DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Denon DN MC6000 Map

AMSEnt. 4:05 AM - 4 June, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.2.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
OS Version: dont-know
---

I just received my Denon DN MC6000. In an effort to get it to run properly with Serato, I am using an XML file called 'Fernando MC6000.' It works, but there are a lot of functions missing from it. Is there another file out there?

Anything will help.
Thanks!
DJ Unique 5:49 PM - 4 June, 2011
Did you figure out how to map it to your liking?
AMSEnt. 5:55 PM - 4 June, 2011
No. none of the effects work, and the back and forward buttons don't make it so that the cursor will jump from the song section to the playlists and visa versa. Also, on my 4500, the 'set cue' and 'cue' are done with the same button, but apparently that either can't be done with this controller, or i's not mapped to do it using the XML file I used. However, the platters work beautifully as do all of the basic functions. There are just some small things that I can't get it to do.
AMSEnt. 5:56 PM - 4 June, 2011
Also, while I am scrolling through the playlists, I would like to make it so that when I push down on the scroll button, the cursor jumps from the playlist into the song selection of that playlist.
DJ Unique 6:25 PM - 4 June, 2011
The effects are mapped so they should work. If you expand your FX panel you should see the the scroll and on/off button below are mapped.

As far having the the same button do two functions, I'm not 100% sure that's possible. The Forward /Back button is mapped to scroll within the same area on you playlist. It kinda dumb so I'll change that.

When you press the scroll button I think it loads the selected track into the Prepare location.

If I can find some time I'll look into changing a few things for you later today.
6:22 PM, 6 Jun 2011
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
AMSEnt. 6:47 PM - 6 June, 2011
Hey DJ Unique, did you get a chance to change around any of the mapping? The 6000 worked great at the wedding u did this weekend. If I could just get those few little tweaks worked out then I would be ecstatic!
AMSEnt. 7:08 PM - 6 June, 2011
Oops, I meant at the wedding I did this weekend. I would still be interested in seeing anyone else's XML file. I have found a few guys that seem to have it mapped pretty well on YouTube, but have not heard back from any of them as far as getting me an XML file that they used to map out the 6000.
dj jahlumps 5:26 AM - 15 January, 2012
how do i get the mapping for the Dn Mc 6000
DJ Unique 5:37 AM - 15 January, 2012
Quote:

Send me your email.
Jao Varela 10:18 AM - 7 March, 2012
hi.. can u email me also mc6000 mapping for serato? jao_varela@yahoo.com.. thank you!
DJJ SLY 3:23 PM - 7 March, 2012
DJ Unique 10:06 PM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:

You can ask DJ Unique on this discussion.
serato.com
DJ BLESS1 2:48 AM - 30 March, 2012
hey whats good DJ Unique i got the denon mc 6000 the serato sl2 and am trying to get them to work together as simple as the virtual dj i was trying to find sources on the web and i was directed to you tube , that did not go well no i am here seeking your help i see everyone is asking for a mapping, if thats the solution and you have the mapping or know where i can purchase it i would appreciate the help. you could hit me up at mrfresh80@yahoo.com
DJ BLESS1 2:56 AM - 30 March, 2012
i wish these companies would make it to where when making such good top of the line products, they would make it to where it much easier couple them to work without so much complications since they can get so costly.
DJ Unique 6:04 AM - 30 March, 2012
XML has been sent DJ BLESS1
DJ KGoody 10:30 PM - 2 April, 2012
DJ Unique could you please email me the XML at africamovement@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks
DJ Unique 4:30 AM - 3 April, 2012
Sent KGoody
nassst 5:04 AM - 5 April, 2012
DJUnique, Can you please email me the xml at
prestigeit@bellsouth.net
thank you. DJ SoBe
DJ Unique 5:44 AM - 5 April, 2012
Sent nassst
DJ ChrisH 9:25 PM - 18 April, 2012
chris.halestrap@gmail.com

Please email me the DN MC-6000 Mapping!
Hobbist DJ Bag Designer 11:11 PM - 18 April, 2012
DJ Unique I've tried to update my job wheels to also pitch bend, messed it all up.

