Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Itch 2.0 & Numark NS7

DJ Grand K 6:55 AM - 18 July, 2011
It is 2:30 in the morning and Serato just released ITCH 2.0 Beta. Im super excited and I am sure many thousands are also. So this thread is only for Itch 2.0 & Numark NS7*. Please report all your bugs and itches on that subject here concerning ITCH 2.0 and Numark NS7/FX only.

Also, please do not bitch about issues..its only in beta. Just report it and we can all try to find a solution to the problem and help Serato make Itch 2.0 a better software than it already is.

LETS GO!
nick.m 7:09 AM - 18 July, 2011
Ahmen Brother.
DJMIYAGI 7:51 AM - 18 July, 2011
After searching a song and loading to a deck, turning the library rotary should jump to the position of that song in the browser either one song before or after the one searched. This does not happen in the 2.0 beta. Only glitch I've noticed so far. I'm sure it'll be fixed in time for the stable release. Just my $0.02. Keep it up Serato :)
zanzibar1 8:16 AM - 18 July, 2011
So far I noticed that when instant doubling between the sp6 player and the virtual decks, the track will play on the virtual deck but the platters do not spin until i hit the motor off button twice (turn them on and off again). This sounds like a bug to me, as all other times when the virtual decks play the platters move.

Also the new sync function really confuses me... I only ever used it to quickly change bpm if i was in a bind... now i have no idea what to do with it....

Need sleep now, will make a full report on anything i find later in the week!!
Kmxorbit 8:53 AM - 18 July, 2011
All,
you should post every issue/remark/suggestion/idea about Itch2.0 in the public beta area. serato.com
In case of a bug, make bug reports via the built in public beta wizard.
That's the whole purpose of that area.
Threads like this will make it confusing for the developers (if they even read it) and maybe some nasty bugs are found here or very good idea's might pop in on this thread and then nobody of the developers notices it.
You'll make it easier for the developers that way and then you are an added value in making Itch the ultimate DJ program.
Papa Midnight 10:07 AM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
All,
you should post every issue/remark/suggestion/idea about Itch2.0 in the public beta area. serato.com
In case of a bug, make bug reports via the built in public beta wizard.
That's the whole purpose of that area.
Threads like this will make it confusing for the developers (if they even read it) and maybe some nasty bugs are found here or very good idea's might pop in on this thread and then nobody of the developers notices it.
You'll make it easier for the developers that way and then you are an added value in making Itch the ultimate DJ program.

Was about to say this myself. There is a dedicated area for bug reports. Please post there so there isn't any fragmentation of bug reports and so Serato can track them all properly.
DJ Grand K 6:36 PM - 18 July, 2011
Yes I was aware of that and was going to post a solution to that. You all are right and we should post it in Serato Bug page but Serato bug page is ITCH as a whole. I wanted to have a discussion only dedicated for ITCH and Numark NS7.

It is all up to you guys. I don't mind if it doesn't work out. What was on my mind was that if we come with solutions to the problems then we can post that in Serato's Itch Bug page. Also, if we cannot find solution to the problem, we can post that in Serato's bug page as well.

But in the end, it is all up to you guys.
DJ.Tyme 6:10 AM - 19 July, 2011
i like this thread because in the beta section i have to sort through peoples problems with mac,xp ect,ect.this thread is just what i was looking for been messing around with 2.0 & i have no complaints (Yut)
yacine Guerbi 8:52 PM - 21 July, 2011
where can i download itch2.0 beta
DJ Grand K 1:58 AM - 22 July, 2011
JonathanR007 1:55 AM - 25 July, 2011
I got into the public beta area, but I can't find a place to download the beta version.
DJ LIL M 2:06 AM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
I got into the public beta area, but I can't find a place to download the beta version.

serato.com
DecibelDrone 3:29 PM - 27 July, 2011
any one else ever getting glitches? only like half a sec but i was just wondering if it was just me. its not my computer. i have a brand new 15 in mac book pro
DJdaveZ 4:50 PM - 27 July, 2011
how bout this for a solution..... post a regular help thread in the beta section, then people having only ns7 problems, just post links to those here...
hamplifier 8:00 PM - 27 July, 2011
only problem ive had so far is the effects from the fx bar dont sound right anymore, apart from that everything seems to be running fine for me
DJ Grand K 7:40 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
any one else ever getting glitches? only like half a sec but i was just wondering if it was just me. its not my computer. i have a brand new 15 in mac book pro

