DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR CUE BUTTONS!

Henry GQ 11:18 PM - 5 April, 2011
Rane Factory Contact Page -->> rane.com

so after this weekend I just kinda got fed up even MORE with the cue buttons on the Rane 68 again. I absolutely hate the buttons!! and I use them less and less!! because its more like a choir then enjoying ur mixer.

so I called Rane and got thru someone named Ellen or Ellena(not sure), and I expressed my dislike over the buttons, and she says that she hasnt heard heard of any complaints(how can that be??) whos covering this B.S up?
well whatever... so she said if enough people dislike the button that maybe Rane would do something about it? and to email her..

so I sent an email to her and I think everyone that wants their buttons changed should email her as well and add to this thread!

if you like the buttons good for you, please dont comment in this thread! please just dont hate on this thread or what im trying to do.

this is her email and I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE to email her if u dont like ur buttons and want them changed!!
lets stick together and make this happen!

Rane Factory Contact Page -->> rane.com

this is the email i sent.
Ellen
This is Henry Grabowy, I talked with you earlier on the phone and addressed my dislike of the cue buttons on the Rane 68 that I have owned for about a year(ever since the mixer came out)I'm sorry to say but after a year I still feel the same way! I was hoping that after a year something would have been done about this! As I previously stated the buttons are hard to hit and sometimes dont cue, but when I use the Novation Dicers, they are always easy to hit and feel great!!! much like most of the midi devices out on the market! I'm dumbfounded that nothing has been done to address this situation. I feel like I can get the same result with my Pioneer 800 and the Novation Dicers as the Rane 68. Im starting to wonder if paying $2600.00 for this mixer was a wise choice? and that I am thinking about selling the 68
Depending on the place I play... I have jumped the needle off the turntable because I have to hit the button so hard. this is not good. Shaun from Rane said it depends on how someone hits the button and that it should be hit towards the top. its really hard to do that when your in a nightclub enviroment, and I totally disagree with that statement. if you hit the button, the button should activate the cue period. I want to have fun when playing on this mixer but i feel like its more of a choir then enjoying the capabilities of this mixer!!
I thought I would get used to these "buttons" but I have not. even other DJS that have played on my mixer feel the same way!

After a year I still feel the same way about the Rane made a bad choice with the cue buttons. PLEASE help me and others with having the choice to do something about this serious issue!!

Henry G********* aka DJ Henry GQ
henrygq@******.com
814.*******
315 ******* street
Erie, Pennsylvania *****

serial # (21) *********
Rane
TrevorW 1:29 AM - 6 April, 2011
Hi Henry,

I assure you that we are aware of your complaints of the button style on the Rane Sixty-Eight mixer. Like I said in response to your personal messages to me, and when you called me, that we understand exactly what it is that you dislike about the buttons. I promise you that you and everyone else that has expressed criticism have all been heard. I also promise you that it is not ignored or that there has been any kind of "cover up."

As you know, I'm one of the engineers here at Rane. As a developer, I love having this forum available to us so that we have direct communication with all the different kinds of users that use our products. All the feedback that is sent to us through this forum, the mail, and people we talk to at shows is extremely valuable to us when we are designing products for you. You guys are great. You really are. We have all kinds of amazing DJs and musicians taking our products and creating really great things with them. We would never censor or disregard your input. When designing a mixer, it is always with you guys in mind. We have world class DJs involved in the process, we look at the kinds of things our community is asking for, we look at ways to take the game further, and we are always reflecting on what was good and what was not so good about our previous products.

I know you don't like the buttons, and I understand why you feel that way. I don't want you to think you have been ignored-- because you haven't been. I am completely sincere when I say that I appreciate your feedback.
Henry GQ 2:16 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Hi Henry,

I assure you that we are aware of your complaints of the button style on the Rane Sixty-Eight mixer. Like I said in response to your personal messages to me, and when you called me, that we understand exactly what it is that you dislike about the buttons. I promise you that you and everyone else that has expressed criticism have all been heard. I also promise you that it is not ignored or that there has been any kind of "cover up."

As you know, I'm one of the engineers here at Rane. As a developer, I love having this forum available to us so that we have direct communication with all the different kinds of users that use our products. All the feedback that is sent to us through this forum, the mail, and people we talk to at shows is extremely valuable to us when we are designing products for you. You guys are great. You really are. We have all kinds of amazing DJs and musicians taking our products and creating really great things with them. We would never censor or disregard your input. When designing a mixer, it is always with you guys in mind. We have world class DJs involved in the process, we look at the kinds of things our community is asking for, we look at ways to take the game further, and we are always reflecting on what was good and what was not so good about our previous products.

I know you don't like the buttons, and I understand why you feel that way. I don't want you to think you have been ignored-- because you haven't been. I am completely sincere when I say that I appreciate your feedback.

thnx for replying trevor, but that doesnt help me right now. what would help me is the buttons being changed. i dont wanna come off as a jerk. cuz im really not. but when i pay for something and it doesnt fulfill my expectations... well. i feel its like u go thru the mcdonalds drive thru.... u order a cheeseburger and coke and u get home and ur missing the straw and its hamburger..

im just using this mixer as a normal mixer not as what its intended to be... a bad ass mixer!! i barely use the cue buttons anymore except to cue me back to the beginning of the track. the screen for the efx is just too small to read and i barely use that, but thats not why i bought the mixer.
i bought this mixer for the cue points and loop rolls.

if u guys arent gonna do anything about the buttons. please just tell me. so i can sell the mixer, buy the pioneer 900, and use my novation dicers with the the sl-1 or sl-3. im just bummed. i love the 68, but the buttons play a big role in the way i dj...
s3kn0tr0n1c 7:29 AM - 6 April, 2011
as ive said in another thread.....

i think its either

1. A SL software bug or

2. A firmware bug on mixer

that buttons(including cue/flex fx) dont respond 100% of the time

When they do respond I have no problem with the feel of them. When the buttons are working I can hit mine as fast as I can and they feel fine.....

So if Rane/Serato sort this bug all will be good and this mixer will be what it was meant to be. DOPE AS FEk
erange 9:28 AM - 6 April, 2011
i've been having some issues that i believe are firmware related to the mixer. like not getting my bpm data in flex/fx, and occasional samples & cue's disappearing then reappearing.
s3kn0tr0n1c 11:14 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
i've been having some issues that i believe are firmware related to the mixer. like not getting my bpm data in flex/fx, and occasional samples & cue's disappearing then reappearing.

I had this happen on a few occasions. Only on start up tho.

The best solution is to unplug usb lead then replug....Its a small glitch when SL and 68 "pair up". Once the initial "pair up" has taking place you will be fine from then on.

I trust you have latest version of SL, latest firmware on 68 and your tracks have been over-viewed/analyzed so that SL knows the tempo....the flex fx bmp NEEDS a track in SL to have its tempo worked out to work.....
Henry GQ 5:40 PM - 6 April, 2011
sigh...
Henry GQ 6:26 PM - 6 April, 2011
well. i hope Rane does something before this comes out!!!

Watchwww.youtube.com
AddPop 4:43 PM - 7 April, 2011
I have to agree. You KNOW I'm using Novation for my button needs, which is just scandalous, since I have a mixer full of midi controls.

I would luv some better buttons.
dj vmb 8:27 PM - 7 April, 2011
yep agreed buttons are so bad. AddPop isn't the only scandalous one...i also am using the dicer for my cue button needs. Sad but very true.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:41 PM - 7 April, 2011
this issue is 100% affecting my decision to buy a 68. I'm kind of waiting it out to see if anything will be done. IMO one of the greatest possible features of the 68 is it's weakest link.
Henry GQ 10:15 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
IMO one of the greatest possible features of the 68 is it's weakest link.

i couldnt agree any more with that statement. i absolutely love where they placed the cue buttons. but just the feel of them... its not good. and we need to let Rane know were not happy and something needs to be done about this. please Rane change the buttons out for us. this is crazy!
RapMaRz 1:02 AM - 8 April, 2011

wowsers, never heard of this till now henry. i would 100% change to traktor if they get a video plugin, this 2channel mixer looks way better then the 68 i own (ive had the 68 since it was released)
Henry GQ 1:16 AM - 8 April, 2011
sad to say, but thats how im feeling...
reggae delgado 1:26 AM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
well. i hope Rane does something before this comes out!!!

Watchwww.youtube.com

Henry, i understand your frustration with the buttons. I don't quite feel your urgency nor do I think that it's very feasible to change them as quickly as you demand, but I understand. However, to suggest that the new pioneer two channel mixer with no efx and no adjustable cross fader would be better feature wise than a 68 really devalues your argument.
Henry GQ 1:53 AM - 8 April, 2011
im sorry im not looking for a debate, so please keep ur opinions out of this thread. thank you....

im asking the other people who own the rane 68 to help me and help themselves send emails to ellen and the people at Rane to do something about this. untill u work for Rane.................
ancientyouth 3:51 AM - 8 April, 2011
this is a forum you posted on, its public....... Since were here id rather see them working on things i consider higher priority....... Like the linked audio/video effects for starters..... Fuck you if you dont like my opinion
djmallon 2:08 PM - 8 April, 2011
Henry, YOUR opinion is the entire thread. lulz.
s3kn0tr0n1c 3:44 PM - 8 April, 2011
You shud just sell the 68 if you dont like it....

Then with the money buy a mixer you do like, there are tons out there.

I love the 68, just needs a few small tweaks and its good as gold.
DJWarrenKelly 5:08 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
You shud just sell the 68 if you dont like it....

Then with the money buy a mixer you do like, there are tons out there.

I love the 68, just needs a few small tweaks and its good as gold.

+1 quit ur bitchin already!
Henry GQ 9:55 PM - 8 April, 2011
see if u guys read my post u would see that i didnt ask for any "hating"

and ur right the 68 needs a little tweaking, and that tweaking is the buttons! ahhaha

im not askin u guys to agree with me or the others that dislike the buttons... but just dont disagree in this thread. im trying to do something positive for myself and the people that dislike the buttons

its been a year and i still ... i still feel the same way about these buttons, im just not gonna let it go. i love the mixer. but it needs different buttons. otherwise its a pretty damn good mixer!
J.J. 11:28 PM - 8 April, 2011
PLEASE BRING ON NEW CUE BUTTONS! We don't want to sell our 68. We just want Cue Buttons that work and have a rubber padding.
Henry GQ 12:24 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
PLEASE BRING ON NEW CUE BUTTONS! We don't want to sell our 68. We just want Cue Buttons that work and have a rubber padding.

thank u for those kind words :)
Henry GQ 12:25 AM - 9 April, 2011
now go email ellen!!! JJ
bravo 7:56 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:

+1
Rebelguy 7:42 AM - 13 April, 2011
So what if they did change them but it required you to buy a new 68...then what?

Has anyone tried modding the buttons?
nik39 1:21 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Has anyone tried modding the buttons?

It's almost impossible. HAve you tried opening your 68?
Rebelguy 3:02 PM - 13 April, 2011
I actually just ordered mine last night. Hopefully I.don't have buyers remorse. At least I have 30 days to return if I do.
DJWarrenKelly 3:28 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
I actually just ordered mine last night. Hopefully I.don't have buyers remorse. At least I have 30 days to return if I do.

30 days isn't long enough to really know this mixer...believe me I thought the same thing and I kept mine past the 45 day return policy to learn more about it and glad I did...No mixer is perfect but this one is damn close. Plus I'm sure it will hold its resell value no problem.
Rebelguy 3:59 PM - 13 April, 2011
I purchase for many reasons. First and foremost is sound quality. That I can determine in a few days. From there I try out the main features I need. If it doesn't make the cut on those it gets returned. At this price point there are a few options I can explore and I don't want to invest in something I am not 100% happy with. With what I am paying though I can still probably flip it for a profit if I hold onto it longer.
E-Double 6:48 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:

Oh damn Chris. You took the plunge after all LOL
Rebelguy 7:43 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Oh damn Chris. You took the plunge after all LOL

I got a sweet deal on it. Couldn't pass it up. Plus I think the DJM-900 is delayed for a bit longer.
reggae delgado 10:12 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:

I think you'll enjoy, Chris. I'm interested to hear what you think of it.
Henry GQ 7:06 AM - 14 April, 2011
its pretty bad when theres a rane 68 sitting to the side and eskei is using a 57 with dicers. REALLY!!????

tell me...