Is there an updated version for platter control and pitch bending.

If so pls email to tom.somsanuk@gmail.com
DJ Unique 5:51 AM - 19 April, 2012
Sent DJ ChrisH
DJ Unique 5:53 AM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:
DJ Unique I've tried to update my job wheels to also pitch bend, messed it all up.

Is there an updated version for platter control and pitch bending.

If so pls email to tom.somsanuk@gmail.com

Sent again
Mah Leh Sheen 12:21 AM - 21 April, 2012
Unique send me the mapping to the denon 6000 or anyone please. A budy of mine dj exteban just bought the denon and I can't get the scroll button load button or the turntable wheel to work. Send it to djmalechin@gmail.com help!!!
DJ Unique 4:43 AM - 21 April, 2012
Sent Mah Leh Sheen
bobby c 2:21 AM - 10 May, 2012
Could you please send me the xml file as well bob@mewri.com

Thank You

BTW, does the Cue Button next to the play button work for setting a cue spot?
DJ Unique 4:19 AM - 10 May, 2012
Quote:
Could you please send me the xml file as well bob@mewri.com

Thank You

BTW, does the Cue Button next to the play button work for setting a cue spot?

Sent you the XML.

The Cue button was mapped to stop & return to previous temp cue or stopped position.
The cue buttons are mapped to trigger or set cue points.
bobby c 9:37 AM - 10 May, 2012
Thank You :)
Rick Hodgkins 10:34 AM - 11 May, 2012
Is anybody else getting a double da/dump when syncing up downbeats striking the hot cue 1 button?
dhillz81 1:13 AM - 22 May, 2012
Aloha,

Got the Denon DN-MC6000. Has anyone tried to use turntables instead of the jog wheels and just use the Denon for hot cues, loops, efx, crossfading and volume? If someone has mapped the Denon to do that....hit me up. I have the mapping done by fernando.
DJ Unique 1:22 AM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
Aloha,

Got the Denon DN-MC6000. Has anyone tried to use turntables instead of the jog wheels and just use the Denon for hot cues, loops, efx, crossfading and volume? If someone has mapped the Denon to do that....hit me up. I have the mapping done by fernando.

You can use the same mapping.
Switch your virtual players to "Relative" instead of "Internal"

RCA routing will change.
Turntables into SL box out to MC6000
dhillz81 1:31 AM - 22 May, 2012
Have you tried using the app called tonetable for Ipad or i phone and doing this same thing??
DJ Unique 1:41 AM - 22 May, 2012
Quote:
Have you tried using the app called tonetable for Ipad or i phone and doing this same thing??

No I haven't.
I like to touch real platters & stuff.
Charles 1967 11:48 PM - 8 August, 2012
Dj Unique can you send me sera to xml mapping file for the denon mc6000. please send to my email address "theincredibledjc@yahoo.com"

Thanks.
DJ Unique 4:34 AM - 9 August, 2012
Sent Charles 1967
DJ Chrisdavid 10:58 AM - 20 August, 2012
Dj Unique can you send me sera to xml mapping file for the denon mc6000 i use an sl1. please send to my email address "Mail@chrisdavid.de"
DJ Unique 4:02 PM - 20 August, 2012
Sent DJ Chrisdavid
willjr20 11:43 PM - 26 August, 2012
Hi DJ Unique,

Please send me the MIDI mapping for the MC-6000 MIDI controller. I am using SSL 2 on a Windows 7 machine. Thanks in advance for your help.

My email address is willjr20 at gmail dot com.

