DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Bridge for Itch

Deepcycle 5:38 AM - 24 April, 2011
Hey just wondering if anyone knows the release date for the Bridge for Serato Itch.

Website says 2011 but they are releasing software version 2.2 and no mention of Bridge for that.
phatbob 10:52 AM - 24 April, 2011
Nobody knows the answer to that, I doubt even Serato have a firm date on their roadmap, but based on Itch 2.0 being due for release in Q3 2011, I wouldn't be expecting a version with the Bridge until Q4 or even early 2012.
DJ.iroko 1:40 AM - 10 June, 2011
for as long as I've been waiting I'm looking for alternatives and I've not ruled out creating my own type of bridge type of software....They are not in any rush to create an itch version especially with such a low interest as having just 3 posts on the topic in 3 months.....depressing for Serato that must mean the Bridge hype was just that....... hype
djallstyle 8:44 AM - 15 June, 2011
Crazy thing is the midi controllers are ready for ableton now. My vci can be assigned channel by channel & knob by knob to Ableton now. It's simply a programming update that apparently the foks @ Serato/Ableton could care less about. Unreal how long this update has taken, with no release date in sight. WOW!!!
djallstyle 8:45 AM - 15 June, 2011
#FAIL
Chris81 2:12 AM - 9 July, 2011
Fail indeed. Very disappointing.
Carlo Frascaroli 5:45 PM - 11 July, 2011
does ith 2.0 suport bridge???

im an ableton live user. and i really wana use the bridge.......a long time ago, i uses to play with tracktor scracht and ableton opened, boot softwares playing together, can i do the same with ith?

i play the xone dx, and ith/...... or the xone dx + novation launchpad and ableton live
but never can uses boot programs at the same time

please serato, launch the bridge for ith..!

sorry about my inglish, im from chile
AEYST 2:56 PM - 12 July, 2011
Anyone else notice that they removed the statement saying that the bridge will be available for ITCH users in 2011 from the products page. I bought ableton LIVE, and 10 months later I learn this was all hype.
Ken L. Jones 3:40 PM - 12 July, 2011
^ if you're right - wowzers...
Carlo Frascaroli 4:26 PM - 12 July, 2011
yes i notice abouth that, its very strange, wen ith 2.0 appear, the statement of bridge for ith was removed

im the owner of ableton live, and ith,

please serato, don`t forget us
Carlo Frascaroli 4:29 PM - 12 July, 2011
in the Ableton web the statement" bridge for ith coming son" wasn`t removed :) yet
DJ reTTro 2:10 AM - 21 July, 2011
it will be available, serato's not that naive to NOT make the bridge compatible for 2.0 just be patient
Satsun 6:06 AM - 21 July, 2011
@reTTro

I hope you're right, but many of us Itch users are loosing confidence. It would be nice to hear Serato reconfirm the Bridge for Itch is in their plans.
AKreacha 9:01 AM - 26 July, 2011
@Satsun, completely agreed. I know some people who have had alot of good luck using traktor and syncing ableton, i may just have to move from ITCH to Traktor if this Bridge doesnt happen here really soon.
ZIIK 3:45 PM - 26 July, 2011
For me the Bridge for Itch is the dealbreaker.

I would go with itch if it was compatible with ableton. I'm in the market for new gear and don't like waiting. So I might have to go for something else. To bad! Been looking forward to this.
Ken L. Jones 5:11 PM - 26 July, 2011
I am sure we will see new hardware tailored to itch 2.0 that potentially would have the bridge functionality in mind.. wishful thinking though
Cerebrix 11:14 AM - 12 August, 2011
hey sam,

think you could get us a little tease of a nugget of new info, a screenshot, anything?
Carlo Frascaroli 2:24 PM - 23 August, 2011
Hey, just try this, using the Xone DX connect a RCA cable from the aux output to the ch4 input of the hardware. open ableton live and set the master output to the 5/6 output channel. then open ITH and press the line 4 thruu input.... press sinc and play in your desire bpm.... write the same bpm value in ableton and adjust the pitch bend with the metronome.