Watchwww.youtube.com
nik39 7:57 AM - 14 April, 2011
He prefers a 2 chan battle mixer and knows his 57 in and out - that's it.
DJWarrenKelly 3:57 PM - 14 April, 2011
The 68 is intimiadting to those who don't know this mixer...so If you knew the 57 and not the 68 and you had to perform in front of people...what would you choose? If your smart you choose what you know.
WarpNote 6:50 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
its pretty bad when theres a rane 68 sitting to the side and eskei is using a 57 with dicers. REALLY!!????

tell me...

Watchwww.youtube.com

What is he using the Akai MPD for?
djmallon 7:59 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:

What is he using the Akai MPD for?

Pretty sure he arms a channel for record, and uses it as a drum machine to fire out a beat that continues to play after the bar or so records.
reggae delgado 12:46 AM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
The 68 is intimiadting to those who don't know this mixer...so If you knew the 57 and not the 68 and you had to perform in front of people...what would you choose? If your smart you choose what you know.

yup! I have that experience with a lot of my homies, they love my 68 when we just practice at the house but at shows are a little intimidated by it. We're working through that though.
Henry GQ 3:33 AM - 15 April, 2011
well i just got an email back from ellen @ rane. and it pretty much says were screwed with the buttons. no changes if u currently own a 68. so if ur VERY particular about the buttons like me, u have a 2600 dollar piece of shit.

cool! im happy now

a big thnx to the developers of the 68 that thought this would be a good idea to put shitty ass buttons in a beautiful mixer.

YOU SHOULD BE FIRED! seriously... morons!

probably a bunch of "yes" people
do u like the buttons guys ? "YES!" afraid to speak up.
reminds me of one particular dj in my city.
were workign on a nightclub and the owner will ask him his opinion. and anything the owner says... he agrees to it. fuckin "yes" man

im so fuckin pissed right now.
DJWarrenKelly 4:36 AM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
well i just got an email back from ellen @ rane. and it pretty much says were screwed with the buttons. no changes if u currently own a 68. so if ur VERY particular about the buttons like me, u have a 2600 dollar piece of shit.

cool! im happy now

a big thnx to the developers of the 68 that thought this would be a good idea to put shitty ass buttons in a beautiful mixer.

were workign on a nightclub and the owner will ask him his opinion. and anything the owner says... he agrees to it. fuckin "yes" man

Good ...so lets put this to rest already and sell your 68 and go get your Pioneer and stop your bitchin PLEASE!!!
reggae delgado 4:44 AM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

cool! im happy now

Good ...so lets put this to rest already and sell your 68 and go get your Pioneer and stop your bitchin PLEASE!!!

lol I was gunna say it but didn't want to be the first asshole. Thanks DJWK!
Henry GQ 4:45 AM - 15 April, 2011
yay for warren kelly being the first asshole!
Rebelguy 5:03 AM - 15 April, 2011
They are selling for around 2k used on eBay in good conditions. That's a pretty good resale value.
Henry GQ 5:21 AM - 15 April, 2011
yah it is. im gonna wait till summer to see if any options come out. i just feel like i dont need the inboard effects that the rane 68 offers(imo they are crap.. too busy. most djs need soemthing simple) and im happy with the efx withing the scratch program itself. so its a matter of finding something that has cue buttons close to the crossfader. and it is totally midi capable. so im convinced im gonna sell the 68. its just a matter of time.

sorry i dont travel the world and im nto a super star dj. so need for a mixer with some wack ass buttons.. and small ass efx window. lame
s3kn0tr0n1c 8:31 AM - 15 April, 2011
Best just sell it then henry. With the money you'll be able to buy any of all the other great mixers out there.

I love my 68 so wouldn't dream of selling it.....everyone's different so just buy a different mixer that you are happy with and move on in this dj life......

Ive been through 6 dj mixer in my life, only really liked 3 of them(which i still have). The rest been sold not long after buying them.
ancientyouth 2:15 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

cool! im happy now

Noone held a gun to your head and made you buy this mixer....... Also ,As everyone else, you could have tried the mixer out before you bought it.......
J.J. 3:24 PM - 15 April, 2011
You guys. Henry is not over reacting. The CUE buttons are that BAD!

It's unfortunate that at most shows with the 68, DJ's use the Dicers. Now why is that? Because the hard Cue Buttons that don't always engage are crap.

We love the mixer and all it's capabilities, but the Cue buttons seriously needs to be fixed. RANE has already sent me 4 replace knobs because the white plastic inside the Track Select keeps breaking easily. I am very soft on them and one was broken on arrival.
s3kn0tr0n1c 3:50 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

It's unfortunate that at most shows with the 68, DJ's use the Dicers. Now why is that? Because the hard Cue Buttons that don't always engage are crap.

We love the mixer and all it's capabilities, but the Cue buttons seriously needs to be fixed. RANE has already sent me 4 replace knobs because the white plastic inside the Track Select keeps breaking easily. I am very soft on them and one was broken on arrival.

As you say they dont always engage....i defo think this is either a firmware on 68 or a software within SL bug......so give it time and im sure they will respond ALL the time...

It aint that the button(hardware) isnt making contact, its that the 68 firmware/ SL software aint pickin it up 100%....

When they do work they work fine and you can rattle them as fast as you can...as for now i just use them to get to cue/drop points(but hopefully in future Ill be able to drum on them). Dont think theyll break either as they feel solid.

Just give it time and keep naggin for a bug fix lol...but no need to bitch and spit dummys, all will be good in the end im very sure.
djcrap 4:08 PM - 15 April, 2011
Henry i know it's a hard pill to swallow!....but we all know the truth that Rane is not good with engineering good standard dj satisfactory buttons on their mid mixers..........

proof of this is the ttm57 were we had to use that lubricating oil to get the buttons to work again.....plus unless you had a paper to wedge it between fader metal part and the cup the fader caps on the crossfader would loosely jump off when doing scratches...

so all in all too me with the 68 at least it is some what an improvement in their buttons and fader cups department .........so with time/or on the next mixer things will better
nik39 4:09 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

He is over reacting because it's not something which popped up surprisingly after some time.

I don't like the buttons neither, but it's not a deal breaker for me. If it is for you - then why did you buy the mixer? It's not like the hard buttons will transform into soft buttons after a year of using them. If you don't like them (which I can totally understand) *and* it's a dealbreaker - just don't buy the mixer. Doesn't make sense for me.
nik39 4:09 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
proof of this is the ttm57 were we had to use that lubricating oil to get the buttons to work again

Uhm, the buttons oxidize after some time. No lubrication ;)
djcrap 4:19 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
proof of this is the ttm57 were we had to use that lubricating oil to get the buttons to work again

Uhm, the buttons oxidize after some time. No lubrication ;)

yea that is what i meant oxidize to get the dirt out of them with that Gaig deoxit spray
DJWarrenKelly 4:26 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
yay for warren kelly being the first asshole!

Some people just can't handle the truth!
Sorry you think I'm an asshole...thats your opinion and you know what they say about opinions...their like assholes..everyones got one..guess that makes you an asshole too ;) ..at least I'm not jumping ship because I'm not getting my way. Cry more Mary! Nik39 said it...The mixers buttons were like that from the get go...if you didn't like them...you should have figured that out before the return policy was up...not expect Rane to move mountains for you!
J.J. 4:29 PM - 15 April, 2011
Ellen,

Like Henry G, I am writing to you with concerns on the Rane Sixty-Eight Cue buttons. The high resistance tact switches that are used for the buttons work great except for the larger 5 Cue buttons on both sides. Since I purchased the $2,600 mixer 1 year ago, I have never gotten used to or liked the hard Cue buttons that don’t always engage. On Serato’s forums, end users have said to hit the Cue button in between the center and bottom of the button to improve on them engaging. When I push the button, I can hear it click, but it doesn’t always jump to the Cue point.

Besides the Cue buttons not always working, they are hard and impossible to engage rapidly (cue point juggling). I cannot figure out why Rane chose to go with these hard tact switches for the Cue buttons. I realize the TTM-57SL had switch failure from hours of pressing. But in the DJ profession, there is a reason why companies use rubberized buttons.
• They are durable!
• Like Drum Pads, they feel great and responsive.
• After hours of use, your fingers finger tips don’t hurt.
• They are clear so you can have a backlit LED.

Most MIDI controllers including drum pads, Novation Dicers, Denon (all products), NI Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer DJM-T1, Numark (all products) and even Gemini all use some kind of rubber for buttons that will be used often such as Cue Buttons. It's unfortunate that at most shows with the Rane 68 mixer, DJ's use the Dicers. Now why is that?

Is there any way to make a rubber pad button kit for the Rane Sixty-Eight mixer? I love the mixer and all its capabilities, but the Cue buttons seriously needs to be fixed. The Cue buttons are the mixer’s weakest link. Can you please fix them? RANE has already sent me 4 replace knobs because the white plastic inside the Track Select knobs keeps breaking easily. I am very soft on them and one was broken on arrival.

Customers Request to fix the Cue buttons.
serato.com
serato.com

Rane 68 Mixer Review by djTechTools.com
www.djtechtools.com
“The only downside is the feel of the encoders and buttons, both of which are less than ideal. On the positive side, all buttons found on the 68 are solidly built with high resistance tact switches that should survive a lor of abuse (The TTM-57SL was notorious for switch failure from hours of button presses). The downside is that the buttons are really stiff and un-playable. For basic triggers, it really won’t be a problem at all. However, if you’re the type of DJ that likes to get crazy with cue point juggling, a pair of Dicers would be more appropriate.”

Sincerely,

J.J. Gonzales
www.PowerOnPlay.com
djcrap 4:29 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Uhm, the buttons oxidize after some time. No lubrication No jerk off intended..;)

Fixed

bwahahahahahhahahahahahaha i had to clean out that misquote before m-bezzle could take credit for it
nik39 5:54 PM - 15 April, 2011
He couldn't have done it worse :-P
Rebelguy 6:10 PM - 15 April, 2011
Why do I feel like I may regret purchasing the Sixty Eight?
nik39 7:50 PM - 15 April, 2011
Rebel, didn't you try out the mixer before deciding to buy it?
DJBIGWIZ 8:08 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

dude, there are more people that love this mixer than hate it.
If you don't like it return it... that's what any logical person would do.
Rebelguy 8:20 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

Yup...on a shitty sound system as Guitar Center but it's not like I had a few hours to test it out and see how it would integrate fully into my mix style.
DJBIGWIZ 8:27 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yup...on a shitty sound system as Guitar Center but it's not like I had a few hours to test it out and see how it would integrate fully into my mix style.

ok.... seems like your concern here is the sound quality which has never been a problem with Rane. I'm sure you pressed the buttons and checked them out. It would not take long to know you didn't like them. If you still bought it, you should be fine.
reggae delgado 8:31 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

Cause you're reading a real whiny thread. We all know what's up with the cue buttons, although not all of us have had the problems that some people report.
I know your concern about digital ins without a digital out, which I can understand, but besides that I think you'll be pretty happy. Let us know what you think (on a different thread lol)
nik39 9:20 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
seems like your concern here is the sound quality which has never been a problem with Rane. I'm sure you pressed the buttons and checked them out. It would not take long to know you didn't like them. If you still bought it, you should be fine.

Gotta agree.
J.J. 9:38 PM - 15 April, 2011
If Rane comes out with a rubber button pad kit for the 68, I'm sure all of you will be quick to install it.

But that's never going to happen if you don't speak up. If I hated this mixer, I would have sold it a long time ago. We are trying to help Rane and improve this wonderful product. "The wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the grease."
DJBIGWIZ 10:40 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

"The wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the grease."

Totally agree... if there is a problem, it should be addressed... but there is a BIG difference between constructive criticism and hostile negative shit talking bitching. If I have a list of 5 things to fix and can work on 1 at a time and someone is being a total ass hole toward me about fixing HIS concern and yelling, ordering me to do it and calling me an idiot and disrespecting me right and left etc… guess who's want I'm putting on the bottom of the list. (that's just me though)
Although I think the buttons could be a little better, I don't have a big problem with them... they work fine for me and are no where near a deal breaker.