Regards
Dj4dubb 1:23 AM - 27 August, 2012
Dj Unique, thank you... I had question, how do I get the side of the paltters to work with the mapping? It sound to me like it should be working from loading up the XML file, but it's not working for me...

email address is gbrown44@gmail.com, just in case I need a newer file or something
DJ Unique 3:40 AM - 27 August, 2012
Sent willjr20
DJ Unique 3:41 AM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
Dj Unique, thank you... I had question, how do I get the side of the paltters to work with the mapping? It sound to me like it should be working from loading up the XML file, but it's not working for me...

email address is gbrown44@gmail.com, just in case I need a newer file or something

I sent you an email about this Dj4dubb
Dj4dubb 1:36 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I sent you an email about this Dj4dubb

thanks again sir... I wonder if they wil be giving more midi mapping ability with the next release
Dj4dubb 1:56 PM - 27 August, 2012
lastly, how do I trigger samples with the controller and is deleting CUE points with the unit possble? I'm trying to use the mouse as less as possible... If you have any more videos that show you doing things with it, just point me to that and i'll study it.
DJ Unique 8:45 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
lastly, how do I trigger samples with the controller and is deleting CUE points with the unit possble? I'm trying to use the mouse as less as possible... If you have any more videos that show you doing things with it, just point me to that and i'll study it.

Sorry Djdubb, since I don't use samples, I never mapped that function.
I usually pre-set CUE points so I hardly ever delete them. If I do have to then I just use the mouse.
Dj4dubb 9:53 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry Djdubb, since I don't use samples, I never mapped that function.
I usually pre-set CUE points so I hardly ever delete them. If I do have to then I just use the mouse.

You did a lot tho and I appreciate it. That controller can do so much... There is a map for Traktor that a guy named Altimira did that really shows the controller at almost full potential... He has shift + the cue button to delete a cue point. He's mapped pressing down on the select nob + the cur trigger button to get to the other cue banks or samples... Visual feedback showing the tempo beats and end of track warning... If you Traktor check it out,
DJ Unique 11:51 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
... If you Traktor check it out,

Sorry I'm not on Traktor.
I have Traktor LE cause I have the X1 but I only use it to turn on the lights on the MC6000. Since I do video, Traktor is not an option for me.
Dj4dubb 11:52 PM - 27 August, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
... If you Traktor check it out,

Sorry I'm not on Traktor.
I have Traktor LE cause I have the X1 but I only use it to turn on the lights on the MC6000. Since I do video, Traktor is not an option for me.

I can dig it
Mackie mackay 8:54 PM - 13 December, 2012
Hi guys I'm struggling finding a decent mapping file too. Any help appreciated!?!? djmaxalone@hotmail.com
DJ Unique 9:39 PM - 13 December, 2012
Sent Mackie mackay
horecaman 9:03 PM - 22 January, 2013
Please send me the xml file?!

Cheers!

horecaman@gmail.com
DJ Unique 10:27 PM - 22 January, 2013
Sent horecaman
DJ Yoni 9:43 PM - 20 April, 2013
Sorry to bother you DJ Unique but can u please send me the XML file, jidiamond@aol.com

One love!!!
DJ Unique 12:31 AM - 21 April, 2013
Sent DJ Yoni
DJ Yoni 5:33 AM - 21 April, 2013
Quote:
Sent DJ Yoni

Thank you very much!!
Dj M-Pak 5:35 PM - 13 May, 2013
Hi Dj Unique, can you please send to me the xml file for dn 6000 mapping ?

Thanks
Dj M-Pak 11:20 PM - 13 May, 2013
Quote:
Hi Dj Unique, can you please send to me the xml file for dn 6000 mapping ?

Thanks

hockey_gabi_24@hotmail.com
DJ Unique 4:17 AM - 14 May, 2013
Sent Dj M-Pak
Dj M-Pak 4:07 PM - 15 May, 2013
thank you Mister!!
Chol 12:21 AM - 6 July, 2013
Hi DJ Unique!
Can You please send me a copy of the mapping file for Denon DN MC6000
Thank You!
Chol 12:21 AM - 6 July, 2013
E
Quote:
Hi DJ Unique!
Can You please send me a copy of the mapping file for Denon DN MC6000
Thank You!

Email: cholinc@gmail.com
DJ Unique 4:26 AM - 6 July, 2013
Sent Chol
Boutique Sound 5:06 PM - 12 July, 2013
i'm looking for a good xml file, already have denon 6000 and sl1 box, can dj unique or anyone else email me the file???

allen at casablancadj dot com
DJ Unique 5:23 PM - 12 July, 2013
Sent
dj-freestyle 2:44 AM - 15 July, 2013
Now there is midi map finally
Dj4dubb 11:21 PM - 22 July, 2013
Who's used the new map?
DJ Unique 8:06 AM - 23 July, 2013
I just tested the XML posted on link below and it works well in SSL 2.5
serato.com

Platters and lights work.

