Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer ddj s1 echo effect?

Mm3 2:09 AM - 29 April, 2011
Im a happy new itch user. coming from djm 800 and ssl. i chose the ddj s1 mainly because im use to pioneer gears. echo on the s1 needs improvement, it's not bad, i just wish it was more similar to 800, it needs more timing delay after it is disable. echo seems to get cut off right away as soon as it is turned off. also, when i turn on the echo effect, i can hear it getting activated thru my master volume; not a pop or click but more similar to an audio drop but not as bad, hard to describe. this only happens on the echo effect. tried playing with buffer, latency, etc settings but doesn't make a difference. im running mbp which i also use to run my ssl.

overall, am very happy with s1 and itch. had an s4 for a while which was great. very neat controller but had some glitches which was expected with new products. for now i needed a more reliable controller which is why i got the s1. man i missed the simplicity and stability of serato, great to be back!. though i'll be honest, like a lot of ssl/itch user, i wouldn't mind getting some of traktor's features. we'll just have to wait... =)
djcerla 9:37 AM - 29 April, 2011
Hi,

Effects on the DJM-800 are top notch. Pioneer took 15 years to refine them with the help of DJs feedback.

Effects in ITCH were introduced only 1.5 years ago, and a lot of feedback (mostly, negative) has already impacted Serato's ears :)

The kind of feedback you've just provided is precious, keep it coming (remember that Serato staff read every post on this forum).
DJ 1337 11:24 AM - 9 July, 2011
Hi,

after just running the S1 last night live i must say the ECHO is more or less useless.
The 'click' noise is unacceptable and the echo has no 'bite'.

Sure, im a normal Pioneer user with the DJM900/2000, but imo ITCH MUST be able to provide better echo effects 'outofthebox'.

I hope this will be fixed asap cuz echoing is a vital part of my mix style.

/dj1337
keezykey 5:32 AM - 24 October, 2012
I'm looking at these posts and they are all over a year old and I'm surpirsed to see that the effects that need improvement in the serato software have not been fixed. The effects in the effects bank are crucial to a DJ's set (especially an effect like echo). It is somewhat shameful to see that a 1000$ piece of machinery is lacking full potential output due to an inadequate software development. If serato does actually see these posts, I would have guessed that they were to make an attempt in fixing the issue and have us serato users brag about our machinery and software instead of considering the switch over to traktor and talking down on the serato software. But then again, the issue may not be a simple software fix on seratos end, and could be an issue with engineering of the machine itself. In either case, a reply from the serato staff would be nice to have an idea what the issue is, and if there will ever be a possible solution to this.
breakermixer 6:12 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm looking at these posts and they are all over a year old and I'm surpirsed to see that the effects that need improvement in the serato software have not been fixed. The effects in the effects bank are crucial to a DJ's set (especially an effect like echo). It is somewhat shameful to see that a 1000$ piece of machinery is lacking full potential output due to an inadequate software development. If serato does actually see these posts, I would have guessed that they were to make an attempt in fixing the issue and have us serato users brag about our machinery and software instead of considering the switch over to traktor and talking down on the serato software. But then again, the issue may not be a simple software fix on seratos end, and could be an issue with engineering of the machine itself. In either case, a reply from the serato staff would be nice to have an idea what the issue is, and if there will ever be a possible solution to this.

Solution: serato.com
TVD 5:51 PM - 8 July, 2015
Quote:

Its 2015 and ive had my DDJ-S1 for probably two years now and have almost completely forgotten about the echo fx since ive never been able to use it. but now i want to/need to have this feature. unfortunately im not the most tech savy deejay out there so resolving this issue is going to need some more guidance for me than a link to serato's page.. please help!