Some people here really need to learn how to express concerns and talk TO people instead of AT people and show a little respect. Work on your people skills. Have you ever heard the expression "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"?

Henry, you may wanna send a letter to the maker of your laptop ordering them to fix your Caps Lock button. It seems to get annoyingly stuck in the on position quite often.
J.J. 11:30 PM - 15 April, 2011
Wiz, on April 5th, 2010 I asked:
3. What are the Hot Cues buttons made out of?

You said:
3.Unicorn horns

I asked again and you posted this video Watchwww.youtube.com

I was serious because I actually use Hot Cues and I was about to drop $2,600 of my hard earned cash on the 68.

Here we are, a year later and wondering why the Cue buttons are so bad. Just because you sign a non-disclosure agreement with Rane doesn't mean you tell them everything about the mixer is perfect. It was your responsibility to tell them the Cues were no good and to delay the launch. Then again, I don't know what your involvement was on improving there product. I'm thinking software...

Either way, I don't think you get paid for the 68 videos you posted, so Bravo to you in helping us 68 users out.
DJBIGWIZ 1:35 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:

You said:
3.Unicorn horns

I was serious because I actually use Hot Cues and I was about to drop $2,600 of my hard earned cash on the 68.

Here we are, a year later and wondering why the Cue buttons are so bad. Just because you sign a non-disclosure agreement with Rane doesn't mean you tell them everything about the mixer is perfect. It was your responsibility to tell them the Cues were no good and to delay the launch. Then again, I don't know what your involvement was on improving there product. I'm thinking software...

Either way, I don't think you get paid for the 68 videos you posted, so Bravo to you in helping us 68 users out.

Well first of all the unicorn thing was obviously a joke which this forum is full of... I AM allowed to joke just like everyone else right?

As far as me not telling Rane I don't like something... that has NEVER been a problem for me... I had gone toe to toe several times with the engineers over different things. Like I have said before, I don't have any huge problem with or using the cue buttons. I wouldn't mind if they were more like the dicers or others etc… but they are perfectly usable for me. What you and others don't seem to understand is that sometimes when people like myself are involved, by the time we are brought in, it may be too late to change certain things. There were changes made after I was brought in that involved things I didn't like (which I told them) and wether it was due to me or not changed for the better. But I know how to talk to and deal with people and be heard. Also, by the time they bring any one else in, who's to say they have time to delay the launch…. there are SOOO many variables involved that you have no idea about. Also, it's not like they put a bunch of buttons in a hat, close their eyes and pick one. They do research and test things that you and I aren't able to. These guys are not dummies. They have developed technology that has been awarded patents. Not an easy thing to do. So unless you can redesign the crossfader and an EQ system and other things that have been around forever and make them so drastically different and better as to be awarded a patent on them…. you really have no grounds to question them in such a negative way…. if you know how to do it better, then do it. If you don't know how to do it better then why are you speaking on something you don't know? You know you don't like the buttons… fine. Do you know all the material properties of the components in the Sixty-Eight and their tested strength and how every part of the design affects every other part? Do you know the cost that goes into it? Do you know where to go and how to get custom parts built? Can you test all this in a proven scientific way other than pressing it with your finger and saying… I don't like it. It's not good. If not, then how can you say they made such a mistake? They actually know what they are doing and choose what they did for good reasons.... not because they thought it'd be fun to piss you off.

As far as what I get paid for and don't, I try to help out where ever I can weather I'm getting paid or not. I have a good relationship with Rane/Serato but that doesn't mean I blindly agree 100% with everything they do.... If I did, there would be no need for them to involve me in anything. This does not mean that I or anyone else has total control on what they do or how they do it. I am not Rane I don't own Rane I don't have any control over what they do. They listen to and respect my opinion but they doesn't mean they will jump if I say jump.

And I'll say it again... not to diss but to try and help... a little kindness goes a long way. A good way to get people to NOT want to listen to or help you is to yell at them and call them names and be disrespectful. Just because you don't agree with somebody about something doesn't mean you have to be unreasonable and belligerent. There are ways to communicate with people and ways not to. Take that for what it's worth... or not.
Henry GQ 5:01 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You said:
3.Unicorn horns

Well first of all the unicorn thing was obviously a joke which this forum is full of... I AM allowed to joke just like everyone else right?

As far as me not telling Rane I don't like something... that has NEVER been a problem for me... I had gone toe to toe several times with the engineers over different things. Like I have said before, I don't have any huge problem with or using the cue buttons. I wouldn't mind if they were more like the dicers or others etc… but they are perfectly usable for me. What you and others don't seem to understand is that sometimes when people like myself are involved, by the time we are brought in, it may be too late to change certain things. There were changes made after I was brought in that involved things I didn't like (which I told them) and wether it was due to me or not changed for the better. But I know how to talk to and deal with people and be heard. Also, by the time they bring any one else in, who's to say they have time to delay the launch…. there are SOOO many variables involved that you have no idea about. Also, it's not like they put a bunch of buttons in a hat, close their eyes and pick one. They do research and test things that you and I aren't able to. These guys are not dummies. They have developed technology that has been awarded patents. Not an easy thing to do. So unless you can redesign the crossfader and an EQ system and other things that have been around forever and make them so drastically different and better as to be awarded a patent on them…. you really have no grounds to question them in such a negative way…. if you know how to do it better, then do it. If you don't know how to do it better then why are you speaking on something you don't know? You know you don't like the buttons… fine. Do you know all the material properties of the components in the Sixty-Eight and their tested strength and how every part of the design affects every other part? Do you know the cost that goes into it? Do you know where to go and how to get custom parts built? Can you test all this in a proven scientific way other than pressing it with your finger and saying… I don't like it. It's not good. If not, then how can you say they made such a mistake? They actually know what they are doing and choose what they did for good reasons.... not because they thought it'd be fun to piss you off.

As far as what I get paid for and don't, I try to help out where ever I can weather I'm getting paid or not. I have a good relationship with Rane/Serato but that doesn't mean I blindly agree 100% with everything they do.... If I did, there would be no need for them to involve me in anything. This does not mean that I or anyone else has total control on what they do or how they do it. I am not Rane I don't own Rane I don't have any control over what they do. They listen to and respect my opinion but they doesn't mean they will jump if I say jump.

And I'll say it again... not to diss but to try and help... a little kindness goes a long way. A good way to get people to NOT want to listen to or help you is to yell at them and call them names and be disrespectful. Just because you don't agree with somebody about something doesn't mean you have to be unreasonable and belligerent. There are ways to communicate with people and ways not to. Take that for what it's worth... or not.

u might be right. but im not that kind of person. i cant just sit on my hands and pray that Rane hears us because i speak nicely.. fuck that(sorry). i can quote wiz and other rane 68 lovers(and im a 68 lover as well) from different threads about the button issue. but i just DONT care at this point(im out of gas and patience). its obvious nothing can be done to help current rane 68 owners. and wiz i have all the respect for u bro.. ur a dope ass dj(u must be ur in with rane and i seen a few videos)sorry if u have a problem with my caps and such but im just not the kind of person that can be nice, im loud, arrogant and i want it my way.... right now. but one thing i have is a ton of respect for people. and got peoples backs. i will do whatever for anyone i call a friend.

why did i buy the mixer before i tested it out? cuz i live in a city where there is no guitar center or anyone that carries the 68. shit. the 3 bigger cities around my area still dont carry the 68 LOL. so how the hell am i gonna test it ?
i bought the mixer from a rane dealer in my city.. if i dont liek it is he gonna take it back and send back to rane ? i dont think thats possible. who knows. i really dont know. i know theres no way he woudl sit on the mixer and try to sell to someone else.... noone else can afford it.... so theres no way i could test anything out. period.

i wish i could say some of the bigger name djs that told me the buttons were wack, i wish i wish i could! because these guys are huge and they are respected by everyone.they bad mouthed the mixer so bad because of the buttons.

straight up... the mixer is a beast. but the cue buttons suck. im allowed to voice my opinion... period. if anyone doesnt like it.. dont read the thread. pretty simple?

and warren kelly i was only joking about that "asshole thing" i dont think ur an asshole. im the asshole.
Henry GQ 5:09 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

He is over reacting because it's not something which popped up surprisingly after some time.

I don't like the buttons neither, but it's not a deal breaker for me. If it is for you - then why did you buy the mixer? It's not like the hard buttons will transform into soft buttons after a year of using them. If you don't like them (which I can totally understand) *and* it's a dealbreaker - just don't buy the mixer. Doesn't make sense for me.

why am i over reacting? cuz i would think after a year the mixer would work flawlessly. the first 6 months of using the mixer was torture... not knowing if shit would work for you that night or what cuz of wack ass updates. and being ranes little test tube baby on this mixer sucks. fuck yeah im over reacting!
cuz i thought that maybe one day they would do soemthing about the buttons considering the amount of people there "whining" about the buttons.

the way i feel right now. why isnt an official member of rane defending their products in this thread. but a sponsored dj or whatever wiz is speaking on their behalf. no disrespect(just saying)

i would love LOVE love to know whose idea it was to put these stupid ass buttons in the a beautiful mixer. i just wanna know... it kills me
DJBIGWIZ 5:26 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:
u might be right. but im not that kind of person. i cant just sit on my hands and pray that Rane hears us because i speak nicely.. fuck that(sorry).

all good... I was just trying to offer some real advice on a better way for you to be heard and want to be heard... honestly trying to offer you advice that I feel will help you.

Quote:
wiz i have all the respect for u bro.. ur a dope ass dj(u must be ur in with rane and i seen a few videos)sorry if u have a problem with my caps and such but im just not the kind of person that can be nice, im loud, arrogant and i want it my way.... right now.

Again, all good. It was just advice.

Quote:
why did i buy the mixer before i tested it out? cuz i live in a city where there is no guitar center or anyone that carries the 68. shit. the 3 bigger cities around my area still dont carry the 68 LOL. so how the hell am i gonna test it ?

fair enough
Quote:
i bought the mixer from a rane dealer in my city.. if i dont liek it is he gonna take it back and send back to rane ? i dont think thats possible. who knows. i really dont know.

Exactly.... you don't know... you obviously didn't reach out to him and ask him, Rane also has a warranty on the mixer.... did you ever call them to see if you could send it back?
Quote:
i wish i could say some of the bigger name djs that told me the buttons were wack, i wish i wish i could! because these guys are huge and they are respected by everyone.they bad mouthed the mixer so bad because of the buttons.

The kind of person you seem to be, I really doubt that would have stopped you from wanting to check it out for yourself. And that is not a diss... I'm the same way. Everybody has their own opinion. You don't like the mixer but you know there are others that do. Bottom line is everyone really needs to make up their own mind.

Quote:
straight up... the mixer is a beast. but the cue buttons suck. im allowed to voice my opinion... period. if anyone doesnt like it.. dont read the thread. pretty simple?

You are definitely allowed to speak your mind.... I was (again) just trying to offer you some advice on being heard in a better way.
DJBIGWIZ 5:35 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:
the way i feel right now. why isnt an official member of rane defending their products in this thread. but a sponsored dj or whatever wiz is speaking on their behalf. no disrespect(just saying)

Just to clarify, I am not speaking on Rane's behalf.
My views may be in defense of Rane but that is not the intended point of what I say.
I'm not saying anything here for the purpose of defending them... this is just how I honestly feel about it.
My views and opinions are my own. So if anyone has any problem with what I say... then your problem is with me... not Rane or Serato.
nik39 11:50 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:

Another simple point:
This is an open forum. You post your opinion. You better make it reasonable. Voice your opinion in a way that it makes sense. If not - other people will dissect your posts. You don't like it? Don't read the answers. If you want to have a private discussion with the Rane guys - do it. There is not only *your* opinion out there, there is also the opinion of others.

Quote:

So... ist this our fault? Rane's fault? you know the answers. Test your stuff before you buy it.

Quote:
cuz i thought that maybe one day they would do soemthing about the buttons considering the amount of people there "whining" about the buttons.

