DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

For Beginners in DJ

wei2007 9:33 AM - 17 August, 2007
I just recently got into DJing. Within 6 months, I plan to accomplish all I have to know about DJing. Does anybody have ideas where to start? I have the money, but I also want to save money. I was planning on getting Scratch Live, but what are the cheapest turntables that work pretty well (besides the rubberband and ashtray method) and what is a cheap mixer I can buy. I need help. Anyone with any suggestions please reply. Thankyou
Dj Kabrini Greens 5:05 PM - 17 August, 2007
here is the perfect place to start - scratchlive.net
Dj Kabrini Greens 5:06 PM - 17 August, 2007
always wanted to do that BOOOO YEOWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Psyko Logical 10:26 PM - 17 August, 2007
Quote:
I just recently got into DJing. Within 6 months, I plan to accomplish all I have to know about DJing.

Man, in six months you might be beginning to get a handle on what it is you need to start learning.

As far as TTs go, I like my Numark TTXs, most people like Technics. Neither of these are cheap ($500-$700 ea). You'll have to do research and try things out to see what you like. In six months you should have a feel for what works for you.

Same goes for a mixer. I swear by my ttm56, but it cost me $800. You can get a shitty Gemini for $70, but the faders suck, and the cross fader will need to be replaced often. Again, go out and try things out.

Good luck
rollanotherone 10:06 AM - 18 August, 2007
Check out Craigslist in your area and try and buy a good pair of used turntables. I spent 300 bucks on a nice pair of numarks and a vestax mixer from a friend of mine that DJ's. I then bought the SSL set up spending a total of 840 bucks on a sweet set up. I have had it for 3 months now, and like Psyko said, im just NOW starting to learn what I need to "learn".
And also, buy used so you can spend 1000's on music. Im already about $2000+ in the hole with music. After 3 months. Mabye more. It could explain why I am broke like no joke. And I keep spending more and more on music. Amazon and your local record stores will become your friend.
JPK 4:05 PM - 19 August, 2007
wow, cockey ehh?
JPK 4:05 PM - 19 August, 2007
Within 6 months, I plan to accomplish all I have to know about DJing.
djhashis300 10:53 PM - 20 August, 2007
you should def start on sl 1210's and the pioneer djm 800 if you have money to blow. Shure m44-7 are great needles for club. honestly don't start on serato, learn to beatmatch w/ few break vinyls about 130 bpm. thats the best place to start to help build confidence. good luck
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 10:18 AM - 23 August, 2007
**Moved to General Discussion
djbriguy 12:41 PM - 23 August, 2007
uhm... go here... where you already asked us www.scratchlive.net
Bigfourty4 9:40 PM - 23 August, 2007
2 turntables and microphone ---_Beck
Bigfourty4 9:40 PM - 23 August, 2007
shit--i meant to say microwave

jk
allstarchris 5:28 AM - 24 August, 2007
Just get what this guy is using if you want the cheapest:
Watchwww.youtube.com
djnvs 8:31 AM - 24 August, 2007
Quote:
Just get what this guy is using if you want the cheapest:
Watchwww.youtube.com

wow... thats that urban outfitter shit...
DJ Sniffles 8:35 AM - 24 August, 2007
HAHAHAHA thats pretty dope
Eazydidit 3:44 PM - 21 April, 2016
I'm getting the pioneer ddj sb2. I've never done any djing before so is this a good beginner piece?