Computer hardware as a whole should not be a problem at all. Try toggling the latency. Too low latency can also cause it. Try between 3-5. Also, do not use any other programs while running Itch. You can use Activity Monitor to monitor all your processes in Mac and kill the ones you feel are making your cpu run hotter. Also you can disable wifi while running ITCH. It really does help!
DJ Grand K 7:41 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
only problem ive had so far is the effects from the fx bar dont sound right anymore, apart from that everything seems to be running fine for me

Yea that is true.. there is something about the effects. They seem passive than the version of Itch before. Especially the echo.
hamplifier 9:20 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yea that is true.. there is something about the effects. They seem passive than the version of Itch before. Especially the echo.

yea i just unplug my fx bar now ,no point using it if it sounds like shite
djcerla 9:32 PM - 28 July, 2011
I hear no changes at all. Echo sucks exactly like in 1.7.1 ;)
zaguama 1:32 AM - 29 July, 2011
maybe my hearing is not good at this point in my life but to me the fx sound the same, and like cerla said echo still sucks.
JMG24-7 12:44 AM - 2 August, 2011
Hey everyone, I just downloaded 2.0 and I am having huge issues.

Problem 1: Program freezes (not responding) and closes out within minutes of use. I went to setup to select some options and a window popped up regarding lack of memory space.

I use windows 7, 64bit, 4GB of Ram, of which 3.8 is usable. My computer meets all requirements needed. I also have a 500GB hard-drive (internal) of which I have 15GBs free.

I disconnected the USBs, simply opened the program with no hardware connected, I experienced the same problems. The response I am getting from ITCH 2.0 would leave you to believe that it's over-loading my CPU however, that is not the case.

Any advice, any thoughts.... I know this isn't life or death as I can load the older version but I also started having issues with that version regarding the program freezing and requiring me to restart my computer.. this happened on 2 different nights while dj-ing... and a complete nightmare as I'm sure most of you can imagine.

2nd Problem: My itunes playlists/smart playlists will not load in version 2.0 even though it indicates at the bottom of ITCH that itunes libraries are loading.

Thank you in advance for any help.
jmgrecruit@gmail.com
DJ Grand K 2:33 AM - 2 August, 2011
I do not use PC but what I recommend is totally uninstall all ITCH installations on your computer.

Use this software to uninstall: www.revouninstaller.com

It removes all the leftover keys and .dlls of the programs. Then restart your computer. Then install the latest version of ITCH and make sure you are not doing anything while it installs. Once it installs, then restart and check for the same issues. Under "Setup" in ITCH, try toggling the usb latency to 3ms-5ms. Also don't run any other programs while running ITCH. Try to turn of WIFI while using ITCH. It really helps for CPU.

In addition, try to edit and remove the startup programs/processes through "msconfig.exe" in Run utility located in the start menu. Let me know if still experiencing issues then we can try something totally new.
DJ Grand K 2:34 AM - 2 August, 2011
*un-needed startup programs*
DJ Quartz 2:34 AM - 2 August, 2011
Just did some preliminary testing after finding the root cause of my crash issue on start up.

2.0 + NS7 is really starting to feel like my ultimate solution. If the plug-ins are going in the direction I think they are.

OMG is all I have to say.

I love my turntables and all but with the SP-6 functioning correctly and post-fader effects. Wow

If VSL and Bridge support do come, LOOK OUT.

You have a one stop shop here with rotating platters.

So I might have to eliminate a 57SL plus a pair of turntables in the near future.

We will definitely need assignable MIDI for VSL control, etc. I would like to use my Maschine controller since I already built a map in SSL for it.

If they share the midi maps between platforms for VSL, BEAUTIFUL!
JMG24-7 2:42 AM - 2 August, 2011
Thanks a ton for the advice/ideas. I will get on this tomorrow and hopefully solve some problems.

Really appreciate it, I'll keep you posted.