The buttons are an integral part of the mixer. Do you think Rane will take back all the mixers and replace the buttons? I doubt it. They work. If it ain't your cup of tea (as said I coudl understand that) - you should have not bought it. It's not that Rane promised you something which they could not fullfil.
DJBIGWIZ 5:33 PM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:

The buttons are an integral part of the mixer. Do you think Rane will take back all the mixers and replace the buttons? I doubt it. They work. If it ain't your cup of tea (as said I coudl understand that)

Very good point nik... the buttons WORK.
They my not be what you want them to be but they do work... so why would Rane take them all back... it's not like they don't work so there's a recall on them.
I'm pretty sure though they will be taking all of this into account on future products with buttons in them.
firestitchfilms 4:46 AM - 17 April, 2011
I cannot say it better than wiz. Hundreds of factors incorporated into putting something like the sixty eight together. There is no telling what brought those janky things to the table. My guess is money. Whether someone got paid, or lots of it got "saved".
What about the dude who puts video game buttons on mixers though? I'm not saying to put those buttons on the sixty eight, but we all know mixers can be customized, AND if there's enough people that like you're particular customization, maybe you can make some money off it(i.e. go into production)? The worst thing though, is doing so, would probably void the warranty...? Unless the buttons plug in with pin connectors or something. Maybe you could do a little sneaky swap move without soldering or wire cutting.
I've sent my sixty eight in for repairs(cue button replacement was just one thing repaired). I was super pissed about it. I felt like I bought a bunch of expensive broken parts. However, I got back a fully functional mixer that worked BETTER than out of the box. The buttons work correctly. There is no lag or nonfiring of cues as some people have mentioned. The mixers other functions definitely outweigh those petrified LED chiclets for me.
I just wanted to comment here because I realized when I got my repaired mixer back that the factory wasn't going anywhere above and beyond fixing what was broken. They have you're money already. If anything their partner companies want you to buy more buttons to push in conjuction with all the buttons you already have. Think about it. It's called business. It's hard to sell you things when you already have everything you need, isn't it? You gotta keep them wanting more! :)
If someone ends up fabricating a rubber button kit, holler. Until then I will keep rocking the best mixer I have ever owned.
Rebelguy 6:04 PM - 17 April, 2011
The one thing you gotta admit about Rane is that they stand behind their warranty and their repair turnaround is usually within 24-48 hours. Things go wrong...send it in.
Kenso 6:15 PM - 11 July, 2011
Okay, with this post, Im providing general feedback as related to this thread, not taking sides, making a judgement on the manufacturer, etc.

I popped my cherry on the 68 last Saturday. Never seen one in person before showing up a little late to that club gig, so I didnt get to experiment with it. They were suppose to have someone open for me, but I dont know what happened, I dont care, but they called and asked me to come in early. It was a great night playing videos, killed it.

Nice mixer with cool features! But... the buttons are horrible, and unreliable.
(Gasp!)
Even when making conscious effort to engage/disengage many of the buttons, there were not responsive every time. Plus, this mixer felt like it had some wear & tear on it. Anyway, another "complaint" is the vertical alignment of the cue buttons. Dont get me wrong, cue buttons on a mixer is sweet, but I had to THINK a few times while mixing and cueing...and even messed up once pressing the wrong cue button on an instant. I covered it up, they danced, we went on with our night. I would prefer the cue buttons be aligned horizontally.

Another thing was, when engaging the FX, the output would attenuate down. It was weird, I couldnt use the FX the whole night, good thing I had the FILTER knob - now that's cool. One guy from the club was helping me, and he couldnt figure what was wrong either. Im sure it was something simple, but I didnt have time to play with it.

I liked the Sixty Eight a lot. Very convenient, and loved the headphone features and controls! However, for the price and taking into account those horrid buttons... I dont have the feeling that Im "missing out".

To each his own.
djmallon 8:27 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
Another thing was, when engaging the FX, the output would attenuate down. It was weird, I couldnt use the FX the whole night, good thing I had the FILTER knob - now that's cool. One guy from the club was helping me, and he couldnt figure what was wrong either. Im sure it was something simple, but I didnt have time to play with it.

Happens a bunch...its the flexfx knob on the front by the fader slope knobs. gotta have it up on max.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 11:37 PM - 12 July, 2011
^^true, very common. Turn the grey knob up to the max and break it off. lol, don't really break it off ;)
J.J. 1:25 AM - 13 July, 2011
I sent a nice email to Ellen Allhands. She talked to the CEO Henry about the Cue Button problem (hard, don't always engage etc)

"The desire was to have a rugged, reliable, repairable switch that required small actuation pressure, small actuation travel and a positive feed-back that could not accidently be tripped. To get a positive feel and small travel we had two choices;"
www.poweronplay.com <-- The picture also explains why you have to hit the button towards the bottom.
"Option 1 we could locate the push-point of the switch cap between the fulcrum and switch actuation point. "

They should have chose option #3. Rubber buttons with a center switch with a short push point. Like on NI S4, Denon DJ Equipment, Dicers, or any Drum Pad out there.

He also said the DJ's agreed with them on option #1. So I'm calling you out again DJBIGWIZ. :)
Kenso 1:57 AM - 13 July, 2011
djmallon, Chad S. & J.J.

Good info. Thanks!

Again, I didnt get to experiment with it, but Im sure an effects gain knob comes in handy, but wtf would it be doing on the non-user face of the unit, and better yet, why doesnt it just attenuate the effect, and not the whole channel?

I think turning the knob to max and breaking it off would be solid advice?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 3:55 PM - 13 July, 2011
There is wet/dry knob on top of the mixer below the effects buttons that will turn up or turn down the effect for you. I usually use this to control the effects levels.

Some effects can spike the current level of the audio so having that ultimate effect volume control is handy for the perfectionists.... Which the engineers here are ;) but personally, I set mine to max and haven't touched it since.
DJBIGWIZ 8:23 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
He also said the DJ's agreed with them on option #1. So I'm calling you out again DJBIGWIZ. :)

Well, alrighty then. I'm gonna call out your understanding of grammar and use of context clues.

he said "the DJ's" which is plural not singular... meaning more than one DJ. I (DJ BIG WIZ) am 1 person. (notice there is no apostrophe " s"after "DJ" before my name.

Also, by the time I was brought on board, the buttons were already chosen... BUT they were half the size... like the loop buttons. My input WAS able to at least help get them to a bigger size. Now imagine how much you would hate them if they were still the smaller size... you're welcome.

I didn't love the buttons but I also didn't hate them. I've used better but I can make them work for me and unlike some of the people here I don't have egg shell soft delicate fingertips so using the buttons doesn't hurt my fingers. Rane made what they thought was the best choice from the research they did.

Now, put on this dunce cap and go sit in the corner and think twice before you want to call someone out again.
nik39 9:37 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
I (DJ BIG WIZ) am 1 person. (notice there is no apostrophe " s"after "DJ" before my name.

ROTFL :))
J.J. 3:16 AM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
Well, alrighty then. I'm gonna call out your understanding of grammar and use of context clues.
he said "the DJ's" which is plural not singular... meaning more than one DJ. I (DJ BIG WIZ) am 1 person. (notice there is no apostrophe " s"after "DJ" before my name.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Nope, in the email it specifically said ALL the DJ's who tested the 68 preferred these buttons. So please call me out again on my understanding?
Quote:
Also, by the time I was brought on board, the buttons were already chosen... BUT they were half the size... like the loop buttons. My input WAS able to at least help get them to a bigger size. Now imagine how much you would hate them if they were still the smaller size... you're welcome.

I'm welcome for what? At least the smaller buttons like the loop actually work every-time. Next time Rane needs help from you, stay out of it. All we get from you is that the buttons are make out of Unicorn Horns. :)

I'm just messing around WIZ. Please continue to make 68 videos and help all us DJ's. For the Rane TTM 57SL successor, make sure they put rubber short throttle back-lit buttons for the CUES.
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:24 AM - 19 July, 2011
With RGB leds
Henry GQ 6:55 PM - 30 July, 2011
word
djpuma_gemini 6:06 PM - 16 August, 2011
Split cue?
DJ TURN SIGNAL 6:05 PM - 22 August, 2011
I said the same thng about buttons.
Holden Caulfield 5:53 AM - 23 August, 2011
So Glad To See This Post.

I own a couple sixty Eights, and I'm beyond pissed that in addition to buying a $2600 mixer, I had to buy 3 sets of dicers to cover up the mixer's weak spot.

And The Filters... Ever Use an allen & heath? Now That's How filters work! These things are zero to 60 in 1/8"...I mean come on.

Why do all of us use Dicers with our sixty eights?

Because the buttons were a bonehead move.

Even one of the guys at the Rane Booth In Atlantic City Said he didn't care for the buttons. The DJ That was their "68 Expert" told me that "Yeah, the cue buttons kinda suck"

So who made the decision to use these things?

I'm just adding my name to the list of those who actually paid for this super expensive mixer, only to be disappointed in a few features.

IF I could have returned them without penalty, I would Have.

Rane, For God's sake... you will not find anyone who actually LIKES these buttons. How much would it be to replace them with rubber Novation Style Buttons? This is a $2600 mixer, it's not like there are millions of them out there.

Please do something to make this right.

I'm still pissed a year and change later.
Holden Caulfield 6:29 AM - 23 August, 2011
By the way, aside from that, this mixer is the balls!

my 2 gripes filters & Buttons...

aside from that, I love the mixer, and the fact that every other wannabe with a hard drive full of stolen music, and a $399 laptop can't afford one! ;)

This is how I've made my living and supported my family for over 15 years now. My gear is like my office. I want the nicest of everything to work with, and if there are little quirks, I don't feel bad about complaining a little bit.

Rane made a boo boo on this mixer, and I'd like to see it fixed, along with a zillion other folks.
Res-Q 4:02 PM - 23 August, 2011
I'm pretty sure the filter can be fixed by firmware update
Holden Caulfield 4:18 PM - 28 August, 2011
There is an option for high resonance in the rane 68 configuration panel.. That did in fact fix the filters.. Thanks guys!!
Henry GQ 7:19 PM - 28 August, 2011
ya ?
reggae delgado 5:09 AM - 30 August, 2011
Quote:
There is an option for high resonance in the rane 68 configuration panel.. That did in fact fix the filters.. Thanks guys!!

more please!
damehype 1:58 PM - 27 September, 2011
And you guys want Rane to make a turntable????....... Imagine that!!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:08 PM - 27 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

more please!

Open the Sixty Eight preference panel via the Control Panel (Windows) or System Preferences (Mac).
There you will find an option to use a resonated filter or not.
Try it out!
DJBIGWIZ 7:15 PM - 27 September, 2011
It also allows you to set each channel separately so you can each one on diff channels. This is good to compare the difference.
DJWarrenKelly 10:12 PM - 27 September, 2011
Cool feature..thanks..I had no idea this was even there!
reggae delgado 5:13 AM - 28 September, 2011
Quote:
Cool feature..thanks..I had no idea this was even there!

+1
morningstarr 11:32 PM - 8 October, 2011
Yes i will say i have had many problems with this mixer !! It froze on me during a gig i had to reboot my mixer ,i sent it in paying the 70 dollars for shipping ,not cool,, i get it back still have problems with head phone jack that was support to be fixed,,,and the right number 1 hot cue button for serato never works u have to push so hard the component s are going to break,,This is a serious defect and shouldn't be taken lightly ...i am sending my mixer back in to Rane once again.. But this mixer has been embarrassing to other djs that wont use my mixer for shows because of the i known issues...... I have owned a Rane mp44 for over 10 years and it has been wonderful!! i Expect the same from the Rane 68 ... if i was to try to sell it it would be a financial loss and i am not willing to do that ,So Be honorable Rane and fix what is needed even if its a recall MOTU does it with there products and pays for shipping so should U...
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:36 PM - 11 October, 2011
Quote:
But this mixer has been embarrassing to other djs that wont use my mixer for shows because of the i known issues...... I have owned a Rane mp44 for over 10 years and it has been wonderful!!

