do hope the good folks at Serato are working on an elegant solution as sync is a handy feature every now and then. I dig V2.0 way too much in all other respects to go back to 1.7 just for the sync button. Props to Serato for continued development of the best DJ software ever--both Scratch Live & Itch. (IMHO)
Philly DJ 6:50 PM - 16 August, 2011
LMAO, Everyone wants to and thinks they are a DJ just because they have a Sync feature to do the skill for them. Once it's taken away, they are like lost mice looking for a piece a cheese. It's amazing...

Use and train your ear to do the work like we used to do it and you won't be lost without the Sync feature. It should be used as a convien. and not rely on it.
dj genius 33 7:21 PM - 16 August, 2011
i agree....since sync does not work with everyone's taste its been an issue..........no one wants to mix the songs without it........
DJ.Tyme 8:44 PM - 16 August, 2011
Quote:
LMAO, Everyone wants to and thinks they are a DJ just because they have a Sync feature to do the skill for them. Once it's taken away, they are like lost mice looking for a piece a cheese. It's amazing...

Use and train your ear to do the work like we used to do it and you won't be lost without the Sync feature. It should be used as a convien. and not rely on it.

Kouldnt have said it better.
figzcity 11:02 PM - 16 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yes sir.....but in there defence the sync is garbage
DJ LOCO123 1:58 AM - 17 August, 2011
Quote:

im with you 100% on this one bro.
DJ LOCO123 1:59 AM - 17 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes sir.....but in there defence the sync is garbage

LMFAO!!!!! im with you 1000% on this one.
Philly DJ 9:44 PM - 17 August, 2011
I like that we all DJ's feel the same way regarding this Sync issue. Kudos to all us "DJ's". And know the how to's of the field. :)
djmikees 12:24 AM - 18 August, 2011
stay on 1.7, itch 2.0 sucks !!! has a little delay for scratch ,sync sucks not good !! if you upgrade to 2.0 go back !!
BrianLoxley 3:37 AM - 20 August, 2011
Well Guys, what could i say about the new 2.0 Version. A long time I was working with VDJ and my Vestax, since i touched the NS6 it was clear which controller rules ... so i go and grab one !

From the begining I prejudice Serato Itch, cause for me VDJ was working well and propper. Whats hot on VDJ ? It works like ur vinyl wheels , familiar and propper. It works with ur allready sorted file system and there is no clou, no manual needed, to know how it works. Since i open Serato i feel like a Newbie... the Beat Grid look well diffrent, the CRATE concept anoy me more than it helps and the whole workflow seems to me way apart to VDJ and the good old times.

So I shut off the NS6 and my Laptop, get another Beer an take a rest to think about it.... my result .....Serato 2.0 is not perfect yet, but it can be with some small changes. Yes, the totaly strange Sync feature doesent work with ur well knowing "DJ World" but what is that means? That the new feature is week ? After a time of thinking about and many trys I realized that this function is well logical and make sense. Yes, I have to change my habbits, but it helps to get allways in mind which deck is your current master.

One Year ago I start to practice Beat Juggling with VDJ in the 21 Century Mode which means i cut my tracks every 8 to 32 Bars, real fast, real Hard ( Dirty House Baby... ;o)..... belive it or not... if u become familiar with the synch mode, its the only propper way to control 4 Decks in the same time (if u mixing that fast).

So let me resume, Serato 2.0 is powerfull DJ Tool if u ready for the evelution, but there some essential features missing ..... 1.) It must be possible to take a allready playing Loop from the Deck in the SP-6... on the shortest way its possible and the SP-6 must work with my Drum Pad !, 2.) For the different Windows is only one place perfect.... the place where I set them !!! 3.) When I analyzing a Track, the KEY have to show up (Serato listen carefully...how can that be that VDJ shows me the Key of a Track and Itch dont? IsnĀ“t that embrrassing?) For me, this it what it needs to be perfect.... in the moment ;o)