Sync toggles platter from vinyl to bend mode.

'PARAM 1 & 2" controls auto-loop but no lights
"EFX 4" buttons activate the Censor (reverse)
"EFX Scroll" is for the effects BPM multiplier

No lights on Key Lock button but it's mapped

All other buttons and scrolls work as expected.

I haven't tested samples and can't figure out what the "SHIFT" button does.
Dj4dubb 10:20 AM - 23 July, 2013
nice, thanks...
DJ TonyG1 1:29 AM - 2 November, 2013
DJ Unique how do i get the mapping for the Dn Mc 6000 please.....
DJ Unique 3:13 AM - 2 November, 2013
Quote:
DJ Unique how do i get the mapping for the Dn Mc 6000 please.....

What's your email address?
DJ TonyG1 5:28 AM - 2 November, 2013
Thank You dgroovee@me.com
DJ Unique 6:17 AM - 2 November, 2013
Sent DJ TonyG1
djhalcon 5:27 AM - 20 November, 2013
Hi Dj Unique,

I just bought the DN6000 and can not make it work with sera to SL3 can you please provide the mapping. Would greatly appreciated. Halconj28@yahoo.com
Thanks,
DJ Unique 6:46 AM - 20 November, 2013
Sent djhalcon
djhalcon 7:07 PM - 11 December, 2013
Dj Unique,

Just want to Thank you for providing the mapping for the DN6000.
DJ Unique 8:27 PM - 11 December, 2013
Quote:
Dj Unique,

Just want to Thank you for providing the mapping for the DN6000.

No problem
Rick Hodgkins 2:21 PM - 25 December, 2013
Finally got a second sl2 for my 6k rig.
Please send the latest
rickhodgkins@comcast.net
DJ Unique 8:07 PM - 25 December, 2013
Sent Rick Hodgkins
dhillz81 7:25 AM - 5 January, 2014
Has anyone transitioned to Serato DJ and using the Denon DN-MC6000?
djhalcon 7:35 AM - 12 April, 2014
Hi DJ Unique,

My computer took a crash and I am once again looking for the mapping for the DN-MC6000.
Would greatly appreciated...
raedonquan 11:26 AM - 12 April, 2014
Quote:
Has anyone transitioned to Serato DJ and using the Denon DN-MC6000?

The 600mkII will be a better suit for sdj.

There is no midi panel right now for sdj.....As the regular 6000 platters are not mappable.

you can't map library scroll temp cue or delete cue

You can use sdj w 6000 regular mixer and connect. the sl2 box with the cdj 2000, 900,850 as hid controller and Serato remote for cue points and sampler
DJ Unique 2:49 AM - 14 April, 2014
Quote:
Hi DJ Unique,

My computer took a crash and I am once again looking for the mapping for the DN-MC6000.
Would greatly appreciated...

samoa81 10:50 AM - 31 August, 2014
Hey Dj Unique..

Can u hook me up with mapping for dnmc6000 please. Thanks!
DJ Unique 9:05 PM - 31 August, 2014
Quote:
Hey Dj Unique..

Can u hook me up with mapping for dnmc6000 please. Thanks!

OK.

Keep in mind that this only work with Scratch Live and you will need an SL box.
samoa81 10:14 PM - 31 August, 2014
Dj unique. ..sonofsamoa81@gmail.com. I have sl3 box. Thanks
DJ Unique 10:22 PM - 31 August, 2014
Sent samoa81
DJ Rottin 6:29 PM - 19 December, 2014
Hey DJ Unique, could I get the xml file from ya?
I'd really appreciate the help.
email : dylonpowry@gmail.com
DJ Unique 6:45 PM - 19 December, 2014
Sent DJ Rottin
Lucais 4:52 PM - 22 December, 2014
Hi I got a mapping for serato sl3 with a denon mc 6000 with windows 7 from dj unique which was brilliant thanks for that. I just recently got a lap top with windows 8 and loaded it up to find that the digital platters don't work properly eg scratching is not happening at right speed too slow. Is there a patch for windows 8 and also is mapping available for the third deck the button with a note on it would be good for switching fx to deck 3.
Email- lucaisswainnisbet@gmail.com
DJ Unique 11:16 PM - 22 December, 2014
Quote:
Hi I got a mapping for serato sl3 with a denon mc 6000 with windows 7 from dj unique which was brilliant thanks for that. I just recently got a lap top with windows 8 and loaded it up to find that the digital platters don't work properly eg scratching is not happening at right speed too slow. Is there a patch for windows 8 and also is mapping available for the third deck the button with a note on it would be good for switching fx to deck 3.