After reading your other posts I see that these "known issues" were all software issues other than the number 1 cue button not working as it should and the 1/4" headphone jack.
I can understand why people would be suspect of a new mixer causing such issues but its hard to see the Sixty Eight get thrown under the bus for software related issues.
I can understand your frustration due to the time you've had to spend on getting your setup to work properly. Hopefully you've got everything sorted on the software side of things.
Both of your existing issues will be fixed once you send your unit in.
djpolonyc 7:15 AM - 23 December, 2011
Stop complaining about the cue points I fix it yes I fix it this is so simple I have this mixer the first moth it came out and I feel the same way but now I'm in love again.
I took the mixer apart 2 times and I was scare to do anything to it but the third time I did it.
I took everything apart from the top board , I try 1 cue point first
( the one the I always had problems with.Thinking I don't have anything to loose the button don't work anyway )
I put a drop of oil on it, then I put it back together and the fuckinggggg thing works so good no delayyy at all. The button trigger every time u touch it, you don't have to hit it hard at all, is so amassing believe me ..
Of course after the success of the first button I open it again and I did it to all the button now every thing works on time cue points loops every thing. Try it or wait for the video I'm going to post this week good luck
I hope I get a reward from Rane for this
djpolonyc 7:12 PM - 25 December, 2011
check this video is not a mix I was just putting one song after another to show how the 68 cue button work so perfect now enjoy it
Watchwww.youtube.com
Rebelguy 11:47 PM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:

I hope I get a reward from Rane for this

Your reward is a voided warranty.

JK. Looks great but seriously...you just voided your warranty.
djpolonyc 5:24 AM - 29 December, 2011
Well if I voided the warranty what can I do??? Is too late for that. anyway I have the mixer the first month it came out so the warranty is almost gone.
Hey I hope this work long term, if not I have to pay for my mistakes but at least I try.
I didn't just complain about it. I did something about it.
How many people send there 68 back to the factory for the cue button????
I was one of the first one's to complain about the cue points.
Rane haven't fine the solution for this problem or they know the solution but they are not going to do anything about it because They have to change the front panel board and that cost $$$$$$$$ ok .
Who knows maybe that drop of fader oil will work long term . I hope so if not I'm going to change all 10 button with arcade button
Rebelguy 8:05 PM - 29 December, 2011
The Warranty is 3 years so you still had a year to go.

I hope your solution works. Maybe it will give them an option for the Sixty Eight Users. I am pretty sure that the new mixer they are releasing next month will not have this issue.
nik39 9:16 PM - 29 December, 2011
Where exactly do you drop oil?
Niro 4:14 AM - 30 December, 2011
And do you drop it like it's hot?
djpolonyc 8:51 PM - 2 January, 2012
This is the video,part one and two on how I fix the cue points.
www.youtube.com view
www.youtube.com view
djpolonyc 9:01 PM - 2 January, 2012
Sorry krong link. This is the link
Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
Henry GQ 11:13 PM - 2 January, 2012
wow.
djpolonyc 7:06 AM - 3 January, 2012
Check this video is going to show you how good the cue points are working after a month Watchwww.youtube.com
nik39 10:00 AM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Sorry krong link. This is the link
Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Wow... a lot of work! Thanks for the video!

If this was the ultimate solution I wonder why Rane doesn't do this before they ship the mixer.

Personally I think that applying oil into the switch will affect the switch nagatively in the long term rather than helping. Oil and contacts don't fit well. Deoxidize spray (which shall not leave any residues) is a bit different, but I don't know whether this helps.

Anyway, that "mod" is definitely nothing for the average user. I would not do it on my 2600€ Mixer!
DjBoozie 2:17 AM - 4 January, 2012
I wonder if this would work with the group buttons on the ttm 57.. I know I have the same problem (as many other) with the button on it
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:25 AM - 4 January, 2012
the buttons on the 57 can be fixed with a quick spray of Deoxit D5
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:26 AM - 4 January, 2012
basically the same concept as being demonstrated on the 68 here but the buttons on the 68 are much harder to access.
DjBoozie 2:28 AM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Deoxit D5

Isn't that the same stuff to clean the fader when it gets dirty?
DjBoozie 2:32 AM - 4 January, 2012
www.amazon.com
you talking about this?
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:33 AM - 4 January, 2012
yep, www.google.com

but not the same as the fader lube D100
DjBoozie 2:55 AM - 4 January, 2012
thanks I think Imma gonna get the small can... that should be a lifetime supply
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:11 AM - 4 January, 2012
I love that stuff. Good for fixing noisy pots too, get that krackle out of the bass knob!!!
DjBoozie 3:17 AM - 4 January, 2012
If this solves the problem on the 57 why in the hell has rane informed anyone about this. Or did I miss something?
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:15 AM - 4 January, 2012
yeah, this was discussed at great length a while back. I'm actually really surprised that the same solution for the 68 hasn't come up until now.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:17 AM - 4 January, 2012
Ziggenpuss 8:55 AM - 10 January, 2012
Well, my top left Cue button died Saturday night...
would this oil trick work or is it a send in for a repair job??

I'm in the UK and feel as though it's gonna take ages to get fixed through sending away and I need to use it every weekend...

Any help appreciated... Cheers..
monchi 3:20 AM - 12 January, 2012
So how do we forward this thread to RANE to get the answer for Djpolonycs' video post, too see if the warranty will be voided or too see if this is a correct fix for the CUE buttons, and if so, will RANE be willing to do this as a free service, as a gesture of goodwill to all the owners who purchased the 68?
Thanks
BERTO 6:44 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
So how do we forward this thread to RANE to get the answer for Djpolonycs' video post, too see if the warranty will be voided or too see if this is a correct fix for the CUE buttons, and if so, will RANE be willing to do this as a free service, as a gesture of goodwill to all the owners who purchased the 68?
Thanks

You can do that yourself it doesnt seem difficult at all... No need to ship out ur mixer
As far as if its a permanent fix djpolo seems happy, Rane just needs to say if that voids warranty, but the way i see it if you have 2500 to drop on a mixer you can pay for repairs so u dont need warranty...
Ziggenpuss 7:21 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
but the way i see it if you have 2500 to drop on a mixer you can pay for repairs so u dont need warranty...

Yeah, problem is I saved and sold/swapped over from an A&H Xone4D to get this 68.. I hardly had the money then.. I ain't got repair money now to 'drop'.. Plus with my top left cue button gone to pot, sending it away for repair - it's my workhorse so where am I gonna be if I cant earn every weekend..?? These cue buttons have been dogged from the start.. RANE...??

Can we put MIDI Fighter Arcade Buttons in or rewire some Dicers into it??
Ziggenpuss 7:22 PM - 12 January, 2012
Sorry... missed a bit.. it's a fault and should be addressed as such. It's not just one or two mixers..
Res-Q 8:25 PM - 12 January, 2012
look guys I understand how you feel, but honestly, enough with the rants, if some of your buttons aint working no more, like a few of mine did after a lot of rough usage, and your mixer is still under warranty (as it should considering how recent the 68 is), then just send it in for repair, Rane as the best dj customer service on the planet, so again, send it in, have it fixed and get over it.
I'm abroad in Korea right now, well Rane sent replacement parts to the distributor, I took it in, waited an hour or 2 and since then my 68 response on the cues is even better than when it was new. So again, instead of loosing time and energy complaining here, get in touch with customer service and have your 68 fixed.
What do you do when your car needs something repaired while under warranty? Post on forums?
J.J. 12:08 AM - 13 January, 2012
I ordered Arcade Buttons but there is not enough room underneath. I would pay for someone to manufacture some rubber buttons that would fit in there. The Cue Buttons on the 68 are just horrible.
Idlemind1999 12:45 AM - 13 January, 2012
WHEW! it took a while to go thru most of those posts. First off, I love my 68. I've had the SL1 since they early early days, I've had an MP4 a 57, an MP25 and of course the 68 (not in that order) Support has always been top notch, and the company on a whole has been receptive to the user community (I know a few of my ideas have been incorporated over the years)

Funny, as I was writing this post, JJs came in right above it.

I was going to ask if anyone had inquired about getting some "Novation-like" button inserts to replace the stock ones? Or maybe some crafty soul can make some button "toppers" for those that don't like the feel of the hard cue buttons.

I don't mind the feel of the buttons and they seem to trigger fine for me, but I'm not on them for nearly as long as the 57. After playing with other controller buttons I have to say that I like the feel of the buttons on the Denon 1000, and nearly every Novation controller.

I'm going to look into some button toppers and see if that could be a lo tech way to improve the "feel"
monchi 3:08 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
but the way i see it if you have 2500 to drop on a mixer you can pay for repairs so u dont need warranty...

Well first and foremost I do not own the mixer yet, but the video that Djpoloync posted makes me think that this is the way the mixers CUE buttons should work. And if it did so, I would not hesitate to purchase it. A lot of mula yes, but also a lot of features. Call me ignorant but anyone that drops $2500 on a mixer , of any company better have warranty with it. Especially a mixer with so many lights;).
Now I can not forward it myself because I am not an owner, but if RANE has any type of response to DJpolonyc post, I would surely want to it........
DjBoozie 4:02 PM - 14 January, 2012
So I did this and I will tell you that my Cue button on my 57 are flawless now... Don't wanna wait to send it off and have it sent back. Do this and you won't be sorry
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:50 PM - 16 January, 2012
Hey guys,

Sorry about the late response.

Yes.. opening up the mixer in this way will void your warranty.
If your unit is under warranty and your having issues I would suggest sending it in to us.
Or.. take your chances, try fixing it yourself, and hope that it works.
If it didn't, and we can tell that you went in and messed with it, you would need to pay for the repair regardless of your warranty.
DjBoozie 9:18 PM - 17 January, 2012
So with that being said.. what about the millions of people who have either mixer suppose to do about the malfunction of the button.. Some live myself who live in the states can't or won't pay for the shipping all the way to Rane.. So what are they to do?
Res-Q 9:30 PM - 17 January, 2012
Common bro, I'm in fuckin korea and got my 68 fixed here, didnt cost me ish. Isnt there an official Rane dealer in Chicago?
DjBoozie 9:34 PM - 17 January, 2012
Dude i went in and fixed it myself... couple of squirts of jizz and I was good to go
Res-Q 9:36 PM - 17 January, 2012
hummm maybe i shoulda asked a korean chick to squirt on my 68 then :)
DjBoozie 9:44 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
hummm maybe i shoulda asked a korean chick to squirt on my 68 then :)

5 dollar sucky sucky
DJ Harry Love 6:27 PM - 18 January, 2012
Yes. Cue buttons badly need replacing. One of mine died within the first 3-6 months and they're not the right design for anyone who wants to use them a lot.
Rubberized buttons and maybe a review of the actual trigger contact switches too.
This should really be covered by warrantee as I feel this was a genuine fault of design which was raised in the forum very early on
DJ Harry Love 6:39 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
as ive said in another thread.....

i think its either

1. A SL software bug or

2. A firmware bug on mixer

that buttons(including cue/flex fx) dont respond 100% of the time

When they do respond I have no problem with the feel of them. When the buttons are working I can hit mine as fast as I can and they feel fine.....

So if Rane/Serato sort this bug all will be good and this mixer will be what it was meant to be. DOPE AS FEk

I#ve considered that as I thought that was the cause at first then it got worse so I dont think thats true in my case. It's very similar to my worn out SP1200 pad - when I press and hold the button down it retriggers if i apply quite a lot of pressure and push the button to one side and waggle it - i've had this on numerous buttons on all different machines and i'm pretty sure when the button/contact switch is taken out and checked it will be on its way out.

I could be wrong but pretty sure its crappy buttons
DJ Harry Love 6:55 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
Yes i will say i have had many problems with this mixer !! It froze on me during a gig i had to reboot my mixer ,i sent it in paying the 70 dollars for shipping ,not cool,, i get it back still have problems with head phone jack that was support to be fixed,,,and the right number 1 hot cue button for serato never works u have to push so hard the component s are going to break,,This is a serious defect and shouldn't be taken lightly ...i am sending my mixer back in to Rane once again.. But this mixer has been embarrassing to other djs that wont use my mixer for shows because of the i known issues...... I have owned a Rane mp44 for over 10 years and it has been wonderful!! i Expect the same from the Rane 68 ... if i was to try to sell it it would be a financial loss and i am not willing to do that ,So Be honorable Rane and fix what is needed even if its a recall MOTU does it with there products and pays for shipping so should U...