Let the music play....
Brian
dj genius 33 8:22 AM - 20 August, 2011
i agreee...bpm and no key...................i need key to show.....plz and thank u serato
BrianLoxley 7:46 PM - 20 August, 2011
Hey Guys, its me again .... Appendix to my Message below... I found out there is a way to use the SP-6 with a Midi Controler. All u need is a smal tool called "Midi Translator" available for PC & MAC. The tool converts Midi signals into keystrokes. Ok, it is a Mac Gyver tactic but it works ;o)
bigguns909 10:01 AM - 21 August, 2011
Dammmmnnnnnnn! Why can't I sync with serato itch 2.0 ....... Any 1 know how to fix this problem?
DJ.Tyme 7:05 PM - 21 August, 2011

DjVndaplace2be 10:47 PM - 21 August, 2011
Is there any convo' in the science lab about ITCH having video plug-ins. I just purchased the NS6 at DJ EXPO IN N.J. (shout out, see ya next year). Having some buyer remorse because Virtual DJ has this feature. I visited Serato booth saw the live VJs and loved this feature in action. But I dont want to drag the 1200s out any more and I just dumped a nice chunk of change on the NS6. Will you please work on video plug-ins. I am a mobile DJ and this would be great!
figzcity 2:33 AM - 23 August, 2011
Quote:
stay on 1.7, itch 2.0 sucks !!! has a little delay for scratch ,sync sucks not good !! if you upgrade to 2.0 go back !!

IVE TRIED TO GO BAck.......but no when I open it it says itch not responding....ive tried uninstalling 2.0 and installing 1.7....but i get that messege...HELP!!! not only does the sync suck but you can record mixes using nfx
Philly DJ 1:52 AM - 24 August, 2011
lmao...
edrforu@msn.com 3:10 PM - 26 August, 2011
hey i dont know about yah so called pro dj's .....im one too, but when im swithcing genres, sync plays an important role furthermore why should i adapt to something it was made to do and now is not.......its like having a car with A.C without A.C the car works but what am i supposed to do roll down my windows? no way it needs to get fixed.
mxnmach 3:55 PM - 26 August, 2011
Just wondering if video is on the horizon...before I sell my NS7FX. Don't get me wrong, I love my NS7 but video is the way to go. I have the 57 to do it but if video is thought about for the NS7, then more the better!
HUSTLERUSS 3:51 AM - 28 August, 2011
Man they messed up a good thing ! Sync sucks , and they know it ! Itch should be as solid as the NS7 !
WTF ! I wanted to upgrade to the V7's but not now ! Itch is no longer a good product . I'm look for an alternative . Has anybody tried anything else ?
dj genius 33 5:26 AM - 28 August, 2011
its funny how serato itch is making vdj look so good
deuxspin 9:20 AM - 28 August, 2011
Great update, at first there was major slowdown whenever I would load a track - the mix would skip and I'm using a high spec 17" Macbook PRO, was worried as I had a gig the next night. Once the laptop was restarted the 2nd time, all was working perfectly.

I love the new interface, much more like Scratch! Other new features are fantastic too. I read about people being unhappy with auto-sync, and tried it myself - I don't see what all the fuss is about it works fine with my Xone DX. Don't think I'll be using it though.
dj genius 33 1:04 PM - 28 August, 2011
is it me or is the file section kinda crammed.....almost cant find my files...or is the a setting to lengthen it......it goes from left to right......but find it hard to scroll and see my files....any suggestions?
FreddyfredNYC 6:55 PM - 29 August, 2011
File selection window on Itch 2.0 is much much smaller then "Itch 1.8.1 for Numark NS6" with default Horizontal Waveforms view. Why?????? Please Fix!!! Sticking with Itch 1.8.1 for now.

i168.photobucket.com
i168.photobucket.com
FreddyfredNYC 6:57 PM - 29 August, 2011
Quote:
is it me or is the file section kinda crammed.....almost cant find my files...or is the a setting to lengthen it......it goes from left to right......but find it hard to scroll and see my files....any suggestions?

YEEEEES it is CRAMMED!!!
jfig09 3:40 AM - 30 August, 2011
this serato itch need work. its all jacked up. itch is really degrading serato...
DJ.Tyme 3:47 AM - 30 August, 2011
jfig09 i krack up every tyme i see someone saying this. 95% of the tyme its not the software . the problem is with your hardware settings/Configuration
dj genius 33 8:16 AM - 30 August, 2011
if its the config..plz enlighten us
Lightyear 12:33 PM - 30 August, 2011
Just a note on Serato 2.0 - I really liked your original promotion hearing your commentator's New Zealand accent - I have family in New Zealand and it was really nice to hear. I bought Serato and the Denon HC5000 after watching the video.