JMG
DJ Quartz 2:44 AM - 2 August, 2011
What are you guys finding that is really bad with the Echo? Too soft mostly?
DJ.Tyme 3:25 AM - 2 August, 2011
You 4 Got The Auto-Mix feature For Us Mobile DJ's :-) Hope i Dont Get All Bashed In Now From Ya Klub DJ's. It Seems On Every Post About Auto-Mix Someone Starts Bashing. We Dont Want It To DJ For Us Its Just An Extra Tool We Need. = serato.com / Even One Of The Serato Reps Said It Best = I hear ya DJ-Tyme. This is a feature request a lot of mobile DJs have requested, so is on our list.
Papa Midnight 4:44 AM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
You 4 Got The Auto-Mix feature For Us Mobile DJ's :-) Hope i Dont Get All Bashed In Now From Ya Klub DJ's. It Seems On Every Post About Auto-Mix Someone Starts Bashing.

<sarcasm>
I keep hearing of this auto-mix thing. How does it work? Is there some button combination I press and I can sit back and ITCH will DJ a 5 hour party for me without me ever touching my vinyl or crossfader? The crossfader will move back and forth on it's own as well? I must know of this secret that everyone speaks of!
</sarcasm>

Seriously, anytime someone starts bashing the whole "Auto-Mix" thing, I get the true feeling they don't know how sync buttons work for starters and two, they have a high level of insecurity about what they do - but that's just my opinion. Either that or they think of Virtual DJ's auto-mode - which is so horrendous I can't see why anyone in their right mind would use it.
DJ.Tyme 4:59 AM - 2 August, 2011
@ Papa Midnight please read and then you will see why some mobile DJ's like me in my right mind would want to use it = serato.com
Papa Midnight 5:06 AM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
@ Papa Midnight please read and then you will see why some mobile DJ's like me in my right mind would want to use it = serato.com

Tyme my statement wasn't against you. No need to convince me. I actually fully understand why it's usage is desired (I'm mobile as well). I generally pre-make CD length mixes just for that purpose. I find any automation based solution to unreliable - either that or I may have been jaded by VDJ's.
DJ.Tyme 5:53 AM - 2 August, 2011
:-) yeah i thought about making some mix's, but i like to read my crowd when i get there. and ( A Lil Bit Of Lazyness) stops me from making a mix. work 50hour job all week then have to DJ on saturdays :-(
aslcharger08 6:22 AM - 2 August, 2011
My issue that I am having is whenever I load songs it freezes up and then quits the program, it did this with 1.7 also but not as often, now with the 2.0 if I use the LOAD key on the NS7 it does it within the first couple songs no matter which ones and then I tried clicking and dragging the songs in which worked a little better but then did the same thing, just took longer.

I have a Mac Pro brand new laptop and I don't have anything else on this computer except music and ITCH. I tried turning off the internet and that didn't make any difference.

I also deleted itch several times and installed it but I can't seem to find out how to actually remove ALL of the ITCH files because everytime I download and install the new one it still has my old presets. I am newly Mac user so I am not too familiar with actually uninstalling programs and ITCH download doesnt come with an uninstaller.
DJ Grand K 7:13 AM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
My issue that I am having is whenever I load songs it freezes up and then quits the program, it did this with 1.7 also but not as often, now with the 2.0 if I use the LOAD key on the NS7 it does it within the first couple songs no matter which ones and then I tried clicking and dragging the songs in which worked a little better but then did the same thing, just took longer.

I have a Mac Pro brand new laptop and I don't have anything else on this computer except music and ITCH. I tried turning off the internet and that didn't make any difference.

I also deleted itch several times and installed it but I can't seem to find out how to actually remove ALL of the ITCH files because everytime I download and install the new one it still has my old presets. I am newly Mac user so I am not too familiar with actually uninstalling programs and ITCH download doesnt come with an uninstaller.

Install "AppCleaner". It is a freeware & remove ITCH with that. It will also remove any related files. If that does not help then you should try to do a recovery because it may a just a bad install. I cannot really tell you much since new Mac Pro shouldn't really do that. After the uninstallation, you can search your mac for "Itch" and delete all the files which are ITCH related and try to re-install it.
aslcharger08 11:16 PM - 2 August, 2011
I will try that, thanks!
Flashing Lights DJ DK 11:24 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
Problem 1: Program freezes (not responding) and closes out within minutes of use. I went to setup to select some options and a window popped up regarding lack of memory space.