now you are using some like the bridge

the chilean way......... :)
Mynd Trix 9:02 AM - 27 August, 2011
i need this to work!!!! Bridge... NOW serato...
shawna 8:35 PM - 7 November, 2011
still nothing huh? imma itchin SO bad for this to happen!
also a owner of ableton and the vci...
what's the holdup?

is it really gonna happen? or should i also try traktor....ughhh!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:07 PM - 22 November, 2011
Hey guys,

Here is the official update from both ourselves and Ableton:

"2011 has been a big year for both Ableton and Serato. Both companies have been hard at work, with numerous technologies being developed. These include Itch software releases and Itch partner controllers from Serato, and Max for Live from Ableton. Due to considerations for the necessary release of these products, we aren't able to release The Bridge for Itch in 2011."

Cheers,

Sam.
A! 2:11 AM - 23 November, 2011
Damn :/ saddest thing I've read all day. Could this be because you guys are holding out 'til Live 9 is released? Maybe integrated with one another??
anderson7 2:16 AM - 23 November, 2011
so it won't be released in 2011. will it be released at all? or has it been abandoned?
shawna 3:44 AM - 24 November, 2011
thanks for the reply Sam~

could we please get an update on the next planned release date?

seriously bummin :(
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:52 PM - 24 November, 2011
Sorry shawna we don't have any other announcements to make at this stage.

Cheers,

Sam.
patrickwdoyle 9:47 PM - 29 November, 2011
Sam - Thanks for replying to this. Is it still the vision of Serato to have Itch integrate The Bridge and Video SL eventually?

Personally I use the Twitch and Novation's new Ableton mapping app works for DJing in Ableton, but I can see why a person people would like to integrate a Launchpad with their VCI or NS.

The video feature has been available in Live much longer than the Bridge has. Regardless of the Bridge, will there be an Itch video plug-in eventually?
DJSPACED 10:18 PM - 10 December, 2011
Serato, I purchased Itch and an Allen Heath Xone DX the first day I saw that Bridge was going to be available for Itch, this was January 7th 2011. Its no almost a year later and no updates to the progress and its quickly becoming 2012. Please let us know if you are dropping plans to integrate Bridge with Itch, as I will likely switch to another software / hardware company.
DJ-Sven 7:00 AM - 14 December, 2011
For me it's the same: I only bought ITCH because of the upcoming Bridge. Now, over 1 Year later there is no Brigde.

Serato, I understand, that Softwaredevelopment takes time, but WE paid for that... WE paid your job, so DO YOUR JOB.

If you're not able to develop the Bridge for ITCH, why don't you make SSL compatible with ITCH-Hardware? My Xone DX works fine with Traktor Scratch pro & Alcatech Digiscratch, so it will be only one Line in the SSL-Software, to authorize other Hardware-Interfaces for SSL.
nik39 2:30 PM - 14 December, 2011
Dude, what are you on?

When buying [insert your Itch hardware here] did it say on the package "comes with Bridge for free"?

Do you realize that the Bridge itself is already a gift from Serato cause no one has to pay a single dime for it?

When Serato said that TB will come for Itch no date was announced, because they simply didn't have a date. Here we are now. No Itch. But they didn't break their promise - TB for Itch will come. As long as Serato delivers the full TB package for Itch they kept their promise.

In the meantime an advise from myself: Don't ever buy a product if it does not deliver what you need right now. Wait until it delivers what you need. Then spend the money. If Itch does not support TB - and you MUST have it and need it, then don't buy it right now. Makes you sleep better, and less hassle for everyone. ;)

My 2 cents.
Code:E 8:36 PM - 14 December, 2011
Quote:
why don't you make SSL compatible with ITCH-Hardware?

+1

I would love to use a xone:DX and maybe a pair of cdj2k's so i can have acces to all 4 decks at every instance, I would most likely use the DX decks for loading tools into 1 deck and the bridge timecode into the other deck.
Dj Ace 5:43 AM - 15 December, 2011
the itch controllers introduce a lot of other factors and variables that have to be taken into account while coding. SSL has no internal mixing etc...it can get complicated fast. they said its coming, they said they are working on it...so chill..or you could always buy RANE hardware, works like a charm!
Chris81 12:21 PM - 27 December, 2011
As much as it pains me to admit it ... I sorta agree with Nik 39.