Sounds like we have had exactly the same experience. Right Cue 1 button f**ked and the headphone jacks gone bad and yes, the fact that I cant really afford to sell it because the loss will be too great.

Rane / Serato ..... come on guys, talk to us..... are you going to put all your effort into the new product and expect us guys who bought the 68 to take the loss? The fact that Traktor allows other interfaces to be used when serato doesnt, surely poses enough of a business threat to be a bit of a wake up call.

I haven't lost loyalty to Serato yet, but being that support feels like a bit of a struggle and having to be spoken to in some cases with a condescending tone isn#t going to bode well for those realising that many of the unfulfilled requests have been implemented by Traktor. I'm gonna sound like I'm being harsh but sort it out Serato, there are too many lessons to be learned by Digidesign's sluggish uptake and slightly arrogant attitude to it's non-famous customer base
nik39 1:20 AM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
The fact that Traktor allows other interfaces to be used when serato doesnt, surely poses enough of a business threat to be a bit of a wake up call.

Don't mix up things!

Fact is that Traktor Scratch (with vinyl/CD control) does not work with any soundcard.
DJ Harry Love 8:53 AM - 19 January, 2012
This is the kind of smart ass attitude I'm talking about. Rather than being pedantic and picking some minor detail i think it's probably worth paying attention to the issues at hand here which is the shoddy patronising attitude and foot dragging we have to put up with as customers who need support.
I'll reduce it to a statement you can't pick holes in: TRAKTOR WORKS WITH THE 68
Who said ANY? I didnt.
I said, as you quoted, "The fact that Traktor allows other interfaces to be used when serato doesnt, surely poses enough of a business threat to be a bit of a wake up call."
OTHER interfaces not ALL. I'm getting real tired of this kinda thing because people will sooner type some smart reply without any constructive or USEFUL information to back it up.
cheers mate
DJ Harry Love 8:54 AM - 19 January, 2012
oh and well done on the tech mate status. i see you're putting it to good use
nik39 9:22 AM - 19 January, 2012
Dude... don't get your panties in a bunch. If you're trying to make a point.. try to make a valid point.

You are talking about scratch live. Scratch live is a DVS. DVS means external control via vinyl (or CDs). If you compare scratch love to something else... why would you compare it to traktor and not traktor scratch? You are comparing apples and oranges.
DJ Harry Love 10:55 AM - 19 January, 2012
Panties in a bunch? You certainly know how to drive the customers away don't you. Here's a valid point; the support isn't especially supportive and the build quality on a £2000+ mixer is crap. Thhe parts need replacing BEFORE shipping not after the customer has paid out the price of a small car or deposit on an apartment.
The valid point is replace those shitty buttons and stop distracting yourself with minor details when there's work to be done in your department.
I've been a serato customer and advocate for the last 7 years but am beginning to feel very undervalued.
nik39 11:11 AM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
You certainly know how to drive the customers away don't you.

"The customers"? I am a regular customer, just like you.

Quote:
Here's a valid point; the support isn't especially supportive and the build quality on a £2000+ mixer is crap. Thhe parts need replacing BEFORE shipping not after the customer has paid out the price of a small car or deposit on an apartment.

So what does that have to do with Traktor and not Traktor?

Quote:
The valid point is replace those shitty buttons and stop distracting yourself with minor details when there's work to be done in your department.

In "my" department? What the heck are you talking about? I am neither a Rane nor a Serato employee.

Again you are severely mixing up things.
XRM5 8:35 PM - 19 January, 2012
The 62 has new-style buttons.

Don't know what that means for the 68.
monchi 9:43 PM - 19 January, 2012
Again I do not own the 68, but the buttons should of worked exactly just the way they are working on the 62 or like Djpoloyncs' video post. Why did Rane now change it? Where does it leave the people who paid that much money for it?
XRM5 9:50 PM - 19 January, 2012
The same place they always knew they'd wind up.
monchi 9:53 PM - 19 January, 2012
Watchwww.youtube.com

See what I mean, how the button is bareley tapped, instead of jamming the CUE buttons down.I know some here have told others to stop complaining about the issue and work out them fingaz!!!!! but just saying.................... RANE!!!!!!!!!
djstancho 5:56 PM - 23 January, 2012
After a year I still feel the same way about the Rane made a bad choice with the cue buttons. PLEASE help me and others with having the choice to do something about this serious issue!!
Academic Aristocrat 8:38 PM - 23 January, 2012
Where is DJ Tony Little when we need him the most?
djstancho 2:08 PM - 2 February, 2012
FINALY ....DJ POLO NYC ...GOTTA BE A PRESIDENT OF RANE CORPORATION!!!
Henry GQ 8:15 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:

you know their help is? buy a Rane 62 lol
DJWarrenKelly 3:10 PM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

you know their help is? buy a Rane 62 lol

+1
Basically …Yes!
prizo 4:25 PM - 8 February, 2012
had similiar problems with numark ns6. Their solution was to use the platter instead of cueing with the buttons. Pretty much expected with numark at this point, but rane?? Its definitely still a brave new world out, think I might go back to my trusty technics.
DJWarrenKelly 5:15 PM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:
had similiar problems with numark ns6. Their solution was to use the platter instead of cueing with the buttons. Pretty much expected with numark at this point, but rane?? Its definitely still a brave new world out, think I might go back to my trusty technics.

+1 on the Tech's…can't go wrong there! ;)
DJ TURN SIGNAL 3:55 PM - 26 April, 2012
Ellen,

If you were a car manufacturer the 68 would of been recalled. The buttons are so poor in response that they are not even cue buttons, more like fancy lights on the side of your mixer that work when they want too. If nothing is done like exchanging the mixer for a 62 or 61 then its clear we should all go to the BBB and explain why this is happening.
DJWarrenKelly 2:41 PM - 27 April, 2012
Quote:
Ellen,

If you were a car manufacturer the 68 would of been recalled. The buttons are so poor in response that they are not even cue buttons, more like fancy lights on the side of your mixer that work when they want too. If nothing is done like exchanging the mixer for a 62 or 61 then its clear we should all go to the BBB and explain why this is happening.

Yea more and more..I'm starting to feel like we were the test subjects for the new 62 and 61…Even when I went to NAMM 2012 in LA…I talked to the Rane guys and they basically said we just need to BUY a 62…because they weren't going to do anything different to the 68 or replace or upgrade anything for us people who already bought the 68…in other words ..we're screwed….Not even sure I can sell it and get a decent amount of money for it…since I paid full retail for it before it was even released. I've officially been burned…I'm not putting my hand back in the fire…sorry Rane! Back to Pioneer I guess :/
dj shadow from detroit 7:25 PM - 27 April, 2012
i should have waited to purchase the 61 . smh fader issues all over the place with alot of people. firmware will fix it but when??
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:21 PM - 27 April, 2012
The firmware will be in the next version of SSL which should be going to Public Beta soon.
You-Lee 9:34 PM - 27 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Ellen,

Yea more and more..I'm starting to feel like we were the test subjects for the new 62 and 61…Even when I went to NAMM 2012 in LA…I talked to the Rane guys and they basically said we just need to BUY a 62…because they weren't going to do anything different to the 68 or replace or upgrade anything for us people who already bought the 68…in other words ..we're screwed….Not even sure I can sell it and get a decent amount of money for it…since I paid full retail for it before it was even released. I've officially been burned…I'm not putting my hand back in the fire…sorry Rane! Back to Pioneer I guess :/

Hmmmmmm no answer from anyone I. Rane about this on going issue?
You-Lee 10:11 PM - 27 April, 2012
68 OWNERS UNITE!!!!

Now that the 62 is here and they obviously have the better cue buttons than the 68:

Why can't you "Rane"make a replacement kit for the 68 with the same buttons as the 62? 

This is not fair for all the people who paid almost $3k for a mixer that the buttons at the end of the day suck. You "Rane" made it obvious that the buttons are worse when you released the 62.

I don't have a problem sending my mixer for this replacement kit for the same buttons as the 62. 68 owners should only have to pay shipping. People in Africa know Rane will not do this for free. I have no problem paying maybe $50-$100 dollars just so Rane doesn't feel they are doing this for free... even though it SHOULD be free. Rane are the ones who conceded that these cue buttons on the 68 are terrible ... they didn't us them on the 62 

No one likes them including you "Rane"

68 OWNERS UNITE!!!!

Let's see if they "RANE" answer this....

STOP THE RAIN THAT HAS BEEN SHOWERED DOWN TO ALL OF US 68 OWNERS BY RANE
DJWarrenKelly 10:18 PM - 27 April, 2012
Quote:
68 OWNERS UNITE!!!!

Now that the 62 is here and they obviously have the better cue buttons than the 68:

Why can't you "Rane"make a replacement kit for the 68 with the same buttons as the 62?&nbsp;

This is not fair for all the people who paid almost $3k for a mixer that the buttons at the end of the day suck. You "Rane" made it obvious that the buttons are worse when you released the 62.

I don't have a problem sending my mixer for this replacement kit for the same buttons as the 62. 68 owners should only have to pay shipping. People in Africa know Rane will not do this for free. I have no problem paying maybe $50-$100 dollars just so Rane doesn't feel they are doing this for free... even though it SHOULD be free. Rane are the ones who conceded that these cue buttons on the 68 are terrible ... they didn't us them on the 62&nbsp;

No one likes them including you "Rane"

68 OWNERS UNITE!!!!

Let's see if they "RANE" answer this....

STOP THE RAIN THAT HAS BEEN SHOWERED DOWN TO ALL OF US 68 OWNERS BY RANE

WORD! I'd totally send mine in for this…and never let go of my 68!
Come on Rane…BUCK UP!!!!
HittinSkinzTa2 10:22 PM - 27 April, 2012
Stop the rain, Rane.
Henry GQ 7:45 PM - 28 April, 2012
ya im pissed cuz everyone i talked to is like.. the buttons on the 62 are better. im glad rane decided to NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. pretty fuckin said if u ask me!
Henry GQ 7:46 PM - 28 April, 2012
i would gladly exchange my 68 for a 62 straight up..
You-Lee 8:06 PM - 28 April, 2012
Quote:
i would gladly exchange my 68 for a 62 straight up..

That sounds good but now one would do that. If only
You-Lee 8:14 PM - 28 April, 2012
Quote:
ya im pissed cuz everyone i talked to is like.. the buttons on the 62 are better. im glad rane decided to NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. pretty fuckin said if u ask me!

It's is sad that Rane doesn't , didn't and probably will not do anything about the 68 cue buttons. Because like every other company they are only really concerned with money not their customers. Thank you very much Rane
Henry GQ 4:54 AM - 29 April, 2012
Watchwww.youtube.com

I would love to do something like this.. but guess WHAT!?!?

i cant.. cuz the cue buttons SUCK ASS.. and im stuck with this mixer till i see what the buttons on the 62 feel like.

but i just want to say 'thank you" not really.. but thnx for slowing down my creativity when im in the club. appreciate it!!
J.J. 6:55 AM - 29 April, 2012
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

I would love to do something like this.. but guess WHAT!?!?

i cant.. cuz the cue buttons SUCK ASS.. and im stuck with this mixer till i see what the buttons on the 62 feel like.

but i just want to say 'thank you" not really.. but thnx for slowing down my creativity when im in the club. appreciate it!!

That video of Skrillex is one of the craziest things I've ever scene.

The buttons on the 62 slaughter the 68. I feel like all of us 68 owners were BETA testers.

RANE, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BUTTONS ON THE SIXTY-EIGHT.
nerdy by nature 4:56 PM - 2 May, 2012
Anyone got some feedback from rane? Is it affirmative from them that the they won't do anything about it?
Rane
TrevorW 5:30 PM - 2 May, 2012
Thank you everyone for your feedback. We have listened very carefully, and your feedback has gone into the redesign of our buttons and that new button design is featured on the Rane Sixty-Two and Rane Sixty-One.

