Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH 2.0: SP6 play through AUX in DDJ-S1?

Johnny Havana 6:53 AM - 19 July, 2011
Here is a question for the Serato Team before ITCH 2.0 is out as a stable release.

Could it be possible to have a feature to route SP6 sound output though the Pioneer DDJ-S1 AUX line? Just like it is possible in the SL3. Does DDJ-S1 hardware allow this type of feature to be attached to the stable release?
maviccf 7:51 AM - 19 July, 2011
the aux line is an analog input, not digital or midi related
Johnny Havana 9:14 AM - 19 July, 2011
Yes, sir. I know that Mic2/Aux is an analog input but I think that when the system is not in thru-mode the signal will normally go to the software and then back to the board. What I'm wondering here is that could it be possible to route the SP6 output to this channel so that the Mic2/Aux volume knob would act as volume controller for the whole SP6.
zaguama 12:50 PM - 19 July, 2011
i thought it was an Aux Input not Aux Ouput?
djcerla 12:59 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
i thought it was an Aux Input not Aux Ouput?

Yes it is ;)
maviccf 1:39 PM - 19 July, 2011
The purpose of this feature is to be a back up line. If it was mappable it would loose its intention, it is an analog input or out put, can not be used on this controller, other controllers might offer a hybrid line. On the ddj-s1 Its phisically dettached from the midi system. In another words if you umpluged the usb cable, the signal still goes thru as a bypass if you are using the power adapter. The reason is because the mixer only detects the origin of the signal to make a recording of the mix. Like I said it is not phisically posible to use it as digital source. Take a look at the ns6, it offers the option to use as an stand alone mixer and has phisically the option to move from midi to aux line.
Im Just trying to help.
Greetings man
Johnny Havana 2:31 PM - 19 July, 2011
Maviccf, thank you for a very good and specific answer! ;)
maviccf 4:47 PM - 19 July, 2011
Your welcome
Enjoy 2.0 :D
dylan1993 9:30 PM - 7 May, 2015
I have a Pioneer ddj s1. I'm trying the aux in but it doesn't work. I want to record something through the aux in with serato itch. Can somebody help me???