I am experiencing the same issues. I tweeted @SeratoHQ and they advised they are aware of this and to just add it to the forum and they will get a fix put in for Windows 7 64 Bit.
JMG24-7 11:53 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
I do not use PC but what I recommend is totally uninstall all ITCH installations on your computer.

Use this software to uninstall: www.revouninstaller.com

It removes all the leftover keys and .dlls of the programs. Then restart your computer. Then install the latest version of ITCH and make sure you are not doing anything while it installs. Once it installs, then restart and check for the same issues. Under "Setup" in ITCH, try toggling the usb latency to 3ms-5ms. Also don't run any other programs while running ITCH. Try to turn of WIFI while using ITCH. It really helps for CPU.

In addition, try to edit and remove the startup programs/processes through "msconfig.exe" in Run utility located in the start menu. Let me know if still experiencing issues then we can try something totally new.

Same exact issues, tried using a different usb port, I installed the previous version, than selected "check for software updates" it installed properly.

Then experienced the same issues and my itunes libraries are still not loading.

From what I see above, this is an issue quite a few people are having, hopefully they'll have a solution before the weekend.
JMG24-7 11:54 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I am experiencing the same issues. I tweeted @SeratoHQ and they advised they are aware of this and to just add it to the forum and they will get a fix put in for Windows 7 64 Bit.

Did they give any sort of timeline regarding the fix?

I have never experienced problems like these with any sort of software before, it's quite disappointing. I can of course go back to the older version if needed but obviously everything about 2.0 looks great, minus the issues.
JMG24-7 12:06 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I think I just realized what the problem is.. we'll see.

Open up ITCH and right away goto SETUP, and deselect "show itunes library"
Now I need my itunes libraries as much as the next guy however, this seems to be the problem, itunes compatibility with ITCH 2.0
aslcharger08 12:17 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Install "AppCleaner". It is a freeware & remove ITCH with that. It will also remove any related files. If that does not help then you should try to do a recovery because it may a just a bad install. I cannot really tell you much since new Mac Pro shouldn't really do that. After the uninstallation, you can search your mac for "Itch" and delete all the files which are ITCH related and try to re-install it.

That didn't work, I used the uninstall app and checked the computers hard drive for any other ITCH files and there wasn't anything I could find but when I re-installed the program it somehow still had saved files somewhere in the computer so its not finding or not deleting everything.

Still having same issues after the process you told me to do. I am kinda stuck on this lol
DJ.Tyme 1:05 AM - 3 August, 2011
not sure if this software will work on mac. but im a pc tech so this is what i do to get rid of every trace of an installed program. 1st install and run = download.cnet.com / then install = download.cnet.com / once in revo click on = the problem program,then click uninstall,choose the bottom choice (advanced) it will check every spot on your pc even the registry. reboot and then run ccleaner click on = cleaner and the at the bottom right corner click run cleaner run it at least 3-4 times until it shows no results. then click on = Registry then choose scan for issues same thing keep running until it shows no more results between these to programs they will (Totally Clean Your System)
DJ Grand K 2:41 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
not sure if this software will work on mac. but im a pc tech so this is what i do to get rid of every trace of an installed program. 1st install and run = download.cnet.com / then install = download.cnet.com / once in revo click on = the problem program,then click uninstall,choose the bottom choice (advanced) it will check every spot on your pc even the registry. reboot and then run ccleaner click on = cleaner and the at the bottom right corner click run cleaner run it at least 3-4 times until it shows no results. then click on = Registry then choose scan for issues same thing keep running until it shows no more results between these to programs they will (Totally Clean Your System)

Revo Uninstaller is only for PCs. Also, Macs don't have registry keys so yeah..Ccleaner beta is available for Mac, you can try that but I am not sure if it will help.

Here is the one of the final solutions.. do this exactly**

1) Browse "Library" > "Preferences"
2) Find file names "com.serato.dj.plist", "com.serato.itch.plist", "com.serato.scratchvideo.plist", "NUMARKNS7.usbsettings.xml".
3) Delete all those files.
4) Follow the same procedure with Appcleaner
aslcharger08 5:01 AM - 3 August, 2011
Ok thanks I will try that next.
aslcharger08 6:25 AM - 3 August, 2011
Ok so I tried to find those files you were talking about and they werent in there even with ITCH installed and using it.