We aren't talking about a big corporation here. We are talking about a relatively small New Zealand based company. And for those who aren't aware, 2011 was a very sad year for NZ (altho more so the south island than the north).

Yes Serato promised The Bridge for Itch a while ago. Yes they haven't delivered on their announcement yet, and from what I can tell from something I read on the net a few people at Serato are kicking themselves for jumping the gun and announcing TB for Itch so early.

Am I disappointed? Hell yes. I've been producing for about 10 years now. DJing was an afterthought, so after I got a NS7 I was understandably ecstatic to find Itch would run with my beloved Live rig in which I invested a substantial sum. But hey, Serato cleaned out a lot of bugs with the new and improved Itch interface, which I must point out has the new SP6 sample player. Okay so it's not Itch and Live, but it's still something extra and suggests Serato is intent on pushing to make its products bigger and badder. Take solace in the knowledge that somewhere deep in the southern hemisphere there's a bunch of frostbitten programmers and assorted tech nerd types frantically slugging away to improve our DJ experience.

At the end of the day, if I could wind the clock back i still don't think I'd have bought anything other than my beloved and faithful NS7.
DJ.iroko 2:24 PM - 29 January, 2012
I love my NS7 HOWEVER if my $1300 NS7 is limited to an Itch program that is worth less than my toilet paper at home...then I've made a terrible investment! Once I find out if Traktor syncs up well with the NS7 & Ableton. 8 I'm done with Serato
Code:E 12:23 AM - 30 January, 2012
Quote:
Once I find out if Traktor syncs up well with the NS7 & Ableton. 8 I'm done with Serato

I dont know if the NS7 is midi mappable, so no clue if you can use trktoer with it. But you can use VDJ (or Cue). As for ableton if your advanced enough sure you can link traktor and ableton, not like the bridge or anything. though, if you had to ask i got a feeling you don't have the skill at the moment to do it. but you could learn :)
boogieroom 12:58 AM - 3 February, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys,

Here is the official update from both ourselves and Ableton:

"2011 has been a big year for both Ableton and Serato. Both companies have been hard at work, with numerous technologies being developed. These include Itch software releases and Itch partner controllers from Serato, and Max for Live from Ableton. Due to considerations for the necessary release of these products, we aren't able to release The Bridge for Itch in 2011."

Cheers,

Sam.

Why not just making itch it a vst plugin use with all software
XRM5 9:24 PM - 6 February, 2012
Itch needs to become a plugin of some kind, but who knows if that will ever happen.

This isn't a good sign for Bridge on Itch either:

serato.com

Quote:
you cannot record to mixtape .ALS, Serato Scratch Live is no longer carrying Mixtape as a feature. It has been shelved until the usability issues and functional problems have been fixed.
Erik Wiedmann 1:02 PM - 16 April, 2012
Are you guys actually working? Or just sitting there clapping and whistling? I mean almost two years?!? If I would have known that... I definitively would have went the TRAKTOR way... and for sure... i will tell everybody not to use Serato Products... I'm really pissed of!
GuyMiddleton 10:02 PM - 23 April, 2012
I bought my DX for Bridge, when it said 'coming in 2011.' I thought they meant it was coming in 2011.
I wanted it for mixtape.

I got rid of mine a few months back as I knew it wasn't going to happen.

Xone: K2 and ableton for me now.

Shame as I loved the simplicity of itch, but wanted what it promised.
Gowstpop 12:32 AM - 11 October, 2013
Its October 2013 and for a Rane mixer or sound card you going to pay from $500 for this function. Serato don't even have a a timecode out so you can do it manually like in traktor. Traktor has realeased there remix decks to work on any controller now. VDJ 8 is also in the process of having an unlimited sample bank. I just think that the only reason they have never released it is because they wouldn't then sell there Rane mixers. I think ableton have the power to wipe you out the market all they need to do is release there own plugin with decent look,and gone will be serato like decadance is doing with fl studio. You have been warned serato your competition is on your door step its time to take action and give your loyal users what they want.