Unfortunately, the new button design is completely different from the buttons on the Sixty-Eight. The components, dimensions, and functional design are all different making it impossible to just swap the buttons. Putting the new buttons on the Sixty-Eight would require a complete redesign of the top printed circuit board and metal face plate.

Hopefully you understand why it is not possible for us to just have users send in existing mixers and get new buttons installed.
You-Lee 5:46 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
Thank you everyone for your feedback. We have listened very carefully, and your feedback has gone into the redesign of our buttons and that new button design is featured on the Rane Sixty-Two and Rane Sixty-One.

Unfortunately, the new button design is completely different from the buttons on the Sixty-Eight. The components, dimensions, and functional design are all different making it impossible to just swap the buttons. Putting the new buttons on the Sixty-Eight would require a complete redesign of the top printed circuit board and metal face plate.

Hopefully you understand why it is not possible for us to just have users send in existing mixers and get new buttons installed.

Trevor i understand that, but at the same time. It's been 2 years and you have not come up with a solution for the 68 buttons. So basically you have read all the compaints and found no way to resolve the 68 cue buttons that Rane just FU to all the people who bought the 68
Rane
TrevorW 6:06 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
Trevor i understand that, but at the same time. It's been 2 years and you have not come up with a solution for the 68 buttons. So basically you have read all the compaints and found no way to resolve the 68 cue buttons that Rane just FU to all the people who bought the 68

We understand that some users do not like the tactile feel of the Sixty-Eight buttons. Although the feel ended up being less than desirable, the functionality of the buttons is solid and met the design requirements at that time. The primary design requirement for those buttons was longevity and durability. They do not break. If the buttons were not functional, we would fix them for you free of charge.

In every industry, product design is a progressive process. Sometimes you hit home runs, sometimes you don't. Smart product design is reflective, and learns from what has been done before while at the same time innovating for the future. In those two years after the release of the Sixty-Eight, we listened, and we learned, and we went back to the drawing board on our button design and created new, faster, more responsive, and durable buttons with shorter travel times that are now featured on our new mixers. Honestly, if we could just swap out the old buttons with new buttons we would, but like I said before, it is physically impossible.
You-Lee 6:39 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

We understand that some users do not like the tactile feel of the Sixty-Eight buttons. Although the feel ended up being less than desirable, the functionality of the buttons is solid and met the design requirements at that time. The primary design requirement for those buttons was longevity and durability. They do not break. If the buttons were not functional, we would fix them for you free of charge.

In every industry, product design is a progressive process. Sometimes you hit home runs, sometimes you don't. Smart product design is reflective, and learns from what has been done before while at the same time innovating for the future. In those two years after the release of the Sixty-Eight, we listened, and we learned, and we went back to the drawing board on our button design and created new, faster, more responsive, and durable buttons with shorter travel times that are now featured on our new mixers. Honestly, if we could just swap out the old buttons with new buttons we would, but like I said before, it is physically impossible.

I got that about you can't use the same buttons on the 62. But again read your last message. You went back to the drawing board. Witch means you "Rane" know that the 68 buttons are not all those things you said the 62 buttons have. By going bk to the drawing board shows that you know the buttons on the 68 were not productive at all. For almost 3k that people have spent on the 68 and all this time passed. RANE still can't satisfy the 68 owners finding a solution for the 68 buttons. People have been complaining since the 68 was released. This is not fair and you "RANE" know this and obviously dont care now that you "RANE" got your money
DJWarrenKelly 7:07 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got that about you can't use the same buttons on the 62. But again read your last message. You went back to the drawing board. Witch means you "Rane" know that the 68 buttons are not all those things you said the 62 buttons have. By going bk to the drawing board shows that you know the buttons on the 68 were not productive at all. For almost 3k that people have spent on the 68 and all this time passed. RANE still can't satisfy the 68 owners finding a solution for the 68 buttons. People have been complaining since the 68 was released. This is not fair and you "RANE" know this and obviously dont care now that you "RANE" got your money

You could even offer us 68 buyers a discount of $1000 on a new Rane mixer….anything other than .."Sorry…can't do anything for you" and I bet your still selling 68's today that will have more people wishing they had bought something else. Not good! I will never buy another Rane product and I will also warn people about this situation when they are thinking of purchasing your products in the future. Goodbye Rane!
nerdy by nature 7:14 PM - 2 May, 2012
Does the buttons on the 62 are all differents or just the cue?
nerdy by nature 7:17 PM - 2 May, 2012
novation dicer are pretty cheap (less than $100) i'm sure Rane has the expertise to find a solution for us, but they probably don't care.. Sad
Rane
TrevorW 7:34 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
Goodbye Rane!

Sorry to hear it. Thank you for your contributions.
You-Lee 9:40 PM - 2 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Goodbye Rane!

Sorry to hear it. Thank you for your contributions.

Thats it Trevor? Your sorry to hear it and thank you for the contributions. Thats the best answer you can give? That's ridiculous answer. So nothing is going to done? Wow! Yeah you "RANE" suck!!! Your answers are unexceptible and totally inconsiderate to your customers. So basically "RANE" is saying FU 68 owners. We "RANE" got your money and don't really care about you the customers. Because after all this time you have done absolutely nothing an by your foolish answer you "RANE" are not going to do anything..
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:22 PM - 2 May, 2012
Smh at this thread.
The Version Suicides 1:09 AM - 3 May, 2012
Quote:
Smh at this thread.

Agreed.

+1
Henry GQ 7:40 AM - 3 May, 2012
yeah this sucks. i think the 68 owner should receive a mail in rebate when they buy the 62 for at least $500 bucks. the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i mainly bought the rane 68 for the cue buttons. not the efx. not the 4 channels. mainly for the cue buttons!!!! check the back log.. u will see i have always said this!!!

and i could have never imagined that i would end up hating these buttons soooo MUCH!

shaking my head in disgust
YZ 5:17 PM - 3 May, 2012
Feel like I'm at a HOA meeting ha.
DJ Super Mario 10:05 PM - 11 July, 2012
Wow! Some people really sound childish in this thread! There's some 68 owners in here that act like Rane has a track record for screwing over their customers, when in fact it's complete opposite. If anything, Rane/Serato has always had the best customer support of ANY company I've ever dealt with.

Consumer electronics companies on EVERY level will have a product or two that aren't going to please everyone from a standpoint of functionality. The best the company can do in those situations is take the feedback given and improve in the next release, which Rane is doing? The 68 isn't the mixer many thought... and it is for others. That's the way it operates in the consumer world. When Ford came out with the Mustang II, many people bought one and then hated it later, but I'm sure didn't go back to Ford demanding they get a Boss 429 or it's "Goodbye Ford"...

The way I see it is that if you buy something blindly without testing it first and then don't like it, you have no weight in arguing you are owed something. If the mixer was a complete lemon, I can see that, but in this case from what I hear from many people is that it's still an amazing mixer, sans the cue buttons. In my opinion that doesn't warrant some of the ridiculous comments in this thread.

Of course that's my opinion...
You-Lee 10:35 PM - 11 July, 2012
Quote:
Wow! Some people really sound childish in this thread! There's some 68 owners in here that act like Rane has a track record for screwing over their customers, when in fact it's complete opposite. If anything, Rane/Serato has always had the best customer support of ANY company I've ever dealt with.

Consumer electronics companies on EVERY level will have a product or two that aren't going to please everyone from a standpoint of functionality. The best the company can do in those situations is take the feedback given and improve in the next release, which Rane is doing? The 68 isn't the mixer many thought... and it is for others. That's the way it operates in the consumer world. When Ford came out with the Mustang II, many people bought one and then hated it later, but I'm sure didn't go back to Ford demanding they get a Boss 429 or it's "Goodbye Ford"...

The way I see it is that if you buy something blindly without testing it first and then don't like it, you have no weight in arguing you are owed something. If the mixer was a complete lemon, I can see that, but in this case from what I hear from many people is that it's still an amazing mixer, sans the cue buttons. In my opinion that doesn't warrant some of the ridiculous comments in this thread.

Of course that's my opinion...

No child spends almost 3k on a mixer. That would be the parents. 68 owners have all the right in the world to complain. Just the same you have your opinion. You may feel how you feel & that's special. If your happy with what you have then why are you on this thread?
DJ Super Mario 10:47 PM - 11 July, 2012
Your response is case in point...

I never said children were buying mixers... I stated that some of the posts sound childish. I also never stated they didn't have the right to complain. But some of the demands are ridiculous in nature. Asking for a $1000 discount on a 62 just because you own a 68 is not feasible or realistic. Pioneer has put out products that don't live up to the hype. Just like Sony, Chevy, and Microsoft. Let the buyer beware... try before you buy. Not satisfied... sell the item and get another you like better. I know I have done this in the past or straight up taken the loss and moved on. It's a risk.

But to say Rane is shit just because one of their products didn't meet your expectations doesn't really hold water, when they have a proven track record for quality products and superior customer service.

So why am I on this thread you ask? Just as you stated, I have my opinion, it's special, and I wish to share it. Don't like what I post? You don't have to... but don't tell me I'm not entitled to my opinion, just like you're entitled to yours... I'm merely sharing my viewpoint which is my right on an open forum as long as I keep it civil and on track with the theme of the discussion. There's two sides to this story and this is the side I'm on.
You-Lee 11:45 PM - 11 July, 2012
You just stated that I said your entitled to your opinion, you are. I see you have time on your hands to write all of that. What I'm saying is if your happy. Why are YOU telling other people how or what they are complaining about? There many age groups on this forum. Maybe some of the younger people here don't know how to express them selves to your liking. Maybe even the older ones as well, but so what. Everyone is different.
DJ Super Mario 4:25 AM - 12 July, 2012
My only statement was that some of the arguments on the thread in my views are unreasonable demands, and accusing Rane of not caring about their customers is also a reckless and false statement. They are known for their superb customer service.

Don't go assuming anything about me and my intentions regarding my posts. Don't read into them more than what I've stated. I feel my posts are pretty direct and have no hidden meaning behind them or ulterior motive. Just posting my observations.
You-Lee 4:57 AM - 12 July, 2012
It's about the mainly cue buttons are terrible. Rane knows this and can but won't do anything about it. That's not fair for the price of the mixer. At least on this thread. I don't deep into all the some of the nonsense I read.

My point is you can't control what people are going to say or do on this forum. So what...

So what if they have a new product. Again the 68 is not cheap. I know all about Rane customer service. Yeah they are very good. So ask them what happened to the so called great customer service for the people who paid abt $3000. They cant figure out a solution for the buttons in all this time. Really? They don't want to. Big difference.

The midimapping issue is on another thread. Power button in a bad place. Duh. There's more but whatever. At least fix the cue buttons. Rane said let 68 owners buy Dicers. Really? Rane should of at least paid for Dicers for all the 68 owners. At least...

At the end of the day Rane & Serato are F'd up for leaving the 68 owners hanging.
Look how quick they are fixing there cue button issue with some of the 61-62 mixers. It's not fair and bad business.

That's the bottom line
BERTO 6:14 PM - 16 July, 2012
I dont like my civic, i raced a ferrari and lost, it was si model i contacted honda and they are sending me a 50,000 dollar discount on my ferarri purchase :), you cant ask for money off another product bc ur unhappy people, the buttons suck fine, they stated buttons were designed for longevity, and yea the 68 nowhas a bad rep, but you cant base a whole company on one bad product, sell that shit and but a different mixer...and read up on ur purchases, we now know the 62 had button failure and was fixed on later batches, so as a customer you have to check serial numbers with rane to see if ur mixer is in later fixed batch or not, otherwise buttons break and ur angry again.....right?
WarpNote 6:01 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
I dont like my civic, i raced a ferrari and lost
Enough with the car analogies, no one is talking about switching out mixer brands.
And the 68 is a high-end priced product, so its fair to expect high-end quality throughout.

Quote:
they stated buttons were designed for longevity
Well, that´s one of the biggest problems. I think we clearly can see that the 68 buttons are not as robust as intended. It´s not uncommon for hardware manufacturers (car manufacturers included) to do product callbacks if major problems are found. This is a major problem IMO.