It's acting a little better but its still quitting on me, for some reason it seems like there is some kind of lag between the tables and the computer causing it to freeze up......I was loading songs and if I held down the "LOAD" key on the NS7 it loaded the songs fine but just now even with it slowly being pressed it still quit on me and also after using one of the hot cues.

What exactly is the latency setting supposed to be at? I saw something about that before but I didnt find it in the setup menu in ITCH. Could it just be a lag issue between the tables and the laptop thats causing it to freeze up on me?
aslcharger08 6:27 AM - 3 August, 2011
One other thing I forgot to add, sometimes when using the hot cues there is a slight lag in that too like if I hit the hot cue once and a while it will actually react like a half second later and seems like it has to catch up......doesnt happen that often but enough to bring it up which ties into the lag thing I am talking about.
DJ Grand K 5:24 PM - 3 August, 2011
The latency settings are under setup. Toggle them between 3ms-5ms. Your last option is a fresh install of the OS.
aslcharger08 1:13 AM - 4 August, 2011
So I changed the latency setting to 5 and it seemed like it helped a little bit but its still freezing on me on the hot cues. I didn't see an option for anything in between 2 or 5 its just one or the other.
DJ Grand K 1:15 AM - 4 August, 2011
Oh yea that is what I meant. Numbers between 3ms to 5ms. Your best bet is to fresh install Mac again with the OS X install CD.
aslcharger08 1:42 AM - 4 August, 2011
I don't have that CD anymore, Apple setup the computer at the store. Is their another alternative other then taking it to an Apple store?
DJ Grand K 3:16 AM - 4 August, 2011
Well you should have the CD which came with the Macbook Pro. It's part of the package
atrain8660 2:52 PM - 16 August, 2011
my computer (laptop) has a corei3 processor,I have Windows 7, 4 gig of ram/640, why can't I download the Serato Itch 2.0 0n my laptop? It gives me a error at the download that says:

Itch2.0.0 (20098) release_win;exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer, then it gives you a option to delete, action or view download. What is up that?
Papa Midnight 9:09 PM - 16 August, 2011
Quote:
my computer (laptop) has a corei3 processor,I have Windows 7, 4 gig of ram/640, why can't I download the Serato Itch 2.0 0n my laptop? It gives me a error at the download that says:

Itch2.0.0 (20098) release_win;exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer, then it gives you a option to delete, action or view download. What is up that?

Sounds like someone's using Internet Explorer 9.
googlesystem.blogspot.com
DJ.Tyme 12:11 AM - 17 August, 2011
Use Firefox and Or Google Chrome Ya Need 2 Be Up On Thangz. DON'T USE INTERNET EXPLORER. Since It Comes with windows people are brain dead, as in they don't know 1st what a browser is and 2nd that there is other ways to connect to the internet besides clicking on the (blue E icon) on there desktop
DJ Boom Bap 3:24 AM - 17 August, 2011
No auto mix, but a shuffle!
Kmxorbit 1:07 PM - 17 August, 2011
Quote:
No auto mix, but a shuffle!

Both automix (or at least smart fade in/out) and shuffle.
DJ_EQmixxx 11:59 PM - 25 August, 2011
i have a macbook pro intel 3.06 dou core 8g ram 500 gig mem. running lacie external hard drive 1T using fire wire on extr hard drive works still isses continue 2.0 have bad sound cpu go's crazy high on I've done everything with settings still a problemmmmmm... went back to 1.5 seems this is the only 1.7 gives me problems on shut down laptop locks up....any answers????????
DJ Grand K 2:16 AM - 26 August, 2011
Quote:
i have a macbook pro intel 3.06 dou core 8g ram 500 gig mem. running lacie external hard drive 1T using fire wire on extr hard drive works still isses continue 2.0 have bad sound cpu go's crazy high on I've done everything with settings still a problemmmmmm... went back to 1.5 seems this is the only 1.7 gives me problems on shut down laptop locks up....any answers????????

What is your OS X version? I think when you installed 1.7 on top of 1.5, it had related files conflicting each other. Do you still have both installed? If yes, try uninstalling 1.5 with AppCleaner* then restart your computer and try 1.7 again. If you want to keep 1.5 then do the same with 1.7. Let me know and I can tell you different solution if that doesn't work.