I remember people were having this issue a while ago.
I can't remember the fix but it was either pressing the "SYNC" button or updating QuickTime.
Wyld_Wolf 1:38 PM - 9 January, 2015
Hey DJ Unique can you send me the Midi mapping for the Denon DN-MC6000 please i use Serato DJ though not sure if it would have any effect but would like to try it amwyldwolf@gmail.com .

Thanks
DJ Unique 8:25 PM - 9 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey DJ Unique can you send me the Midi mapping for the Denon DN-MC6000 please i use Serato DJ though not sure if it would have any effect but would like to try it amwyldwolf@gmail.com .

Thanks

I will send it but it will NOT work in Serato DJ, this only works on Scratch Live and you will need an SL2 or similar.
DJ Mike Rock (Toronto) 1:32 AM - 22 February, 2015
Hey DJ Unique.

Can you send me the XML file for SSL and the Denon MC6000 please?
I recently updated Mac laptops and can no longer find the original file.

Cheers mate!

Mike Rock
info@djmikerock.com
DJ Unique 7:34 PM - 22 February, 2015
Sent DJ Mike Rock
raedonquan 11:22 PM - 22 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I remember people were having this issue a while ago.
I can't remember the fix but it was either pressing the "SYNC" button or updating QuickTime.

install quicktime and it will fix it
Dj Gerric Yo! 4:11 AM - 18 April, 2016
Hi DJ Unique!

I got an XML file and tried it but the right jog doesn't seem to work and I cannot switch to "Relative mode". It only works in "Internal mode". Do I need to configure something? Help me out bro. I really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Could you please send me the XML file? Maybe your XML file might work.
Dj Gerric Yo! 4:12 AM - 18 April, 2016
Hi DJ Unique!

I got an XML file and tried it but the right jog doesn't seem to work and I cannot switch to "Relative mode". It only works in "Internal mode". Do I need to configure something? Help me out bro. I really appreciate it.

Thanks!

pdiddybox@gmail.com
Dj Gerric Yo! 4:14 AM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
Dj unique. ..sonofsamoa81@gmail.com. I have sl3 box. Thanks

I'm using SL1 box. Is there any difference from XML file?
DJ Unique 5:24 AM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
Hi DJ Unique!

Thanks!

pdiddybox@gmail.com

You need to keep it in "Internal" mode for the jog wheel to work. If you use in "Relative" mode, you will need an external CD player or Turntable to control movement.
DJ Unique 5:35 AM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Hi DJ Unique!

Thanks!

pdiddybox@gmail.com

You need to keep it in "Internal" mode for the jog wheel to work. If you use in "Relative" mode, you will need an external CD player or Turntable to control movement.

Hi Gerric,
I just emailed the XML.
Please use in "INTERNAL" mode.
Thanks
Dj Roddy Marino 7:13 PM - 31 January, 2020
Hi, I need mapping mc 6000 my email is stereoroddy@gmail.com
DJ Unique 8:02 PM - 3 February, 2020
Quote:
Hi, I need mapping mc 6000 my email is stereoroddy@gmail.com

Sent but not sure if this works with Serato DJ.
It used to work with Scratch Live as long as you had an SL2 or similar.
Good luck
raedonquan 8:05 PM - 3 February, 2020
There is a different platter control for sdj coding..

DJ techtools has a map for the sc2000 for sdj..for platter control.. you will need to edit to fit the mc6000