Even though the mp25/mp26 might share the same button design, I think its safe to say that Rane won`t ever put another product using this button design. Some might say: well thats just natural product evolution. However, any 68 client with this issue, and they´re quite a few, will tell you it is a design failure.

Gonna audition the 62 later this week, I still love my 68, but I got to think for the future, worried that my 68 cues will break again (they already did once.) And shipping a mixer scandinavia>usa>scandinavia for repairs ain´t cheap, or quick/convenient.
XRM5 3:42 PM - 17 July, 2012
A DJ shop manager told me a couple of months ago that the Rane rep he talks to considered the 68 a big disappointment, and that once they were finally all sold through you wouldn't see Rane trying a mixer like it again.

That's obviously hearsay, but it's just another thing adding to this idea that the 68 is Rane's Edsel.
Henry GQ 7:44 PM - 17 July, 2012
i think everyone said what needed to be said. the rane 68 was a let down, the designers failed.

we spent our hard earned money and now regret it... to a certain degree.
YZ 7:14 PM - 18 July, 2012
Mad.
Dj-Pyro 12:17 AM - 26 July, 2012
Rane does excel at customer service, but I get the feeling that this mixer is their red-headed stepchild. I bought this mixer for my club knowing about the button issue. The buttons do work...if you press on the right part of the button. I've already missed a lot of cue taps and this mixer is new out of the box. I really feel they should do more for the 68 owners to resolve this issue. I just found out how much some people don't like this mixer.

I booked a guest dj and their rider had a 57 or djm 800. I thought, ok, no big deal. I'll just tell them we have a new 68 and there won't be a problem since it's from Rane. Sent the manager an email and they emailed me "For the mixer, if you could bring your 57 that would be preferable. There's too many problems w the 68 and we would rather not chance it". Bums me out cuz I really do like the mixer, just which they would have bite the bullet at release and made button changes after feedback. This is hurting their reputation. I'm not sure if they really realize this.
You-Lee 12:29 AM - 26 July, 2012
Quote:
Rane does excel at customer service, but I get the feeling that this mixer is their red-headed stepchild. I bought this mixer for my club knowing about the button issue. The buttons do work...if you press on the right part of the button. I've already missed a lot of cue taps and this mixer is new out of the box. I really feel they should do more for the 68 owners to resolve this issue. I just found out how much some people don't like this mixer.

I booked a guest dj and their rider had a 57 or djm 800. I thought, ok, no big deal. I'll just tell them we have a new 68 and there won't be a problem since it's from Rane. Sent the manager an email and they emailed me "For the mixer, if you could bring your 57 that would be preferable. There's too many problems w the 68 and we would rather not chance it". Bums me out cuz I really do like the mixer, just which they would have bite the bullet at release and made button changes after feedback. This is hurting their reputation. I'm not sure if they really realize this.

Exactly.
ancientyouth 3:17 PM - 30 July, 2012
Sending in my 68 to get the cue buttons fixed for the 3rd time.....
the smooth operator 9:04 PM - 8 September, 2012
my cue buttons were giving me major problems at a gig last night. the first cue button on the right side sunk into the mixer and was triggered by almost any button or fader on the mixer. if a loop was engaged after i pressed the button to disengage it the cue button would engage itself really making me look like i didn't know what I was doing. The last quote before this was ancientyouth saying how its his 3rd time sending his in. I don't want this to happen again. I realize that equipment fails but I have had this mixer for about 9 months. I have never transported it without the case from Rane and when I'm out with it I pay more attention to it than my macbook pro. Would some one be able to respond officially to this. I am wondering if in the future it would be possible to put in more reliable cue buttons. I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for this because i love everything else about your mixer. (Except the midi support while Serato is open). Without the loops and cues it is still an amazing mixer but the price should also be reflected in reliability in my opinion.
funkyfresh2012 3:30 PM - 10 September, 2012
Its covered under warranty. Hit up the customer service and they will take care of you.
the smooth operator 5:10 PM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
Its covered under warranty. Hit up the customer service and they will take care of you.

Thank you I did realize that. The issue ancientyouth said he is sending his in for the 3rd time. I love what this mixer can do and went hungry to get it. I would need it tonight, tomorrow, Thursday and Saturday. My friend bought the 62 and his buttons gave out way before I did and I had my 68 6 months before he got his 62. There is a video on youtube with someone taking it apart and adding some sort of lubricant to the mixer. I do not want to do this myself and void my warranty. It made me think the way it looked internally that these buttons would not be hard for Rane to modify. My 1st cue button on the left side sunk in and was feeling like the buttons on the 62. Then it started triggering when I was controlling other midi functions. It really made me look stupid. Before I got this mixer I was using an APC40 to control cue points, loops, effects and I would use the cross fader for mixing the videos. Having these controls on the mixer is 100 times better except on the apc40 they never glitched and the response on the cues was 100%. I've had my apc a year longer than the mixer and everything is still 100% responsive. The softer rubber buttons might have something to do with the longevity of the life. I imagine there is less shock from the initial push. I know it is not a good comparison as the APC is only a midi controller, but I would pay to have my buttons replaced with something a little softer that was more responsive and reliable. I wouldn't complain or post in this forum if that were an option and I could keep my warranty.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:21 PM - 21 September, 2012
Hey Smooth,

Send your mixer in and the repair department will make some minor modifications to the unit (adding some washers between the main board and top cover so the board won't flex which would cause the switches to not be aligned properly as well as lube all switches).

I have been using the 68 ever since it came out and have never needed to get anything repaired or replaced. Continue to transport your unit in a case and you shouldn't need to send it in again for a long time.
the smooth operator 7:49 PM - 24 September, 2012
Thanks a lot Zach for responding I will be sending my mixer in next week. This mixer has really spoiled me got a couple gigs and I don't want to use anything else. Why go back to a Pontiac after a Cadillac??? I know its not the topic of this forum but i have been curious of mixemergency vs serato video. I own both but serato video has crashed on me more than once while practicing so i have never used it for a gig. After the petition of making mixemergency work with serato 2.4 I was wondering if it will ever be possible to have the 68 fully midi capable with an outside program like mixemergency. I have heard how serato slaves the 68 making it exclusive only to serato but why does the ableton bridge let you midi map the 68? I would rather have the video controls on the mixer. I am not sure why my mac is glitching in serato video i have a macbook pro 2.4 ghz intel core i7 with 4 gigs of memorey and keep 150 gigs free.
DJ Chris Craze 2:16 AM - 25 September, 2012
I'm glad I sent the two I bought when came out back. Those
Henry GQ 7:52 PM - 25 September, 2012
?
J.J. 7:57 AM - 12 October, 2012
Zach. I just used my 68 and the Left Cue 3 worked 1 out of 20 times. The Right Cue 2 and Cue 4 doesn't work. The thing is bran new, never used for 1 gig and signed by DJ Jazzy Jeff. I still have the original box. www.facebook.com
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:50 PM - 12 October, 2012
Hey J.J.,

Bummer:(
My guess this is one of the original ones.
Contact us and we'll get your unit in for service.
425-355-6000.
J.J. 11:57 PM - 12 October, 2012
Thanks Zach. I will call Monday morning. Earphone jacks are also loose.
erange 4:17 AM - 1 November, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if you guys are beating the $hit out of the cue buttons.
I've had a 68 since it came out & never had an issue.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:00 PM - 1 November, 2012
Hey J.J. - I was walking to get some water and saw your name on a repair tag attached to a Sixty-Eight and I remember you had mentioned it being signed by Jazzy Jeff. I think the picture we posted of you was that same day...? Mixer is looking great and that's a nice fat autograph on the side. I'd almost want to put it in glass and just look at it ;)
monchi 2:59 AM - 18 November, 2013
A year later, did they ever fix the cue buttons? BTW can the 64 cue buttons be swapped for the 68?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Is this here how the buttons should work, or did this guy do a DIY? Thanks
monchi 3:02 AM - 18 November, 2013
Oh and this here, thanks.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:11 PM - 18 November, 2013
The cues on the 68 are the same. The guy in that video did not mod them. Just got them serviced.
J.J. 11:14 PM - 18 November, 2013
Zach, did you guys figure out a way to swap the 68 Cue Buttons with the 64? I will easily pay for this MOD.
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:39 AM - 19 November, 2013
No.. this is not going to happen:(
monchi 11:56 AM - 19 November, 2013
Quote:
The cues on the 68 are the same. The guy in that video did not mod them. Just got them serviced.

Is this a service that Rane provides, if so I will send mine as son as I purchase it, thanks?
djstancho 1:06 PM - 19 November, 2013
Hi there,Please somebody help me!?Is there possible ,to replace my cue buttons on my 68 with 64cue buttons!?!?!?!?
dj-freestyle 4:06 PM - 19 November, 2013
you can only get them replaced if a button on your 68 breaks. then rane will replace them with the new buttons they use. thats what zach told me any way. im sure he can confirm that.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:38 PM - 19 November, 2013
Quote:
you can only get them replaced if a button on your 68 breaks. then rane will replace them with the new buttons they use. thats what zach told me any way. im sure he can confirm that.

No.. the new caps cannot fit on the 68. The 68 has what it has and its not going to change.

Quote:
Is this a service that Rane provides, if so I will send mine as son as I purchase it, thanks?

You are not going to need to send it in as soon as you purchase it unless there is an issue.
dj-freestyle 7:44 PM - 19 November, 2013
Glad zach was there to clarify. i misunderstood that buttons on 68. didnt know they were different then 62 buttons or 64.
monchi 11:26 PM - 19 November, 2013
Quote:
A year later, did they ever fix the cue buttons? BTW can the 64 cue buttons be swapped for the 68?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Is this here how the buttons should work, or did this guy do a DIY? Thanks

Quote:
Quote:

No.. the new caps cannot fit on the 68. The 68 has what it has and its not going to change.

Quote:

You are not going to need to send it in as soon as you purchase it unless there is an issue.

So technically speaking, if and when I do send it in, the cue buttons will work exactly as they do in the video DJ Polo posted? Thanks again.
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:28 PM - 19 November, 2013
You won't need to send it in if the buttons are working as they should (which is how they are working in that video).
monchi 11:32 PM - 19 November, 2013
Sorry Zach it is just that I saw how many posted that the cue buttons were/are hard to push on and in that video he taps them so little effort to engage them, thank again. ;)
Henry GQ 6:54 AM - 25 November, 2013
so are you guys still selling the 68? and if so.. will they have the new cue buttons?
J.J. 4:39 PM - 25 November, 2013
I'm still going to put backlit arcade buttons on the 68. Currently, only 4 full size arcade buttons will fit.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:22 PM - 25 November, 2013
Quote:
so are you guys still selling the 68? and if so.. will they have the new cue buttons?

Yes and no.. the new caps cannot fit on the 68.
morningstarr 2:21 PM - 3 July, 2016
OK!! i am fed up with RANE .That question about if Rane knows of your complaint? ITS BULL SHIT i have sent my mixer in 4 times and told them all the issues of this mixer including cue buttons wich was because the buttons to close to the chasi ,this is their issues that they pass on to others acting like its not a faulty $2800 product.And now its discontinue because the Rane 64 is a better product they got the bugs out of .Well what about are investment that RANE hasn't stood behind ,its ridiculous when people with Stanton, pioneer and other mid grade mixer out perform ares ..This is also the second mixer i have they discontinued MP44 $2000 dollar mixer I am very unhappy with Ranes lack of consideration and lack of professionalism .I just talked to them the other day to talk about this and they acted like i was not correct with my complaints even tho every issue has been because of the product not ware and tear which they did try to say to me freezing of mixer firmware issues when i first bout it super nob issues even tho i usually only do wax never been out but oce at Coachellia for my gig i needed a contingency plan incase of issues and then there was the cue buttons wich they had to shim the chasi so the buttons would disengage ..HOW IS ANY OF THESE ISSUES MY FAULT? IF THE PRODUCT ISNT READY DONT SELL IT
morningstarr 2:26 PM - 3 July, 2016
Quote:
i think everyone said what needed to be said. the rane 68 was a let down, the designers failed.

we spent our hard earned money and now regret it... to a certain degree.
morningstarr 2:26 PM - 3 July, 2016
AMEN!