Cheers

Simon
Light Year Disco
dj killer fire 3:44 PM - 8 September, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com new video vci 300
tmyers257 6:20 PM - 9 September, 2011
OK Huge issue with Itch 2.0. I am running a Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz. 4 G ram. 220 gig hd with 120 Gigs free. First 2 times I used Itch 2.0 including lastnight, about 2 hours into my set, both levels are running about 50% on the meter, then all the sudden they jump to the peak and completely shut the audio down and Ive had to restart the software completely... Someone please help! I love 2.0, but this is crazy bad @ midnight on a packed dancefloor!
Serato
Brigid 8:54 PM - 11 September, 2011
Hey tmyers257,

Sounds like you need to talk to our support team, they'll be able to help with any issues you're having. You can start a help request here: serato.com
FreddyfredNYC 3:51 AM - 13 September, 2011
Quote:
SYNC your teeth into THIS!!!!!! *pointing downwards* Don't like it!!! Why??? just why?????

Well since this last Post.... I've managed to get a hang of the new SYNC.... it's actually GREAT!!!! Sorry!!!! 2.0 is officially the sh*t!!!! GoOd jOb!! O:-)
jimmyg185 1:58 AM - 22 September, 2011
So I am looking into a controller with itch 2.0 and I am torn between the Numark NS6 and the pioneer ddj s1. I am used to pioneer but I want 4 channels. Any thoughts???
Flashing Lights DJ DK 6:16 PM - 23 September, 2011
After using the NS6 in guitar center and seeing a buddy of mine with the Pioneer DDJ, I would say go with the NS6. The DDJ doesn't work at all or light up unless its plugged into a laptop. The NS6 is really sweet and I like the fact it feels like the NS7 minus the spinning platters and the heavy weight. I though the NS6 platters would be too sensitive but they are quite nice. But at the end of the day it's how you feel about the two.
Dj Slim Nasty 4:05 AM - 28 September, 2011
Ok dj's NS7 and V7's Itch is good but not great, why? cause the features of the Itch does not compare to serato....NOW! if you really wanna make use prays you on this almost brilliant invention, give use the gain control on itch, give us SL Video on the itch, oh yes drop down the ghz a little everybody ain't got no Mac money, let Mac make there money and you guys make yours, Now! Dj's that have skills and creativity like me I have one more thing to say SERATO and ITCH do not! let Numark Pro out do Ya'll that program is sick but does now have the feel of true Vinyl Turntable feel like Serato Scratch Live Programs.....please if you can steal some of their ideas...why not Behringer stole from Mackie and Pioneer...so Dj's if you see this comment please help me help them to make a complete dj program, then guess what Serato/Itch more people will buy your controller units, I have the V7's and I lovin, I should have been the last person to leave my Technic 1200s in the garage...........moment of silence please
admiraljonesy 1:23 AM - 5 October, 2011
Is there a way to get my Sync to work like it did before 2.0?
I just like to BPM match my stuff with my NS7FX.
Flashing Lights DJ DK 4:35 AM - 5 October, 2011
Quote:
Is there a way to get my Sync to work like it did before 2.0?
I just like to BPM match my stuff with my NS7FX.

They changed the sync function with Itch 2.0. I have read some threads were DJs didn't like it but after using it a couple of times they prefer it the way it is in 2.0.
DJ Ca5T 3:52 AM - 24 October, 2011
i agree on the addition of video to this program, i resort to VDJ when i need to do video but i rather stick with serato through and through, please add it , besides that, the program works marvelously , thanks for the update Serato.

P.S. don't rely on the sync guys. just DJ .
danceanddj 10:06 AM - 14 November, 2012
So I am looking into a controller with itch 2.0 and I am torn between the Numark NS6 and the pioneer ddj s1. I am used to pioneer but I want 4 channels. Any thoughts???
abad7 3:50 PM - 23 October, 2014
very goood